Post Reply 4880 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Megathread
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: Vika Goes Wild!

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:44 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:Sorry Bill :cry: :cry:

it'd be fun to rock out with you again Not As Young Nicolas! Perhaps I can come visit your country some time!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:48 pm

Daenerys wrote:Wow, after checking out some of her videos I'm actually really looking forward to this. I used to play piano but my teacher always made me play stupid shit, so I gave it up. Probably would have stuck with it if I had been old enough for metal sheet music :twisted:

cowboy71 wrote:Yeah - that direction from Kiev, would be Hungary/Austria/Slovakia/Switzerland/Italy.

I have nooooo wishlist bands from any of those countries :P

I'll take Fleshgod Apocalypse from Italy! :bmhorns:

DrinkMoxie wrote:Congrats Andy... you've announced something that TRULY makes me upset I'm too poor to go. I Actually like her more than even some of the 5 bands onbroad that I do like... in fact, she's 2nd to only Heidevolk on my list of awesome acts onbroad...
    :bitch: :bitch: :cry: :bitch: :bitch:

:cry: I wish you were going Bill, it's not gonna be the same without you!

you'll still have the same amazing time... but I do wish I could go!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:54 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:I like your wish list but here isn't enough Anathema in it ;)

I'm guessing for you there is no such thing as too much Anathema? ;)

Probably not :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:
    Conrad wrote:Pretty cool addition, I'd definitely watch her if I was on broad!

Nicolas! Where have you been hiding!?!

Hiding? hahaha
    Last days I was in a place when was difficult to be on internet.
    Sad that you are not going!
    But hope that you enjoy all the festivals in Europe :viking:

Yeah, it sucks I don't have the disposable income, but I'm not too cut up about it, as you say, because I'm going to Europe in July for a few festivals, so I'll still have a blast!

Hopefully I'll be on in 2014, though, I don't wanna miss 2 years in a row! So if you make it a threepeat, I'll see you then.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    metal_steve
    Petty Officer

by metal_steve » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Wow!
    I am Imagining sitting in one of the cocktail bars, with a whiskey on ice, a cigar and instead of the crooner piano player listening to Vika play Fear of the Dark....... Valhalla
    This ship needs more gothic, symphonic, female fronted bands, but I can handle some THRASH!!!

Find me onbroad @ Doro Sabaton Lacuna Coil In Flames Nile Dragonforce Rage Anacrusis
    Helloween Delain Gotthard Kreator Angra Metal Church Tiamat Vika Yermolyeva Lizzy Borden
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 pm

i was a bit wtf as I read the announcement, but wow....looking forward to seeing her. Thanks Andy, it was a bit of a leap but I think most will dig it!
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:52 pm

well if you're going to cockburn it doesn't hurt to have a penis opppps I mean a pianist :lol: :lol: :lol: but seriously a nice add. will check her out, depending on schedule conflicts (hopefully none).

she is awesome and fairly easy on the eyes from what I've seen ........... thank you Andy :cheers: :beerhorns:

which stage will she take the piano in the schooner bar, the big white one on deck 3 or 4 forget without looking?
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

Re: Happy Headbanging New Year!

by ArlequinA » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:05 am

X-Thor wrote:
    Also, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: (was almost without Internet, so lost track of the forums for a while).

I missed you! :heavydrink:
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:10 am

Looking through her videos. Dance of Death here. Amazing!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRWwQYyUfPU
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:44 am

I like the idea of walking on board the ship to this... can't wait to be onboard
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:50 am

metal_steve wrote:Wow!
    I am Imagining sitting in one of the cocktail bars, with a whiskey on ice, a cigar and instead of the crooner piano player listening to Vika play Fear of the Dark....... Valhalla

That's a great idea.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:50 am

This was posted on the facebook group but I didn't realize this was an actual announcement. Cool! She'll probably get a spot similar to any workshops and stuff in the boleros. Same as the Jeff Waters thing. This is becoming a really cool cruise, as if the bands weren't good enough!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:33 am

Andy wrote:Did you ever wonder where our European Scouts went from Moscow? They went to the Ukraine, but not to find a band, to find someone to make use of the numerous Grand Pianos onbroad! Please welcome Vika Yermolyeva (aka vkgoeswild), award-winning pianist who will be performing a different kind of Metal onbroad!

