Post Reply 814 posts
Barge To Hell/70K 2013 Rumours Thread
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

Re: Barge To Hell/70K 2013 Rumours Thread

by KDibildeaux » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:40 am

KevinP wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Hah, but neither one lives here anymore ;). But yeah, I'll keep wet and giggly mooyagi all to myself ;)

But the POINT of the damn joke was that that would DISGUST even you (har, har) and nothing to do with if they live her anymore.

Note to self: keep it simple, REAL simple for the half gringa :lol: :P :lol:

More like it made no sense :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:46 am

KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:That was a total joke fail, Kevin :lol: Please provide us only with A- material and above.

So what you are saying is that you've been brought down to her mentally already? Good to know :heavydrink:

I told you. A- or above :mrgreen:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:37 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:That Brings back Memories of seeing them play on the Whoracle tour in '98 at Dynamo Open Air.

I love the Lunar Strain release.

Also of note, the band Ceremonial Oath - Carpet LP KILLS

i have the carpet album on CD costed 70 bucks id pay 200 if i could find a bran new vinyl of it
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:57 am

Stained Class wrote:
    gnoff wrote:
    Rab wrote:Not so much a rumor but i was with In Flames on tuesday and Bjorn told me they really really want to do it

First show = First album
    Second show = second album

approved

I'd be alright with 2nd and 3rd too.

I liked their stuff up to, and including Clayman (4th album)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:58 am

Inquisitor wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:
    gnoff wrote:

First show = First album

approved

first 3 disks are where it's at! lost me at Clayman ...but then again haven't heard it in a while.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:28 am

Inquisitor wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:
    gnoff wrote:First show = First album

approved

Lunar Strain (lp)
    Subterranean (ep)
    Jester Race (lp)
    Black Ash Inheritence (ep)
    Whoracle (lp)
    Colony (lp)
    Clayman (lp)

even ignoring the eps, that still adds up to 5

I personally liked them up to and including Reroute To Remain... though I can appreciate why some people don't like RtR... but Soundtrack was absolutely the shittiest... when a buddy at the label sent me advance tracks from it I thought he had jokingly sent me korn songs... then I found out those were the actual In Flames songs, and I nearly cried
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:37 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:Lunar Strain (lp)
    Subterranean (ep)
    Jester Race (lp)
    Whoracle (lp)
    Colony (lp)
    Clayman (lp)

I personally liked them up to and including Reroute To Remain... though I can appreciate why some people don't like RtR... but Soundtrack was absolutely the shittiest... when a buddy at the label sent me advance tracks from it I thought he had jokingly sent me korn songs... then I found out those were the actual In Flames songs, and I nearly cried

Well look at you go Mr. Metalpedia.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:03 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I liked their stuff up to, and including Clayman (4th album)
    Lunar Strain (lp)
    Subterranean (ep)
    Jester Race (lp)
    Whoracle (lp)
    Colony (lp)
    Clayman (lp)

Soundtrack is my favorite of their albums... :oops:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:07 pm

In Flames is a interesting band for me.

I worship everything up to and including Clayman. Colony was my gateway into Swedish metal.

Reroute was fucking horrible, but that's when they broke out in the U.S. and I got to see them a shitload of times. Soundtrack was also bad but not as shocking as Reroute. I thought Come Clarity was great, but A Sense of Purpose was their worst album. The new one Deliver Us is OK. Like a solid 6. I'm so used to their post Clayman work that I can rock out to Reroute and Soundtrack at this point. They are one of those kinds of bands where I basically know every song they could possibly play live even though I don't really like 35% of the overall material. That's pretty tough to accomplish actually.

If they said something like "Set 1 = Jester Race through Clayman and Set 2 = everything after Clayman" I would buy a ticket today just for the set 1. That material is really important to me.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm glad I got to see them on the Colony tour (1st U.S. tour) and a bunch of times before Soundtrack came out... but that cd made me actively detest them and I will never see them ever again no matter what... same as Metallica... and actually I'm pretty sure Megadeth is also in that boat at this point.
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:09 pm

I don't think I detest any bands that I used to like. Maybe Metallica. I worship Megadeth (although that's getting REALLY HARD TO DO). I generally stick with bands that have made years of mistakes (Paradise Lost, Tiamat, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Fear Factory, Machine Head, In Flames, Soilwork, Evergrey, Pain of Salvation etc.....) I'm just one of those fans I guess. Most of those bands bounce back at some point.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:16 pm

rwalters wrote:I don't think I detest any bands that I used to like. Maybe Metallica. I worship Megadeth (although that's getting REALLY HARD TO DO). I generally stick with bands that have made years of mistakes (Paradise Lost, Tiamat, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Fear Factory, Machine Head, In Flames, Soilwork, Evergrey, Pain of Salvation etc.....) I'm just one of those fans I guess. Most of those bands bounce back at some point.

queensryche hasn't..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:23 pm

I think we should add ANY and ALL bands that anyone heard being played on the onbroad music system over the course of this year's trip. I know that both Kevin and Rachael heard some of their fave bands being played and believed Andy was choosing the playlist for a very specific reason and, without ACTUALLY doing so, he came very close to confirming as much when asked about it by a group of us on the final morning on our way into port.

