Post Reply 2629 posts
The BARGE TO HELL 2012 Megathread
  • Electrichead
    Crewman

Re: Don't Miss The Barge!

by Electrichead » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:36 pm

Tobbe wrote:Isn't it rather naive to blame to the season for poor ticket sales, when lack of interest for extreme metal probably is the correct answer?

No because people would rather spend $1000 on presents and shit for people and being three weeks before holidays for most its bad timing. The lineup was stellar lots of kick ass bands Id rather see that lineup of bands but because 70k is at the end of january i will go on that instead. Its a better time to get away. Besides it gets fucking cold here in jan/feb. i could use a week in the warm sun to break up winter.
    2013, 2014, 2015 survivor
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:42 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:
    hypercube33 wrote:
    Still felt like we were outsiders being one of the few new people on a metal cruise - though everyone was very nice no one seemed too willing to meet any newbies to the cruise and separated into their comfortable groups.

Cheers

That, is one of the saddest things I've ever read :cry:

It would never happen with the folk metal crew.

That is so true.

I kinda know how he feels, I felt a little bit like that, like it was a reunion of friends and I didn't know anyone, but that's fine with me because I was quite content just doing my own thing. I didn't want to miss a band or something just to hang out with people, so I was happier just doing my own thing most of the time, instead of following a group of people. I found that most people move around quite a bit and are never in the same place for very long (unless hanging out at Karaoke all night) so quite often I wanted to be in a different place anyway, so It works out easier for me to just do what I want.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:49 pm

I have to admit, I didn't hang out with many (any?) of you last cruise. I was too busy catching up with my high school friend who came along and my best friend from college that I hadn't seen since 70K 2011.

This year I'll be more social.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Anyone wishing to further discuss, debate or debunk the whole ear plugs are for pussies thing, here's the thread where it was discussed a fair bit years back:

http://www.70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=74&p=1543&hilit=hearing#p1543
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:15 pm

There's nothing to debate, the idea that "earplugs are for pussies" is just fuckin' stupid, probably the dumbest thing I've read on the forum yet. I wear ear plugs all the time because I want to preserve my hearing as much as possible, hearing loss is not revers-able. There's nothing pussy-ish about not wanting to go deaf.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:21 pm

This reminds me; I saw that Kevin dude who posts on here a couple times and he was wearing earplugs, so if he ever makes fun of a band for being "weenie" again you can just laugh because wearing earplugs at a metal show is the weeniest shit ever :lol:

HUH? WHAT? SPEAK THE FUCK UP...I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being in the business myself, I would never NOT wear earplugs at a concert.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:25 pm

I had no problem meeting shit tons of people onbroad back in January... and I got to be super social despite being a cruise n00b at the time... and I was stone cold sober... I even talked to and hung out with Conrad...

that said, I can imagine a half empty boat of mostly death metal fans being somewhat less social, overall, than the sold out 70k was
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Ecliptica wrote:I have to admit, I didn't hang out with many (any?) of you last cruise. I was too busy catching up with my high school friend who came along and my best friend from college that I hadn't seen since 70K 2011.

This year I'll be more social.

You were right next to me during Orphaned Land's pool deck show, didn't know it was you until after though when the photos were being released. We only talked briefly about the set list...

Oh, and it looks like I'm wearing ear plugs :P
    Last edited by doomguy on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2019 Wishlist:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:59 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I had no problem meeting shit tons of people onbroad back in January... and I got to be super social despite being a cruise n00b at the time... and I was stone cold sober... I even talked to and hung out with Conrad...

that said, I can imagine a half empty boat of mostly death metal fans being somewhat less social, overall, than the sold out 70k was

You're a queef sandwich, but it was cool to talk to you anyway.

2019 Wishlist:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:31 pm

Conrad wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I had no problem meeting shit tons of people onbroad back in January... and I got to be super social despite being a cruise n00b at the time... and I was stone cold sober... I even talked to and hung out with Conrad...

