Post Reply 4880 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Megathread
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: Welcome The 70000TONS OF METAL Pool Girls!

by DragonLordJones » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:17 am

she doesn't look like she could handle 70,000 tons ... so I offer her 290 pounds to get her use to some heavy weight .......... before she has the full 70K thrust upon her :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:41 am

Yes, kudos to the Skipper for the gesture. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:22 am

Goddess of Metal wrote:The comments regarding this announcement have gotten so ugly on Facebook. :roll: I thought we were there for the music and being with our fellow metalheads. :?

haven't read the comments (and won't do so) - but this announcement got more LIKES than most other band announcements :shock:

btw, Andy: nice touch there with the pink font colour!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:52 am

Weren't these girls already on the ship on the previous editions as well? Probably a lack of bands to suddenly officially add them to the bill :P
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:38 am

I'm only Onbroad with the pool girls IF they bring free beer to my room. :chug:
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:29 am

Tuup wrote:Weren't these girls already on the ship on the previous editions as well? Probably a lack of bands to suddenly officially add them to the bill :P

I know you were kidding but I'm hoping this is just like the piano player and not one of the 42 anticipated lineup entries unless they are playing 2 sets on stage with guitars and some kick ass songs haha :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:33 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Tuup wrote:Weren't these girls already on the ship on the previous editions as well? Probably a lack of bands to suddenly officially add them to the bill :P

I know you were kidding but I'm hoping this is just like the piano player and not one of the 42 anticipated lineup entries unless they are playing 2 sets on stage with guitars and some kick ass songs haha :shred:

Didn't you know? There are 8 pool girls, there you have your 8 announcements left
    :P

PD: just kidding Andy, give us more bands :stagger:
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:45 am

alex_canada wrote:What aboot my sexy Canadian accent?

You forgot the ", Eh"
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:11 am

Moving this to the proper thread...Shoreslayer said
    "We have SO many bands in common and I just don't hear them the way you do. I have pretty much their entire first album now dedicated to memory with tons of great riffs and power chords and strong structure/comosition that remind me of tons of the stuff that we both have listed as fave type of music except maybe just a bit faster like Tipton n' Downing on speed or something.

I know Clayman and Cowboy love them but don't let this confuse you. One of the first thing that amazed me when I first heard them was how I was sure they were thrash metal but all these power metal people were fans. I've said it before that these guys have hit on the perfect blend of varying styles and are the forerunners for the UN of metal subgengres. For real, I feel compelled to force you to listen to the entire thing in one happily relaxed sitting each day for the next week in order to get you to 'realize' how good they are and so you'll get to enjoy them onbroad as much as possible. Trust me, I had many people saying they weren't big on Artillery who I encouraged to check them out and subsequently reported back that they were one of the best of Barge. Trust me! Plz give them more of a chance to grow on you (before it's too late to paint!) and I promise you won't be disappointed! :headbanger:

My Last Attack Lead track of album pretty much sold me right away but...

Hollow Ground and Requiem both have lots of power chords and not so much barrage of lead phrases"

To be fair listening to 3 songs on youtube is not a the best way to rate a band.
    The problem is I did not like any of the 3 I heard so that makes me not want to further investigate.
    Maybe if I had the cd, but I never buy a cd by a band that their youtube songs don't grab me.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:50 am

X-Thor wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Did this just slow down because everyone is watching/posting at the youtube commenter in FB?

Can you share the yt link you're referencing? I did a fly-by on fb and couldn't figure out what you're referring to. TIA

https://www.facebook.com/pages/70000tons/107567389067

Have fun!

Holy fucking ass crackers! :shock:

While it's obvious where my allegiances lie, I would really like to meet this guy.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:59 am

EvilDan wrote:While it's obvious where my allegiances lie, I would really like to meet this guy.

Should be easy enough to spot. Just look for the Norwegian immigrant dropping Australian slang while surrounded by hot chicks (of varying/mixed ethnicities) who are not passing out towels and sunscreen.
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:08 am

Bentz! wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:While it's obvious where my allegiances lie, I would really like to meet this guy.

Should be easy enough to spot. Just look for the Norwegian immigrant dropping Australian slang while surrounded by hot chicks (of varying/mixed ethnicities) who are not passing out towels and sunscreen.

lol
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:21 am

STACH100 wrote:Moving this to the proper thread...Shoreslayer said
    "We have SO many bands in common and I just don't hear them the way you do. I have pretty much their entire first album now dedicated to memory with tons of great riffs and power chords and strong structure/comosition that remind me of tons of the stuff that we both have listed as fave type of music except maybe just a bit faster like Tipton n' Downing on speed or something.

