Post Reply 4880 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Megathread
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Last Chance To Vote For METAL CHURCH's Setlist

by broegaard » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:49 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:I was at a bar last night, and I'm usually not one to impart my musical tastes on people, but I found a jukebox that had Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys in there, so I paid a dollar and watched everyone suffer listening to metal for 14 minutes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I do that a lot with long ass songs. Ill make people suffer through Symphony X- The Odyssey and Opeth- Black Rose Immortal. Needless to say every time i play Opeth no one in the bar is happy. If im paying a dollar for music I will play the longest shit I can find on the jukebox. Good runner ups are always 2112 and some live version of inagaddadavida that is close to 20 minues.

Green Carnation's "Light Of day, Day Of Darkness" it is, then

Compared to the 2011 and 2012 lineup which Grade you give the 2013. (0-10)..

2011 - 9,5
    2012 - 8,5
    2013 - 6,5
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Laura wrote:
    AnacrusisVOX wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:So yeah - maybe someone like a Vicious Rumors, Massacre or Diamond Plate actually got asked to be on broad around this time last year, as they could get their shit to Miami with only 2 weeks notice, but there is no way those European bands could.

Well, we couldn't have done it on that short of notice either and we're only in St. Louis. However, for a regularly touring band it is not that big of an issue even from overseas if all have visas and since most of the equipment is shared. I only booked our flights a few days ago.

For the record, last year Andy had contacted me and also Vicious Rumors MANY months before (we discussed it in Belgium in August when we played together). Andy may well have gotten "OKs" for several bands, but not officially invited them until late in the game.

What would be the point in holding bigger bands (that might sell tickets) until it's too late for fans to book their travel? The idea here is for them to make money from this, right?

I don't know if anyone understands the logic (or illogic) of the way UMC announces bands for the cruises! If they announced some "big-gun" this late in the game, I'd be very surprized though.

I really don't understand, I am on the fence. I went in 2012 but I am waiting to see more confirmations. I think this year is a week lineup not worth 3.000 $ (mine/my wife/plane tkt/hotel for 1 day in Miami.
    metal4ever
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:12 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:I was at a bar last night, and I'm usually not one to impart my musical tastes on people, but I found a jukebox that had Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys in there, so I paid a dollar and watched everyone suffer listening to metal for 14 minutes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I do that a lot with long ass songs. Ill make people suffer through Symphony X- The Odyssey and Opeth- Black Rose Immortal. Needless to say every time i play Opeth no one in the bar is happy. If im paying a dollar for music I will play the longest shit I can find on the jukebox. Good runner ups are always 2112 and some live version of inagaddadavida that is close to 20 minues.

i like it
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:54 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Green Carnation's "Light Of day, Day Of Darkness" it is, then

Indeed. A song found in many jukeboxes :lol: :lol:

BEFORE THE CRUISE, I WOULD'VE RANKED THE LINEUPS AS:
    2011 -- 9 / 10 (10/10 bands [at that time] -- Sonata Arctica, Ensiferum, Tyr)
    2012 -- 7 / 10 (10/10 bands -- Orphaned Land, Edguy, Kamelot, Alestorm)
    2013 -- 10/10 (10/10 bands -- Angra, Tyr, Ensiferum, Arkona, Sabaton, Holy Grail)

The only other "10/10" bands for me are Metsatoll, Svartsot, Avantasia, and Powerwolf.
    I could throw Moonsorrow in there now (I had never seen them live prior to the cruise) but not pre-2012.
    Last edited by Ecliptica on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:40 pm

VorpalBunny wrote:We need a running order in time for Pamela to print out two copies, highlighting where she will be...

I then need to pin one of those copies to myself so whenever I get lost, people can grudgingly return me. Of course it's possible she may not WANT me returned... :party:

Who else is going to keep me in trouble?? :party:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:41 am

I would rate the three cruises as follows:

2011 -- 10/10 ('perfect 10' bands - Dark Tranquillity, Tyr, Ensiferum, Sabaton, Sonata Arctica, Epica, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, Amon Amarth)
    2012 -- 8/10 ('perfect 10' bands - Eluveitie, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Kamelot, Alestorm, Edguy, Therion)
    2013 -- 9.5/10 ('perfect 10' bands - Lacuna Coil, Sabaton, Ensiferum, Dragonforce, Helloween, Gotthard, Tyr, Delain)

'perfect 10' bands remaining that I'd love to see on broad: Magnum, Within Temptation, Van Canto, Powerwolf, Bloodbound, Avantasia, Amaranthe, Xandria.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    metal_steve
    Petty Officer

by metal_steve » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:49 am

I was at a bar last night, and I'm usually not one to impart my musical tastes on people, but I found a jukebox that had Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys in there, so I paid a dollar and watched everyone suffer listening to metal for 14 minutes.

