Post Reply 4880 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Megathread
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Welcome The 70000TONS OF METAL Pool Girls!

by last_candle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:41 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    last_candle wrote:Rob, such praising words for Holy Grail?
    yes, I've only listened to three songs on youtube - but to me they are the perfect example of mediocrity and replaceability
    ...on the other hand, I listen to a couple of bands that probably aren't that special either

Well Simon, with you it doesn't surprise me as it did with Stach simply because we've both known for some time that our tastes differ enormously. Even the bands we both enjoy it seems your faves are my least fave and vice versa. It's all good.

But yes, based on their debut album, I'm pure Holy Grail fan boi and proud of it lol. The one sample I've heard of the new cd didn't floor me but I'm hoping that, once I hear it, it ends up like the first one where I crank it up and play it front to back with great frequency. :shred:

---I have to listen to HG again - I'm still surprised you like'em and I have no clue why Stach should enjoy'em, too
    seriously, I'd expect them to rather be my cup of tea instead your or Stach's
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:44 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I only made it through about 1/2 of the entire thread and missed much but it was just eating up too much time. Could someone create a thread and quote some of the best bits? Sort of like Kevin's Cole's Notes version but a little more expanded... If not, I'll just have to go read it when bored and get the 2nd half.

Basically it went down like this: He called everyone all kinds of vile names, but no one was calling him names. Then he accused us of imposing Sharia law on him when it was kindly suggested that he not be so insulting to everyone. Then he told people they needed to STFU, thereby imposing his OWN Sharia Law. (he must be an expert on Sharia Law because he mentioned that and the middle east multiple times) Then he accused ME of 'idly threatening him', which is not true, and then he threatened to kick all of our asses, ALL AT THE SAME TIME. When the heat got too hot for him, he then sent threats via PM to his 'enemies' and then blocked them, like the chicken shit that he is.

Personally, I hope he comes up to me and tries to kick my ass. it would be worth a black eye just to see him get tossed off the boat.

He says we are all posers, 99.99% of chicks aren't into metal, and his FB profile says he graduated from "Independently Wealthy".

:smoking:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:51 pm

thanks for the summary
    I wouldn't have the nerves to read through all that crap (and I wouldn't even care enough to do so :D )
    nonetheless, I was curious to find out what was going on...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:52 pm

That whole thing with that Bill idiot should have been ignored by all, all it did was feed his flames higher. I do not even think he will be on the cruise personally. He is just some guy that likes to act tough behind a computer. I actually felt sick reading his duplicate posts the whole time, STFU, "son", etc. He must have been on drugs or totally psychotic or both.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Hey Simon... I know how much you love your Judas Priest covers (okay so maybe the other way round but still ;))

Holy Grail - Exciter
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:56 pm

stoverkill wrote:99.99% of chicks aren't into metal

That is a FACT. Anyone that disputes it will be insulted, threatened, and blocked. :twisted:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:57 pm

LESS TALK ABOUT WOMEN, MORE TALK ABOUT HOLY GRAIL!!

The new song is fantastic ('Ride the Void'). And I think they're one of those bands that's difficult to not like. There's elements there for all sorts of metal fans. Very thrashy/speed metal-type riffage, fantastic vocals that both power metal and thrash metal fans would enjoy, and some real heavy stuff (especially on the newer album). The guys said the new album was inspired a lot by Amon Amarth and Swashbuckle and heavier melodies and stuff.
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:58 pm

EvilDan wrote:

That is a FACT. Anyone that disputes it will be insulted, threatened, and blocked. :twisted:

POSER!! :lol:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Pamela wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:

POSER!! :lol:

I can tell.. I have POSER RADAR :D
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:08 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Hey Simon... I know how much you love your Judas Priest covers (okay so maybe the other way round but still ;))
    Holy Grail - Exciter

way better than the few songs I've listened to so far :P
    thanks Rob
    the thing that drives me nervous is probably what you would call "appealing to thrash-fans"

a few days ago, I discovered an album released in 1984 - it's definitely no masterpiece but I like it nevertheless
    I can't even describe why I dislike the vocalist of Holy Grail and why I like this one so much more:
    SteelTower - Hell and Fire
    http://youtu.be/cwmXWjuvkSc
    wishlist '20:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi everyone!
    My name is Speedy and I'm a poser. I have short hair, can often be seen in clothes that aren't black, and I have never sacrificed any virgins to Satan. :evil:
    For some unknown reason I find myself going to metal shows. Image
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Ecliptica wrote:The guys said the new album was inspired a lot by Amon Amarth and Swashbuckle and heavier melodies and stuff.

:|

I didnt mind the new song I listened to but we did end up walking out of their set a year or two ago when they were opening for someone. Just cant really get into them too much, but I wont turn down a pool set if there isnt anything else going on.
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Speedy wrote:Hi everyone!
    My name is Speedy and I'm a poser. I have short hair, can often be seen in clothes that aren't black, and I have never sacrificed any virgins to Satan. :evil:
    For some unknown reason I find myself going to metal shows. Image

You pay thousands of dollars just to prove your metalness even though you are just a lowly poser? Oh god..... I'M A POSER TOO!!!! :cry:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:18 pm

99.99% of chicks aren't into metal

Good thing I married one of the 00.01% :beerwink:
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Ecliptica wrote:LESS TALK ABOUT WOMEN, MORE TALK ABOUT HOLY GRAIL!!

