Post Reply 2615 posts
The BARGE TO HELL 2012 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: The BARGE TO HELL Is Coming!

by cowboy71 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:21 pm

mooyagi wrote:Compiled my data. Unless my math is wrong, this is what we've got so far. I've put the sold out sections in red. Keep in mind that these numbers give the maximum/worst case scenario for remaining cabins, but we know that there are fewer because at least some cabins in most of the sections have been already sold, it's just that the sections haven't sold out yet. Also, I'm not sure how they figure which Junior and Grand Suites are doubles/triples/quads. From what I've seen, it appears that any of them could be converted to more than doubles so I am assuming that all three sections tie into the exact same cabins.

Nice to see someone taking over the reins for me for BTH statistician :)

Looking forward to getting back into stating it up for 70K 2013 though :D Even if I don't go :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue May 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Laura wrote:BEHEMOTH???? :shock: :shock: :shock: (just found out from Bentz! who posted on my fb wall)

Now, that's what I call a birthday present! :D

i just found out! how kickass! wishlist bands rule!

and Warphine, no, there will be no sleep, hence why i'm in a cheapo quad cabin this year!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue May 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Very sweet that we got another announcement,

On another note, UMC just get more awesome by the day. I thought I'd made my bank transfer Tuesday of last week and yesterday when I checked my account they had taken out the money but had made the transfer fee $20 more than what they said it was. So I called and left a voicemail. Today I get a call that I missed cause I was at work saying that the transfer didn't go through and that the fee was more than what they thought because it was an international wire but that they would refund for customer service. So when I get home to check my bank account I see that not only did they not refund the fee, but also the transfer money is back in my account, minus $30. Those fuckers! Why didn't they return the full amount and refund the fee? So they've taken an extra $75 for a job that didn't even work and why the hell did they not notify me that it didn't go through sooner? This whole time I thought I'd made a payment. Of course the banks all close before I can get home. Anyways, I spoke with Blake and he was extremely nice and helpful and said not to worry and demand they return my full amount first off. I love UMC! Wish I could say the same about my effing bank :evil:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue May 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Laura wrote:BEHEMOTH???? :shock: :shock: :shock: (just found out from Bentz! who posted on my fb wall)

:lol: As soon as I saw the announcement today first thought was "hell yeah!" and the second thought was "Happy Birthday to Lauraaa!!" :beerhorns:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue May 01, 2012 7:45 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Very sweet that we got another announcement,

On another note, UMC just get more awesome by the day. I thought I'd made my bank transfer Tuesday of last week and yesterday when I checked my account they had taken out the money but had made the transfer fee $20 more than what they said it was. So I called and left a voicemail. Today I get a call that I missed cause I was at work saying that the transfer didn't go through and that the fee was more than what they thought because it was an international wire but that they would refund for customer service. So when I get home to check my bank account I see that not only did they not refund the fee, but also the transfer money is back in my account, minus $30. Those fuckers! Why didn't they return the full amount and refund the fee? So they've taken an extra $75 for a job that didn't even work and why the hell did they not notify me that it didn't go through sooner? This whole time I thought I'd made a payment. Of course the banks all close before I can get home. Anyways, I spoke with Blake and he was extremely nice and helpful and said not to worry and demand they return my full amount first off. I love UMC! Wish I could say the same about my effing bank :evil:

Stupid banks :roll:

And the manager wonders why I don't bank with them :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed May 02, 2012 4:52 am

vikingbitch wrote:

:lol: As soon as I saw the announcement today first thought was "hell yeah!" and the second thought was "Happy Birthday to Lauraaa!!" :beerhorns:

Fuck, so I gotta wait until the end of September for my Hail of Bullets and/or Before the Dawn announcement ? :cry:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed May 02, 2012 4:57 am

KevinP wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

Fuck, so I gotta wait until the end of September for my Hail of Bullets and/or Before the Dawn announcement ? :cry:

We're already past my birthday and Christmas is after Barge :cry: (although I still haven't forgotten my Christmas gift from last year with Kataklysm announcement :lol: )
    Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Wed May 02, 2012 7:16 am

UMC is picking off my top wishlist bands like sharp shooters. Bloodbath, Bolt Thrower, Autopsy, Dimension Zero, Grave are among those still not-yet-sailing. UMC...lock and load! (And muchas gracias!)
    2012 - You never forget your first time. And MDB.
    Barge - Ruled. Period.
    2015 - Booked early, soft lineup.
    2016 - Awesome. Best lineup since Barge.
    2018 - Great time.
    2020 - Hypocrisy or bust.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed May 02, 2012 7:22 am

gnoff wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:Since the last few announcements have been paying attention to my wishlist, Carcass or Bolt Thrower next please. :beerwink:

I'll take Amon Amarth for 500 Alex

:cheers:

What is the 3rd band that I would add from my wishlist after Carcass & Bolt Thrower?

:cheers:
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed May 02, 2012 9:06 am

cowboy71 wrote:Just noticed that blabbermouth currently has all-around advertising for Barge To Hell.

