Post Reply 4880 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Megathread
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

Re: 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Will Be Sailing To Cockburn Town

by EvilDan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:21 pm

cowboy71 wrote:So. Barge To Hell. 103 days to go, 15 bands left to announce (assuming that they end up having 42 for Barge which is likely). A band announcement every 7 days from now would cover it.

And in order to draw an accurate comparison with how that compares to previous cruises, we have to count backwards from the set-sail dates for 2011/12 103 days, which (give or take a day or two) brings us to around 15 October.

At that time for 2011 there was only 12 bands left to announce. For this year's cruise we still had 17 bands to wait for.

So yeah, surprisingly it compares reasonably well!

I like the way you think. You (and logic) rule!
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:51 pm

So in both instances we're right in the middle! Looks like after this year we could almost draw a graph depicting the odds of a band getting announced on any given day, depending on the amount of announcements up to any given date.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:52 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I'd gladly trade you Nile and Immolation for them

nah, i need SOMETHING to see on 70k...

so do I :cry:

Me too :cry:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Stained Class wrote:So in both instances we're right in the middle! Looks like after this year we could almost draw a graph depicting the odds of a band getting announced on any given day, depending on the amount of announcements up to any given date.

That would be pretty cool to have, though I am way too lazy to do it :mrgreen:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Laura wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:I miss Kevin and his over-the-top political incorrectness :?

Oh damn - I'm about to do another "I wuv Kevin post." :? :lol:

Kevin is a rare bird, especially humor-wise - that is all.

(and now he's probably going to read this, make a completely outrageous statement, and piss me off. :lol: )

Busted :lol: But at least you are honest :mrgreen:

Welcome to Crazy Town
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:13 pm

KevinP wrote:Welcome to Crazy Town

Kevin has cast his vote for which band he REALLY wants on Barge To Hell
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:25 am

I no longer give a shit about Noannouncements. RW Entertainment just announced Sunn O))) and Pelican NZ tour. SO happy about this, some good stuff coming our way in the later part of the year/early 2013.

:death: :death: :death: :death:
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:13 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Welcome to Crazy Town

Kevin has cast his vote for which band he REALLY wants on Barge To Hell

Uh oh :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:07 am

Conrad wrote:I no longer give a shit about Noannouncements. RW Entertainment just announced Sunn O))) and Pelican NZ tour. SO happy about this, some good stuff coming our way in the later part of the year/early 2013.

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! glad that tour is hittin' your island.
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Conrad wrote:I no longer give a shit about Noannouncements. RW Entertainment just announced Sunn O))) and Pelican NZ tour. SO happy about this, some good stuff coming our way in the later part of the year/early 2013.

Don't know either band but it's really cool you've got something exciting coming your way :D
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Yeah Australia occasionally throw New Zealand some of sloppy seconds to keep them happy :p

Stats!! Since we are in another of Andy's announcement droughts, I thought I would analyse all the cruises to see if there is any correlation between the gaps. So we are looking at all times when there were gaps of 20+ days between band announcements.

70K 2011
    18 Dec - 16 Jan
    26 May - 01 July
    24 Sep - 14 Oct
    10 Nov - 03 Dec
    24 Dec - 15 Jan

70K 2012
    18 Apr - 26 May
    05 Jul - 14 Aug
    16 Oct - 07 Dec

70K 2013
    26 Jul - ******

Barge To Hell
    28 Mar - 17 Apr
    07 Jun - 27 Jul
    27 Jul - ******

I was surprised on doing this to find that there were less long waits for this year compared to last. It was just I guess for 2012 we had some REALLY long waits :p

And there is some commonality in June/July/August being drought periods when Andy is off doing the European festival circuit.

I am predicting a glut of band announcements in the next 2 weeks though - had 3 late-Aug/early-Sep announcements for 2011 cruise, and 6 for the 2012 cruise.

November will be quiet though! Only had 1 Nov announcement (Voivod 10th Nov 2010) for either cruise, and with it being the lead-up month to BTH I cannot imagine much will happen (other than a few last-minute Barge bands maybe).

