Post Reply 2575 posts
The BARGE TO HELL 2012 Megathread
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Don't Miss The Barge!

by vikingbitch » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:09 pm

I had the best time ever. EVER.

Did not want to leave that ship and everyone on it. I want to go back I want to go back I want to go back I want to go back!!!
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:13 pm

vikingbitch wrote:I had the best time ever. EVER.

Did not want to leave that ship and everyone on it. I want to go back I want to go back I want to go back I want to go back!!!

Pretty sure the most immediate solution is to book for 70K 2013 :P
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:14 pm

Samhain wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:I had the best time ever. EVER.

Pretty sure the most immediate solution is to book for 70K 2013 :P

That does sound slightly logical.... :lol:

...practical mind you, though :cry:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Do it!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:18 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Do it!

Its going to be a rough few weeks... :cry:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:19 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

Maybe a cheap cabin will pop up? as has been the case in years past?
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:29 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

Maybe a cheap cabin will pop up? as has been the case in years past?

I'm not sure how well crying works with UMC but it couldn't hurt to try :P
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
  • gajone
    Crewman

by gajone » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:26 pm

mooyagi wrote:As an idea for meal times: If you have the time, try the Starlight (or Moonlight, I forget which one is used) dining room. Groups are put together at tables randomly. Can be a good way to meet people. Now that you're on the forums, it'll probably be a lot easier next time.

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend eating at the Starlight/Moonlight (I can't remember which one it was, either :lol:) dining room for every meal. The food is vastly superior to what they serve everywhere else on the ship, and every time I ate there (whether alone or with the people I made the trip with) everyone I ended up sitting with was extremely friendly and talkative, whether it be band members, crew, or just regular cruise-goers.

Of course this was the case pretty much everywhere else on the ship as well. Elevator rides, in between sets, in the public bathrooms, literally everywhere I was running into very friendly people the entire trip.

I also ran into Andy 2 different times and no matter how busy, stressed, or tired he looked, he would never walk away from the conversation and in fact would stick around and extend the conversation himself even when I stopped asking questions because I didn't want to waste his time! I couldn't believe how friendly that guy was.

I went with 2 other people and didn't know any forum regulars (since I have only posted on here for about a month) and had no problem talking to strangers. I was a first-timer also and didn't know anyone from this forum, and I still thought it was a pretty friendly atmosphere overall so I'm surprised to read about someone who thought the opposite.
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:31 pm

gajone wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:As an idea for meal times: If you have the time, try the Starlight (or Moonlight, I forget which one is used) dining room. Groups are put together at tables randomly. Can be a good way to meet people. Now that you're on the forums, it'll probably be a lot easier next time.

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend eating at the Starlight/Moonlight (I can't remember which one it was, either :lol:) dining room for every meal. The food is vastly superior to what they serve everywhere else on the ship, and every time I ate there (whether alone or with the people I made the trip with) everyone I ended up sitting with was extremely friendly and talkative, whether it be band members, crew, or just regular cruise-goers.

Of course this was the case pretty much everywhere else on the ship as well. Elevator rides, in between sets, in the public bathrooms, literally everywhere I was running into very friendly people the entire trip.

I also ran into Andy 2 different times and no matter how busy, stressed, or tired he looked, he would never walk away from the conversation and in fact would stick around and extend the conversation himself even when I stopped asking questions because I didn't want to waste his time! I couldn't believe how friendly that guy was.

I went with 2 other people and didn't know any forum regulars (since I have only posted on here for about a month) and had no problem talking to strangers. I was a first-timer also and didn't know anyone from this forum, and I still thought it was a pretty friendly atmosphere overall so I'm surprised to read about someone who thought the opposite.

Yes he was very friendly he walked up to me in the hot tub Wednesday and chatted a bit.. I should have grilled him for info...but he just asked me how I was enjoying myself and I told him about the insane crushing I endured during the first night when 2 people fell on me at Kampfar. He apologized and I said to him no worries .. I'm in one piece. :)
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:26 pm

gajone wrote:

Just note that the meal takes a pretty long time. It takes somewhere between 60 and 90 minutes for it. Wasn't really that impressed with the dinner this time as opposed to on 70K but will definitely give it another go on 70K.