"OVER 40 BANDS"

So I'm guessing thats a sign there will be 42 bands again even for Barge :)

The new ad on Blabbermouth says 40 bands, 80 shows, on 3 stages.....on 4 days!

FYI: UMC, shouldn't that be in 4 days instead of on 4 days?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed May 02, 2012 9:43 am

mooyagi wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Just noticed that blabbermouth currently has all-around advertising for Barge To Hell.

"OVER 40 BANDS"

So I'm guessing thats a sign there will be 42 bands again even for Barge :)

The new ad on Blabbermouth says 40 bands, 80 shows, on 3 stages.....on 4 days!

FYI: UMC, shouldn't that be in 4 days instead of on 4 days?

They always say 40. Even in past years afterwards they say in interviews 40 bands when there were 42.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • sar01061969
    Petty Officer

by sar01061969 » Wed May 02, 2012 1:39 pm

If you actually see the ad on blabbermouth it says over 40 bands over 80 shows so they are actually saying more than 40 bands
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed May 02, 2012 1:52 pm

sar01061969 wrote:If you actually see the ad on blabbermouth it says over 40 bands over 80 shows so they are actually saying more than 40 bands

Not the new large banner that appears at the top of the page. It does say 40 bands and 80 shows. Doesn't really matter. UMC has advertised the last two cruises as 40 bands and we've gotten 42. No reason to think they won't do the same this time.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed May 02, 2012 5:29 pm

Upfront statement: I have no interest or intention in getting in any kind of a protracted pissing contest with anyone on what they consider the definition of "extreme metal" to be. :lol: :lol: ..but in my view... the embodiment of the term is this *ONE* man (and his band/music) :mrgreen: Still can't believe they will be on Barge!
    Last edited by Laura on Thu May 03, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed May 02, 2012 6:45 pm

when is the barge forums going live ? "soon" ? :roll:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed May 02, 2012 6:58 pm

gnoff wrote:If this is the case, only 22 days until they announce Amon Amarth on my birthday then?

This. I want you to have the best birthday ever Gnoffi :lol: :viking:
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed May 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Apparently the main Barge page got it's text updated, and I think it was in direct response to the "competition":

See each of the 40 bands play two live shows on two different days. That's 80 shows with unrestricted festival access to the three stages, each with it's own unique atmosphere:

The luxurious "A Chorus Line" theater where we spare no expense to have the benches removed on the floor. Who actually wants assigned seating in front of the stage at a Metal show?

That line in bold totally has to be a dig at the Mayhem Cruise.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed May 02, 2012 7:35 pm

Warphine wrote:Apparently the main Barge page got it's text updated, and I think it was in direct response to the "competition":

See each of the 40 bands play two live shows on two different days. That's 80 shows with unrestricted festival access to the three stages, each with it's own unique atmosphere:

The luxurious "A Chorus Line" theater where we spare no expense to have the benches removed on the floor. Who actually wants assigned seating in front of the stage at a Metal show?

That line in bold totally has to be a dig at the Mayhem Cruise.

Without a doubt. They updated the 70000 Tons main page with similar wording as well.
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Thu May 03, 2012 5:00 am

Jesus fucking asschrist..........Damn Now I starting to really envy the Barge people...Behemoth. The band I wish for to meet most after Turisas. Well I hope you save Turisas for 70k or I will defiantly have to go to Barge =)
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Can't stand Napalm Death but I love what UMC did with the announcement. Suck it, Mayhem Cruise!

UMC wrote:This is BARGE TO HELL, The World's Most Extreme Metal Cruise, where you get 4 nights of unrestricted festival access to all the stages with no assigned seating or set dinner times. Because we want to make sure you can enjoy your very own NAPALM DEATH not only once, but twice!!!
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Thu May 03, 2012 4:40 pm

NAPALM DEATH!!!!!!

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I made the Devil do it.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu May 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Evil Red wrote:NAPALM DEATH!!!!!!

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waaaaaa???

Huge fan of this band and have never seen them....
    I seriously never need to attend any more music festivals after Barge :beerwink:
    Going out on a very high, extreme note.
    :metalguy:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Thu May 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Holy crap, I'm SO excited!!!

I've seen every tour since I was 18 or so except when they played Vancouver a few months ago. I was so sad having to miss them for the first time ever. AHHHHHHHHH THIS RULES!!!!!!!! :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    I made the Devil do it.
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu May 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Napalm Death is another fantastic add for "Da Barge"

As Kevin has pointed out on the book of faces, Lock Up has a few members onbroad now as well.
    I wonder if they'll get added sometime before the boat leaves port.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu May 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Evil Red wrote:Holy crap, I'm SO excited!!!

I've seen every tour since I was 18 or so except when they played Vancouver a few months ago. I was so sad having to miss them for the first time ever. AHHHHHHHHH THIS RULES!!!!!!!! :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

As soon as I read the letters N A P A L... I thought of you and knew you'd be pleased :D

Enjoy! :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu May 03, 2012 5:45 pm

another bullet dodged for 70k! yay!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu May 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Nice add on Napalm! They're a weird band for me due to the fact that I don't like their older material nearly as much as I enjoy their newer releases. Like a fine wine :chug:
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Thu May 03, 2012 6:13 pm

Being in a elevator alone with Barney would kinda freak me out :lol: This lineup is amazing.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:45 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:another bullet dodged for 70k! yay!

