Post Reply 2615 posts
The BARGE TO HELL 2012 Megathread
  • Metalwrath

Re: The BARGE TO HELL Is Coming!

by Metalwrath » Fri May 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Garminator wrote:BOOK THESE GUYS FOR BARGE TO HELL!!!

I agree.
    One of the best new Death metal bands going.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri May 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Behemoth i've always wanted to see.
    As for Napalm Death they are complete overated garbage.Although i am curious to talk to the singer and ask him about something about a friend of mine (long story)
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Fri May 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:another bullet dodged for 70k! yay!

:lol:
    Now let's get Arkona on Barge too! :D

Seriously though, ND is a great live band, but I've seen them more than ten times over the years, and will see again this summer at Metalcamp and Tuska. So while I'm happy for those who want to see them, I'm not that excited myself. The same with Behemoth, seen them so many times already.

Arkona is on my wishlist for BTH. Even though I just saw them earlier this year...March? wow I have a bad memory :oops:
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Fri May 04, 2012 4:19 pm

Laura wrote:Upfront statement: I have no interest or intention in getting in any kind of a protracted pissing contest with anyone on what they consider the definition of "extreme metal" to be. :lol: :lol: ..but in my view... the embodiment of the term is this *ONE* man (and his band/music) :mrgreen: Still can't believe they will be on Barge!

I am SOOO looking forward to Behemoth. Seeing as I can now save $300 from going to the MD show this weekend. More BTH drinking money :givebeer:
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Fri May 04, 2012 5:45 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Behemoth i've always wanted to see.
    As for Napalm Death they are complete overated garbage.Although i am curious to talk to the singer and ask him about something about a friend of mine (long story)

Being old enough to remember seeing them in their prime, Harmony Corruption is a classic album for those of us who partook of the death/grindcore scene back then. Certainly not favorites of mine now but overrated is a bit harsh, the choices were few back then and these guys were great. Perhaps they will play a few of the old tunes. Oh, and that was Nocturnus on the ticket also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw_Ob9Wye18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeEnSqaoQuk

Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri May 04, 2012 11:40 pm

DemonNIN wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:another bullet dodged for 70k! yay!

:lol:
    Now let's get Arkona on Barge too! :D

Arkona is on my wishlist for BTH. Even though I just saw them earlier this year...March? wow I have a bad memory :oops:

I only support Arkona being onbroad the Barge so that they wouldn't be on 70k. If I end up going to Barge too, well, they'd better cancel Arkona.
    But atm, yes, Arkona and Slayer for Barge! Oh, and Megadeth! And all the folk metal bands! :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat May 05, 2012 8:11 am

Memnoch wrote:I only support Arkona being onbroad the Barge so that they wouldn't be on 70k. If I end up going to Barge too, well, they'd better cancel Arkona.
    But atm, yes, Arkona and Slayer for Barge! Oh, and Megadeth! And all the folk metal bands! :lol:

I should get around to updating my signature
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat May 05, 2012 8:41 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:I only support Arkona being onbroad the Barge so that they wouldn't be on 70k. If I end up going to Barge too, well, they'd better cancel Arkona.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun May 06, 2012 9:18 am

As this cruise continues to get more and more awesome with each announcement, I find myself wondering how I'm going to manage all the headbanging my neck and head will endure! I thought of the perfect idea... UMC are you listening?

Instead of that 100 dollar Spa thing, they should have a 100 dollar neck massage setup for the whole cruise. I'll easily pay 100 bucks for one 10-20 minute neck message each day of the Cruise. Bangovers be damned!

Or I'll just deal without neck massages like this year, ha.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sun May 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Warphine wrote:As this cruise continues to get more and more awesome with each announcement, I find myself wondering how I'm going to manage all the headbanging my neck and head will endure! I thought of the perfect idea... UMC are you listening?

Instead of that 100 dollar Spa thing, they should have a 100 dollar neck massage setup for the whole cruise. I'll easily pay 100 bucks for one 10-20 minute neck message each day of the Cruise. Bangovers be damned!

They have a spa onbroad where they do provide massages
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun May 06, 2012 2:31 pm

stoverkill wrote:
    Warphine wrote:As this cruise continues to get more and more awesome with each announcement, I find myself wondering how I'm going to manage all the headbanging my neck and head will endure! I thought of the perfect idea... UMC are you listening?