I guess we will know how this will actually pan out ......SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:23 am

Someone needs to print up shirts that say "Soon" on them and hand them out to the UMC staff to wear on the cruise as that word seems to be what they live by..haha
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:40 am

Sinister Realm wrote:Someone needs to print up shirts that say "Soon" on them and hand them out to the UMC staff to wear on the cruise as that word seems to be what they live by..haha

A couple guys on the last cruise had "SOON" shirts haha (pretty sure at least one of them was an active forumite)
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:58 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Sinister Realm wrote:Someone needs to print up shirts that say "Soon" on them and hand them out to the UMC staff to wear on the cruise as that word seems to be what they live by..haha

A couple guys on the last cruise had "SOON" shirts haha (pretty sure at least one of them was an active forumite)

Ah yeah the 2 German guys.One was called Alex i think.I stayed at the same hostel as them.
    They were the 2 guys i could rely on no mater what time i woke up at or arrived back at the hostel they'd still be drinking :lol:
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:48 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:

Yeah, that was me. I'm not German.

I posted a thread last year with the shirt and everything but it seems to have been removed/deleted as I can't find it. Also, all the pictures I had were on my old computer which totally fried so it looks like I've lost them all.

It was real simple to make though. I said 'Soon' on the front and then I listed all the bands I wanted to see on the back, logos and all. Hopefully didn't violate any copyright laws since it wasn't for resale. . .
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:38 am

Replace "SOON" with "MAYBE".
    Or "NEVER".
    But more realistic would be "We know something you don't know"!!!!!!!!!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:50 am

Ecliptica wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

I posted a thread last year with the shirt and everything but it seems to have been removed/deleted as I can't find it. Also, all the pictures I had were on my old computer which totally fried so it looks like I've lost them all.

It was real simple to make though. I said 'Soon' on the front and then I listed all the bands I wanted to see on the back, logos and all. Hopefully didn't violate any copyright laws since it wasn't for resale. . .

I got a pick of u in the slide show this year ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:22 pm

STACH100 wrote: But more realistic would be "We know something you don't know"!!!!!!!!!

:lol: agree
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:08 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Yeah Australia occasionally throw New Zealand some of sloppy seconds to keep them happy :p

Stats!! Since we are in another of Andy's announcement droughts, I thought I would analyse all the cruises to see if there is any correlation between the gaps. So we are looking at all times when there were gaps of 20+ days between band announcements.

70K 2011
    18 Dec - 16 Jan
    26 May - 01 July
    24 Sep - 14 Oct
    10 Nov - 03 Dec
    24 Dec - 15 Jan

70K 2012
    18 Apr - 26 May
    05 Jul - 14 Aug
    16 Oct - 07 Dec

70K 2013
    26 Jul - ******

Barge To Hell
    28 Mar - 17 Apr
    07 Jun - 27 Jul
    27 Jul - ******

I was surprised on doing this to find that there were less long waits for this year compared to last. It was just I guess for 2012 we had some REALLY long waits :p

And there is some commonality in June/July/August being drought periods when Andy is off doing the European festival circuit.

I am predicting a glut of band announcements in the next 2 weeks though - had 3 late-Aug/early-Sep announcements for 2011 cruise, and 6 for the 2012 cruise.

November will be quiet though! Only had 1 Nov announcement (Voivod 10th Nov 2010) for either cruise, and with it being the lead-up month to BTH I cannot imagine much will happen (other than a few last-minute Barge bands maybe).