The new song is fantastic ('Ride the Void'). And I think they're one of those bands that's difficult to not like. There's elements there for all sorts of metal fans. Very thrashy/speed metal-type riffage, fantastic vocals that both power metal and thrash metal fans would enjoy, and some real heavy stuff (especially on the newer album). The guys said the new album was inspired a lot by Amon Amarth and Swashbuckle and heavier melodies and stuff.

Believe me E when I say I am not ripping on Holy Grail.
    I just listened to Ride The Void, to me it sounds exactly like the other 3 songs I have heard by them.
    You say they are"difficult to not like." I find it easy.
    You say " fantastic vocals that both power metal and thrash metal fans would enjoy".
    I do not like the singer at all. The vocals are the weakest part.
    I am not saying this is a bad band, just that I don't like them.
    I would never post that any band I like would be difficult not to like because as shown on this forum
    peoples tastes differ greatly. And just because you don't like a band or even think they are not metal
    does not mean you think they are bad. Just not to your particular taste.
    Now there are some really bad bands but I stay away from saying so, other than privately.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:27 pm

Ecliptica wrote:LESS TALK ABOUT WOMEN, MORE TALK ABOUT HOLY GRAIL!!

I have to be honest. I've now heard 2 preview songs from the new album and neither move me as much as anything off the first one. And I have to beg to differ with you Greg. I find both the songs far LESS heavy than their older material and almost verging on a kind of 'poppish' sound at times. Vocal production sounds inferior to the other as well. I shouldn't say inferior actually cuz it's clear and strong but I think the vocals were layered a bit differently on the first one giving his voice more punch while it sounds a tad more flat on these two songs. Check this 2nd preview song out and see if you agree or not...

Dark Passenger

Also, I thought the title was a Dexter reference but I don't think the lyrics confirmed that even though I liked the line about Labyrinth of my life ;)

STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:44 pm

meshuggah wrote:99.99% of chicks aren't into metal

I think if you checked the stats you would find over 90% of men are not into metal.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:55 pm

STACH100 wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:99.99% of chicks aren't into metal

I think if you checked the stats you would find over 90% of men are not into metal.

make it 99.4%
    wishlist '20:
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:57 pm

make it 99.4%[/quote]
    You see I am an optimist!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 pm

He was saying 99.99% of the females on the ship weren't into metal. That was in his opening comment that he then spent hours defending :shock:

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:25 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:He was saying 99.99% of the females on the ship weren't into metal. That was in his opening comment that he then spent hours defending :shock:

that's a different statement - and definitely a wrong one
    wishlist '20:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:35 pm

exactly. that is why he is a dolt, nicompoop, sexist, man-bear-pig. I bet he masturbated to all the attention he was getting to his attention-whore self.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Could never get into Holy Grail.It's not that their terrible.But there's nothing the least bit exciting about their songs.
    Karlis
    Oiler

by Karlis » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:06 pm

vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:35 pm

last_candle wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:He was saying 99.99% of the females on the ship weren't into metal. That was in his opening comment that he then spent hours defending :shock:

There was a small bit of good that came out of this though - we now have comedic material to last us until 70K 2016 :lol:

Apparently he sent a threatening message to David Wheelan that he's taken guys down three times his size, had actually hit someone on the first cruise and he got away with it because it was "self defense" as the guy he hit was really drunk. Absolutely terrible. I really hope I don't run into this asshole on the cruise - although I'd LOVE to meet his "hot metal girlfriend, one of the three legitimate metal chicks that will be on the ship" and ask her a big giant:

"WHY? Are the other men from where you're from really that bad that you lowered yourself to that piece of sexist scum?"

Also curious as to what metal she listens to that puts her a cut above the rest of us femme fatales metal wise. Good grief :roll:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:40 pm

last_candle wrote:

So by his logic if we round up there will be one true metal lady onbroad.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:26 pm

I don't recall once on my 2 cruise experiences ever thinking "I need sunscreen" or "I need a towel". You're not even outdoors THAT much if you're mainly there watching bands. I find the whole thing funny. I'm sure most of the women are just rolling their eyes.

I do feel bad for the women going because their husband likes metal and they are just being awesome spouses. Not only do they have to put up w/ music they don't enjoy, now they have to deal w/ suicidesgirl type models handing out dudes "towels" and "sun screen"
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:45 pm

rwalters wrote:I don't recall once on my 2 cruise experiences ever thinking "I need sunscreen" or "I need a towel". You're not even outdoors THAT much if you're mainly there watching bands. I find the whole thing funny. I'm sure most of the women are just rolling their eyes.

