Post Reply 2615 posts
The BARGE TO HELL 2012 Megathread
    KevinP
    Commander

Re: Enjoy Your Own GRAVE And Be BONDED BY BLOOD!

by KevinP » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:10 am

Mal2000 wrote:I am expecting the last announcements while boarding the ship :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You greedy bastard :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:12 am

shirts are already printed. will they not include the mystery bands, or were we lied to and there wont be 40 bands like the first page of the BTH website states ? At any rate, I do not care, I am ready to board now and am packing this weekend. I give up hitting "Refresh" when its been over 3 weeks since any announcement and we sail in 9 days
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:32 am

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
    :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: days!

We now have as many days left as there are bands to announce.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:25 pm

C'mon Andy... make me upset I'm not goin'... I double dog dare ya! What're ya, chicken? Lil' Andy Pillar, can't make an announcement...neener neener booboo... </schoolyard bullying>
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Perhaps we should start another meme-posting frenzy? Those seemed to work in the past.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:50 pm

X-Thor wrote:Perhaps we should start another meme-posting frenzy? Those seemed to work in the past.

The same 1 thing doesn't always work twice... I think schoolyard bullying is a way to go... peer pressure him into an announcement
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    steevl
    Oiler

by steevl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:53 pm

Man, for some reason I thought they'd have almost all the bands announced at this point. Or maybe, as some have hinted in here, they already have!

Also no mention of running order nor anything about online checkin. And yet, two weeks from now I'll be right here at home, recovering from the cruise.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:06 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Perhaps we should start another meme-posting frenzy? Those seemed to work in the past.

The same 1 thing doesn't always work twice... I think schoolyard bullying is a way to go... peer pressure him into an announcement

Don't bite the hand that feeds you. The next 10 bands could very well be Eskimo Callboy, X-Japan and the like... (not that they are bad bands, though I don't like them, but they certainly are not BTH-material).

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Are You Ready For The Global EXODUS?

by Andy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Let the world-wide EXODUS for BARGE TO HELL begin! Paying tribute to our global customer base, please also welcome: SEITA from Brazil and The Netherlands, HAVOK from the USA, NECRONOMICON from Germany and HEADCRUSHER from Colombia!

Our customer service team is working around the clock to get everything ready for you to perform online check-in. Expect to receive your online check-in invitation on Monday. Thank you for your patience!
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Are You Ready For The Global EXODUS?

by vikingbitch » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Sweeeet Exodus again!! :shred:

Thanks Andy :)
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Lots of bands! Good international flavor. Unfamiliar with Seita and Headcrusher. I liked a bit of Necronomicon when I checked them out when they were rumored. A few people had mentioned Havok so they'll be very happy and I wasn't able to see Exodus the first cruise due to their first set being delayed so good I get a chance to see them on Barge. :D

Bands!
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:54 pm

And to sum up what I would like to ask about the final five.... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7luMp6lb9M
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Just checked out Seita and Headcrusher. Didn't take long to decide I won't see their sets. Oh well. :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Thanks for the cluster of bands Andy!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:11 pm

vikingbitch wrote:And to sum up what I would like to ask about the final five.... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7luMp6lb9M

Watching this video again I can just picture Ashton Kutcher as Andy giving us a few announcements and rather than us saying "and then?" its our response of "soon?".

I'm starting to feel a bit of pity for him watching this :lol:
    steevl
    Oiler

by steevl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Well, glad we got more band announcements and an ETA on online checkin!

Not really a fan of any of the newly-announced bands, but that's fine. More space at their shows for everyone else and more time for me to recover! ;)
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Prior to this announcement I was checking out 16 of 30.

Now it's 16 out of 35 :lol: (will check out Necronomicon depending upon my condition and where they are positioned in the running order)

Still a good % at the end of the day :death:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Anka
    Petty Officer

by Anka » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:07 pm

prior to this announcements i wanted to check out all the bands or at least a few songs from a few other. Now i have one band to avoid completely

:givebeer:
    No band request signature. Surprise me!
    BloodRedMike
    Crewman

by BloodRedMike » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:09 pm

KevinP wrote:Prior to this announcement I was checking out 16 of 30.

Now it's 16 out of 35 :lol: (will check out Necronomicon depending upon my condition and where they are positioned in the running order)

Still a good % at the end of the day :death:

I'm with ya. Exodus and Havok are cool, but I won't care if I missed their sets. The other 3 I couldn't give a rats ass about. Hopefully there's 1 rabbit left in the hat that makes everyone go "ooooooooooooh".
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:23 pm

So it seems to me that Exodus is easily the biggest band of the 5 announced. And as much as I love them, and will likely catch both sets, and look for Holt everywhere, they aren't really going to sell any tickets.

So now we know what to expect out of the remaining bands.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:19 pm

EvilDan wrote:So it seems to me that Exodus is easily the biggest band of the 5 announced. And as much as I love them, and will likely catch both sets, and look for Holt everywhere, they aren't really going to sell any tickets.

So now we know what to expect out of the remaining bands.

