Post Reply 4879 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Megathread
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Last Chance To Vote For METAL CHURCH's Setlist

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:33 am

STACH100 wrote:UMC did it all backwards! If this was the very first line up, then the 2012 line up and this year the 2011line up UMC would be praised for improving every year.

People may think that th 2013 is a perfect lineup because they love Viking metal or the bands are more appealing for them but I don't think that anyone can argue that this years is a 'smaller" band cruise.

why?

Difficulty finding "bigger" band willing to stay a week on board
    Increase in cost for individual bands
    They couldn't handle having 2 cruises a month apart (same fans divided in 2 cruises or too much work for the company)
    Wasting time on minor thing like the "pool girls"
    They want more profit

I think the absence of the "sold out" status proves tht they went in a wrong dirrection. BTW Barge was sold out?
    metal4ever
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:36 am

broegaard wrote:
    eviljess wrote:i am a first and second time cruiser, but this time i booked early and cancelled somewhat early as well. i may have taken a loss in the pocketbook, but its hard to justify going based on the bands this year. i would love to get back on board, but andy and his crew need to come up with something better. i now sit waiting and wanting to go again, but umc doesnt make it any easier by way of band announcements. the pool girls-please, to many repeats already. seeing hypocrosy yanked off barge at the last minute would have really been a dagger in the heart for me. last minute band fillers are just plain awful. bolt thrower in chaos in tejas is next for me this year. hopefully another 70000 tons of fun cruise is still in my future. amon amarth is laying down trax right now, thats one repeat they could have every year and would sell tix alone. :deathhorns:

must see Amon in 2013. Planning to go to one European Festival this year

You shouldn't have to leave North America to see Amon Amarth this year. If my information is correct, you may not like who they are playing with.

EDIT: I thought I remembered you were living in Colorado at this time.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:46 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    broegaard wrote:
    eviljess wrote:i am a first and second time cruiser, but this time i booked early and cancelled somewhat early as well. i may have taken a loss in the pocketbook, but its hard to justify going based on the bands this year. i would love to get back on board, but andy and his crew need to come up with something better. i now sit waiting and wanting to go again, but umc doesnt make it any easier by way of band announcements. the pool girls-please, to many repeats already. seeing hypocrosy yanked off barge at the last minute would have really been a dagger in the heart for me. last minute band fillers are just plain awful. bolt thrower in chaos in tejas is next for me this year. hopefully another 70000 tons of fun cruise is still in my future. amon amarth is laying down trax right now, thats one repeat they could have every year and would sell tix alone. :deathhorns:

must see Amon in 2013. Planning to go to one European Festival this year

You shouldn't have to leave North America to see Amon Amarth this year. If my information is correct, you may not like who they are playing with.

EDIT: I thought I remembered you were living in Colorado at this time.

I am current in the US(Denver) but I live in Brazil(returning to base on Feb, 4th).

I really dont care about who will they play with. This year I went to Inflames(opening act for Lamb of God). After the In flames gig I went home...

out of curiosity: what will be the lineup of AA tour?
    metal4ever
  • AnacrusisVOX
    Petty Officer

by AnacrusisVOX » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:57 am

I think the "no repeats" policy could be making it rough too. I know there are a few repeats, but generally the idea was to have 40 new bands a year, right? The 1st crusie was jam-packed with many of my favorites from the '80s like VoiVod, Trouble and nearly every killer Bay Area thrash band I can think of, some great German thrash like Destruction & Sodom, plus Nevermore, Saxon, etc. and those are mostly just the "retro" bands.

I'd think finding 40 totally different bands to commit to a week-long gig (no matter how cool it is) can only be a major challenge by now. By next year it seems like it might be close to impossible.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:59 am

AnacrusisVOX wrote:I think the "no repeats" policy could be making it rough too. I know there are a few repeats, but generally the idea was to have 40 new bands a year, right? The 1st crusie was jam-packed with many of my favorites from the '80s like VoiVod, Trouble and nearly every killer Bay Area thrash band I can think of, some great German thrash like Destruction & Sodom, plus Nevermore, Saxon, etc. and those are mostly just the "retro" bands.

I'd think finding 40 totally different bands to commit to a week-long gig (no matter how cool it is) can only be a major challenge by now. By next year it seems like it might be close to impossible.

I would love to see you guys live!!!

Agree about the Jam packed 2011 cruise. In 2012 I thought that there were a lot of Europeans and older guys like me.

