Post Reply 4880 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Megathread
    Sheitan
    Oiler

Re: Aren't We All A Little Bit ANGRA?

by Sheitan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:39 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:THANKS, THANKS FOR THIS :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdPBfYgg5YE

I agree with you! :shred:
    Accept/Alestorm/Amon Amarth/Einherjer/Ensiferum/Finntroll/Heidevolk/Helloween/Hypocrisy/Immortal/King Diamond/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Rhapsody of Fire/Sabaton/SatanicWarmaster/Slayer/Subway to Sally/Swashbuckle/Teräsbetoni/TrollfesT/Turisas/Týr
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:45 am

I'm Angra cuz I never heard of them.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:17 am

Another band taken from my wish list!
    Amazing announcement for me. I missed them last year in Rock in Rio and really wanted to see them. :shred:
    The line up is getting bettet and better. Thanks UMC!
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:27 am

rockhound wrote:Another band taken from my wish list!
    Amazing announcement for me. I missed them last year in Rock in Rio and really wanted to see them. :shred:

I saw them in Rio with Tarja, is she that new singer? :belly:
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:27 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Andy wrote:Have we prayed enough to get news from the ship? So long that we all became a little bit ANGRA? Yes! Please welcome ANGRA, who will play their first show with a new singer onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. Now sailing North along the South American East Coast...

...when will we hear from them again?

Yes! Excellent announcement, Skipper! That's a 2-setter for me. :headbanger:

:shred: :shred:

... about the singer .. I dont think it would be Tarja, I guess should be male
    Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-ReVamp-Syrens Call-Iron Maidens-Epica-Satyricon-Mägo de Oz-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coorius-Sabaton-Visions of Atlantis-Amaranthe-Lande-Sabaton
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:28 am

JARI wrote:
    rockhound wrote:Another band taken from my wish list!

I saw them in Rio with Tarja, is she that new singer? :belly:

No way, Tarja just did a couple of songs with them at Rock in Rio (I saw that presentation on-line).
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:35 am

No Tarja please. Male singer with rainbow voice please.
    Thank you.
    Please.
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:37 am

ArlequinA wrote:
    viathyn wrote:Fireworks was a little experimental for them. That's still with Matos. I actually prefer the ones with Edu singing, personal highlights being the albums 'Rebirth' and 'Temple of Shadows'

You prefer Edu Falaschi?? Are you nuts? :P

I actually do like Edu's albums the most. But I love the ones with Matos too
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:07 am

I like the annoucement :headbanger:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:44 am

I checked out the 5 songs Angra has on Myspace.
    It's not really what I like, I might catch a set.
    But really a non exciting announcement.
    Now back to the waiting game.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:09 am

pablov8 wrote:
    ArlequinA wrote:
    viathyn wrote:Fireworks was a little experimental for them. That's still with Matos. I actually prefer the ones with Edu singing, personal highlights being the albums 'Rebirth' and 'Temple of Shadows'

You prefer Edu Falaschi?? Are you nuts? :P

I actually do like Edu's albums the most. But I love the ones with Matos too

I really enjoyed the change in musical style that happened when Edu joined, moreso than I noticed the change in voice (though I do prefer Edu... sorry ArlequinA!). Ever since he joined the band they went down a little more of a progressive road. Rebirth and temple of shadows are phenominal albums, in my opinion, up there with the best power-prog albums ever made.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:35 am

viathyn wrote: Rebirth and temple of shadows are phenominal albums, in my opinion, up there with the best power-prog albums ever made.

Agree 100%.

Too bad that Edu's voice live wasn't the same as in the records on this last years.
    If I have to bet on the new singer I would say Thiago Bianchi from Shaman.
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:50 am

Decent announcement but I really feel we have met our power metal quota at this point. We really need some more black or death bands announced for 70k.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:16 am

Jebus_Cripes wrote:Decent announcement but I really feel we have met our power metal quota at this point. We really need some more black or death bands announced for 70k.

There's another cruise for that :cool:
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:28 am

Ecliptica wrote:
    Jebus_Cripes wrote:Decent announcement but I really feel we have met our power metal quota at this point. We really need some more black or death bands announced for 70k.

Yeah, that I couldn't make it to but they insisted 70k would maintain its diverse lineup so I expect as much.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:37 am

I do like all the bands on your wishlist, I'd be okay with Insomnium , Suidakra, Kalmah, and Be'Lakor for sure.

But I also fully want more rainbows and unicorns and face paint and viking helmets.
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:50 am

Ecliptica wrote:For some weird reason, I feel like this makes an Avantasia headliner way more realistic.

WE NEED THE KINGDOM OF LIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-ReVamp-Syrens Call-Iron Maidens-Epica-Satyricon-Mägo de Oz-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coorius-Sabaton-Visions of Atlantis-Amaranthe-Lande-Sabaton
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:21 am

viathyn wrote:

I really enjoyed the change in musical style that happened when Edu joined, moreso than I noticed the change in voice (though I do prefer Edu... sorry ArlequinA!). Ever since he joined the band they went down a little more of a progressive road. Rebirth and temple of shadows are phenominal albums, in my opinion, up there with the best power-prog albums ever made.
    [/quote]

Seriously, that's funny. I never thought Angra was that popular worldwide, and I'm glad they are. But I never thought ANYONE would prefer Edu as a singer.