I think at this point with us so close to sailing date, even a really huge name would have trouble selling cabins. I'm not expecting much in terms of name recognition for the final bands but that doesn't mean there won't be something that makes me really excited.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:39 pm

see... I bullied Andy into an announcement... I played off his love of spite haha
    but, Andy... you didn't make me regret my not going, as Necronomicon is the only one I'd definitely try to catch a set of... but good try and congrats to those goin' who enjoy some of those bands!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:48 pm

so out of the 5 bands left we still have
    Heaven Shall Burn and Finntroll leaked but not confirmed leaving 3 unknown? or did the mag get that wrong and those are bands for 70K not confirmed? hence why we haven't got them yet :oops: :shock:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Damn! 3.5/4 out of 5 announcement for me

Regrets growing but happy for those who are going :headbanger:

Exodus is always great and I really like both Havok and Necro. Never heard of the other 2 until tonight but would check out a Headcrusher set and pass on Seita.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:59 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:so out of the 5 bands left we still have
    Heaven Shall Burn and Finntroll leaked but not confirmed leaving 3 unknown? or did the mag get that wrong and those are bands for 70K not confirmed? hence why we haven't got them yet :oops: :shock:

Actually we don't know about those cus kevin emailed heaven shall burn and they disnt know what was going on. That might have been a premature announculation by someone
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:40 am

from Sara Roybal (on FB)
    The story the souls on a journey before Dec 21 2012!
    The world is tired of being in LockUp and in a Corrosion of Conformity with a Hackneyed society. Tired of the Hypocrisy and Mayhem we are all now Bonded by Blood. There is a Sacred Reich doing Soilwork plotting to put people Six Feet Under in a Sepultura. A Headcrusher named Solstafir vowed to do a Moonspell using the Necromonicon and would create Havok. Kampfar and Krisiun heard a Loudblast and decided to enact a Sanctuary for the Enslaved. A rebel group made a Exodus led by Holy Moses to go find some Artillery and found a mass Grave while At The Gates. Such a Municipal Waste, it smelled like Rotting Christ, Sodom and Napalm Death. Morgoth the Behemoth once vowed he would take everyone who was Possessed to Seita for punishment. All hope was lost and soon is would be a Paradise Lost that came to an end known as Nachtmystium. All those who were transported there...were taken by The Barge to Hell!!!!!

thought this was pretty awesome :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:01 am

Pretty anticlimactic in my opinion. I could've chosen at least 20 pay-to-play bands that I'd rather see, but it's cool that Andy brings these unknowns onbroad for some good exposure. Good on them, eh? And even though I'm not too thrilled with these bands, it puts my worries to rest.

We're almost there... let's put this bitch in the water!!! :shred:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:29 am

Wait a minute... At the Gates, Hypocrisy, Mayhem, Sodom, Exodus... Dammit, this could've been the most epic 70K of all time: half barge to rainbows, half barge to hell. Man, that would've been great.

--
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:15 am

Well heck! That's good news, I guess for the Barge people.

I'll be on the 70k again, and I check the site every damn day for additions.

5 bands in one day! Good! Hope the rest are announced tomorrow for you Bargers!!

I'm so jealous of the Barge line up!

Wish we can steal some of those bands over to the 70k!

:boobs:

Wish list 2020: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond, Churchburn, Devin Townsend, Amorphis, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:19 am

Would like to see Criminal on board.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:26 am

lampropelma wrote:Would like to see Criminal on board.

:cheers:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • gajone
    Crewman

by gajone » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:35 am

Andy wrote:Our customer service team is working around the clock to get everything ready for you to perform online check-in. Expect to receive your online check-in invitation on Monday. Thank you for your patience!

Anyone want to bet this shit doesn't go down on Monday? :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:38 am

DragonLordJones wrote:from Sara Roybal (on FB)
    The story the souls on a journey before Dec 21 2012!
    The world is tired of being in LockUp and in a Corrosion of Conformity with a Hackneyed society. Tired of the Hypocrisy and Mayhem we are all now Bonded by Blood. There is a Sacred Reich doing Soilwork plotting to put people Six Feet Under in a Sepultura. A Headcrusher named Solstafir vowed to do a Moonspell using the Necromonicon and would create Havok. Kampfar and Krisiun heard a Loudblast and decided to enact a Sanctuary for the Enslaved. A rebel group made a Exodus led by Holy Moses to go find some Artillery and found a mass Grave while At The Gates. Such a Municipal Waste, it smelled like Rotting Christ, Sodom and Napalm Death. Morgoth the Behemoth once vowed he would take everyone who was Possessed to Seita for punishment. All hope was lost and soon is would be a Paradise Lost that came to an end known as Nachtmystium. All those who were transported there...were taken by The Barge to Hell!!!!!

thought this was pretty awesome :cheers: :beerhorns:

Pretty clever :D
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:05 pm

I actually like this announcement of good 1 known legendary band and 4 unknowns that I could care less about. This cruise already has WAY too many bands I want to watch (basically at 20) that it would be almost impossible if they added like 6 more. Definitely watching 1 full Exodus set though. Great live act even though I like to rip on Dukes........
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Are You Ready For This MONSTROSITY?

by Andy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:42 pm

We are heading for a luxury destination in the Bahamas. People will ask: "What is this big MONSTROSITY of blood drenched metal that is steaming towards us?" It's the BARGE TO HELL, The World's Most Extreme Metal Cruise!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: Are You Ready For This MONSTROSITY?

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Andy wrote:We are heading for a luxury destination in the Bahamas. People will ask: "What is this big MONSTROSITY of blood drenched metal that is steaming towards us?" It's the BARGE TO HELL, The World's Most Extreme Metal Cruise!

certainly a good announcement for Barge's demographic
    Last edited by DrinkMoxie on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Moar bands! :headbanger:
    steevl
    Oiler

by steevl » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Two announcements within 24 hours? This is madness!
    torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Happy with both Exodus and Havok announcements (hell yeah to Thrash! :shred: )
    I was kinda hoping to hear Heathen on Barge... still time and spots to announce them ;)

:cheers:
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:23 pm

steevl wrote:Two announcements within 24 hours? This is madness!

--
Post Reply 2615 posts