Post Reply 2615 posts
The BARGE TO HELL 2012 Megathread
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

Re: The BARGE TO HELL Is Coming!

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:31 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:The Barge will get some love when it's forum gets more hoppin'

I wonder if Barge will also be once a year, or if it's a one off thing. Guess it'll all depend on how well it sells before it sails
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:

I wonder if Barge will also be once a year, or if it's a one off thing. Guess it'll all depend on how well it sells before it sails

wondering too. i hope it's got enough bookings to avoid cancellation because the lineup is beyond sick!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:58 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

wondering too. i hope it's got enough bookings to avoid cancellation because the lineup is beyond sick!

Highly doubr it will be canceled. I think the general sentiment was it only needs to be 65% full to actually turn a profit or some mulaky. Even then, they will give away cabins to the press for it to be full and they can hope to make up the $$$ on drinks
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:27 pm

not to mention the fact that RC would prolly rake UMC over the coals in cancellation fee's 5 months out there would be no easy way for them to recoup the lost cash from the no go cruise
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:25 am

I don't think it'll be cancelled. I just wonder if it will be a yearly thing or not
    kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:58 am

I would argue they are too close together but with hurricane season probably for the best, considering the amount of people who are traveling long distances. I live in Florida and had to choose only one for leave and money purposes. Back to back might work to keep the die hards on both, the boat that does the Skynard cruise has the option of staying on for the Kiss cruise. The benefit of that would be less set up time on the second, If barge and 70k did that I would probably leave in a body bag. I think Barge has a stellar line up and should be fine, it's up to us to recruit at every show. Many of the people I encounter haven't heard of it or are apprehensive to the idea, I do what I can to sway them. Who knows though, were all fuckin broke!
    Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:35 am

kjaxin wrote:I would argue they are too close together but with hurricane season probably for the best, considering the amount of people who are traveling long distances. I live in Florida and had to choose only one for leave and money purposes. Back to back might work to keep the die hards on both, the boat that does the Skynard cruise has the option of staying on for the Kiss cruise. The benefit of that would be less set up time on the second, If barge and 70k did that I would probably leave in a body bag. I think Barge has a stellar line up and should be fine, it's up to us to recruit at every show. Many of the people I encounter haven't heard of it or are apprehensive to the idea, I do what I can to sway them. Who knows though, were all fuckin broke!

Having them back to back with the option to just stay on would be awesome!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:36 am

KDibildeaux wrote:
    kjaxin wrote:I would argue they are too close together but with hurricane season probably for the best, considering the amount of people who are traveling long distances. I live in Florida and had to choose only one for leave and money purposes. Back to back might work to keep the die hards on both, the boat that does the Skynard cruise has the option of staying on for the Kiss cruise. The benefit of that would be less set up time on the second, If barge and 70k did that I would probably leave in a body bag. I think Barge has a stellar line up and should be fine, it's up to us to recruit at every show. Many of the people I encounter haven't heard of it or are apprehensive to the idea, I do what I can to sway them. Who knows though, were all fuckin broke!

Having them back to back with the option to just stay on would be awesome!

I think I'd die from exhaustion :lol: Perfect way to go. :death:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:37 am

It would b cheaper flight wise and hotel wise and probably easier to budget vacation time. Do it, Andy!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:56 am

It makes perfect sense
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:37 am

gnoff wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:It makes perfect sense

Yes indeed!!

So does pre-order of shirts, but we didn't get that either :D

No one said UMC makes sense :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:52 pm

i'll let everyone know how my back-to-back cruises do in December...but at least only one will be a sleepless metal cruise and the other will be a relaxing watch my brother in law get married type of affair.
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:54 am

Brutal Assault looks amazing, if I had more vacation time to play with I would have loved to stay longer in Europe to catch it right after Metalcamp but alas the two slightly overlap.

It is a pretty damn amazing line up :shock:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:04 am

gnoff wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Brutal Assault looks amazing, if I had more vacation time to play with I would have loved to stay longer in Europe to catch it right after Metalcamp but alas the two slightly overlap.

It is a pretty damn amazing line up :shock:

That line-up for this year does indeed kick some serious butt!

