Post Reply 4880 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Last Chance To Vote For METAL CHURCH's Setlist

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:58 pm

Nah - sales have been up and down.

First year - almost sold out
    Second year - COMPLETELY sold out (17th Jan 2012)
    Third year - hmmmm guessing maybe 75% sold out?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Dreamers!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Me thinks someone needs to sponsor AnacrusisVOX and send him to the nearest higher learning institution that offers Pillarosophy 101 :P

Clearly he's trying to apply logic where history has shown that little exists ;)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:41 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Me thinks someone needs to sponsor AnacrusisVOX and send him to the nearest higher learning institution that offers Pillarosophy 101 :P

Clearly he's trying to apply logic where history has shown that little exists ;)

Poor naive, man.

I think we need to link him to that old post where Andy basically said 'dont try and figure me out. I do things my way, like it or not' :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:19 pm

athun wrote:excellent Stover. More Thrash!!! :shred: :death:

as for why to wait for major band announcements? I believe it is not to sell tix for this year's cruise, but to create hype for next years sales. if you announce a huge band after most have bought their tix, then next year everyone will want to buy early to beat the crowd. this is how coachella rakes in tons of dough and immediate sell-outs. same with Wacken. I would buy a ticket to Wacken before a single band was announced. selling tix earlier makes easier business plannings. ...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. :smoking:

I hadn't thought of it this way but that does make some sense
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:22 pm

stoverkill wrote:Image

Nice one. One of my childhood favourites, when I was growing up, I wasn't tortured with lame ass childrens cartoons, I had action and sci-fi :D My parents rule. Possibly the greatest and most moving death soliloquy in movie history, improvised by Rutger Hauer.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Quoting Kate
    "I hadn't thought of it this way but that does make some sense"
    Sorry It makes no sense! To wait till the last minute to announce a major band in order to get
    interest in the following years cruise is ridiculous. Major bands get people right from the beginning.
    You have tickets sold and fever burning. There is no advantage to loading your big guns too late in
    the game. If this ( may it be true) is the plan UMC marketing needs wholesale cleansing.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 pm

STACH100 wrote:Quoting Kate
    Sorry It makes no sense! To wait till the last minute to announce a major band in order to get
    interest in the following years cruise is ridiculous. Major bands get people right from the beginning.
    You have tickets sold and fever burning. There is no advantage to loading your big guns too late in
    the game. If this ( may it be true) is the plan UMC marketing needs wholesale cleansing.

I do not think they really care! They got us coming back over and over again. They know they got a good thing going
    I really thought we would get another band today but I will not complain.

Round 4 coming soon:)
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    metal_steve
    Petty Officer

by metal_steve » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 pm

My business acumen would be to rake in as much ca$h as soon as possible by announcing your major attractions and get the $$$ into interest bearing term deposit accounts and make the money work for YOU.

Suitcase is packed!
    Music player is loaded for the looong flight.
    Now onto charging camera batteries....
    This ship needs more gothic, symphonic, female fronted bands, but I can handle some THRASH!!!

Find me onbroad @ Doro Sabaton Lacuna Coil In Flames Nile Dragonforce Rage Anacrusis
    Helloween Delain Gotthard Kreator Angra Metal Church Tiamat Vika Yermolyeva Lizzy Borden
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:01 am

Yep, my camera batteries are charging, I've cleared all my memory cards to ensure I've got plenty of room for photos and videos.

The VERY important task of which shirts to pack is yet to be fully conducted - there will definitely be a Magnum shirt, the Sabaton Australian tour shirt, but what else is yet to be decided.

Wondering how the rest of the announcements will play out? Here is what I think:

US SCOUTING PARTY - Currently on the North American West Coast. There will be another band from around there, then probably 2 more (maybe one on the way to Miami, and one from Miami). Wouldn't be surprised if Demon Hunter was one of them.
    EUROPEAN SCOUTING PARTY - Currently in Hungary. Will probably head south to Greece to pick up Firewind.
    THE SHIP - Currently setting sail from the Netherlands. Could potentially head over to Ireland to grab Cruachan.

So that gives 5.

Wishful thinking for the remaining 3 on my behalf:
    SHIP - Heads to Ireland via the UK to grab Magnum
    EURO PARTY - Heads to Germany to get any one of Powerwolf/Xandria/Unisonic/Avantasia/Running Wild
    USA - Grabs Trillium
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    metal_steve
    Petty Officer

by metal_steve » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:05 am

Only packing light this time.
    Aussie Sabaton tour shirt is in there but the amount of bands that are playing I like and don't have shirts for will fill my case up quickly!