Older bands have a HUGE place in our hearts, even if you dont listen to those bands in a regular base anymore. For example, I have 2 Anacrusis CDs that I pretty much don't listen( :oops: ) anymore but I would love to see live for memory sake!!!!

Last year the final nail in the coffin for me was 2 "smaller" bands (Riot and Pretty Maids). I knew that Mr. Reale was sick and maybe that was the last oportunity to see Riot live. Pretty Maids is a band that was in my Bucket list!
    metal4ever
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:20 am

Andy seems to be smart and brings back the bands that people enjoyed the most! (Tyr, Sabaton, etc)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 am

People also have to keep in mind, the repeats that come back are the ones that had fun! I'm sure many bands have been asked back, but there have got to be a few who didn't enjoy the experience as much as others. For bands like tyr, who were drunk and naked in the pool, clearly they want to some back!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• AnacrusisVOX
    Petty Officer

by AnacrusisVOX » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 am

broegaard wrote:For example, I have 2 Anacrusis CDs that I pretty much don't listen( :oops: ) anymore but I would love to see live for memory sake!!!!

I forgive you ;)

broegaard wrote:I knew that Mr. Reale was sick and maybe that was the last oportunity to see Riot live.

Unfortunately this will probably our last gig as well.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 am

Stained Class wrote:Andy seems to be smart and brings back the bands that people enjoyed the most! (Tyr, Sabaton, etc)

good bands (Tyr is amazing,IMHO) but Tyr was in the US touring this year in the 2rd slot(at least here in denver) of a four band show.

i really don't have a problem in repeating some bands. I could see Tyr, Delain, Dark Tranquillity, Exodus, Nightwish, Amon Amarth, Riot, Pretty Maids, Overkill, Anthrax, In Flames, Gamma Ray, Unisonic every single year/tour)
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 am

AnacrusisVOX wrote:
    broegaard wrote:For example, I have 2 Anacrusis CDs that I pretty much don't listen( :oops: ) anymore but I would love to see live for memory sake!!!!

I forgive you ;)

broegaard wrote:I knew that Mr. Reale was sick and maybe that was the last oportunity to see Riot live.

Unfortunately this will probably our last gig as well.

Back in the days Screams and Whispers was spinning like hell on my stereo
    metal4ever
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:33 am

AnacrusisVOX wrote:Unfortunately this will probably our last gig as well.

That's too bad, because I just recently discovered you guys and started getting into it. It will be a memorable show onbroad!
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
  • AnacrusisVOX
    Petty Officer

by AnacrusisVOX » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:41 am

broegaard wrote:Back in the days Screams and Whispers was spinning like hell on my stereo

I think smilie guy has just about the right tempo for "sound the alaaaaaaarm..." :wank:
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:43 am

broegaard wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Andy seems to be smart and brings back the bands that people enjoyed the most! (Tyr, Sabaton, etc)

good bands (Tyr is amazing,IMHO) but Tyr was in the US touring this year in the 2rd slot(at least here in denver) of a four band show.

i really don't have a problem in repeating some bands. I could see Tyr, Delain, Dark Tranquillity, Exodus, Nightwish, Amon Amarth, Riot, Pretty Maids, Overkill, Anthrax, In Flames, Gamma Ray, Unisonic every single year/tour)

Repeat bands are the same as new bands in that 6 that you mentioned I would see again and 7 I would never want to see.
    That is why you have 40 bands, really even if you only like 20 you could not possibly see 2 sets by each band.
    My problem this year is I don't like any of the repeats, well except Rage, but I don't want to watch them with an orchestra.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:50 am

AnacrusisVOX wrote:
    broegaard wrote:Back in the days Screams and Whispers was spinning like hell on my stereo

I think smilie guy has just about the right tempo for "sound the alaaaaaaarm..." :wank:

Don't make me :cry: of joy

:deathhorns:
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:06 pm

STACH100 wrote:
    broegaard wrote:

Repeat bands are the same as new bands in that 6 that you mentioned I would see again and 7 I would never want to see.
    That is why you have 40 bands, really even if you only like 20 you could not possibly see 2 sets by each band.
    My problem this year is I don't like any of the repeats, well except Rage, but I don't want to watch them with an orchestra.

thats why a festival like that must have a well rounded cast (style-wise and appeal-wise). I need something to see from 10 a.m to 2 a.m (marathon)
    metal4ever
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 pm

My thoughts on 70K 2013:
    Am I glad I'm going? HELL yes
    Would I have booked if I knew this would be the line up? Probably not.
    But then I would miss out on as much fun as I had on cruise 1 & 2 even if the caliber of the bands is not as good.
    I really think the cruise will be just as fun.