Andy definitely was very friendly and talkative on the ship.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:16 pm

mooyagi wrote:The pool deck functioning as a skating rink during Municipal Waste

Hell yeah, that one plus the one during Exodus :D
    I saw that people were filming it, would be funny to see that back.
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:00 pm

I definitely gotta throw out that it was great seeing the old friends, and nice to meet a bunch of 'new' people (i.e. folks I probably should've met on the prior cruises).

Great times were had, lasting memories were made.

Can't wait for the next one.

Cheers folks.
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:16 pm

nekrobarr wrote:Great times were had, lasting memories were made.

I still can't believe you sang karaoke with me for your first time ever. Mucho love Matt, was awesome nerding out with ya!
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:01 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    nekrobarr wrote:Great times were had, lasting memories were made.

I still can't believe you sang karaoke with me for your first time ever. Mucho love Matt, was awesome nerding out with ya!

It was definitely a natural 20! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:54 pm

nekrobarr wrote:I definitely gotta throw out that it was great seeing the old friends, and nice to meet a bunch of 'new' people (i.e. folks I probably should've met on the prior cruises).

Great times were had, lasting memories were made.

Can't wait for the next one.

Cheers folks.

Glad I got to meet you... hope to meet more on the next one And It's my Bday the 28th WOOO buy me drinks :viking: :bangers: :smoking: :bmhorns:
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Thank You, Undead Sailors!

by Andy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Thank you to all of you undead sailors hailing from 44 countries around the globe for making the inaugural BARGE TO HELL cruise become reality! Thank you very much to everyone from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Liechtenstein, Mexico, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vanuatu and Venezuela for sailing with us on The World's Most Extreme Metal Cruise!

We're working hard on plans for a future departure of BARGE TO HELL. Please keep your eyes open for more details. In the meantime, how do you feel about starting next year in style? Check out 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise at: http://www.70000tons.com

Cheers!

Your Skipper and the entire BARGE TO HELL crew
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

Re: Thank You, Undead Sailors!

by KDibildeaux » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:35 pm

Thanks Andy! I had so much fun! Thanks for putting it together and taking some time to chat with us. Btw, you can go ahead and book Anathema now ;)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:37 pm

So which country did he leave out this time? :lol:

Thanks again, Skipper! Barge was a great time and looking forward to 70K in January. :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Not sure how UMC did it, but had the best time of all 3 cruises this venture (beating the 1st time experience, then the My Dying Bride importance)

I just hope we don't have to wait a full 2 years for the next Barge. I'm thinking March/April 2014 is an acceptable wait :mrgreen:

And on that note, see my wish list. Almost all of those bands are aware of the cruise due to my constant pestering :lol:

(Hey, squeaky wheel gets the oil. Works in my marriage, so why not metal cruises) :death:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

Re: The BARGE TO HELL Is Coming!

by DemonNIN » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:42 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:will we be sharing Forums?

I hope they split the forums up.

Then I would have to start all over again. It took me forever to get to this post count LOL
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Andy please book Within Temptation.... Some more industrial bands too would be greatly appreciated.. or even a complete industrial cruise.. not that half assed "goth" one
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Who the hell was on broad from Vanuatu?

We can probably find 'em, there's like 2000 people in that country. . .
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks Andy and crew for another awesome cruise. :D

See you in January! :headbanger:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2024 - Deck 7
    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Angel.Dust-/-Angra-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Conception-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Helloween-/-In.Extremo-/-Kamelot-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Riot.V-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Serenity-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Twilight.Force-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warkings-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wintersun-/-Zebra
  • torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Thank you Skipper!
    To Hell and back... and I'll do it all over again :beerbang:
    I had a blast on the Barge and looking forward to the next one! 70k here we go :belly:
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
  • gajone
    Crewman

by gajone » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:53 am

KevinP wrote:Not sure how UMC did it, but had the best time of all 3 cruises this venture (beating the 1st time experience, then the My Dying Bride importance)