To that end, I'd like to say I heard a LOT of Armored Saint played in that glorious week :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:28 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I think we should add ANY and ALL bands that anyone heard being played on the onbroad music system over the course of this year's trip. I know that both Kevin and Rachael heard some of their fave bands being played and believed Andy was choosing the playlist for a very specific reason and, without ACTUALLY doing so, he came very close to confirming as much when asked about it by a group of us on the final morning on our way into port.

To that end, I'd like to say I heard a LOT of Armored Saint played in that glorious week :shred:

my 3 hours in line for merch had Fear Factory's "Obsolete" on repeat...
    I was annoyed

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:01 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:I think we should add ANY and ALL bands that anyone heard being played on the onbroad music system over the course of this year's trip. I know that both Kevin and Rachael heard some of their fave bands being played and believed Andy was choosing the playlist for a very specific reason and, without ACTUALLY doing so, he came very close to confirming as much when asked about it by a group of us on the final morning on our way into port.

I was annoyed

That's why you do what I did. Find someone you know in the front of the line who owes you a favor or have them pick you up an extra shirt and just pay for it in drinks later.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:24 am

Armored Saint would be so awesome. What a great live band. :headbanger:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 am

Inquisitor wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

I was annoyed

That's why you do what I did. Find someone you know in the front of the line who owes you a favor or have them pick you up an extra shirt and just pay for it in drinks later.

Or go when the hype has died down and there is no line :mrgreen:
    Last edited by KDibildeaux on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:39 am

Wizard,

Absolutely right on Queensryche........t.. Anything past Promised Land I just can't really do...... Some people can't even make it to Promised Land.

I'm pretty sure Soilwork is completely done too.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:43 am

rwalters wrote:Wizard,

Absolutely right on Queensryche........t.. Anything past Promised Land I just can't really do...... Some people can't even make it to Promised Land.

yeah i also go up to and include Promised Land. though that album is hit and miss - i skip tracks like Bridge - yuck. however the title track and I Am I and Damaged are all pretty good - like Out of Mind too....
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:45 am

Definitely gotta add Soilwork to that list. Completely agree with you on that.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:40 pm

mooyagi wrote:

yeah, I can barely even tolerate Predator's Portrait, but everything after that is just tripe.
    I also add Arch Enemy to the list... everything after Wages Of Sin is crap... heck, if Angela had been part of the writing process for that album it'd probably suck too

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:59 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

yeah, I can barely even tolerate Predator's Portrait, but everything after that is just tripe.
    I also add Arch Enemy to the list... everything after Wages Of Sin is crap... heck, if Angela had been part of the writing process for that album it'd probably suck too

i'm not a soilwork basher, sorry! fan of most of their stuff.

however arch enemy with angela = not a fan. she seems cool and all but i don't care for her vox. sort of ruined that band when she got involved.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:17 pm

Like Rhia, I like a few songs off Promised Land. Apparently not enough though to have prevented me from falling asleep at the show on the Promised Land tour. Sadly, no alcohol was involved. :(

Agree on Soilwork also.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:17 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    rwalters wrote:I don't think I detest any bands that I used to like. Maybe Metallica. I worship Megadeth (although that's getting REALLY HARD TO DO). I generally stick with bands that have made years of mistakes (Paradise Lost, Tiamat, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Fear Factory, Machine Head, In Flames, Soilwork, Evergrey, Pain of Salvation etc.....) I'm just one of those fans I guess. Most of those bands bounce back at some point.

queensryche hasn't..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Such a shame that it took until 2006 for Queensryche to tour Australia, and they were looooong past their used by date. Was still awesome to hear Mindcrime songs live, but not as awesome as it would have been 20 years ago.

I gave Mindcrime 2 a chance, and thought it was okay. I think the fact that it was the sequel to one of my top 10 favourite albums kinda impacted heavily upon how I felt about it.

On the one hand, if it WASN'T the sequel to Mindcrime I probably would have liked it more, on the other hand as their output has been shite for so long I probably would have then ignored its release completely :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:23 am

Saw Into Eternity tonight debuting their new (female) singer. Their vocal ensemble made me completely forget Stu. Phenomenal, actually. They'd be a great and presumably cheap snag for the cruise.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:45 am

cowbow71 wrote:Such a shame that it took until 2006 for Queensryche to tour Australia, and they were looooong past their used by date. Was still awesome to hear Mindcrime songs live, but not as awesome as it would have been 20 years ago.