My advice for Andy for the 2014 70K Cruise:
    Sign better bands, announce the majority of the line up early. Guarantee the quality with refunds for unsatisfied customers.
    Give repeat cruisers a discount. ( what do you think the sales will look like if there were no repeat cruisers?)

Maybe if these happen I will book for 2014, right now I do not plan to.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 pm

[/quote]
    Yeah, I don't think at this point he's actually expecting to sell more cabins, he just wants to keep his returning customers happy.[/quote]

agree!

I Hope that he sold enough cabins to garantee next year!![/quote]

Yes, me too. I was on the cruise in 2011 and 2012, but this year I'm doing the Monsters Of Rock cruise in March instead. 70000 Tons is my top priority, but with this slow pace of announcement and that the quality of the lineup is not as good as the previous years, two buddies of mine decided to bail and go for the March cruise instead. I indeed hope for a return in 2014.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 pm

Tobbe wrote:

Yeah, I don't think at this point he's actually expecting to sell more cabins, he just wants to keep his returning customers happy.[/quote]

agree!

I Hope that he sold enough cabins to garantee next year!![/quote]

Yes, me too. I was on the cruise in 2011 and 2012, but this year I'm doing the Monsters Of Rock cruise in March instead. 70000 Tons is my top priority, but with this slow pace of announcement and that the quality of the lineup is not as good as the previous years, two buddies of mine decided to bail and go for the March cruise instead. I indeed hope for a return in 2014.[/quote]

I am not a hair metal/HR guy but you made an excelent choice - Loudness
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 pm

STACH100 wrote:My thoughts on 70K 2013:
    But then I would miss out on as much fun as I had on cruise 1 & 2 even if the caliber of the bands is not as good.

Sign better bands, announce the majority of the line up early. Guarantee the quality with refunds for unsatisfied customers.
    Give repeat cruisers a discount. ( what do you think the sales will look like if there were no repeat cruisers?)

And now there is competition....
    metal4ever
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:42 pm

broegaard wrote:

No competition for me - every 70k lineup is infinitely better than the MoR lineup
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Blackfhyre wrote:
    broegaard wrote:

No competition for me - every 70k lineup is infinitely better than the MoR lineup

i wasnt thinking MoR. There are cruises in Europe!!
    For example
    http://www.full-metal-cruise.com/index. ... s-on-board
    metal4ever
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:02 pm

broegaard wrote:
    Blackfhyre wrote:
    broegaard wrote:

i wasnt thinking MoR. There are cruises in Europe!!
    For example

That's true, for people living over there it's a big thing to think about, but for us here in the US its a lot more expensive to travel out to Europe than just down to Miami. But i'd love to do the full metal cruise
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:07 pm

The Full Metal Cruise is totally on my bucket list (since the first I heard about it) - may do it as early as 2014 if they do it again.
    Last edited by Laura on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:08 pm

That's true, for people living over there it's a big thing to think about, but for us here in the US its a lot more expensive to travel out to Europe than just down to Miami. But i'd love to do the full metal cruise[/quote]

agree but my felling at the 2012 cruise was that at least 30% of the people on board(maybe I was wrong but i heard a lot of german) wasn't from the US.......so you need a spot on lineup to grab people!!!

As a Brazilian a ticket to Miami is almost the same(a little bit cheaper) as to Germany!
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Laura wrote:The Full Metal Cruise is totally on my bucket list (since the first I heard about it) - may do it as early as 2014 if they do it again.

i think they are "related" to the wacken festival
    metal4ever
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:12 pm

broegaard wrote:
    Laura wrote:The Full Metal Cruise is totally on my bucket list (since the first I heard about it) - may do it as early as 2014 if they do it again.