I know Clayman and Cowboy love them but don't let this confuse you. One of the first thing that amazed me when I first heard them was how I was sure they were thrash metal but all these power metal people were fans. I've said it before that these guys have hit on the perfect blend of varying styles and are the forerunners for the UN of metal subgengres. For real, I feel compelled to force you to listen to the entire thing in one happily relaxed sitting each day for the next week in order to get you to 'realize' how good they are and so you'll get to enjoy them onbroad as much as possible. Trust me, I had many people saying they weren't big on Artillery who I encouraged to check them out and subsequently reported back that they were one of the best of Barge. Trust me! Plz give them more of a chance to grow on you (before it's too late to paint!) and I promise you won't be disappointed! :headbanger:

Hollow Ground and Requiem both have lots of power chords and not so much barrage of lead phrases"

To be fair listening to 3 songs on youtube is not a the best way to rate a band.
    The problem is I did not like any of the 3 I heard so that makes me not want to further investigate.
    Maybe if I had the cd, but I never buy a cd by a band that their youtube songs don't grab me.

Since ya didn't transfer the links with my text, I'm guessin' ya didn't listen to the ones I posted? :cry:

Okay, I admit defeat :(

Enjoy Ektomorf my friend. I guess the world doesn't have to make sense for me to be content :lol:

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:27 am

Even I would pick Holy Grail over Ektomorf 10 times out of 10... and I don't like Holy Grail at all
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:48 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:Moving this to the proper thread...Shoreslayer said

Since ya didn't transfer the links with my text, I'm guessin' ya didn't listen to the ones I posted? :cry:
    Okay, I admit defeat :(
    Enjoy Ektomorf my friend. I guess the world doesn't have to make sense for me to be content :lol:

so, this was about Ektomorf? (just asking, because the band's name was never mentioned)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 am

Bentz! wrote:

:lol: Awesome.

Reading through that and completing my online check-in actually has me excited about this cruise for the first time. Are we early enough to get luggage tags?

STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:01 am

so, this was about Ektomorf? (just asking, because the band's name was never mentioned)
    No it was about Holy Grail.

Rob there is no defeat no win or lose.
    Maybe one day I will like Holy Grail.
    I just have certain tastes. I know many of you love Iced Earth.
    I did not watch their sets on the cruise and don't listen to them at home,
    but would take them any day over a folk band.
    And would take Holy Grail over Iced Earth. So there you go if you want
    to figure it out, good luck. LOL
    Also I am not a fan of Ektomorf per say, I just thought it was a much better
    announcement than the last few.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:07 am

EvilDan wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:

:lol: Awesome.

Reading through that and completing my online check-in actually has me excited about this cruise for the first time. Are we early enough to get luggage tags?

See Dan, you should be on Facebook more often and then you wouldn't miss all the good stuff! :cheers:

I also cannot wait to meet Mr Don't-impose-your-Sharia-Law-on-me-as-I-tell-you-to-Shut-the-Fuck-Up. I want to stand in awe of his intelligence and karate skills :roll:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:17 am

stoverkill wrote:I also cannot wait to meet Mr Don't-impose-your-Sharia-Law-on-me-as-I-tell-you-to-Shut-the-Fuck-Up. I want to stand in awe of his intelligence and karate skills :roll:

:lol:
    Just be sure to remember:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:18 am

STACH100 wrote:
    Simon wrote:so, this was about Ektomorf? (just asking, because the band's name was never mentioned)
    No it was about Holy Grail.

Rob there is no defeat no win or lose.
    Maybe one day I will like Holy Grail.
    I just have certain tastes. I know many of you love Iced Earth.
    And would take Holy Grail over Iced Earth. So there you go if you want
    to figure it out, good luck. LOL
    Also I am not a fan of Ektomorf per say, I just thought it was a much better
    announcement than the last few.

Rob, such praising words for Holy Grail?
    yes, I've only listened to three songs on youtube - but to me they are the perfect example of mediocrity and replaceability
    ...on the other hand, I listen to a couple of bands that probably aren't that special either
    wishlist '20:
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:20 am

VorpalBunny wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:I have no idea what you look like, but you have the super sexy Australian accent going for you. That counts!