Andy, keep this path. Amazing anouncement!. This cruise has so many new things and a great line up that I'm really happy I'll be there.
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
    restless
    Wiper

by restless » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Waiting for the next announcements of death or blackmetal... and now completely unexpected an addition like this....

but - i like it!

Realy great idea.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:27 am

what a nice idea - with her playing piano covers, you really add something new/different to the cruise experience!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Blumpkin
    Petty Officer

by Blumpkin » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:50 am

Oh, sigh, another thing for me to have to decide on when figuring out which show to go see.... The fact that she could be playing when two other bands are playing on stage makes the decision-making even that much harder.

However, she is quite good.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:13 am

Cool addition! :D
    But this cruise still needs moar nårvidsjøn bænds! :bangers:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:32 am

I still think Andrew Hansen should have been on broad in 2012 playing Cannibal Corpse lounge covers.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:35 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:and much much better than pure fun stuff like Mambo Kurt who is fun only for a few songs and then just gets silly

+1
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:51 am

I'll check this out.
    Does this mean we'll have an extra 'stage' on deck 3 this time? :D
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:45 am

DragonLordJones wrote:which stage will she take the piano in the schooner bar, the big white one on deck 3 or 4 forget without looking?

Well, the announcement says "someone to make use of the numerous grand pianos" so I assume she'll be popping up at each one at some point.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:55 am

mooyagi wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:which stage will she take the piano in the schooner bar, the big white one on deck 3 or 4 forget without looking?

Well, the announcement says "someone to make use of the numerous grand pianos" so I assume she'll be popping up at each one at some point.

...and hopefully already while broading!
    wishlist '20:
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:59 am

mooyagi wrote:Well, the announcement says "someone to make use of the numerous grand pianos" so I assume she'll be popping up at each one at some point.

where were all the pianos at? was there one in the Boleros Lounge?

I know of the 2 I mentioned, just curious where any other ones might be ......... does anyone else know of any others? :cheers: :beerhorns:
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:15 am

I am not nearly excited as most here. She plays great piano, but I am not a piano fan.
    I am glad you all like it.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:58 am

STACH100 wrote:I am not nearly excited as most here. She plays great piano, but I am not a piano fan.

completely agree :twisted:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:22 am

Looking threw her videos I am vary interested.

Thank You UMC
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:30 am

STACH100 wrote:I am not nearly excited as most here. She plays great piano, but I am not a piano fan.

At first I thought it was a very cool announcement and was a bit jealous (again). I'm a huge fan of many great pianists both in rock and metal music as well as classical and pop. Then I watched parts of about 4 of her videos and heard nothing really outstanding. Maybe it was just the covers I chose but I was as unimpressed by titles I was familiar with as titles I'd never heard before. Still, I'm sure she'd be more interesting live and this is a cool little extra that takes nothing away from the lineup so cheers to all who get to enjoy her stuff.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    A_minorplayer
    Oiler

Re: Happy Headbanging New Year!

by A_minorplayer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:39 am

KDibildeaux wrote:
    A_minorplayer wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:I don't want any more bands that I wanna watch. Seriously, Andy can use the rest of the lineup to make the death/thrash/black people happy.

Yes Please

Make me Happy (er)

:deathmetal: :bmhorns:

I like your wish list but here isn't enough Anathema in it ;)

:3drunks:

I agree.
    There can never ever be enough Anathema

:bitch:

:lol: :lol: :cry:

But Any of the others will do just perfectly
    Anathema, Immortal, Septic Flesh, Satyricon, Anathema, Six Feet Under, Soulfly, Anathema, Atrocity, Morbid Angel, Autopsy, Anathema, Entombed, Fleshgod Apocalypse, the Sword, Rotting Christ, Gojira, Oh and Anathema
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:46 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

At first I thought it was a very cool announcement and was a bit jealous (again). I'm a huge fan of many great pianists both in rock and metal music as well as classical and pop. Then I watched parts of about 4 of her videos and heard nothing really outstanding. Maybe it was just the covers I chose but I was as unimpressed by titles I was familiar with as titles I'd never heard before. Still, I'm sure she'd be more interesting live and this is a cool little extra that takes nothing away from the lineup so cheers to all who get to enjoy her stuff.