Weather looking nice as well around 25 - 27 degrees C
    This ship needs more gothic, symphonic, female fronted bands, but I can handle some THRASH!!!

Find me onbroad @ Doro Sabaton Lacuna Coil In Flames Nile Dragonforce Rage Anacrusis
    Helloween Delain Gotthard Kreator Angra Metal Church Tiamat Vika Yermolyeva Lizzy Borden
    VorpalBunny
    Petty Officer

by VorpalBunny » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 am

Have to pack this weekend, as well as finishing packing up my entire apartment. Removalists come this Monday.

Also have about five things due for work... who needs sleep >_>
    Karlis
    Oiler

by Karlis » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 am

After surfing the net I came over a new Canadian band called King Misfit. Bring them on board!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:27 am

cowboy71 wrote:The VERY important task of which shirts to pack is yet to be fully conducted - there will definitely be a Magnum shirt, the Sabaton Australian tour shirt, but what else is yet to be decided.

70000 Tons 2011 shirt
    70000 Tons 2012 shirt
    Barge to Hell shirt

Getting easier and easier to pack! :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:38 am

cowboy71 wrote:Nah - sales have been up and down.

First year - almost sold out
    Second year - COMPLETELY sold out (17th Jan 2012)
    Third year - hmmmm guessing maybe 75% sold out?

You have the entire year to book bands and 10 days prior to departure you are scrambling to find bands? I think that Planning is not the strength of the organizer.....But at the end of the day I hope he sold out I would love to experience the cruise again next year, depending on the line up!!!

I regret not being a part of the 2011 cruise. I was afraid that was a scam....Dark Tranquillity, Amon Amarth, Tyr, Iced Earth, Exodus, Testament, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Sonata........
    metal4ever
    A_minorplayer
    Oiler

by A_minorplayer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 pm

I agree it makes some sense. Selling out before you sign any bands lets you decide how much to spend on those major bands.
    Here is another maybe daft theory though. Get a major band to agree to do the show but don't confirm them. Then wait to see if you do sell out and if so confirm some cheaper bands and save your money.
    If not throw out the big guns and grab what you can.
    Admittedly it seems a bit late already for such tactics.
    Anathema, Immortal, Septic Flesh, Satyricon, Anathema, Six Feet Under, Soulfly, Anathema, Atrocity, Morbid Angel, Autopsy, Anathema, Entombed, Fleshgod Apocalypse, the Sword, Rotting Christ, Gojira, Oh and Anathema
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:42 pm

What I disliked the most about some bands being announced very late on 70K 2011 & 2012 was that it didn't give me sufficient time in my view to properly check them out beforehand if I wasn't already familiar with them. The most extreme example of this for me was Candlemass who I believe was announced just a few days before the cruise last year. I knew of their name and their fame only, yet had never taken the time to listen to them before - so I really had to scramble in the 11th hour so to speak to familiarize myself with the music. I did very much enjoy seeing them on the cruise regardless, but probably would have appreciated them even more had I done a more thorough listening of their music and reading about their history and such beforehand. That's my typical hard-core, thorough approach* I take when I know I'm going to see a band I don't know at a festival or as an opener to a headline gig....well, and it takes time!! :P If I was going on this month's cruise - and considering there are still 8 bands to announce - my attitude at this point might likely be: awww - screw it. :beerwink: So, in this way - I think the late announcements are as much a disservice to those bands, as it is to the cruisers.

*that is the librarian in me speaking since for me it becomes like a very enjoyable "research project" to check out a new (to me) band.
    Last edited by Laura on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    A_minorplayer
    Oiler

by A_minorplayer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:53 pm

Very good point.
    But I think the most important thing for the bands would be how much you looked into and followed up on them AFTER the cruise.
    Anathema, Immortal, Septic Flesh, Satyricon, Anathema, Six Feet Under, Soulfly, Anathema, Atrocity, Morbid Angel, Autopsy, Anathema, Entombed, Fleshgod Apocalypse, the Sword, Rotting Christ, Gojira, Oh and Anathema
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:59 pm

A_minorplayer wrote:Very good point.
    But I think the most important thing for the bands would be how much you looked into and followed up on them AFTER the cruise.

I think the pre *and* post-cruise can both be important, because in many cases I bought music by the bands unfamiliar to me before the cruise. As far as after or post-cruise goes - good point as well because there are bands that I have continued to "support" by seeing them live again in my hometown of Chicago, buying more of their music, and so on.

