Post Reply 4880 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Megathread
    KevinP
    Commander

Re: South South-West from Moscow?

by KevinP » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:09 am

So this hasn't been talked about yet: what's the predicted availability of Masha Scream romping around the ship in less than black leather pants and dead foxes wrapped around her?

:shock:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:51 am

Stained Class wrote:Cowboy, are you suggestion Arsis was an unknown band? Cus as far as I know they aint. I was into them long before they were announced.

Yeah, all 3 of them had been around and known a long time before the cruise
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:51 am

cowboy71 wrote:AMARANTHE/LEAVES EYES/WITHIN TEMPTATION/DELAIN/XANDRIA - lumped all in one as I don't expect multiple of them on broad, but the lineup is missing a 'big' girlie band a la Epica in 2011 or Nightwish in 2012, so I expect (hope for) one of these one broad.
    BATTLELORE - expect another Finnish band or two on broad. Would love these guys and girls to be one of them.

If I remember correctly, Battlelore is currently on hiatus. Please no Amaranthe :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:25 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Cowboy, are you suggestion Arsis was an unknown band? Cus as far as I know they aint. I was into them long before they were announced.

Oh The Absence too? I hadn't heard of them but maybe they are just regionally popular, or I just wasn't paying enough attention :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:58 am

KevinP wrote:So this hasn't been talked about yet: what's the predicted availability of Masha Scream romping around the ship in less than black leather pants and dead foxes wrapped around her?

:shock:

Put it back in your pants Kevin :roll:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:40 am

If our army had a scouting party as bad as UMC's we would lose every war! They couldn't find snowflake in a blizzard.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:58 am

mooyagi wrote:Please no Amaranthe :lol:

now that I found out that the background singer on the last Kamelot tour is in Amaranthe - I don't mind ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:30 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

Oh The Absence too? I hadn't heard of them but maybe they are just regionally popular, or I just wasn't paying enough attention :lol:

I concur - hence why I put the 'unknown' bit in inverted commas. Both Arsis/Absence definitely popular than Meghora and Diamond Plate.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:33 pm

last_candle wrote:

now that I found out that the background singer on the last Kamelot tour is in Amaranthe - I don't mind ;)

You are saying that, because you really liked her singing of course? :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:34 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:AMARANTHE/LEAVES EYES/WITHIN TEMPTATION/DELAIN/XANDRIA - lumped all in one as I don't expect multiple of them on broad, but the lineup is missing a 'big' girlie band a la Epica in 2011 or Nightwish in 2012, so I expect (hope for) one of these one broad.
    BATTLELORE - expect another Finnish band or two on broad. Would love these guys and girls to be one of them.

If I remember correctly, Battlelore is currently on hiatus. Please no Amaranthe :lol:

Yeah - but Battlelore did do an acoustic gig a couple of months ago.

If they can do that, I'm sure they could be tempted out of hiatus for 70k :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:34 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    last_candle wrote:

You are saying that, because you really liked her singing of course? :P

yeah, she knew all the lyrics...impressive!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:57 pm

And on another note...

42 DAYS TO GO!

70k MkIII sets sail 6 weeks from today!

How many bands announced this week? I'm predicting 3 bands in 2 announcements.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote:And on another note...

42 DAYS TO GO!

70k MkIII sets sail 6 weeks from today!

How many bands announced this week? I'm predicting 3 bands in 2 announcements.

I'll predict we get Immortal and Firewind .... this week or at some time in the near future for 70k 2013 :beerhorns: :cheers:
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:20 pm

May I request Europe, Bon Jovi , Journey and Supertramp?
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:39 pm

STACH100 wrote:May I request Europe, Bon Jovi , Journey and Supertramp?

You may ........ but I hope you're not disappointed if they don't make the cruise. :lol:

I'm surprised hair metal doesn't get represented on the cruise :shock: :oops:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:49 pm

I actually would wholeheartedly support having one or two hair metal bands on broad.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:58 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

they were on Metal Blade records since, what, 2004 or 2005...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:21 pm

I really reeeeally want to come on 70K again.... I feel like I've spent over half the day muttering to myself "do not book it would be dumb do not book it would be dumb do not book it would be dumb".

Damn it. :cry:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:56 pm

vikingbitch wrote:I really reeeeally want to come on 70K again.... I feel like I've spent over half the day muttering to myself "do not book it would be dumb do not book it would be dumb do not book it would be dumb".

BOOK!!! :beerbang: :beerbang:

cowboy71 wrote:I actually would wholeheartedly support having one or two hair metal bands on broad.

MOAR HAIR METAL = MOAR BETTER (to a point)
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:15 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I actually would wholeheartedly support having one or two hair metal bands on broad.