I do feel bad for the women going because their husband likes metal and they are just being awesome spouses. Not only do they have to put up w/ music they don't enjoy, now they have to deal w/ suicidesgirl type models handing out dudes "towels" and "sun screen"

I like this post rwalters. :cheers: As one of the relatively few (?) women who digs metal and my significant other does NOT (although we share music tastes on roughly 80-90% of all the other music I love from classic rock to 80s New Wave to ambient/trance to classical)....I can see how the "non-metal" WIFE or s.o. might be teed-off at this extra "T & A." Having said that, I would never dream of bringing my spouse (or trying to talk him into going) to something that he wasn't into in the first place....for me that's a no-brainer. We do enough other trips and enjoy enough other common interests the 99% rest of the time. :P

I didn't want to bog down this thread with my more detailed opinion on the 70K "pool girls" - so I posted it here. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=693&start=3720
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:47 pm

rwalters wrote:I don't recall once on my 2 cruise experiences ever thinking "I need sunscreen" or "I need a towel". You're not even outdoors THAT much if you're mainly there watching bands. I find the whole thing funny. I'm sure most of the women are just rolling their eyes.

My wife will be going on her 3rd cruise. She usually likes about 3 bands.
    But still enjoys going, mainly because she likes looking at all of us LOL!
    That and we spend 4 days in Miami!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:53 pm

mooyagi wrote:Non-FB users can actually read that thread. I skimmed much of it and it was ridiculous. :lol:

Can we have a bonus workshop on broad where all the players read their posts out loud for everyone? That would be highly entertaining.

umm I don't think I'd like to read aloud any of my posts :lol: :lol: :oops:
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:55 pm

Holy shit, that Facebook thread took forever to read!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:57 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Holy shit, that Facebook thread took forever to read!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I started reading it at 2:05 am and finished at 3:55 am. I am soooooooo sleepy , half the time my eyes bugged out when I read the posted PM's he sent. Ummmm so its ok to threaten bodily harm on facebook ? Someone should have reported his ass.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:58 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I started reading it at 2:05 am and finished at 3:55 am. I am soooooooo sleepy , half the time my eyes bugged out when I read the posted PM's he sent. Ummmm so its ok to threaten bodily harm on facebook ? Someone should have reported his ass.

That's what I was thinking. Forwarding his PMs to UMC
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Laura wrote:

I like this post rwalters. :cheers: As one of the relatively few (?) women who digs metal and my significant other does NOT (although we share music tastes on roughly 80-90% of all the other music I love from classic rock to 80s New Wave to ambient/trance to classical)....I can see how the "non-metal" WIFE or s.o. might be teed-off at this extra "T & A." Having said that, I would never dream of bringing my spouse (or trying to talk him into going) to something that he wasn't into in the first place....for me that's a no-brainer. We do enough other trips and enjoy enough other common interests the 99% rest of the time. :P

I didn't want to bog down this thread with my more detailed opinion on the 70K "pool girls" - so I posted it here. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=693&start=3720

If your spouse is cool with you taking a $2000+ trip every year without him, then more power to you :) That isn't the case for me and I'm sure for others on the boat.

What Stach is saying about spending extra time in Miami and buying her shit at port generally helps. That's what I had to do.
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:08 pm

Correct Rwalters!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Stach,

Did your wife have a small panic attack on your first cruise when you first said "and next year......"
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:58 pm

rwalters wrote:Stach,

Did your wife have a small panic attack on your first cruise when you first said "and next year......"

Surprisingly no!
    I was very pleased when she said she would go again.
    It really helped that Grave Digger was onbroad one of Sue's favorites.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:03 pm

The pool girls exist so that the band members aren't going to try to sleep with the paying customers, duh.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:11 pm

rwalters wrote:
    Laura wrote:

If your spouse is cool with you taking a $2000+ trip every year without him, then more power to you :) That isn't the case for me and I'm sure for others on the boat.

What Stach is saying about spending extra time in Miami and buying her shit at port generally helps. That's what I had to do.

rwalters - all this time I assumed you went on these cruises sans spouse like some of my friends and 70K alums Robb K, Kevin and Mike (soundcurve) to name a few. Their wives are presumably cool with that, so why wouldn't/couldn't a husband be as well? :P In my case, we're both professional people who work full time and are (within reason of course) independent in the way we choose to spend certain amounts of discretionary time & money. That has worked quite well for us for 23 years of marriage and I can't imagine my marriage any other way, but I realize every situation/relationship is unique. Having said that, part of the reason I'm skipping 70K this go round is that I'm funneling those funds (if you will) toward a special trip with one of our daughters this year - still a "me" trip in a way, but of a different sort.

No offense meant by what I said if in any way it came off that way. :cheers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:19 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:

That's what I was thinking. Forwarding his PMs to UMC

I think someone probably already did report him? Either that or he was afraid his Chuck Norris bravado wasn't flying with anyone and he's hiding so he deleted his account, 'cause I can't see his comments anymore.
    Last edited by doomguy on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Post Reply 4880 posts