But, going back to wanting to know what bands are playing well in advance of the sail date, is that for me, knowing as much as possible (music, biography, history, and sometimes even genre-wise) about the various bands before I see them (if I make it a priority to see them) often increases my enjoyment a great deal - but that's just one of my idiosyncrasies. That's not to say though that I can't enjoy a band live totally "cold" - because I have had that happen as well on the cruise and elsewhere.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Absolutely right.

And the other issue I have, besides the lack of time to fully discover if you like a band if you have next to no time to check them out beforehand. Is that for an Aussie like me - this cruise may be the only chance I'll get to see said band.

What if Andy does indeed have the whole lineup locked in already, and announces some awesome bands Friday when I'm on a plane to the US? I'll probably only find out about it from someone else, and certainly won't have time to listen to any bands I don't know beforehand.

If Sabaton had of got announced this late for the first cruise I probably never would have even bothered checking them out at all!!! Instead, we had months to fall in love with them.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    A_minorplayer
    Oiler

by A_minorplayer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm in the same boat :oops:
    From South Africa this is probably (hope beyond hope not) this IS the only chance I'll get to see most of these bands. HELLOWEEN and DORO I know by name and reputation but never got into but can't wait to see their shows. LIZZY BORDEN I've never heard of and like you say don't have the time to get familiar with but am interested so my entire opinion rests on their show which is really exciting.
    Been watching the SLEEP?thread and I keep thinking 'but I want to see EVERY show' however impossible\impractical that is. Regardless of how well I know them. Yes I'll probably enjoy the bands I know that much more but wishing for surprises.
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:01 pm

A_minorplayer wrote:I'm in the same boat :oops:
    From South Africa this is probably (hope beyond hope not) this IS the only chance I'll get to see most of these bands. HELLOWEEN and DORO I know by name and reputation but never got into but can't wait to see their shows. LIZZY BORDEN I've never heard of and like you say don't have the time to get familiar with but am interested so my entire opinion rests on their show which is really exciting.
    Been watching the SLEEP?thread and I keep thinking 'but I want to see EVERY show' however impossible\impractical that is. Regardless of how well I know them. Yes I'll probably enjoy the bands I know that much more but wishing for surprises.

You will be fine. Cruise 1 I missed some bands I really wanted to see but I saw 27 sets!
    This time with the line up being not as good I will watch 2 sets from each band I am interested in.
    And still have extra time, not running as much LOL.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:03 pm

If I can recall I saw 1 time:
    Alestorm
    Amorphis
    Channel Zero
    Children of Bodom
    Coroner
    Grave Digger
    In Extremo
    My Dying Bride
    Samael
    Tankard
    Tristania
    Exciter
    Megora

I saw twice:
    Annihilator
    Virgin Steele
    Kamelot
    Pretty Maids
    Edguy
    Eluveitie
    Nightwish
    Overkill
    Hammerfall
    Riot
    Sapience
    Stratovarius
    Therion
    Orphaned Land

Total: 41 gigs

Maybe I missed 1 song from some gig or so. Going from 1 place to the other....
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:14 pm

STACH100 wrote:Quoting Kate

It is a festival that you need to plan and travel in advance to get there. You cannot miss the first morning or day for example!(buy plane tickets, hotel for 1 night, sometimes Visa). A major annoucement days before departure only grabs SUPER DIE HARD fan who access the site every day and that can take the time off suddenly...........
    metal4ever
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:30 pm

I've only managed to catch around 25ish full sets each cruise. Probably could have done a few more but I enjoy doing meet-and-greets so that eats into potential gig-time.

I was just thinking, five of our top 10 most-requested bands (Helloween, Kreator, Arkona, Turisas, Hypocrisy) have already been added to either 70k 2013 or BTH (yes Hypocrisy had to pull out, but lets forget that for the sake of this).

The remaining five bands are: Accept, Immortal, King Diamond, Running Wild, Symphony X

Would be nice if a couple of those were in the remaining 8, but that would definitely be batshit crazy to announce someone as big as that at this stage.....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    VorpalBunny
    Petty Officer

by VorpalBunny » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:53 pm

So... about those final few band announcements... you don't think we'll be clearly short of 40 bands because the Rage Orchestra takes up much more room than a normal band do you?
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 am

Yeah, I think I've done 25 and 27 full sets the past two years. Only meet-and-greet I went to was Hammerfall because there was nothing else going on at that time and still didn't get a lot of sleep. I can't imagine doing more than 27 full sets; 41 is insane.

No one is booking at this point for an expensive cruise next week, let's get that thought out of our heads. There's no "strategy" to announcing big name bands this late less making already paying customers happy. Again, I don't understand the marketing tactics, but I'm not questioning it.