I just hope we don't have to wait a full 2 years for the next Barge. I'm thinking March/April 2014 is an acceptable wait :mrgreen:

And on that note, see my wish list. Almost all of those bands are aware of the cruise due to my constant pestering :lol:

(Hey, squeaky wheel gets the oil. Works in my marriage, so why not metal cruises) :death:

You probably know this, but on the slight off-chance that you don't, I'll tell you anyway. We talked to Monstrosity during the last night of the cruise and asked them how they got booked, and they said they heard about the cruise from talking to another band and then contacted UMC themselves and asked to be on the bill. So if those bands want on, make sure they call and ask! I see quotes from bands all the time that say "we would do it if they asked us to", but who knows how many of those bands actually request to be on it!

It never hurts to ask!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:53 am

gajone wrote:It never hurts to ask!

So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:17 pm

torpedo20 wrote:Thank you Skipper!
    To Hell and back... and I'll do it all over again :beerbang:
    I had a blast on the Barge and looking forward to the next one! 70k here we go :belly:

I can't wait! I have never in my life looked forward to a birthday. I'm older but this will be the most fun I ever had on a bday. :viking:
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:18 pm

My birthday is the 29th also.

Birthday twins?!?!? Can I get Tyr to wish me Happy Birthday?! Hmm. . . . . . . .
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:13 pm

After 70K I thought nothing was going to bet the ultimate vacation experience but Barge to Hell exceeded all my expectations.
    Thank you Andy & Crew.
    I really appreciate you had time to chat & make jokes everytime we crossed out paths on the boat :3drunks:

Barge was even better & crazier than 70K. Bands shows were awesome, so much that for the first time in my life I did not care about taking photos. I had a blast, time of my life.
    Met all crazy & awesome people that will stay in my hart forever.
    Thank you: Kevin, Laura, Marlo, John C., David S., Birgit, Steven C., Rhia and others whose names I forgot :oops: Thank you my friends "family": Doc" + Kasia.
    I also enjoyed meeting newbies, hoping you would feel welcome and appreciated.
    I really hope we all can see each other at the next Barge to Hell.

Pics from beach party, forum meet-up etc will follow as soon as I sort them out.
    This week has just been chaotic/crazy/exhausted (cross what does not apply) I am behind my schedule but I am happy :viking: :viking: :viking:

cheers
    M.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Mal2000 wrote:After 70K I thought nothing was going to bet the ultimate vacation experience but Barge to Hell exceeded all my expectations.
    Thank you Andy & Crew.
    I really appreciate you had time to chat & make jokes everytime we crossed out paths on the boat :3drunks:

Barge was even better & crazier than 70K. Bands shows were awesome, so much that for the first time in my life I did not care about taking photos. I had a blast, time of my life.
    Thank you: Kevin, Laura, Marlo, John C., David S., Birgit, Steven C., Rhia and others whose names I forgot :oops: Thank you my friends "family": Doc" + Kasia.

Pics from beach party, forum meet-up etc will follow as soon as I sort them out.
    This week has just been chaotic/crazy/exhausted (cross what does not apply) I am behind my schedule but I am happy :viking: :viking: :viking:

cheers
    M.

Had a great time hanging with you too Mal! See you on the next Barge!!!

:beerbang: :beerbang:
    13 time survivor
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Mal2000 wrote:After 70K I thought nothing was going to bet the ultimate vacation experience but Barge to Hell exceeded all my expectations.
    Thank you Andy & Crew.

cheers
    M.

It was nice seeing you very briefly in the Windjammer :heavydrink:
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:23 pm

Again Andy asks you to check out 70K, "The World's Biggest Heavy Metal cruise"!
    Andy why not get your back side in gear and make it the World's BEST Heavy Metal cruise?
    Cuz Bigger isn't always Better!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Anka
    Petty Officer

by Anka » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:22 pm

I had a great time and i miss all the awesome people there. And the chocolate pudding.