That's blown my mind!! Is this jukebox in San Francisco?
    Is there any decent metal clubs in San Fran? I have 3 days there on the way home :cheers:
    This ship needs more gothic, symphonic, female fronted bands, but I can handle some THRASH!!!

Find me onbroad @ Doro Sabaton Lacuna Coil In Flames Nile Dragonforce Rage Anacrusis
    Helloween Delain Gotthard Kreator Angra Metal Church Tiamat Vika Yermolyeva Lizzy Borden
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:08 am

cowboy71 wrote:I would rate the three cruises as follows:

My list would go like this:

3*10: Arsis, Epica, Twilight of the Gods
    2*9: Malevolent Creation, The Absence
    5*0 (no interest in seeing)
    6*10: Atheist, Candlemass, Cannibal Corpse, God Dethroned, My Dying Bride, Pestilence
    5*9: Moonsorrow, Nightwish, Samael, Suffocation, Therion
    10*0
    3*10: Delain, Immolation, Nile
    2*9: Lacuna Coil, Sinister
    12*0

So, if I only look at the 9s and 10s, the lineup is as good/bad as the first 70k. But, The first cruise I had only like five bands I wanted to avoid seeing. The second cruise had about ten such bands, but there were more nines and tens to balance the lineup. For the 2013 cruise I already have twelve bands I try to avoid, so with only five 9 or 10 ranking bands, the overall lineup is terrible.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 am

AnacrusisVOX wrote:
    What would be the point in holding bigger bands (that might sell tickets) until it's too late for fans to book their travel? The idea here is for them to make money from this, right?

One reason I could think of, is that maybe a band would explicitly request it, if maybe they didn't want a bunch of their rabid fans on broad and would rather play to a more diverse crowd.

But yeah - as others have said, we can never in a million years figure out Andy-logic.

Appreciate your candour by the way!!! - fascinating to get a first-hand account of some of the behind-the-scenes machinations :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:34 am

Adding in the memnoch method:
    2011 -- 10/10 ('perfect 10' bands - Dark Tranquillity, Tyr, Ensiferum, Sabaton, Sonata Arctica, Epica, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, Amon Amarth), two 8s (Saxon, Finntroll), 21 zeroes
    2012 -- 8/10 ('perfect 10' bands - Eluveitie, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Kamelot, Alestorm, Edguy, Therion), three 8s (Tristania, Hammerfall, Amorphis) 21 zeroes
    2013 -- 9.5/10 ('perfect 10' bands - Lacuna Coil, Sabaton, Ensiferum, Dragonforce, Helloween, Gotthard, Tyr, Delain), one 9 (Holy Grail) 5 zeroes

So this year has FAAAAR less zeroes - I'm guessing if the last batch of announcements is predominantly filler the zero figure will jump into double figures by the time we have 42 bands. Its still gonna be half the number of previous years.

2011 gets a 10 even with half the lineup zeroes, because that was part of what made it perfect. 10s I'd never seen to that point live (Tyr, Sabaton, Epica, Amon Amarth) plus a bunch I didn't care about so I could see everyone I wanted to, twice.

This year is not quite perfect as only one 10 I've yet to see live (Delain), and a shitload of bands that rate in the 'I'll see a set' group - Anacrusis, Metal Church, Kreator, Tiamat, Arkona, etc etc. So yeah - its close to perfect, but not quite.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:38 am

^Seems that we only agree on the girlie bands. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:41 am

Memnoch wrote:^Seems that we only agree on the girlie bands. :lol:

LOL yeah pretty much!!!

I don't go for much of the heavier stuff - I like some heavier stuff like Amon Amarth and Dark Tranquillity, but if I were define my taste in order of genre preference it would probably be: female-fronted symphonic (Delain, WT, Epica, Nightwish, etc), followed by power metal, followed by folk metal, followed by 80s hard rock, followed by melodeath.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:45 am

And I have no interest in any of those genres. Well, of course, there are some exceptions, but generally no, not into them. My favourite genres are technical death metal, death metal, grindcore (leaning more to the death-grind and goregrind than the punkier or hc side), doom metal and black metal. Girlie bands fall somewhere between death and grind, except the likes of Epica who go between tech death and death.
    Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:28 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:they don't need work visas though

if you're from a visa waiver coutnry, all you need in an ESTA filled in and you can come as a tourist for up to 3 months, so if you then only play on the boat, no visa needed.

Really? I thought that because it was a "closed loop" cruise that a visa was required.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:38 am

wow. tough crowd.

:P
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:16 am

Skipper hasn't been online for almost three days....

Maybe he's busy trying to get our last eight bands booked .....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:22 am

cowboy71 wrote:Skipper hasn't been online for almost three days....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    That's a good joke isn't it ?

I have no problems if there will be only 32 bands on board. :party:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:41 am

jodionline wrote:

If we are only getting 32 bands it would be nice to be told have UMC say so.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:57 am

STACH100 wrote:If we are only getting 32 bands it would be nice to be told have UMC say so.