UMC, if you're listening and willing to relocate me to Vancouver, I'll completely run your marketing strategy/HR/customer services :cool: :cool:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:09 am

VorpalBunny wrote:So... about those final few band announcements... you don't think we'll be clearly short of 40 bands because the Rage Orchestra takes up much more room than a normal band do you?

NOPE - NO chance.

Advertised EVERYWHERE in the media and on the website that it is to be 40 bands. Anything less than that would elicit a massive backlash that it would be very difficult to recover from I think.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:33 am

Maybe Andy has Dyscalculia.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 am

So comparing to previous years, what sort of announcements did we get with 8 days to go?

NONE - we knew the full lineup 15th Jan, sailed 25th Jan

15 JAN Vicious Rumors
    19 JAN Massacre
    20 JAN Candlemass, Megora, Diamond Plate
    Sailed 23rd Jan
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:48 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:I'll take Candlemass again, thanks.

Or Krux perhaps?

If we talking about Swedes band i take vomitory thank You very mutch
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:54 am

I'll take none of the above :P

Can I expect an announcement when I wake in the morning? If there was one, it would be unusual.

The only announcement for 70k 2013 on a Monday morning Brisbane-time was the recent Inquisition announcement.

I'm expecting a two or three band announcement Tuesday, with the remainder of the lineup announced Thursday or Friday.

But to have an announcement, we need a skipper. And he hasn't been on the forum for almost 5 days now.

If this had of happened on the first cruise, we would have thought for sure we'd been had!!! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    VorpalBunny
    Petty Officer

by VorpalBunny » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:14 am

There are only two announcements which would raise my excitement right now. One is mildly possible, one is near impossible. The latter would not just raise my excitement but probably explode my brain.

More than anything I'm just curious who fills out the line-up at this stage.
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:21 am

Butt gnoff we have only (3) death metal band so more is needed, but I am a realist and I understand that it's not going to happen, but fortunately spring is this little event:
    http://www.steelfest.fi/
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:27 am

And there are currently (0) doom bands....

2019 Wishlist:
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:36 am

Ecliptica wrote:Yeah, I think I've done 25 and 27 full sets the past two years. Only meet-and-greet I went to was Hammerfall because there was nothing else going on at that time and still didn't get a lot of sleep. I can't imagine doing more than 27 full sets; 41 is insane.

No one is booking at this point for an expensive cruise next week, let's get that thought out of our heads. There's no "strategy" to announcing big name bands this late less making already paying customers happy. Again, I don't understand the marketing tactics, but I'm not questioning it.

UMC, if you're listening and willing to relocate me to Vancouver, I'll completely run your marketing strategy/HR/customer services :cool: :cool:

My thinking was: I came to see metal. I had zero almost zero interaction with other cruisers, only a small amount of beer. Eating was on a small window and fast. No meet and greet, no distractions...:)

I spoke with a good amount of band members: (Nightwish at the casino - going to one place to the other, Eluveitie-While eating in the same table, Pretty Maids-I really looked for this guys,Amorphis-Before the My dying bride gig)
    metal4ever
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:08 pm

:cheers: :beerhorns:
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:49 pm

broegaard wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:My thinking was: I came to see metal. I had zero almost zero interaction with other cruisers, only a small amount of beer. Eating was on a small window and fast. No meet and greet, no distractions...:)

I spoke with a good amount of band members: (Nightwish at the casino - going to one place to the other, Eluveitie-While eating in the same table, Pretty Maids-I really looked for this guys,Amorphis-Before the My dying bride gig)

That's kind of how I was last year -- I don't think I talked to any cruisers less Marlo and randomly running into people for a quick chat in hallways and stuff. This year I'll be more social.

It's mostly because this trip is a time for me to catch up with my best friend, too. This is the only time of the year I see my cabinmate now that we live across the country from one another, so I do a lot of hanging out with him. Still not sure why he doesn't want to join the forums and meet the rest of you ::shrug::
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 pm

If noone makes an announcement I´ll do it: :beerwink:
    Morbid Angel
    Sister Sin
    Fueled by Fire
    Onkel Tom Angelripper
    U.D.O. :bangers: :bangers:
    :shred: :shred: :shred: I leave the last one up to UMC :shred: :shred: :shred:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:08 pm

mgrock wrote:If noone makes an announcement I´ll do it: :beerwink:
    Morbid Angel
    Sister Sin
    Fueled by Fire
    Onkel Tom Angelripper
    U.D.O. :bangers: :bangers:
    :shred: :shred: :shred: I leave the last one up to UMC :shred: :shred: :shred:

you might not be to far off with those picks :cheers: :beerhorns:
Post Reply 4880 posts