You're a queef sandwich, but it was cool to talk to you anyway.

you too, ass motel
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Conrad wrote:You were right next to me during Orphaned Land's pool deck show, didn't know it was you until after though when the photos were being released. We only talked briefly about the set list...

Ahhhhhhhhh, yes, awesome picture, too. I was so happy during that set, la la laaaaaaaaa

And this year I'm bringing ear plugs.
    kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Less people just as much fun! For those of you assuming it was a total sausage fest the ratio was pretty good. More females than the last 70k. My wife actually had to wait on the bathroom a couple times.
    Favorite sets include Kampfar x2, Rotting Christ x2, Moonspell x2, Sacred Reich, Meyhem, Nachtmystium, Grave, Solstafir x2, Morgoth x2..
    Paradise Lost was a huge disappointment for me. I suppose I had my hopes up for an old set.
    As for attendance, there are a million reasons to speculate but timing is everything. The lineup argument is bullshit.
    Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:16 am

hypercube33 wrote:Still felt like we were outsiders being one of the few new people on a metal cruise - though everyone was very nice no one seemed too willing to meet any newbies to the cruise and separated into their comfortable groups.

Cheers

Strange, there were a lot of new cruisers. Shame you felt that way, I remember meeting a lot of new cruisers. Do you know if we met, by any chance?
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:44 am

I don't know if these have been posted yet or if everyones seen 'em, but I was browsing YouTube looking to find some early BTH footage and saw a couple from the pre-party, full Napalm Death and Municipal Waste sets, if anyone's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzKACa9_kSI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVOZ11cyroA

2019 Wishlist:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:10 am

Ecliptica wrote:
    Conrad wrote:You were right next to me during Orphaned Land's pool deck show, didn't know it was you until after though when the photos were being released. We only talked briefly about the set list...

Ahhhhhhhhh, yes, awesome picture, too. I was so happy during that set, la la laaaaaaaaa

And this year I'm bringing ear plugs.

So was I, it was a very special treat to see them.

2019 Wishlist:
    steevl
    Oiler

by steevl » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:34 am

kjaxin wrote:Less people just as much fun! For those of you assuming it was a total sausage fest the ratio was pretty good. More females than the last 70k. My wife actually had to wait on the bathroom a couple times.
    Favorite sets include Kampfar x2, Rotting Christ x2, Moonspell x2, Sacred Reich, Meyhem, Nachtmystium, Grave, Solstafir x2, Morgoth x2..
    Paradise Lost was a huge disappointment for me. I suppose I had my hopes up for an old set.
    As for attendance, there are a million reasons to speculate but timing is everything. The lineup argument is bullshit.

I enjoyed Paradise Lost, but yeah I think the earliest song they played was "As I Die." Nick also seemed to be the least enthused to be there, but I've never seen them live; maybe that's just how he normally acts onstage, or maybe I was completely misreading him.

Solstafir was excellent! I think they might have been my favorite performances.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:04 am

It's normal by Nick. Saw them few times.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:19 am

Less people is better. Got a bronchial infection on the cruise but still saw 20ish bands. Did everything I could to see sets. Instead of doing full sets like I normally would I saw 2 songs of sets then went back to rest on Wednesday and Thursday. I got to be the first one off the boat though.

Missed second moonspell set except full moon madness (at doctor)if anyone could tell me what they played I would really really appreciate it!!
    TEKWRX
    Oiler

by TEKWRX » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:32 am

My wife and I had a killer time. What an amazing week. This was my first cruise ever so I didn't know what to expect. We went mainly to see ROTTING CHRIST, MOONSPELL, MAYHEM, & ENSLAVED. They were all great except for maybe ENSLAVED because they didn't play enough old stuff and we're not really into the newer prog metal. Grutle and Ivar were both very friendly when we talked. In fact, all the artists were very cool and approachable.