Next year I'll be a lot more held back on festivals, since I'll likely go to school come that fall, but might glance to BA and see if they can follow with something as amazing.

I haven't been on the forums as actively for the past while, I didn't see that you were going to school! Is it for the brewing courses you were interested in? That's awesome Gnoff! Very admirable to be going back and pursuing what you want. How long is the program?
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:17 am

gnoff wrote:
    I got in this year, but turned it down and told them I'd apply again next year, would suit my plans better.

Yes, it's for brewery, though not brewing, more a way of learning how to work in various parts of a brewery.

3 semesters, so 1½ years or so.

I'm sick and tired of working to have fun, I want to work with fun! :lol:

Nice! Reasonable length of time as well and I'm sure you'll probably enjoy the courses as well by the sounds of them! That's killer Gnoff, you'll destroy at it :viking:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:23 am

I wonder if there are any brewery school programs like that here in the US.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:40 am

mooyagi wrote:I wonder if there are any brewery school programs like that here in the US.

There are but you need to fill out a huge ass questionnaire and a bunch of essays as to why you want to attend and what you plan on doing after you graduate. Not that I looked or anything :cool:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:41 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I wonder if there are any brewery school programs like that here in the US.

There are but you need to fill out a huge ass questionnaire and a bunch of essays as to why you want to attend and what you plan on doing after you graduate. Not that I looked or anything :cool:

Crap. That sounds like actual school :lol:
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:44 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:

Crap. That sounds like actual school :lol:

With a bunch of biology science classes haha.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:25 am

kjaxin wrote: it's up to us to recruit at every show. Many of the people I encounter haven't heard of it or are apprehensive to the idea, I do what I can to sway them. Who knows though, were all fuckin broke!

Well since we are PAYING for this privilege, we don't owe anyone anything.

That being said, you book

and/or

and I go into mad pimping mode for ya. Seriously, this is NO JOKE. I'm sure there are more than a few of us, who would gladly hand out flyers and stuff at local shows here for the next many months if you gave us BOLT THROWER.

Between Middle Finger Jesus and I, you already got two IN Florida. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:32 am

I know I've gotten others to book with my pimping skills. Still waiting on a free cabin for the effort ;)
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:35 am

mooyagi wrote:I know I've gotten others to book with my pimping skills. Still waiting on a free cabin for the effort ;)

Same here, but I'm under no delusion that will occur. Just book the bands I want (and I do have magnificent taste no doubt) and I'm a happy camper. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:30 pm

With the speed at which 70K is selling compared to Barge, I'm thinking there are only a few bands that will really move Barge sales to the point of possibly selling out:

King Diamond
    Bolt Thrower
    Slayer (probably too big/expensive to get)

None of whom would be considered "easy gets"
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:34 pm

KevinP wrote:With the speed at which 70K is selling compared to Barge, I'm thinking there are only a few bands that will really move Barge sales to the point of possibly selling out:

King Diamond
    Bolt Thrower

I think both Immortal and Dimmu Borgir would be fairly big draws. :mrgreen:

plus....Machine Head - can't remember the dates of that other cruise they're on....can't they just hop from boat to boat??? :cool:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Laura wrote:
    KevinP wrote:With the speed at which 70K is selling compared to Barge, I'm thinking there are only a few bands that will really move Barge sales to the point of possibly selling out:

King Diamond
    Bolt Thrower

I think both Immortal and Dimmu Borgir would be fairly big draws. :mrgreen:

plus....Machine Head - can't remember the dates of that other cruise they're on....can't they just hop from boat to boat??? :cool:

I don't think DB or Immortal are nearly as big of draws since they play enough all over the place. KD just started playing again, Bolt Thrower rarely if ever play the USA anymore and Slayer is Slayer.

Machine Head would not fit, that would be like booking Hatebreed. They'd get heckled more than they would have fans on these cruises. Totally different audience. you and 5 other people would like that. Definitely not worth the cost for UMC.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:48 pm

^^^ Well, Dimmu plays all over the place, yes...but Immortal not as much in the states. And even if one has seen them several times (as I have now), I think they're still a draw because of the "seeing them on the boat" / having close proximity factors.