I guess we will know how this will actually pan out ......SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

Thanks Statsman! Hope your announcement predictions come true
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:17 am

cowboy71 wrote:Yeah Australia occasionally throw New Zealand some of sloppy seconds to keep them happy :p

They're actually coming here before they go to Australia, hahahaha, fail. Australia is getting sloppy seconds. :lol: Just stick to what you do best, statistics.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    ttiger
    Crewman

by ttiger » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:39 am

still waiting the band that will make me buy my ticket :)
    Within temptation, Deathstars, BABYMETAL, Draconian, Diablo Swing Orchestra, OOmph, Megahertz, Dimmu Borgir, Eisbreche, Pain, HEAVENWOOD, HIM, Dope Stars Inc., Ram-Zet, After Forever, The Birthday Massacre, The 69 eyes, Turmion Kätilöt
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:01 am

Ecliptica wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

No there was actually 2 German guys on the 70k and they had black tshirts that didn't say anything except 'SOON ' and had TM in smaller text beside it.
    They were staying at the South Beach hostel.
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Really folks, if this was the line up UMC was selling at this date for the first ever cruise I would have said "OK another wanna be festival but on a ship".
    Then "They had better get some good bands or it's going to be a lonely boat." There is no way I would have booked by now had I not been on the first 2.
    Right now I'm praying they pull a rabbit out of the hat and save the ship.
    If that happens, I will be ever so happy and praise UMC.
    If not I will be a 3 time and no more vet.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:54 pm

STACH100 wrote:Really folks, if this was the line up UMC was selling at this date for the first ever cruise I would have said "OK another wanna be festival but on a ship".
    Then "They had better get some good bands or it's going to be a lonely boat." There is no way I would have booked by now had I not been on the first 2.
    Right now I'm praying they pull a rabbit out of the hat and save the ship.
    If that happens, I will be ever so happy and praise UMC.
    If not I will be a 3 time and no more vet.

I'm sorry for you Stach, but as you've said - they've got "the runs on the board" so to speak. History has proven their ability to build amazing lineups that seem to please pretty much everyone.

And while the current lineup sucks for you, its already pretty damn awesome for me.

Lacuna Coil - 'top 5' band for me, and never seen them do a full set (only two 30-minute festival sets).
    Sabaton - LOVED them on the first cruise. Cannot wait.
    Turisas - Not a huge man but haven't seen them live yet. Really looking forward to it.
    Dragonforce - LOVE them, and the new singer is great.
    Ensiferum - another favourite. Two sets for sure.
    Doro - an old favourite. Will be catching at least one set.

The only thing missing for me really on the lineup currently, is one or two faves that I've never ever managed to see live yet. If you add one or two bands from Within Temptation, Van Canto, Powerwolf, Amaranthe, Delain, Xandria, Pythia, Thaurorod or Rhapsody of Fire and its once again a perfect lineup for me.

And of course, if Magnum somehow get added then I don't give a flying fuck who else is on the lineup :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:25 pm

As you said cowboy71, great for you. The only one from your list I would care to see is Doro, just because she is metal history.
    The rest is of no interest.
    We are not seeing the big names that were very early announced on the first cruise by any stretch of the imagination.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:13 am

ttiger wrote:still waiting the band that will make me buy my ticket :)

Same here...

2019 Wishlist:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:34 am

STACH100 wrote:As you said cowboy71, great for you. The only one from your list I would care to see is Doro, just because she is metal history.
    The rest is of no interest.
    We are not seeing the big names that were very early announced on the first cruise by any stretch of the imagination.

The lineup may suck right now but Doro would be one of the biggest names they have booked on 70k so far.
    Don't forget we bitched and moaned at the lineup for both previous cruises and in the end the lineup still pulled through for most of us ;)

P.S. i guarantee 70k will book atleast one band that will piss off everyone who is going on the Barge instead :lol:
    It's bound to happen.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:21 pm

Yeah, it's pretty clear that some years will just have better bands for some fan types than others. So many of the artists on the first 2 sailings were just right up my alley that I'm not shocked that there's so few of interest to me this time. The first 2 70K lineups managed to please a wide variety of fans with a great balance of sub-genres. Barge is aimed at a more specific group and seems, for the most part, to be succeeding at pleasing them. 70K 3.0 however is thus far missing the mark for many past cruisers such as myself but I'm sure there will be announcements between now and January that will make me regret missing out. At this point, however, I'm glad I didn't book and am only disappointed that I'll be missing out on the social side of things. High hopes for 70K 2014 :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    metal_steve
    Petty Officer

by metal_steve » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Sabaton, Doro & Lacuna got my booking straight away - although the boat is getting sloppy seconds as I'll be seeing Sabaton 16 days prior!
    This ship needs more gothic, symphonic, female fronted bands, but I can handle some THRASH!!!

