Ensign

Re: Last Chance To Vote For METAL CHURCH's Setlist

by meshuggah » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:13 pm

MORBID ANGEL is a Florida band...just saying :metalguy:
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:15 pm

What I have been saying all along is so very true yet it takes till the last days for people to get upset.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:22 pm

STACH100 wrote:What I have been saying all along is so very true yet it takes till the last days for people to get upset.

we've been bitchin' this whole time Stach! HAHAH
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:17 pm

WizardBeast wrote:I guess Andy listens to Drunk Rhia because he obviously doesn't want to announce anything!

I guess this also means we can expect Anathema at some point :D

I hope so! Not holding my breath, though :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:07 pm

SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:12 pm

stoverkill wrote:Image

BEST ONE YET STOVER. My iced tea flew out my nose.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:20 pm

I like the idea of Crimson Glory getting added. I'd be totally down with that.

So since we are not getting any real announcements, lets revisit the possible scenarios:

US SCOUTING PARTY - Currently on the North American West Coast. I'm guessing at least 3 of the remaining bands will be from the USA. My predictions:
    - DEMON HUNTER and/or BATTLECROSS (touring post-cruise with IN FLAMES)
    - TRILLIUM (same label that Seita, Cripper etc are on)
    - CRIMSON GLORY (local Florida band so an 'easy' pickup)

EUROPEAN SCOUTING PARTY - Currently in Hungary. Will probably head south to Greece to pick up:
    - FIREWIND makes sense as they have dates scheduled in the area post-cruise

THE SHIP - Currently setting sail from the Netherlands. Could potentially head over to Ireland to grab:
    - CRUACHAN as they mentioned 70k on facebook

So that gives 6. None of those above names are "huge" so maybe one more 'big' band from Europe, and one more small band from the SAOL label.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:50 pm

Anathema is big enough for me and then I don't need other bands anymore. :D

But I have still serious doubt, that UMC have some problems. We will see. :bangers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 am

jodionline wrote:Anathema is big enough for me and then I don't need other bands anymore. :D

But I have still serious doubt, that UMC have some problems. We will see. :bangers:

If you called Andy out on the issue, he would just respond with "This is how I do things, if you don't like it then don't attend. I never promised you would know all 40 bands months in advance - I just promise 40 bands and that is what I will deliver, etc etc"

It makes no sense, its annoying as all hell, but we just gotta accept it for now.

Not defending this, nor do I agree with it, just sayin'.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:21 am

Danny Cavanagh has gigs in Finland during the cruise, so I'd say Anathema is out.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    jodionline wrote:Anathema is big enough for me and then I don't need other bands anymore. :D

If you called Andy out on the issue, he would just respond with "This is how I do things, if you don't like it then don't attend. I never promised you would know all 40 bands months in advance - I just promise 40 bands and that is what I will deliver, etc etc"

It makes no sense, its annoying as all hell, but we just gotta accept it for now.

Not defending this, nor do I agree with it, just sayin'.

I wouldn't ask him, because this is his thing and I have no interest to discussing his business. I'm sure that we will have a great time with or without 40 bands. See you. :cheers:

jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:49 am

Memnoch wrote:Danny Cavanagh has gigs in Finland during the cruise, so I'd say Anathema is out.

Yes I know. :cry: :D

Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:56 am

5 days, 6-8 bands to announce. Tickets not sold out. I wonder how many potential buyers, including me, decided not to go, because of not knowing the complete lineup weeks or months in advance. If I was to spend about $4000, I want to know exactly what I'm wasting my money on.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 am

Tobbe wrote:5 days, 6-8 bands to announce. Tickets not sold out. I wonder how many potential buyers, including me, decided not to go, because of not knowing the complete lineup weeks or months in advance. If I was to spend about $4000, I want to know exactly what I'm wasting my money on.

I personally don't understand it if they have bands why they don't announce them. When it would be sold out you can make it so. But it isn't sold out. So I think they have other problems.

Wow you will spend 4000$. I calculate with 3.000 - 3.250 $ and that includes 1 week Florida after the cruise.

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:27 am

I'm spending over $10k this year, but that includes my family's (two sisters, nephew, brother-in-law) expenses too.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:47 am

Barge To Hell less than 3 days from sailing, they announced:
    NOVEMBERS DOOM - USA
    VITAL REMAINS - USA
    NECRONOMICON - Canada
    ABIOTIC - USA
    ZANTHROPYA EX - Germany
    DARK SERMON - USA
    BRUJERIA - Mexico

So now that I look at, where the bands are from, how many facebook likes they have, etc, none of those were really 'huge' in anyone's approximation.