I disagree that Machine Head is way off base for a UMC cruise - I think they'd be perfect for Barge and a lot of people (more than 5!) would be way into them.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Laura wrote:^^^ Well, Dimmu plays all over the place, yes...but Immortal not as much in the states. And even if one has seen them several times (as I have now), I think they're still a draw because of the "seeing them on the boat" / having close proximity factors.

I disagree that Machine Head is way off base for a UMC cruise - I think they'd be perfect for Barge and a lot of people (more than 5!) would be way into them.

i think Dimmu might be too big. i do agree that immortal is always a HUGE draw and they only did like 6 dates in the states on their last tour!

i'm not personally into Machine Head but they are hitting the fest circuit hard and would please quite a few people.
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Machine Head would not fit, that would be like booking Hatebreed. They'd get heckled more than they would have fans on these cruises. Totally different audience. you and 5 other people would like that. Definitely not worth the cost for UMC.

Completely disagree. People wouldn't heckle them, they just wouldn't go to the show. AKA Children of Bodom. I've been a MH fan since 1996........ hated the rap years obviously. They aren't going on the cruise so it's a moot point. Those Rockstar Mayhem Cruise bands aren't going to double up.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:15 pm

rwalters wrote:Machine Head would not fit, that would be like booking Hatebreed. They'd get heckled more than they would have fans on these cruises. Totally different audience. you and 5 other people would like that. Definitely not worth the cost for UMC.

Completely disagree. People wouldn't heckle them, they just wouldn't go to the show. AKA Children of Bodom. I've been a MH fan since 1996........ hated the rap years obviously. They aren't going on the cruise so it's a moot point. Those Rockstar Mayhem Cruise bands aren't going to double up.

Agreed.

laura/rhia- Immortal would make my cruise but they like to have a balls out show, with flame pots and stuff. But then again, so does Venom and they did it without that so....
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:33 pm

rwalters wrote:Machine Head would not fit, that would be like booking Hatebreed. They'd get heckled more than they would have fans on these cruises. Totally different audience. you and 5 other people would like that. Definitely not worth the cost for UMC.

I certainly just wouldn't go see them. I'd never heckle them. This doesn't come off as the heckling type of crowd.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:34 pm

WizardBeast wrote:i think Dimmu might be too big. i do agree that immortal is always a HUGE draw and they only did like 6 dates in the states on their last tour!

Immortal would be so awesome. We could have an on broad crab walking party :beerhorns:
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:36 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:i think Dimmu might be too big. i do agree that immortal is always a HUGE draw and they only did like 6 dates in the states on their last tour!

Immortal would be so awesome. We could have an on broad crab walking party :beerhorns:

ImageImageImage
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

ImageImageImage

Yes!
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:39 pm

I was already in my photobucket so I couldnt pass this one up haha
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Monmisreal wrote:I was already in my photobucket so I couldnt pass this one up haha

Glad you didn't
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:42 pm

My one contribution to barge :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:32 pm

i was telling gnoff how awesome it would be if CRAbbath crabwalked into the breakfast buffet to claw some bacon only to quickly crabwalk away with a full plate of the good stuff. :beerhorns: :bmhorns:

i've seen immortal without their pyro (of COURSE it's better with pyro) but they still play without it, yes!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:27 pm

WizardBeast wrote:i was telling gnoff how awesome it would be if CRAbbath crabwalked into the breakfast buffet to claw some bacon only to quickly crabwalk away with a full plate of the good stuff. :beerhorns:

That would be quite the sight :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:34 pm

WizardBeast wrote:i was telling gnoff how awesome it would be if CRAbbath crabwalked into the breakfast buffet to claw some bacon only to quickly crabwalk away with a full plate of the good stuff. :beerhorns: :bmhorns:

i've seen immortal without their pyro (of COURSE it's better with pyro) but they still play without it, yes!

That would be hilarious :lol:
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:10 pm

mooyagi wrote:Immortal would be so awesome. We could have an on broad crab walking party :beerhorns:

Oh my god, that WOULD be hilarious! Maybe an ice sculpture / seafood buffet on the pool deck to accompany it! POW!
    I made the Devil do it.
Post Reply 2615 posts