Find me onbroad @ Doro Sabaton Lacuna Coil In Flames Nile Dragonforce Rage Anacrusis
    Helloween Delain Gotthard Kreator Angra Metal Church Tiamat Vika Yermolyeva Lizzy Borden
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:25 pm

With 25 bands left to be announced, anything can happen!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:02 pm

nekrobarr wrote:With 25 bands left to be announced, anything can happen!

Anything except me stumbling upon an extra $2000.00 in the next 4 1/2 months :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:51 pm

STACH100 wrote:We are not seeing the big names that were very early announced on the first cruise by any stretch of the imagination.

I think that you may be viewing the previous lineups through rose-coloured glasses. To each his own, but I think in many regards the first 15 bands for all three cruises are fairly comparable, so lets check them out:

Amon Amarth, Sodom, Sonata Arctica, Trouble, Witchburner, Uli Jon Roth, Epica, Finntroll, Raven, Saxon, Moonspell, Obituary, Swashbuckle, Death Angel, Testament

Eluveitie, Gravedigger, My Dying Bride, Pestilence, Stratovarius, Therion, Tristania, In Extremo, Amorphis, Moonsorrow, Coroner, Samael, Nightwish, Dark Funeral, Hammerfall.

Anacrusis, DAR, Doro, Helstar, Immolation, In Flames, Lacuna Coil, Nile, Sabaton, Subway to Sally, Turisas, Ensiferum, Dragonforce, Rage, Flotsam & Jetsam

As far as 2103 goes, as metalwrath said (holy crap, I'm agreeing with metalwrath.... :P) you don't get much bigger from a 'metal legend' perspective than Doro (I guess you could compare her to Saxon/Uli from 2011 and Gravedigger from 2012). From a 'commercially big' perspective Dragonforce, Lacuna Coil and In Flames would be as big as (if not more than) any of the first 15 bands from the previous cruises.

I guess you don't have quite the caliber of thrash/death 'legends' in 2013 compared to the previous two but there was always going to be at least a slight dip in those genres due to BTH.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:07 pm

2011 was by far the best!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:49 pm

STACH100 wrote:2011 was by far the best!

It certainly ended up being the best for me, but the 2012 lineup actually started better as far as I was concerned :)

The first 15 announced for 2012 represented 17 sets I ended up seeing onbroad, compared to only 11 sets from the first 15 for 2011.

In that regard 2013 for me is on a par with 2011 - 11 sets, maybe 12 (if I see Doro twice)

At the moment I'd like another 6-7 more bands from my wishlist on the lineup. Both previous cruises I've found around 25 to be the optimal number of sets for me to catch on broad. Still gives me enough time to socialise, go to signings, and sleep :P

So yeah 6-7 more 'two set bands' and I'll be happy.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:34 am

Fuck you !
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:56 am

jodionline wrote:Fuck you !

Agreed!
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:42 am

Blackfhyre wrote:

Agreed!

I can't wait until that spam post gets removed and it looks like jodionline and Blackfhyre are really annoyed with cowboy71 :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:49 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Blackfhyre wrote:

Agreed!

I can't wait until that spam post gets removed and it looks like jodionline and Blackfhyre are really annoyed with cowboy71 :lol:

Ask and you shall receive :lol: :lol:
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:49 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Blackfhyre wrote:

Agreed!

:lol: yeah, fuck that Cowboy guy and his statistics!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:37 am

Mmmmmm :oops:

Perhaps somone can delete my "spam" or bring the spam back. :lol:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
Post Reply 4880 posts