Yeah, it's the same organizers. I've just been calling it "the Wacken Cruise"
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    broegaard wrote:

Yeah, it's the same organizers. I've just been calling it "the Wacken Cruise"

The fact that it is associated with Wacken is one of the reasons why I'm really keen on going. Like UMC, the Wacken organizers provided me with two of the most amazing experiences of my life. But having done two Wackens to the MAX, 1000th degree :heavydrink: :shred: and ending on an ULTRA high note seeing Immortal (and many more amazing bands) there in 2010, I don't need or even have a desire to go back. However.....the Wacken cruise would be a completely new experience and sounds awesome (I'd book it based on only one big name as I did when only Immortal was announced for Wacken 2010). Plus, I'd combine it with some other travel of some sort in Europe....so it is a total win-win from my perspective.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:28 pm

I just checked the line up for the Full Metal cruise.
    70K 2013 Is way WAY better!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Full Metal Cruise wins on so many levels for me. Three 'bucket list' bands (Avantasia, Van Canto, Amaranthe), some 'love to see again' bands (Sabaton, Firewind, Circle II Circle, Gamma Ray), plus a new location, free booze, nice little bonuses for booking early, could visit my wife's family in London.....

Yeah in my reckoning UMC have BIG competition for next year for my wife and I.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:42 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Full Metal Cruise wins on so many levels for me. Three 'bucket list' bands (Avantasia, Van Canto, Amaranthe), some 'love to see again' bands (Sabaton, Firewind, Circle II Circle, Gamma Ray), plus a new location, free booze, nice little bonuses for booking early, could visit my wife's family in London.....

I like the idea of Full Metal Cruise but I have a feeling id spend 10 times as much just because every show on land costs extra.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:46 pm

STACH100 wrote:I just checked the line up for the Full Metal cruise.
    70K 2013 Is way WAY better!

agree but competition is starting to come up.....

I really hope for the success of the 70000 tons so i can join next year. It is fun, 40 bands(good or bad) or so.....

Barge I don't see me into. Thrash and new wave of swedish death metal are the primary style that I listen to but I can't stand Black(only like...and oceans), Hardcore, American Death Metal or Brutal Death
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Full Metal Cruise wins on so many levels for me. Three 'bucket list' bands (Avantasia, Van Canto, Amaranthe), some 'love to see again' bands (Sabaton, Firewind, Circle II Circle, Gamma Ray), plus a new location, free booze, nice little bonuses for booking early, could visit my wife's family in London.....

tickets are more expensive, no?

Masterplan is band i would love to see again
    metal4ever
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:59 pm

So Cowboy you can see why the line up does nothing for me LOL!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:07 pm

For me, the Wacken cruise most likely "wins" (for my next metal cruise) because of the NOVELTY and the fact that it's in EUROPE (I've been crazy, crazy, crazy in love with Europe ever since I lived there for my senior year of college, haha - 30 years ago, class of '83 here). Sure, it would cost more to fly there and extend the vacation on land and all (as I would), but it would probably be a once or twice in a lifetime kind of thing, and then I'd move on to something else.

Monmisreal wrote:I lile the idea of Full Metal Cruise but I have a feeling id spend 10 times as much just because every show on land costs extra.

According to the website, only one band is on land (and therefore extra) - so far at least.
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Laura wrote:According to the website, only one band is on land (and therefore extra) - so far at least.

Yea, I keep looking to see what gets announced to get an idea for maybe doing it in the future. Of course the first one on land is the band id look forward to most, might as well just go vacation and hit that set up instead :lol:
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:17 pm

Blackfhyre wrote:
    broegaard wrote:

As my buddy told me. "Tobbe, you will have a chance to see Biff Byford in slippers again."
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:47 pm

13 time survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 pm

broegaard wrote:agree but my felling at the 2012 cruise was that at least 30% of the people on board(maybe I was wrong but i heard a lot of german) wasn't from the US.......so you need a spot on lineup to grab people!!!

I think it's only about 30% of the people on broad were FROM the US so a majority are from other countries.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • metal_steve
    Petty Officer

by metal_steve » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:53 pm

I think it's only about 30% of the people on broad were FROM the US so a majority are from other countries.

I'm on my way :viking:

I'm at Perth domestic airport right now waiting for my flight to Sydney. :)
    Two days there with friends and then Sydney to LA on Saturday.
    Two hours for blood to return to my cheeks after 11hours sitting on a plane then 5 hours to Miami....

....THEN the fun starts :heavydrink:
    This ship needs more gothic, symphonic, female fronted bands, but I can handle some THRASH!!!

Find me onbroad @ Doro Sabaton Lacuna Coil In Flames Nile Dragonforce Rage Anacrusis
    Helloween Delain Gotthard Kreator Angra Metal Church Tiamat Vika Yermolyeva Lizzy Borden
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Well if my stats are good you at least will know the final bands before you leave Sydney!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Post Reply 4879 posts