Our only complaint would be that most of the bands we wanted to see repeated their setlist. I thought that was lame. I understand playing the more popular songs both days, but to have the same setlist was lazy and a bit disappointing.

I did record a bunch of audio, so once I get it edited/cleaned up I'll post links.
    ----------------------------
    BTH Survivor (2012)
    70k 2016 Survivor
    ----------------------------
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:33 am

rwalters wrote:Missed second moonspell set except full moon madness (at doctor)if anyone could tell me what they played I would really really appreciate it!!

Sorry to hear you got sick man. I can note songs in the second set which I enjoyed: Grandstand, Night Eternal, Finisterra. I am glad they changed things up. I know it is tradition to hit Opium, Full Moon, and Alma but I could go without them for once since Moonspell has so much great material.

My faves were Behemoth. Awesome sadistic impact. Rotting Christ were good just wished they altered the set a touch. I enjoyed Paradise Lost (old and new) but wish they coulda had a longer set to cover more. At the Gates were excellent.

Biggest let down for me was Nachtmystium. I know "never stop the madness" but can't it be halted for at least a hour for a solid set :lol:
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:06 am

Not sure how familiar you are with moonspell but did they play anything from the antidote or sin peccado albums? Anything from omega white or did they mostly ztick with their more heavy material.
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:09 am

rwalters wrote:Not sure how familiar you are with moonspell but did they play anything from the antidote or sin peccado albums? Anything from omega white or did they mostly ztick with their more heavy material.

Yea, 2nd set they opened with the Antidote combo. In and Above Men and From Lowering Skies. Nothing from Sin Pecado that I recall. They stuck to the heavy stuff. I would of loved a set of Omega White material.
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:25 am

Cool. I saw atleast 1 set of everyone i came to see so it wasnt that bad overall. Just missed second moonspell set. Both paradise lost and sepultura mixed sets were fucking phenomenal. Missed nachtmystium since doc said stay away from smokey environments.

Appreciate the fast response.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Barge was fantastic! I had a blast. Yes, the boat was clearly less full than the other cruises but it didn't have any negative effect on the experience. Hell, it was easier to find seating in the Windjammer and find a good spot during the shows.

I'm just going to list off some memories while they are fresh in my head. I'm sure I'll remember many more later:

Taking a shuttle to the port with Rotting Christ
    Creepy Gnoff
    "Your boat sucks!" chant during the forum meetup
    Kevin's napkin hat
    Heckling people at the Windjammer
    Finally trying the Compass Deli (highly recommended)
    Being silly during Mayhem's pool deck set and getting some funny looks from Fernando of Moonspell
    Taking about 15 minutes to realize we were having dinner with someone from Sanctuary
    Drunk as hell WizardBeast and her Grave pick story (about 100 times)
    Chatting with Andy, Allison and Aaron
    The pool deck functioning as a skating rink during Municipal Waste
    The awesome lightning show during Enslaved and Behemoth's pool deck sets
    Butt plugs, butter and your mom (sounds like a great book title)
    Hash brown heaven at breakfast the final day

Best 5 shows:
    1. Moonspell - Pool
    2. Rotting Christ - Pool
    3. Kampfar - Spectrum
    4. Enslaved - Chorus Line
    5. Behemoth - Chorus Line
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:43 pm

hypercube33 wrote:Still felt like we were outsiders being one of the few new people on a metal cruise - though everyone was very nice no one seemed too willing to meet any newbies to the cruise and separated into their comfortable groups.

Cheers

That's odd. Obviously, everyone has a different experience but I ended up meeting a few newbies and spending some time with them.
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:53 pm

I spent far more time with new people this year than I did with people from last year or from the forum. So, I hope people didn't think I was blowing them off.

Oh, and every single band member and crew, without exception, had earplugs. I don't wear them, but that's my own stupid fault.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:45 pm

mooyagi wrote:Barge was fantastic! I had a blast. Yes, the boat was clearly less full than the other cruises but it didn't have any negative effect on the experience. Hell, it was easier to find seating in the Windjammer and find a good spot during the shows.