Did you see Tornado Of Souls? Do you have any idea how difficult that song is? She nails it... ON PIANO! How about Holy Diver... I mean, you can hear the vocals in her playing... Carry On Wayward Son performed flawlessly... I don't understand how you weren't impressed unless the musicianship just doesn't influence you at all

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:19 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

Did you see Tornado Of Souls? Do you have any idea how difficult that song is? She nails it... ON PIANO! How about Holy Diver... I mean, you can hear the vocals in her playing... Carry On Wayward Son performed flawlessly... I don't understand how you weren't impressed unless the musicianship just doesn't influence you at all

Didn't hear any of those 3 tracks but am fully aware of the 'difficulty' level involved. For me, none of the tracks I checked out had much in the way of 'soul' to them and sounded pretty crappy/boring. Not saying she's not talented but just that the performances of hers that I listened to did nothing for me. Not saying that should be the same for you or anyone else. Just my experience.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:22 am

Amazing and a GREAT announcement. Her rendition of "Fear of the Dark" by Maiden gave me goosebumps, if something gives me goosebumps, then that is how I judge the talent.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:06 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Amazing and a GREAT announcement. Her rendition of "Fear of the Dark" by Maiden gave me goosebumps, if something gives me goosebumps, then that is how I judge the talent.

It is very interesting how people perceive music. I listened to Her rendition of "Fear of the Dark", not only did I not get goose bumps but it was difficult to make it to the end of the song. Then I checked out Her version of ACDCs Highway To Hell, it is painful to be an ACDC fan and hear that.
    I truly believe these songs were never meant for piano.
    But then when people like you "get goose bumps" I see there is a place for this, just not in my music world.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:22 pm

STACH100 wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:Amazing and a GREAT announcement. Her rendition of "Fear of the Dark" by Maiden gave me goosebumps, if something gives me goosebumps, then that is how I judge the talent.

It is very interesting how people perceive music. I listened to Her rendition of "Fear of the Dark", not only did I not get goose bumps but it was difficult to make it to the end of the song. Then I checked out Her version of ACDCs Highway To Hell, it is painful to be an ACDC fan and hear that.
    I truly believe these songs were never meant for piano.
    But then when people like you "get goose bumps" I see there is a place for this, just not in my music world.

isn't it the interesting part that (most of) those songs weren't meant for piano?
    but I have to agree: Highway to Hell doesn't work...
    wishlist '20:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:24 pm

most of the stuff The Great Kat does wasn't meant for guitar... yet it works... awesomely.
    There are more than 3 instruments in the world... metal can use them ALL

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:33 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:most of the stuff The Great Kat does wasn't meant for guitar... yet it works... awesomely.

Maybe metal can use them, definitely NOT abuse them.
    Unfortunately if a band employs a musician that only plays one instrument, they naturally want to play on every song.
    Adding unusual instruments can be very effective in certain metal songs in certain parts.
    But if it becomes the norm it is no longer metal.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    A_minorplayer
    Oiler

by A_minorplayer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Except the saxophone.
    Anathema, Immortal, Septic Flesh, Satyricon, Anathema, Six Feet Under, Soulfly, Anathema, Atrocity, Morbid Angel, Autopsy, Anathema, Entombed, Fleshgod Apocalypse, the Sword, Rotting Christ, Gojira, Oh and Anathema
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:39 pm

A_minorplayer wrote:Except the saxophone.

Don't tell that to George Thorogood!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:01 pm

STACH100 wrote:
    A_minorplayer wrote:Except the saxophone.

Don't tell that to George Thorogood!

or Dr. Mikannibal

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:03 pm

STACH100 wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:most of the stuff The Great Kat does wasn't meant for guitar... yet it works... awesomely.

Maybe metal can use them, definitely NOT abuse them.
    Unfortunately if a band employs a musician that only plays one instrument, they naturally want to play on every song.
    Adding unusual instruments can be very effective in certain metal songs in certain parts.
    But if it becomes the norm it is no longer metal.

metal is metal whether you like it or not, man.

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    A_minorplayer
    Oiler

by A_minorplayer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Fair enough.
    :cheers:

Wonder if Vika does any Chuck Berry covers?
    Jerry Lee Lewis?
Post Reply 4880 posts