They have a spa onbroad where they do provide massages

Cool, for some reason I saw that 100 dollar package deal (full spa treatment) listed in the flyer and thought that was all they offered. I guess I'll have to check just the massage out so I can do more of this :headbanger:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sun May 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Warphine wrote:
    stoverkill wrote:They have a spa onbroad where they do provide massages

Cool, for some reason I saw that 100 dollar package deal (full spa treatment) listed in the flyer and thought that was all they offered. I guess I'll have to check just the massage out so I can do more of this :headbanger:

I'm pretty sure they offer more than just that 100 total package deal, but I'm not the expert...... check with Carrie.. metal goddess :)
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun May 06, 2012 6:29 pm

stoverkill wrote:I'm pretty sure they offer more than just that 100 total package deal, but I'm not the expert...... check with Carrie.. metal goddess :)

If I'm not mistaken, my cabinmates Rachael and Marlo had a metal spa morning last trip too. I think there's a whole menu of options/packages you can order. Would be cool if they put together a special Headbangers in Hell menu just for Barge though :twisted:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun May 06, 2012 10:29 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    stoverkill wrote:I'm pretty sure they offer more than just that 100 total package deal, but I'm not the expert...... check with Carrie.. metal goddess :)

If I'm not mistaken, my cabinmates Rachael and Marlo had a metal spa morning last trip too. I think there's a whole menu of options/packages you can order. Would be cool if they put together a special Headbangers in Hell menu just for Barge though :twisted:

That was the smartest thing I did all week. Rachael and I went on the Thursday morning, even though I quite literally passed out about 5 minutes into the massage and was woken up when it was done :lol: I felt fantastic afterwards and felt like I could properly enjoy the last day of shows without worrying about my neck or being distracted by any pain from it. Fantastic and highly recommended. They had a few different types of massages that you could get, Rachael and I went with a package deal where they had a list of about 10ish things you could choose from for $120 - we both went for the back massage, the scalp massage and the foot massage (the foot one was genius as well for getting through the day).

I wish Rachael was going on Barge. I don't have a spa buddy anymore :cry:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon May 07, 2012 12:56 pm

i really meant to go to the spa last time. never made it, but plan on it for BTH
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon May 07, 2012 7:53 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

That was the smartest thing I did all week. Rachael and I went on the Thursday morning, even though I quite literally passed out about 5 minutes into the massage and was woken up when it was done :lol: I felt fantastic afterwards and felt like I could properly enjoy the last day of shows without worrying about my neck or being distracted by any pain from it. Fantastic and highly recommended. They had a few different types of massages that you could get, Rachael and I went with a package deal where they had a list of about 10ish things you could choose from for $120 - we both went for the back massage, the scalp massage and the foot massage (the foot one was genius as well for getting through the day).

i could *try* to get up early for spa time!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Tue May 08, 2012 12:56 am

Stay up you mean? ;)
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Tuup wrote:Stay up you mean? ;)

haha - epic :wank:

From the line up, looks like BTH will be around the clock for me and need to catch up with Adam - finally
    So happy Behemoth will be on board
    Is it December already?????????
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue May 08, 2012 5:22 pm

rhia-
    yeah go after all night metal karaokee and breakfast buffet bacon carnage . :twisted:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Wed May 09, 2012 6:19 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

If I could scrounge up the money and pull myself away from the bacon I'll go
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu May 10, 2012 10:27 am

DemonNIN wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

Schwing :deathmetal: depending on functionality in the morning that means I could get you or Rhia or both as spa buddies? Hell yeah!
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu May 10, 2012 10:54 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    DemonNIN wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

Schwing :deathmetal: depending on functionality in the morning that means I could get you or Rhia or both as spa buddies? Hell yeah!

sounds like a good potential plan! :viking:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu May 10, 2012 12:27 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    DemonNIN wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

Definitely perverse :shock: :lol: :shock:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:34 pm

mooyagi wrote:Here's what I've got for the pricing sections:

Type / Double / Triple / Quad
    Interior N / 53 / 15 / 35
    Interior M / 44 / 20 / 19
    Interior L / 52 / 18 / 12
    Interior K / 123 / 10 / 25
    Ocean View I / 76 / 22 / 4
    Ocean View H / 104 / 8 / 10
    Ocean View G / 88 / 6 / 4
    Ocean View F3 / 54 / 0 / 0
    Ocean View F2 / 166 / 0 / 0
    Ocean View F1 6 / 20 / 18
    Superior SO / 84 / 0 / 0

Junior Suite JS / 50
    Grand Suite GS / 8

Total Cabins: 1154
    Number Sold Out: 115

Maximum Number of Cabins Remaining: 1039

No more movement on the sales - think they may need to bring out a few more heavy-hitting announcements to jump-start sales a bit!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021(?) 2022(??) Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 10, 2012 4:40 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Here's what I've got for the pricing sections:

Type / Double / Triple / Quad
    Interior N / 53 / 15 / 35
    Interior M / 44 / 20 / 19
    Interior L / 52 / 18 / 12
    Interior K / 123 / 10 / 25
    Ocean View I / 76 / 22 / 4
    Ocean View H / 104 / 8 / 10
    Ocean View G / 88 / 6 / 4
    Ocean View F3 / 54 / 0 / 0
    Ocean View F2 / 166 / 0 / 0
    Ocean View F1 6 / 20 / 18
    Superior SO / 84 / 0 / 0

Junior Suite JS / 50
    Grand Suite GS / 8

Total Cabins: 1154
    Number Sold Out: 115

Maximum Number of Cabins Remaining: 1039

No more movement on the sales - think they may need to bring out a few more heavy-hitting announcements to jump-start sales a bit!