HAHAHAA totally :D

But, the more bullets dodged, the more likely 70k is of having a lineup that I'm gonna have a sad about missing :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Thu May 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Napalm Death, fuck yes! I haven't seen them since the Harmony Corruption tour, loooong overdue!!!
    2012 - You never forget your first time. And MDB.
    Barge - Ruled. Period.
    2015 - Booked early, soft lineup.
    2016 - Awesome. Best lineup since Barge.
    2018 - Great time.
    2020 - Hypocrisy or bust.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu May 03, 2012 6:56 pm

Bentz! wrote:As Kevin has pointed out on the book of faces, Lock Up has a few members onbroad now as well.

Now, you are fucking talking!!! Lock Up for Barge!!! That would be so sick.

I'm so excited for this cruise you guys. When I signed up for 70k last year, it was mostly on faith that the lineup would get better (and it did), but this year I signed up with an already solid lineup and I'm beyond stoked for what's to come.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Anka
    Petty Officer

by Anka » Thu May 03, 2012 7:25 pm

rwalters wrote:Being in a elevator alone with Barney would kinda freak me out :lol: This lineup is amazing.

hahaha :death:
    No band request signature. Surprise me!
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu May 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Warphine wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:As Kevin has pointed out on the book of faces, Lock Up has a few members onbroad now as well.

Now, you are fucking talking!!! Lock Up for Barge!!! That would be so sick.

I'm so excited for this cruise you guys. When I signed up for 70k last year, it was mostly on faith that the lineup would get better (and it did), but this year I signed up with an already solid lineup and I'm beyond stoked for what's to come.

Tell me about it, to think of how many bands we have left - I'm not going to be able to eat, sleep or drink (last one wouldn't be a bad thing :? ) AT ALL on this cruise. Scheduling is going to be a nightmare and a half which I can imagine will be my ONLY complaint.
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Thu May 03, 2012 9:16 pm

rwalters wrote:Being in a elevator alone with Barney would kinda freak me out :lol: This lineup is amazing.

Why?

To this day, he's the ONLY person I've EVER used the word 'gentlemen' to describe someone. Love that guy. Really one of a kind. :P
    I made the Devil do it.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu May 03, 2012 9:22 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:another bullet dodged for 70k! yay!

:lol:
    Now let's get Arkona on Barge too! :D

Seriously though, ND is a great live band, but I've seen them more than ten times over the years, and will see again this summer at Metalcamp and Tuska. So while I'm happy for those who want to see them, I'm not that excited myself. The same with Behemoth, seen them so many times already.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Fri May 04, 2012 1:35 am

Hmmm Napalm Death... not really my kind of thing.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 04, 2012 4:26 am

Evil Red wrote:

Why?

To this day, he's the ONLY person I've EVER used the word 'gentlemen' to describe someone. Love that guy. Really one of a kind. :P

I think I remember you saying that before Red - :cool:
    I'm a :ugeek: and I love to watch lots of interviews with musicians and other creative types whose work I really like - and there are some great ones out there of Barney - like Nergal, he strikes me as such a down to earth, cool guy. I have never done "meet and greets" (on 70K or elsewhere) and I've never bought a VIP ticket for the sole purpose of meeting someone....
    Buuut, I definitely will go out of my way to meet Nergal & Barney. :D
    (I've met Grutle of Enslaved, so if I do again on Barge - cool, if not that's ok. ;) )
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri May 04, 2012 9:31 am

Laura wrote:(I've met Grutle of Enslaved, so if I do again on Barge - cool, if not that's ok. ;) )

introduce me, i want a pic with him! normally i don't care much either, but that one would be cool!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri May 04, 2012 12:44 pm

gnoff wrote:Never seen ND for some weird reason, but was happy to see them at Tusak this year in June for the first time, now I have more chances, yay!

Sleep will be unheard of on this cruise, guess karaoke won't have me in there as much as on previous 70k cruises
    might even drink less?

Maybe I was expecting too much, but didn't care for the karaoke this time around. Maybe cause the 1st year didn't even consider it as something I would care about, and it turned out great. This time I had the expectation going it that it would be the be-all-end-all. I think I went 1 night, as opposed to 4.

But yeah, way too many bands to see this time around with plenty more to go. There is going to be lots of conflicts. But that's a nice problem to have at the end of the day (as opposed to not enough bands you want to see).

PLEASE GIVE US THE RUNNING ORDER IN ADVANCE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, as it will definitely be needed this time more than past 2 voyages. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Garminator
    Oiler

by Garminator » Fri May 04, 2012 12:46 pm

BOOK THESE GUYS FOR BARGE TO HELL!!!

GRAB YOUR GARMIN & TAKE ON THE WORLD!!!!
  • Post Reply 2615 posts