So maybe that's all we've got to look forward to? A bunch of shitty American/Canadian bands and maybe 1 or 2 smaller non-US bands.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    THE SHIP - Currently setting sail from the Netherlands. Could potentially head over to Ireland to grab:
    - CRUACHAN as they mentioned 70k on facebook

Everyday, dude. Everyday I wake up wishing they announced Cruachan while I was sleeping. :shock:
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:57 am

Brujeria is from the USA.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:51 am

jodionline wrote:
    Tobbe wrote:5 days, 6-8 bands to announce. Tickets not sold out. I wonder how many potential buyers, including me, decided not to go, because of not knowing the complete lineup weeks or months in advance. If I was to spend about $4000, I want to know exactly what I'm wasting my money on.

I personally don't understand it if they have bands why they don't announce them. When it would be sold out you can make it so. But it isn't sold out. So I think they have other problems.

Wow you will spend 4000$. I calculate with 3.000 - 3.250 $ and that includes 1 week Florida after the cruise.

Cabin: 1400
    Flights: 900
    Hotel, 3 nights: 300-400
    On the Majesty: 400-500
    Miami Beach before the cruise: 500-700
    Ports of call: 100

So $3600-4000.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 am

OK. I see you paid more for the flight and the cabin and I don't think that I will spend so much money in Miami. But we will see. :beerwink:

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:44 am

^^^ Tobbe - yes, it adds up! (Even if one "cheaps out" a bit as I do) ;) Here I was mistakingly remembering I got away with spending way under $2000 but last time for me it was at least $2000 total (and that was with the cheapest 2 person cabin rate, about $275 rt domestic flights, 2 nights hotels, and relatively low on board & on land spending). So, yeah, it is not an "inexpensive" vacation. Having said that - it is a great vacation, but I do understand why some people are sitting this one and perhaps others out (as I am as well). ;) Still considering Barge in 2014 though! (based on at least a few favorites playing and announced early)
    :shred: :D
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 am

SURVIVOR:

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:35 am

SURVIVOR:

Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:42 am

stoverkill wrote:Image

I don't think you will beat this one
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 am

^ That one's my favourite haha. That was from the first round a year or 2 ago.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:46 am

Stained Class wrote:^ That one's my favourite haha. That was from the first round a year or 2 ago.

Yeah some of these are new, some of them are repeats (oldies, but goodies). Some of them were so old that I had to redo them because the fonts were really bad since I wasn't using the meme generator.
    SURVIVOR:

DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:48 am

Glad I'm not the only one asking for kickass thrash announcements. Stover rules.

In all seriousness I keep asking for Razor and Sacrifice because those bands are apparently still active. It should be very possible to get them and they're just amazing bands as well. We need some classic Canadian thrash onbroad! :shred:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:51 am

2 weeks since we got a band. :cry:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:52 am

I can say that if I had known the lineup (assuming the last bands are what I expect them to be) when I booked, I wouldn't have booked. And there are a great many other reasons I should not have booked.

I just need to get there. Then, it'll be fun and games, if not much music (for me).
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:57 am

Same here, I went in 2012. Last week I (my wife included) decided not to go because of the lack of the full cast. With a "weak" (lack of power house bands) line up compared to previous years I am not willing to pay 3000/3500 dolar to see demo tape bands or opening bands.

To spent this kind of money to see smaller bands I want my see smaller bands that I think are GREAT.
    metal4ever
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:10 am

broegaard wrote:

Same here, I went in 2012. Last week I (my wife included) decided not to go because of the lack of the full cast. With a "weak" (lack of power house bands) line up compared to previous years I am not willing to pay 3000/3500 dolar to see demo tape bands or opening bands.

To spent this kind of money to see smaller bands I want my see smaller bands that I think are GREAT.

Yeah, I don't think at this point he's actually expecting to sell more cabins, he just wants to keep his returning customers happy.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:14 am

Stained Class wrote:
    broegaard wrote:

Yeah, I don't think at this point he's actually expecting to sell more cabins, he just wants to keep his returning customers happy.

agree!

I Hope that he sold enough cabins to garantee next year!!
    metal4ever
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:18 am

cowboy71 wrote:Barge To Hell less than 3 days from sailing, they announced:
    NOVEMBERS DOOM - USA
    VITAL REMAINS - USA
    NECRONOMICON - Canada
    ABIOTIC - USA
    ZANTHROPYA EX - Germany
    DARK SERMON - USA
    BRUJERIA - Mexico

So now that I look at, where the bands are from, how many facebook likes they have, etc, none of those were really 'huge' in anyone's approximation.