Was my 1st major concert, Queensrych, on the Mindcrime tour, opened for Metallica in '89
    I can also say that was the only time i went to Metallica
    I was at another Queensrych show but missed their entire set waiting in line to buy a beer.
    That would have been Maidens Brave New World tour
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:53 am

Hmm, me thinks Obi is a "shoe in". Hope they do a special "Slowly" set :shock: ;) :shock:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:30 pm

According to a post made on the 70k photo group on Facebook, Robb Flynn of Machinehead confirmed that they and Opeth are going to be on Barge.

BTH
    Kataklysm
    Machinehead ( 'confirmed' by Robb Flynn)
    From the list "leaked" in October we had:
    Amon Amarth
    Testament
    Opeth (also 'confirmed' by Robb Flynn of Machinehead)
    Immortal
    Anthrax
    Dimmu Borgir
    Behemoth
    Obituary

70K 2013
    Primal Fear
    Symphony X
    Turisas
    Volbeat
    Sirenia
    Pentagram
    Helstar

Either
    Kreator
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:40 pm

cowboy71 wrote:According to a post made on the 70k photo group on Facebook, Robb Flynn of Machinehead confirmed that they and Opeth are going to be on Barge.

BTH
    Kataklysm
    Machinehead ( 'confirmed' by Robb Flynn)
    From the list "leaked" in October we had:
    Amon Amarth
    Testament
    Opeth (also 'confirmed' by Robb Flynn of Machinehead)
    Immortal
    Anthrax
    Dimmu Borgir
    Behemoth
    Obituary

70K 2013
    Primal Fear
    Symphony X
    Turisas
    Volbeat
    Sirenia
    Pentagram
    Helstar

Either
    Kreator

Really? I hope this rumor is true Machine Head!!!! AND Opeth wow :bangers: :shred: I'm going to be 10x as drunk as last month :deathhorns:
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:07 am

Alright well who do we got for that?

Armored Saint
    Fear Factory
    Madder Mortem
    Artillery
    Heathen
    Animals As Leaders

Who else?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:36 am

Stained Class wrote:

Armored Saint
    Fear Factory
    Madder Mortem
    Artillery
    Heathen
    Animals As Leaders

Who else?

Unexpect and Symphony X!!! :headbanger:

As for the potential for Machine Head and Opeth, don't like Machine Head and Opeth would depend on their setlist. I'm most likely not going on Barge anyways :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:40 am

I want Opeth on 70K! Nowadays they seem for fitting for 70K anywyas
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:58 am

alex_canada wrote:Saw Into Eternity tonight debuting their new (female) singer. Their vocal ensemble made me completely forget Stu. Phenomenal, actually. They'd be a great and presumably cheap snag for the cruise.

I'll have to check it out myself. For some reason I can't picture her doing anything but thrash.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:59 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Armored Saint
    Fear Factory
    Madder Mortem
    Artillery
    Heathen
    Animals As Leaders

Who else?

Unexpect and Symphony X!!! :headbanger:

As for the potential for Machine Head and Opeth, don't like Machine Head and Opeth would depend on their setlist. I'm most likely not going on Barge anyways :lol:

Unexpect added ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:23 pm

on the music heard on the onbroad sound system, I heard Opeth and Psycroptic

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:01 pm

It sure seemed like they had The Fathomless Mastery by Bloodbath on repeat for most of the trip. Not complaining.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Steve110 wrote:It sure seemed like they had The Fathomless Mastery by Bloodbath on repeat for most of the trip. Not complaining.

yeah I think I heard that a few times as well.

I think the real key to know they are "listening" to what people want is the obscure bands. Bloodbath and Opeth are hardly bands that fly under the radar, so you could naturally expect them to be played regardless of wishlists (nor do I think what was being played had any connection to future bands booked).
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:29 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Steve110 wrote:It sure seemed like they had The Fathomless Mastery by Bloodbath on repeat for most of the trip. Not complaining.

I think the real key to know they are "listening" to what people want is the obscure bands. Bloodbath and Opeth are hardly bands that fly under the radar, so you could naturally expect them to be played regardless of wishlists (nor do I think what was being played had any connection to future bands booked).

I'll add it anyways :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:57 pm

KevinP wrote:

I didn't really pay much attention to what was being played :oops:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:58 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

I didn't really pay much attention to what was being played :oops:

COME ON KATE. THIS IS SERIOUS BIZNESS!!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
Post Reply 814 posts