I'm just going to list off some memories while they are fresh in my head. I'm sure I'll remember many more later:

Taking a shuttle to the port with Rotting Christ
    Creepy Gnoff
    "Your boat sucks!" chant during the forum meetup
    Kevin's napkin hat
    Heckling people at the Windjammer
    Being silly during Mayhem's pool deck set and getting some funny looks from Fernando of Moonspell
    Taking about 15 minutes to realize we were having dinner with someone from Sanctuary
    Drunk as hell WizardBeast and her Grave pick story (about 100 times)
    Chatting with Andy, Allison and Aaron
    The pool deck functioning as a skating rink during Municipal Waste
    The awesome lightning show during Enslaved and Behemoth's pool deck sets
    Butt plugs, butter and your mom (sounds like a great book title)
    Hash brown heaven at breakfast the final day

Best 5 shows:
    1. Moonspell - Pool
    2. Rotting Christ - Pool
    3. Kampfar - Spectrum
    4. Enslaved - Chorus Line
    5. Behemoth - Chorus Line

Awesome summary of awesome times :D
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:54 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:

Cheers

Strange, there were a lot of new cruisers. Shame you felt that way, I remember meeting a lot of new cruisers. Do you know if we met, by any chance?

I met a bunch of 1st timers this year. I don't think people can blame it on the extreme crowd. I don't know any of us who frequently post who are standoffish in any way. Heck, I go out of my way to make people feel accepted and not part of a clique (see my post on the matter prior to 70K 2012). One of my pet peeves in life.

But if you are a 1st timer, you have to understand it's human nature for those of us who have been chatting and cruising' together for years to be closer. We ain't roaming around the boat on a specific mission for people to make them feel accepted. That responsibility is upon you to come and introduce yourself, be open and a bit "forward". Also, alot of the newer people are not on tis forum, but on the Facebook group. We met alot of new people through there. Heck there was even a meet up after the muster drill.

So if people were dicks or brushed you off, that's one thing. Otherwise, it is what it is. All of us were noobs to all of each other the first time and had to put ourselves out there to meet others.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm very happy I got to meet 1st timers on this one. I was always hesitant to say hi and butt in to others groups. Thanks all who spent time talking to me.. And thanks for the massage from Gnoff if he's still posting on here. Now I feel special.. I was attempted to be creeped out. It's not easy to creep me out.. lol sorry
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:33 pm

KevinP wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

Cheers

I met a bunch of 1st timers this year. I don't think people can blame it on the extreme crowd. I don't know any of us who frequently post who are standoffish in any way. Heck, I go out of my way to make people feel accepted and not part of a clique (see my post on the matter prior to 70K 2012). One of my pet peeves in life.

But if you are a 1st timer, you have to understand it's human nature for those of us who have been chatting and cruising' together for years to be closer. We ain't roaming around the boat on a specific mission for people to make them feel accepted. That responsibility is upon you to come and introduce yourself, be open and a bit "forward". Also, alot of the newer people are not on tis forum, but on the Facebook group. We met alot of new people through there. Heck there was even a meet up after the muster drill.

So if people were dicks or brushed you off, that's one thing. Otherwise, it is what it is. All of us were noobs to all of each other the first time and had to put ourselves out there to meet others.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This sums it up very well :deathhorns:. In general people here are very friendly and I feel like the group just gets bigger and bigger
    hypercube33
    Oiler

by hypercube33 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:03 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I had no problem meeting shit tons of people on broad back in January... and I got to be super social despite being a cruise n00b at the time... and I was stone cold sober... I even talked to and hung out with Conrad...

