Post Reply 2615 posts
The BARGE TO HELL 2012 Megathread
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: A Mystery Revealed Overnight

by vikingbitch » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Ummmm.... hey guys.... I leave for Miami in 22 days.... ITS OKAY TO ANNOUNCE THE LAST ELEVEN BANDS NOW.

Wanna make her even angrier? There are twelve bands left to announce, not eleven. :twisted: :lol:

Apparently she's in such a rage she just can't count :lol:

Shut it you two (at least I was able to count that high). I think I got my point across at least :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:37 pm

Booked today. Me +2 noobs. Hope we get some semi-big announcements but it seems a bit late to announce more larger scale bands.
    doc
    Crewman

by doc » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:05 am

Azazel101 wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Ummmm.... hey guys.... I leave for Miami in 22 days.... ITS OKAY TO ANNOUNCE THE LAST ELEVEN BANDS NOW.

or even just 1, PLEASE!!!!
    I did say PLEASE!!!!

I bet Andy draws perverse satisfaction of your begging :D
    Wishlist BTH2014: Aeon, Beneath the Massacre, Black Dahlia Murder, Bloodbath, Bolt Thrower, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Codeon, Death To All, Decapitated, Deicide, Gorod, Hour of Penance, Morbid Angel, Nile, Oral Fistfuck, Slayer, Suicidal Angels, Vader
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:10 am

Stained Class wrote:

23, but still. ;)

Hey Andy, wanna throw a girl some support and announce a band today?

That way I can tell Joey and Ryan that I'm psychic. AND THEY'LL HAVE TO BELIEVE ME.

Thank you!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:10 am

rwalters wrote:Booked today. Me +2 noobs. Hope we get some semi-big announcements but it seems a bit late to announce more larger scale bands.

Bookings = $$$ available for band announcements. Well done. :heavydrink:

Now wrangle up some others to do the same :death: :death: :death:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • gajone
    Crewman

by gajone » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:15 am

rwalters wrote:Booked today. Me +2 noobs. Hope we get some semi-big announcements but it seems a bit late to announce more larger scale bands.

I'm one of those 2 noobs ;)
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Enjoy Your Own GRAVE And Be BONDED BY BLOOD!

by Andy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Are you ready to embark on a trip to the undead? A trip where you can enjoy your own GRAVE? Are you ready for the World's Most Extreme Metal Cruise?

If you make it back, you will be BONDED BY BLOOD with 2,000 of the most extreme Metal fans around the World. Are you ready for the BARGE TO HELL? Don't miss out and grab the last few cabins NOW at: http://www.bargetohell.com
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Re: Enjoy Your Own GRAVE And Be BONDED BY BLOOD!

by X-Thor » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Andy wrote:Are you ready to embark on a trip to the undead? A trip where you can enjoy your own GRAVE? Are you ready for the World's Most Extreme Metal Cruise?

If you make it back, you will be BONDED BY BLOOD with 2,000 of the most extreme Metal fans around the World. Are you ready for the BARGE TO HELL? Don't miss out and grab the last few cabins NOW at: http://www.bargetohell.com

Wow.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:51 pm

I've heard of both but never listened to either. Looks like I've got some research to do!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    BloodRedMike
    Crewman

by BloodRedMike » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Grave is a solid addition. And if things go well, Morbid Angel might be around the corner since they just finished their tour with Grave.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Morbid Angel is touring with Kreator and Nile through 12/22...which means that they might be on 70000 tons...PLEASE ANDY! MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

And also book DEATHALIZER :shred:
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:43 pm

mooyagi wrote:I've heard of both but never listened to either. Looks like I've got some research to do!

Same here. So far really like Bonded by Blood. :D
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Andy wrote:Are you ready to embark on a trip to the undead? A trip where you can enjoy your own GRAVE? Are you ready for the World's Most Extreme Metal Cruise?

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I missed Grave when they last came through Calgary - they are on my list of BANDS I NEED TO SEE/TRAVEL FOR NO MATTER WHAT THIS MUST EFFING HAPPEN list and will be first time. Love them. Love love love. Their new album is actually pretty damn good too. Those who want to check them out I suggest Back from The Grave.

Bonded by Blood I don't mind missing their sets - have one of their CDs but not really a fan. I have to be picky on which bands I'll see with this line up thus far. Jebus.

Holy ball sack, GRAVE :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:18 pm

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:19 pm

KevinP wrote:Image

I picked it up a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed it - what say you Vegemite hoarder?
    hodgy
    Crewman

by hodgy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Marlo, you're psychic!
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:09 pm

Weird. I've been listening to both bands today.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:11 pm

So after first listen, not really impressed with Bonded by Blood. I'm probably going to check out a Grave set.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Both bands sound familiar but I haven't heard either. Will have to give them both a listen. Good to get announcements! :deathhorns:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:22 pm

Like both bands, but bonded by blood's vocals aren't that impressive .... I can get into the music itself though, will check both bands outs. might not be full setters though.

schedules man, schedules and where they play. still have a hard time doing the spectrum. a little better on the second cruise than the first, but the smoke really is a minus ......... raising the stage a little helped for seeing further back. still not a fan of the venue though.

we'll see what happens when we are there :cheers: :beerhorns:

I think I'd prefer Havok or Heathen over Bonded by Blood ............. but I won't complain. We got an announcement :lol:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:15 am

Finally a wishlist band for me, but of course, for the wrong cruise. :cry:
    Damn, Grave is so freaking good. And the new album is a killer.

:deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:48 am

Stop this madness now. I just can't take it anymore.

Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:11 am

It's a good but not my favorite. Back From the Dead is still their best NEWEST album. But nothing holds a candle to:

You'll Never See... (2nd album) http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=FAwP_LQw ... AwP_LQwTQs
    Into the Grave (1st album) http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=rela ... aHrQpAc-Tg
    Soulless (3rd album) http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iUkgUaKD ... UkgUaKD188

They are all a bunch of fun guys and you'll probably see them all over the ship. Zeena is good friends with the drummer, Ronnie, who I've meet (really cool guy).

Ronnie also admitted to liking the new Morbid Angel album recently, so I've been giving him shit for that (and plan to on the cruise) :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:12 am

I agree, the 1st 3 grave albums are their best but all are listenable
    not a big fan of BBB but a good announcement non the less

lets keep this rolling,
    1 more in the next 24 hours :heavydrink: :3drunks:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:28 am

Yea, I had that tape. I'll have to go fire up spotify and re-listen. I bought it based on logo, album title, and label via relapse mail order. :lol:

This song was/is pretty catchy:

I Need You - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZrdbAtNi0o
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:35 am

Memnoch wrote:Finally a wishlist band for me, but of course, for the wrong cruise. :cry:

I'll trade you a Grave for a Tiamat? :D
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:29 am

Countdown !!!!!!!!!!!! Starting to pack ! I know, early but I am ready to get the fudge out of this horrible city with horrible attitude people. Seattle blows
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:32 am

KevinP wrote:It's a good but not my favorite. Back From the Dead is still their best NEWEST album. But nothing holds a candle to:

You'll Never See... (2nd album) http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=FAwP_LQw ... AwP_LQwTQs
    Into the Grave (1st album) http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=rela ... aHrQpAc-Tg
    Soulless (3rd album) http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iUkgUaKD ... UkgUaKD188

They are all a bunch of fun guys and you'll probably see them all over the ship. Zeena is good friends with the drummer, Ronnie, who I've meet (really cool guy).

Ronnie also admitted to liking the new Morbid Angel album recently, so I've been giving him shit for that (and plan to on the cruise) :lol: :lol: :lol:

at party san 2004 I drank in the backstage tent with Ola and the bassist. we shut the place down at 6 am and Ola was so drunk he could barely walk, he kept promising me a advance CD of the new Grave album. Said he would bring it "tomorrow" well they must have flown back to Sweden because I did not see him the next day anywhere. :lol: maybe he was too hungover. So funny when drunk europeans do the "ahhhhhhh your american" and then want to chat until the cows come home
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:25 pm

soundcurve wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Finally a wishlist band for me, but of course, for the wrong cruise. :cry:

No thanks, I like the addition of Grave to BTH. I'd rather trade Six Feet Under for Tiamat.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:38 pm

soundcurve wrote:

Done. :D
    I'd also trade anyone except Nile or Immolation for Solstafir.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:32 am

soundcurve wrote:

Surely you jest
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:01 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Stop this madness now. I just can't take it anymore.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:25 am

Two nice bands for me, especially Grave :headbanger:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:32 am

The Running Order will be announced 2-3 weeks before sailing.

You have one week to keep your word, Skipper! The Running Order watch begins. Might wanna fill out the lineup first. ;)
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:37 am

mooyagi wrote:The Running Order will be announced 2-3 weeks before sailing.

You have one week to keep your word, Skipper! The Running Order watch begins. Might wanna fill out the lineup first. ;)

Didnt it come out like a day or two before last 70k? :lol:

Pretty sure we already discussed this, but im one of the people that doesnt really care about getting it early.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:38 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:The Running Order will be announced 2-3 weeks before sailing.

Didnt it come out like a day or two before last 70k? :lol:

Pretty sure we already discussed this, but im one of the people that doesnt really care about getting it early.

I at least want it early enough so I can map out my schedule before things start. That way I can account for conflicts and whatnot on the first day and ensure I see every band I want to.

It was the night before, I believe.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:40 am

mooyagi wrote:I at least want it early enough so I can map out my schedule before things start. That way I can account for conflicts and whatnot on the first day and ensure I see every band I want to.

Ah, yea I just remember we didnt get it early. Eh, im cool with looking when we get on the boat. Always have a couple hours before shit starts anyway :3drunks:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:42 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I at least want it early enough so I can map out my schedule before things start. That way I can account for conflicts and whatnot on the first day and ensure I see every band I want to.

Ah, yea I just remember we didnt get it early. Eh, im cool with looking when we get on the boat. Always have a couple hours before shit starts anyway :3drunks:

Were there even 4-day running orders available on the ship? We weren't able to print it out off the website before broading and on the ship we only got the running order for each day in the morning. I just want to make sure I have all 4 days at once so I can plan things out better in case I need to skip a band's first set (or I need to go to it).
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:44 am

I thought thats what was handed out by allison, I think?, at the table before the security checkpoint. Maybe im wrong
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:55 am

Monmisreal wrote:I thought thats what was handed out by allison, I think?, at the table before the security checkpoint. Maybe im wrong

I could have just missed it. I remember seeing Allison sitting there.
Post Reply 2615 posts