Please no :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:21 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

Please no :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Well, one or two hair metal bands would make it a really fun cruise (and karakoe!). Also, moar time to eat. :cool:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Only if it's STEEL PANTHER!
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:40 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:I really reeeeally want to come on 70K again.... I feel like I've spent over half the day muttering to myself "do not book it would be dumb do not book it would be dumb do not book it would be dumb".

Is there anything for you that MOAR of != MOAR BETTER?
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:44 pm

X-Thor wrote:

YES!!!

It's part of our (my?) metal history and we need at least one or two representatives just to remind us not to take ourselves too seriously. Just don't book hair metal bands that take themselves too seriously :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:38 pm

[quote="STACH100"]May I request Europe, Bon Jovi , Journey and Supertramp?[/quotE

Then its time to eat / sleep.
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:46 pm

JARI wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:May I request Europe, Bon Jovi , Journey and Supertramp?

I'd sleep, eat, watch someone else or participate in the 'Let's throw Jon Bon overbroad' special event during Europe but would be right up front for Journey or Supertramp even though they're in no way metal :shred:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:03 am

vikingbitch wrote:would be dumb not to book it would be dumb not to book it would be dumb not to book it

QFT. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:05 am

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!

If you book, I will book... Or consider it more seriously.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:07 am

Evican wrote:

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!

If you book, I will book... Or consider it more seriously.

Lottery wins = 2012 cabinmate reunion!!!

• JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:57 am

Christmas is coming.

70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:33 am

JARI wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:May I request Europe, Bon Jovi , Journey and Supertramp?[/quotE

Yeah I was trying to pick the lamest bands.
    But I would be in favor of some good hair bands like Twisted Sister, Helix, D.A.D., Faster Pussycat or Roxx Gang.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:31 am

Jebus_Cripes wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

Is there anything for you that MOAR of != MOAR BETTER?

Glad you noticed! :lol: :lol:

I pretty much support (almost) every genre being included onbroad for 70K...

:deathhorns: :deathhorns: LIST TIME :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :lol: :lol:

If MOAR X = MOAR BETTER, X=?
    -Melodeath
    -Folk Metal (sorry, Stasch)
    -Hair Metal
    -Black Metal
    -Thrash Metal
    -Tech Death
    -Heavy Metal
    -Tolkien/GRRM/Robert Jordan inspired lyrics

--
  • HardNHeavy
    Crewman

by HardNHeavy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:36 am

STACH100 wrote:
    JARI wrote:

But I would be in favor of some good hair bands like Twisted Sister, Helix, D.A.D., Faster Pussycat or Roxx Gang.

sounds like a good idea to me, especially D.A.D. or Twisted Sister would be awesome!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:38 am

STACH100 wrote:
    JARI wrote:

I fully support Twisted Sister for 70K.

--
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:51 am

I saw D.A.D in radio rock cruise and it wasn´t so good or i were too drank. I don´t remember. Twisted sister well do they make more than 2 or 3 songs ?
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • Feniel
    Oiler

by Feniel » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:05 pm

I could see Heidevolk, and Trollfest being onboard possibly, they are going to be touring the us with Ensiferum and tyr for paganfest 2013 i support these bands fully
    2013-#4017 \m/

Epica, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Edguy, Avantasia, Helloween, Powerglove, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Into Eternity,[size=150] Unexpect[/size], Blackguard, Sabaton, Dio Diciples, Keep of Kallesian, Death Angel, Sirenia, Falconer, [/size][/color]
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:19 pm

JARI wrote:Twisted Sister well do they make more than 2 or 3 songs ?

Those big commercial hits were just gateway drugs to a pretty deep catalogue of very cool metal...

Even this one had some commercial success but is one of my fave old tacky videos from an album that is strong from start to finish:

You Can't Stop...

Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Feniel wrote:I could see Heidevolk, and Trollfest being onboard possibly, they are going to be touring the us with Ensiferum and tyr for paganfest 2013 i support these bands fully

I wish. TrollfesT would certainly fill the "fun" band quota a la Swashbuckle/Alestorm from the past two years.

If not, it's only a few more months til Paganfest.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Ecliptica wrote:
    Feniel wrote:I could see Heidevolk, and Trollfest being onboard possibly, they are going to be touring the us with Ensiferum and tyr for paganfest 2013 i support these bands fully

I wish. TrollfesT would certainly fill the "fun" band quota a la Swashbuckle/Alestorm from the past two years.

If not, it's only a few more months til Paganfest.

Heidevolk I'd be good with. I really hope Trollfest doesn't make it. Well, I guess it would be good for people who like them but I just don't like them. Not one bit.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:07 pm

I thought The Rainbow Coalition had agreed they'd been sufficiently well-represented for 70K 2013 and were pulling for some heavier metal for balance :?

I can't complain one way or another since I'm not going but just saying, unicorns and garden gnomes aren't typically thought of as greedy little bastards :P

Post Reply 4880 posts