When Andre Matos left Angra, over 10 year ago (jesus, I'm getting old), and Edu came, we were all like "really? are YOU the substitute for the best singer in Brasil? because... you suck! :(" And PLUS, he's a dick. He's always saying nonsense to local press, he put a video on youtube insulting HIS FANS because no one went to a certain concert of his other band - called Almah - saying we're used to kiss foreign band's asses (?????) and we don't care about metal scene in Brazil (which is a lie, we just don't care about HIM). And I'm sure you guys heard about Metal Open Air, a kind of Wacken wannabe which was a huge fiasco in Brazil... People got really mad at the producers who really screwed everything up and seriously damaged our local scene. Edu was the only one who was on twitter taking sides with the bastards.

I'm sure he got kicked off of Angra and we, the old fans, are all super glad because of it. Now they announced there's gonna be a Reality Show on TV to choose a new singer (funny news). And I'm stunned to know I'll be on his first concert. AND IT'S GONNA BE ON 70.000K!!!

I'm lucky. :,)
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:26 am

ArlequinA wrote:Now they announced there's gonna be a Reality Show on TV to choose a new singer (funny news).

Oh jeez. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:33 am

mooyagi wrote:
    ArlequinA wrote:Now they announced there's gonna be a Reality Show on TV to choose a new singer (funny news).

Oh jeez. :lol:

I know!!!!! :mrgreen:
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:37 am

Ecliptica wrote:I do like all the bands on your wishlist, I'd be okay with Insomnium , Suidakra, Kalmah, and Be'Lakor for sure.

But I also fully want more rainbows and unicorns and face paint and viking helmets.

CELTIC CROSSES!!!!! FOAM SWORDS!!! DRINKING HORNS!!! DRAGONS!! VIOLINS! FLUTES!!! FAIRIES!!!!!!
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:15 pm

ArlequinA wrote:
    CELTIC CROSSES!!!!! FOAM SWORDS!!! DRINKING HORNS!!! DRAGONS!! VIOLINS! FLUTES!!! FAIRIES!!!!!!

Let's be friends! :party:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:22 pm

I don't know if I prefer Edu as a singer, I do prefer the records they made with him overall (except for Angels Cry, Angra's best record to me)
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:35 pm

pablov8 wrote:I don't know if I prefer Edu as a singer, I do prefer the records they made with him overall (except for Angels Cry, Angra's best record to me)

To me, Holy Land is a masterpiece. It's the album that made me love metal. The lyrics are so special, the mix of heavy metal with Brazilian music is so... so... :cry:
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:41 pm

viathyn wrote:
    ArlequinA wrote:

Let's be friends! :party:

Screw the fact you like Edu Falaschi. If you're one of the Folk Metal Crew, you're my friend.

SALUTE! :bangers:
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Been listening to Angra all day today.

Goddamn, this was such a good announcement. Not unexpected (really thought they'd be on the boat last year) but totally appreciated.

A couple more bands with flutes and violins and I'll be one happy cruiser. Wouldn't be opposed to them staying in South America and adding Skiltron :D :D
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Ecliptica wrote: Wouldn't be opposed to them staying in South America and adding Skiltron :D :D

I mentioned the cruise to Skiltron's new bassist some weeks ago, he told me he was trying to get in touch with them. :D
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Quite like this one, never seen them live.
    And now some Barge announcements!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:23 pm

:cry: Missing this cruise is gonna suck
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Stained Class wrote::cry: Missing this cruise is gonna suck

so dont miss it
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:07 pm

Blackfhyre wrote:
    Stained Class wrote: :cry: Missing this cruise is gonna suck

so dont miss it

Yeah, that would make sense but...sheeeeiittt...
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:37 pm

I'm quite surprised that some of you go crazy about this announcement; even though it's a two-setter for me, it seems more like "filler band" - but no complaining from my part :) I like the idea of Matos returning - nothing better than "Carry On" with him on vocals!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Ecliptica wrote:Been listening to Angra all day today.

Goddamn, this was such a good announcement. Not unexpected (really thought they'd be on the boat last year) but totally appreciated.

A couple more bands with flutes and violins and I'll be one happy cruiser. Wouldn't be opposed to them staying in South America and adding Skiltron :D :D

Haha why am I not surprised?
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:29 pm

ArlequinA wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:I do like all the bands on your wishlist, I'd be okay with Insomnium , Suidakra, Kalmah, and Be'Lakor for sure.

syrens, oceans, eagles, demons, cellos, more violins, more flutes, churus, ghosts, angels, screams, duets!!! :viking: :shred:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Ecliptica wrote:

I disagree! 70K is supposed to maintain the same variety as before, no changes because of Barge.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:57 pm

FUCK VARIETY
    MOAR POWER AND FOLK METAL :evil: :evil:
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:41 pm

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:19 pm

I would more death and black bands :bmhorns: :deathmetal: on board. I also would like more folk metal bands.

There is a clear solution to this. :deathhorns:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:28 pm

Ecliptica wrote:FUCK VARIETY
    MOAR POWER AND FOLK METAL :evil: :evil:

NO :evil:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:37 pm

3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
Post Reply 4880 posts