So maybe that's all we've got to look forward to? A bunch of shitty American/Canadian bands and maybe 1 or 2 smaller non-US bands.

Actually they may not be huge bands but there were some quality announcements in there. I say this time they push it one step further and announce the rest of the bands 2 days from sailing. You know, just to beat their previous record as they did with the noannouncements streak.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:33 am

The Running Order will be announced around 2 weeks before sailing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:35 am

Lala wrote:The Running Order will be announced around 2 weeks before sailing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone want to bet which will be closest? Two days, two hours or two minutes?
    I'm super optimistic, so I'll go for two day. :mrgreen:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:40 am

EvilDan wrote:I can say that if I had known the lineup (assuming the last bands are what I expect them to be) when I booked, I wouldn't have booked. And there are a great many other reasons I should not have booked.

I just need to get there. Then, it'll be fun and games, if not much music (for me).

In a way, this is kinda like a damned if you (here meaning Andy) do, damned if you don't situation regarding announcing the full line up fairly early. As you said, Dan - had you (and I assume there may be at least a few others in this boat - hardy-har) known the full line up early on, you would not have booked...but then again, who knows - the early announcing might have picked up some other folks who are into the line-up as is now). But, then - on the other hand - if Andy announces bands in dribs and drabs (par for the course so far) - then he gets at least some people who will (somewhat) blindly book based on great memories of previous cruise(s) and hoping that the line-up pans out to be favorable to one's tastes.

And then there are clearly those people on & off this forum to whom the line-up is not super critical, because the people, the partying, the warm weather in the dead of winter, and so on make them instant repeat customers. It would be interesting to know how many people actually fall in that category.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:47 am

Laura wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:I can say that if I had known the lineup (assuming the last bands are what I expect them to be) when I booked, I wouldn't have booked. And there are a great many other reasons I should not have booked.

In a way, this is kinda like a damned if you (here meaning Andy) do, damned if you don't situation regarding announcing the full line up fairly early. As you said, Dan - had you (and I assume there may be at least a few others in this boat - hardy-har) known the full line up early on, you would not have booked...but then again, who knows - the early announcing might have picked up some other folks who are into the line-up as is now). But, then - on the other hand - if Andy announces bands in dribs and drabs (par for the course so far) - then he gets at least some people who will (somewhat) blindly book based on great memories of previous cruise(s) and hoping that the line-up pans out to be favorable to one's tastes.

And then there are clearly those people on & off this forum to whom the line-up is not super critical, because the people, the partying, the warm weather in the dead of winter, and so on make them instant repeat customers. It would be interesting to know how many people actually fall in that category.

I understand but at the end of the day this is a business, service, etc. If he wants suspense just don't say how many bands will be on board. Any new annoucement will be cherish by the cruisers
    metal4ever
  • eviljess
    Oiler

by eviljess » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:19 am

i am a first and second time cruiser, but this time i booked early and cancelled somewhat early as well. i may have taken a loss in the pocketbook, but its hard to justify going based on the bands this year. i would love to get back on board, but andy and his crew need to come up with something better. i now sit waiting and wanting to go again, but umc doesnt make it any easier by way of band announcements. the pool girls-please, to many repeats already. seeing hypocrosy yanked off barge at the last minute would have really been a dagger in the heart for me. last minute band fillers are just plain awful. bolt thrower in chaos in tejas is next for me this year. hopefully another 70000 tons of fun cruise is still in my future. amon amarth is laying down trax right now, thats one repeat they could have every year and would sell tix alone. :deathhorns:
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:34 am

eviljess wrote:i am a first and second time cruiser, but this time i booked early and cancelled somewhat early as well. i may have taken a loss in the pocketbook, but its hard to justify going based on the bands this year. i would love to get back on board, but andy and his crew need to come up with something better. i now sit waiting and wanting to go again, but umc doesnt make it any easier by way of band announcements. the pool girls-please, to many repeats already. seeing hypocrosy yanked off barge at the last minute would have really been a dagger in the heart for me. last minute band fillers are just plain awful. bolt thrower in chaos in tejas is next for me this year. hopefully another 70000 tons of fun cruise is still in my future. amon amarth is laying down trax right now, thats one repeat they could have every year and would sell tix alone. :deathhorns:

must see Amon in 2013. Planning to go to one European Festival this year
    metal4ever
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:46 am

UMC did it all backwards! If this was the very first line up, then the 2012 line up and this year the 2011line up UMC would be praised for improving every year.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
Post Reply 4880 posts