That being said i am even more sad to know i won't be able to make it to a cruise very soon (financial reasons, i gave it all for this Barge :lol: i mean ALL) - and obviously not having my favorite bands on board was a bummer, one didn't get booked and one cancelled fml :lol: but the people around made up for everything. And i loved it wasn't as crowded as 70k: For the first time i was actually in the mosh pits and i did some drunken karaoke.

It will take me a while to repair the hole in the budget and maybe get a better paid job but until then, hope to see awesome pics from 70k and hear awesome stories, cause im a weenie like that and still like power metal too. And hopefully see some of you guys around, at other festivals that cost less or maybe if you come to Vancouver, give me a shout. We'll party!

:givebeer:

PS: Andy book Obscura for one of the upcoming cruises, they would love to play the cruise and they are serious guys. :beerwink:
    No band request signature. Surprise me!
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:15 pm

We'll let you know when we visit Vancouver :D
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:57 am

gajone wrote:You probably know this, but on the slight off-chance that you don't, I'll tell you anyway. We talked to Monstrosity during the last night of the cruise and asked them how they got booked, and they said they heard about the cruise from talking to another band and then contacted UMC themselves and asked to be on the bill. So if those bands want on, make sure they call and ask! I see quotes from bands all the time that say "we would do it if they asked us to", but who knows how many of those bands actually request to be on it!

It never hurts to ask!

No, I didn't know this (about Monstrosity). I've pestered bands enough into contacting UMC though. So unless they are absolutely lying to me (LOL), I've got that angle covered :lol: There are also bands who are of the mindset that "if you ask, you lose any negotiating power". I get that point as well (though I'm not happy about it) :beerwink:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:58 am

And I'm ready for this "Street Team" thing. I'm sure I can annoy a few people into booking the cruise :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:21 am

KevinP wrote:And I'm ready for this "Street Team" thing. I'm sure I can annoy a few people into booking the cruise :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hear! Hear!

I've mentioned a couple times to the UMC crew that they should be handing out homework assignments or something to those of us willing to help promote the cruise. I'd bet cash money Kevin could sell a few cabins! No doubt!
    13 time survivor
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:53 am

Thank YOU, Andy and UMC!!! BEST VACATION EVER!!!

So good to see everyone as well. I think that's the best part. And fun to meet the new people! Loved those two Austrian guys!

If I had the vacation time, I would do 70,000 Tons of Metal, too. I have to save some time to see my family in Wyoming & Colorado as well.

LOVE YOU FORUMITES, MAN!!!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:30 am

stoverkill wrote:
    KevinP wrote:And I'm ready for this "Street Team" thing. I'm sure I can annoy a few people into booking the cruise :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hear! Hear!

I've mentioned a couple times to the UMC crew that they should be handing out homework assignments or something to those of us willing to help promote the cruise. I'd bet cash money Kevin could sell a few cabins! No doubt!

I wouldn't even require a discount, just a pick of my always high quality bands selections:

The 11th Hour
    KRUX
    ZOMBIE INC.
    The Devil's Blood
    My Dying Bride

(All those bands are playing on the same lineup today at Eindhoven Metal Meeting.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:43 am

Anka wrote:I had a great time and i miss all the awesome people there. And the chocolate pudding.

That being said i am even more sad to know i won't be able to make it to a cruise very soon (financial reasons, i gave it all for this Barge :lol: i mean ALL) - and obviously not having my favorite bands on board was a bummer, one didn't get booked and one cancelled fml :lol: but the people around made up for everything. And i loved it wasn't as crowded as 70k: For the first time i was actually in the mosh pits and i did some drunken karaoke.

It will take me a while to repair the hole in the budget and maybe get a better paid job but until then, hope to see awesome pics from 70k and hear awesome stories, cause im a weenie like that and still like power metal too. And hopefully see some of you guys around, at other festivals that cost less or maybe if you come to Vancouver, give me a shout. We'll party!

:givebeer:

PS: Andy book Obscura for one of the upcoming cruises, they would love to play the cruise and they are serious guys. :beerwink:

Hey Anka, thank you for the lovely dance ;) :deathmetal:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
Post Reply 2575 posts