If there is one certain truth about this cruise, it's that we WILL have 40 bands. It's in the contract.

And I can't believe not one person got the joke on my meme. Didn't ANYONE see the Godfather??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMBuEOLN4L0
    SURVIVOR:

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    jodionline wrote:

I would have big issues, but will not happen, 40 bands will be booked and announced, and less we have a last minute cancellations as for BTH, at least 40 bands will play.

And I still hope for more heavy/brutal bands.

More melodic death in particular.

Will not have big issues if the last bands announced are nothing I want, but will be a bit annoyed at previous "promises" that the variety would not change.

It was looking doubtful for barge for a while but even after hypocrisy cancelling they still had 41 bands. I have no doubt we will have at least 40 bands for 70k.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:15 am

metal_steve wrote:I was at a bar last night, and I'm usually not one to impart my musical tastes on people, but I found a jukebox that had Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys in there, so I paid a dollar and watched everyone suffer listening to metal for 14 minutes.

That's blown my mind!! Is this jukebox in San Francisco?
    Is there any decent metal clubs in San Fran? I have 3 days there on the way home :cheers:

Not necessarily "metal clubs", but just random bars that happen to have these in the jukeboxes. And, yes, in San Francisco :-)

When are you going to be here?! We'll absolutely have to meet up post-cruise AND THEN TALK ABOUT THE CRUISE INCESSANTLY AND ANNOY EVERYONE AROUND US!!
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:I would have big issues, but will not happen, 40 bands will be booked and announced, and less we have a last minute cancellations as for BTH, at least 40 bands will play.

And I still hope for more heavy/brutal bands.

More melodic death in particular.

Will not have big issues if the last bands announced are nothing I want, but will be a bit annoyed at previous "promises" that the variety would not change.

Same here. I don't think this lineup sucks, but to me it's pretty imbalanced.
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:19 am

27% of the line up is great!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:21 am

:bitch:
    SURVIVOR:

STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:28 am

stoverkill wrote::bitch:

LOL I wasn't complaining.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:32 am

STACH100 wrote:
    stoverkill wrote::bitch:

LOL I wasn't complaining.

Sigh. I know you weren't. I WAS.

Here, maybe at least one person will get the reference on this one, seeing how my Godfather reference was too obscure on the last one. :roll:

SURVIVOR:

DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Stover, this one is pretty good, but you're Aliens one was utterly superb. Keep it coming until they announce some more THRAAASH!!
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:24 pm

I predict we'll get two announcements today.
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Ecliptica wrote:I predict we'll get two announcements today.

How high will the stock market go?
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:38 pm

SURVIVOR:

STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Stoverkill you can always throw the bands you don't like overbroad and watch them Thrash! :shred:
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:56 pm

SURVIVOR:

Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:05 pm

the "mostly" one is still my favorite
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:07 pm

SURVIVOR:

Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:17 pm

YES
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Nice work indeed Stover :D

Now 3 days and 30 minutes since Andy was last on the forum. GRRRR!!!! Announce the lineup!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:21 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Nice work indeed Stover :D

Now 3 days and 30 minutes since Andy was last on the forum. GRRRR!!!! Announce the lineup!

do it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:39 pm

excellent Stover. More Thrash!!! :shred: :death:

as for why to wait for major band announcements? I believe it is not to sell tix for this year's cruise, but to create hype for next years sales. if you announce a huge band after most have bought their tix, then next year everyone will want to buy early to beat the crowd. this is how coachella rakes in tons of dough and immediate sell-outs. same with Wacken. I would buy a ticket to Wacken before a single band was announced. selling tix earlier makes easier business plannings. ...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. :smoking:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:52 pm

athun wrote:excellent Stover. More Thrash!!! :shred: :death:

as for why to wait for major band announcements? I believe it is not to sell tix for this year's cruise, but to create hype for next years sales. if you announce a huge band after most have bought their tix, then next year everyone will want to buy early to beat the crowd. this is how coachella rakes in tons of dough and immediate sell-outs. same with Wacken. I would buy a ticket to Wacken before a single band was announced. selling tix earlier makes easier business plannings. ...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. :smoking:

THAT, is a very good point!!!

"Holy shit they announced Iron Maiden at the last minute for 70K 2013! I'm gonna get my 2014 ticket as soon as they go on sale!!!!"

Look at the Wacken cruise - they just announced AVANTASIA, even though the cruise is practically sold-out.

Not that I would expect Maiden, but I do have hopes of 1 or 2 'top tier' bands in the remaining 8 still.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • AnacrusisVOX
    Petty Officer

by AnacrusisVOX » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:54 pm

athun wrote:excellent Stover. More Thrash!!! :shred: :death:

Good theory, but haven't sales been lower each year? Most festivals have the line-up announced many months in advance.
  • Post Reply 4880 posts