This made me lol. The boat was rather empty at times, but that wasn't a bad thing. We were basically spent from the two days planning and packing and a day of travel and exploring Miami before the cruise even started so we were cashed out a lot of the time we weren't trying to catch bands at least once. When we did encounter people they were extremely nice and felt like family though. Just wish during the food binge times people would have been more open to sitting with people who weren't familiar or shooting the shit about stuff - only two people did with us and they were new as well before running off due to being sea sick. :stagger:

We're already budgeting for the 2014 70k since thats more of our scene anyway - more variety and we're into more of the bands than on barge, though we were not disappointed (hillsmetalchick) and I.
    hypercube33
    Oiler

by hypercube33 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:06 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:

Cheers

No idea. We were with rotting christ on the bus to the boat? Were you one of the people on the bus??
    hypercube33
    Oiler

by hypercube33 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:12 pm

LIES! It doesnt exist. Well we wandered through it once.

I think it would have helped if the forums were easier to find -- we didnt post until the day before the ship set sail since Barge has no forums and 70k doesnt have a link, i had to google since i swore i saw one once. Otherwise, I am sad that I missed the chair mosh pit.

Otherwise you can faceberk me @ https://www.facebook.com/hypercube33 i have posted crap from the cruise in my ferters like Gangnam style metal snorkeling...no comment.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:15 pm

hypercube33 wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

Cheers

No idea. We were with rotting christ on the bus to the boat? Were you one of the people on the bus??

I was sitting behind you then. Remember I told you that Rotting Christ were in the back? (haha I like to give random information to people). Damn! had I known you were new forumites I would have said hi more, but I thought as is I was possibly annoying people on the shuttle. I had a bit of a giggly sugar rush at that point :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:19 pm

hypercube33 wrote:Finally trying the Compass Deli (highly recommended)

LIES! It doesnt exist. Well we wandered through it once.

I think it would have helped if the forums were easier to find -- we didnt post until the day before the ship set sail since Barge has no forums and 70k doesnt have a link, i had to google since i swore i saw one once. Otherwise, I am sad that I missed the chair mosh pit.

Otherwise you can faceberk me @ https://www.facebook.com/hypercube33 i have posted crap from the cruise in my ferters like Gangnam style metal snorkeling...no comment.

I was amazed to finally see that place open for once. I swear every time I went by during the previous two cruises the deli was closed. Good soups and quesadillas.

Would have been nice for UMC to program the website to bring the Barge forum link straight here instead of saying the Barge forum will be up SOON.

As an idea for meal times: If you have the time, try the Starlight (or Moonlight, I forget which one is used) dining room. Groups are put together at tables randomly. Can be a good way to meet people. Now that you're on the forums, it'll probably be a lot easier next time.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:20 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    hypercube33 wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Strange, there were a lot of new cruisers. Shame you felt that way, I remember meeting a lot of new cruisers. Do you know if we met, by any chance?

I was sitting behind you then. Remember I told you that Rotting Christ were in the back? (haha I like to give random information to people). Damn! had I known you were new forumites I would have said hi more, but I thought as is I was possibly annoying people on the shuttle. I had a bit of a giggly sugar rush at that point :lol:

I remember the looks that the people in front gave us when we stepped on the shuttle with the band :lol: I think it was the "I really hope they aren't on our boat" look.
    hypercube33
    Oiler

by hypercube33 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Shit! I didn't turn around since I had no idea what was going on and dont like barging into conversations :bitch:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:30 pm

hypercube33 wrote:Shit! I didn't turn around since I had no idea what was going on and dont like barging into conversations :bitch:

KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:40 pm

hypercube33 wrote:Shit! I didn't turn around since I had no idea what was going on and dont like barging into conversations :bitch:

Well now we both know :D. See you next time! :deathhorns:
    hypercube33
    Oiler

by hypercube33 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:56 pm

The cruises are wayyy too close to eachother. No way in hell can I go see both. So unfortunately we'll be choosing 70k 2014 as our next metal adventure.
  • Post Reply 2629 posts