When I caught up with her in Seattle last September, Pamela kept making me say "A dingo stole my baby" while she rolled around laughing and gasping for air. o_O

I have video of it. It's much better in person though. :twisted:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:28 am

stoverkill wrote:I also cannot wait to meet Mr Don't-impose-your-Sharia-Law-on-me-as-I-tell-you-to-Shut-the-Fuck-Up. I want to stand in awe of his intelligence and karate skills :roll:

Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:37 am

Non-FB users can actually read that thread. I skimmed much of it and it was ridiculous. :lol:

Can we have a bonus workshop on broad where all the players read their posts out loud for everyone? That would be highly entertaining.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:40 am

mooyagi wrote:Non-FB users can actually read that thread. I skimmed much of it and it was ridiculous. :lol:

Can we have a bonus workshop on broad where all the players read their posts out loud for everyone? That would be highly entertaining.

It would be like 70k Tons' version of Masterpiece Theater!
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:57 am

stoverkill wrote:See Dan, you should be on Facebook more often and then you wouldn't miss all the good stuff! :cheers:

Actually, I found it to be a shining example of why I don't mess with facebook. :cheers:

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 am

mooyagi wrote:Non-FB users can actually read that thread. I skimmed much of it and it was ridiculous. :lol:

I don't think I could recite my whole rant without bursting into laughter

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:43 am

Bentz! wrote:

I would totally be game for that :lol: They would need to have standby referees though - it got kinda heated during well, most of it :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:

I would totally be game for that :lol: They would need to have standby referees though - it got kinda heated during well, most of it :lol:

i miss all the good stuff! hahah. link to it!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:46 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:

I feel that it should be recited in Shakespearean style, that should take the edge off things.
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:46 am

vikingbitch wrote:I would totally be game for that :lol: They would need to have standby referees though - it got kinda heated during well, most of it :lol:

It's too bad Kevin or BillH won't be onbroad. Love to hear one of them do the part of "he who shall not be poser"

(here is your link Mothball ..... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151955888614068&set=a.10151931853929068.503356.107567389067&type=1&theater )
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 am

stoverkill wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:I would totally be game for that :lol: They would need to have standby referees though - it got kinda heated during well, most of it :lol:

It's too bad Kevin or BillH won't be onbroad. Love to hear one of them do the part of "he who shall not be poser"

(here is your link Mothball ..... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151955888614068&set=a.10151931853929068.503356.107567389067&type=1&theater )

We can hire voice actors to take the roles of those not on broad. :lol:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 am

stoverkill wrote:

I thought he was going to be on the cruise?? He's not??
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:51 am

mooyagi wrote:

That would be like Rob Dukes singing Exodus songs, fucking pointless and awful
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:54 am

KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

That would be like Rob Dukes singing Exodus songs, fucking pointless and awful

No way! It would be hilarious to hear you played by the gal who does the voice of one of the Powerpuff Girls or something. :lol:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:00 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    stoverkill wrote:

Patrick Warburton can read my parts... or Yahoo Serious... or Bobcat Goldthwait...

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:19 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    stoverkill wrote:

Maybe the Pool Deck Girls could read the parts of those missing.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:24 pm

This, sir, this is the best idea of the century.
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:18 pm

STACH100 wrote:I know many of you love Iced Earth.
    And would take Holy Grail over Iced Earth.

Oddly, this really does make me feel much better :oops:

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:25 pm

last_candle wrote:Rob, such praising words for Holy Grail?
    yes, I've only listened to three songs on youtube - but to me they are the perfect example of mediocrity and replaceability
    ...on the other hand, I listen to a couple of bands that probably aren't that special either

Well Simon, with you it doesn't surprise me as it did with Stach simply because we've both known for some time that our tastes differ enormously. Even the bands we both enjoy it seems your faves are my least fave and vice versa. It's all good.

But yes, based on their debut album, I'm pure Holy Grail fan boi and proud of it lol. The one sample I've heard of the new cd didn't floor me but I'm hoping that, once I hear it, it ends up like the first one where I crank it up and play it front to back with great frequency. :shred:

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:29 pm

ArlequinA wrote:

This, sir, this is the best idea of the century.

Agreed! Even though I'd miss that too :?

I only made it through about 1/2 of the entire thread and missed much but it was just eating up too much time. Could someone create a thread and quote some of the best bits? Sort of like Kevin's Cole's Notes version but a little more expanded... If not, I'll just have to go read it when bored and get the 2nd half.

Post Reply 4880 posts