Yeah that has me worried. Hopefully many of those sections are almost sold out. Where were we at this point into sales last year?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 10, 2012 6:16 pm

For future reference, the 'wild guess' thread where we discussed this throughout the lead up to 2012 can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1499

To allow for an accurate comparison, as we are currently 206 days out from sailing of the BTH, a similar amount of days from sailing of 70k 2012 would be roughly 1 July 2011.

At that date, the figures were:
    SOLD OUT CATEGORIES
    Interior N - 103
    Interior M - 83
    Interior L - 81
    Interior K (Triple, Quad) - 32
    Ocean View I - 98
    Ocean View H (Triple,Quad) - 18
    Ocean View G (Quad) - 4
    Ocean View F (Quad) - 16
    ALL Grand Suites Deck 10 - 8

Total - 443

NON SOLD OUT CATEGORIES
    Interior K - 123 (double)
    Ocean View H - 104 (104 double)
    Ocean View G - 94 (88 double, 6 triple)
    Ocean View F - 246 (226 double, 20 triple)
    Superior SO - 84
    Junior Suite JS - 50

Total - 701

So sales are quite a bit behind by comparison.

Statsman out.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri May 11, 2012 8:45 am

mooyagi wrote:Yeah that has me worried. Hopefully many of those sections are almost sold out. Where were we at this point into sales last year?

I was actually wondering that when they first mentioned barge. I was wondering how sales would be compared to 70k and so far its about where I thought it would be. Sold out cabins are probably from 70k people, kind of like how 2012 was sold out of almost everything even before public booking.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri May 11, 2012 9:04 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Yeah that has me worried. Hopefully many of those sections are almost sold out. Where were we at this point into sales last year?

I was actually wondering that when they first mentioned barge. I was wondering how sales would be compared to 70k and so far its about where I thought it would be. Sold out cabins are probably from 70k people, kind of like how 2012 was sold out of almost everything even before public booking.

I'm also holding out hope that a large chunk of people are just waiting for info on 70K and then will decide between the two cruises.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri May 11, 2012 2:49 pm

gnoff wrote:I'm guessing that would be a bunch of people indeed

I hope thats true. I would hate to see one cruise do really well and one tank haha
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri May 11, 2012 5:59 pm

But you have to remember a few things with Barge:

This will be the 3rd cruise for some people, natural attrition is going to take affect, same with 70K next year. Not everyone can do this year in year out.

Barge has a narrower audience which might make it harder to sell out or as fast

Over a month earlier and same colander year as last one

Fence sitters waiting on 70K info before deciding

Don't be totally surprised if 70K doesn't go nearly as fast 2012 did. We were all coming off a high at that time and would do anything to replicate the experience.

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:34 am

Those numbers are not bad.

Those 4 sold out categories represent not just 168 cabins, but also 414 people. Thats roughly 20% of the tickets purely in sold out categories.

So while not selling as quick as 70k, sales are still good.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue May 15, 2012 4:40 am

It's almost a crying shame that

hasn't been announced yet. It seems so obvious that they should be a part of this :cry: :cry: :cry:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue May 15, 2012 7:03 am

KevinP wrote:It's almost a crying shame that

hasn't been announced yet. It seems so obvious that they should be a part of this :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nope, 2 of them are smiling. Not brutal enough.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue May 15, 2012 8:01 am

More sold out categories = Moar Better! :beerbang:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue May 15, 2012 8:02 am

Stained Class wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue May 15, 2012 10:14 am

yes, Immolation are a good idea for Barge.... they're one of the more respectable american death metal bands, and it'd be another worthy band for Barge that wouldn't be using a slot on 70k
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Tue May 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Bwahaha! Book 'em anyway. :heavydrink:
    I made the Devil do it.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue May 15, 2012 4:08 pm

The two original members are smiling, the newer guys haven't learned yet I suppose :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue May 15, 2012 7:04 pm

gnoff wrote:I wonder how they do with bands and stuff, if they save a minimum number of cabin places, then give the remainder to the bands, or if they are already set which kind of cabins are reserved to bands and those are included in our sold out categiories?

Andy, tell us hwo you work this, we are getting restless again!

haha

I'm assuming they have a set number for that beforehand
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Anka
    Petty Officer

by Anka » Wed May 16, 2012 8:25 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    gnoff wrote:I wonder how they do with bands and stuff, if they save a minimum number of cabin places, then give the remainder to the bands, or if they are already set which kind of cabins are reserved to bands and those are included in our sold out categiories?

Andy, tell us hwo you work this, we are getting restless again!

haha

I'm assuming they have a set number for that beforehand

If they "accidentally" book more bands then available cabins, i can have a band in MY cabin no problem, i'll sleep in the shower :D anything for another good announcement :lol:
    No band request signature. Surprise me!
  • Post Reply 2615 posts