Post Reply 4880 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Last Chance To Vote For METAL CHURCH's Setlist

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Well if my stats are good you at least will know the final bands before you leave Sydney!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:46 pm

SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:49 pm

:lol: I like that one!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm

Anyone else catch the Threat Signal announcement slip earlier hahaha!!! guess we will be moshing to those amazing sounds soon!!! :shred: :bmhorns: :beerbang:
    2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Spill the beans! What happened?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 pm

I don't know but I really don't want a band that is like Disturbed, Korn, etc on the cruise thanks........... and please do not confirm the signal of threats. hopefully its a threat that they will be announced.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Meh unfortunately it looks genuine.

I've done some digging and it appears they announced it on their official Facebook only to take it down shortly after.

So yep - I guess that's one of the 'shitty US bands' to be added at the last minute :cry: :P :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:42 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Meh unfortunately it looks genuine.

I've done some digging and it appears they announced it on their official Facebook only to take it down shortly after.

So yep - I guess that's one of the 'shitty US bands' to be added at the last minute :cry: :P :lol:

I thought they're Canadian?
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:44 pm

They are canadian and freaking FANTASTIC live. their older matierial far far exceeds the new stuff.
    2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Must've gotten an angry phone call from The Skipper. :lol:

If they are on broad I'll pass on seeing them given what I've just heard on YouTube. At any rate, good to see some action, even if it's still in rumor territory right now.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:47 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:

Sorry - 'shitty North American/Canadian bands'.

Better?

:lol: :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:48 pm

SwallowYourSun wrote:They are canadian and freaking FANTASTIC live. their older matierial far far exceeds the new stuff.

do we have another spy here? ... "their" or maybe you wanted to say "ours" :lol:
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:50 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Sorry - 'shitty North American/Canadian bands'.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:55 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

Sorry - 'shitty North American/Canadian bands'.

Better?

:lol: :P

Yes. We don't want credit for them here :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Not a spy haha, just a fan of them.... I hope the final 5-7 bands will be as followed... In Mourning, Pain, Wintersun, The Interbeing, Allegaeon, The Breathing Process and Akeldama.... anyone care to discuss??? :deathmetal:
    2018 wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:14 pm

If Wintersun got added, I really would not give a damn who the other bands added were!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 pm

cowboy71 wrote:If Wintersun got added, I really would not give a damn who the other bands added were!!

saw them opening for Eluveitie..Great live band
    metal4ever
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote:If Wintersun got added, I really would not give a damn who the other bands added were!!

Agreed
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:02 pm

SwallowYourSun wrote:Not a spy haha, just a fan of them.... I hope the final 5-7 bands will be as followed... In Mourning, Pain, Wintersun, The Interbeing, Allegaeon, The Breathing Process and Akeldama.... anyone care to discuss??? :deathmetal:

Pain, Wintersun and Allegaeon and I'd be set. Just a puddle of mush of happy :chug:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    SwallowYourSun wrote:Not a spy haha, just a fan of them.... I hope the final 5-7 bands will be as followed... In Mourning, Pain, Wintersun, The Interbeing, Allegaeon, The Breathing Process and Akeldama.... anyone care to discuss??? :deathmetal:

Pain, Wintersun and Allegaeon and I'd be set. Just a puddle of mush of happy :chug:

I read that too quickly and for a millisecond I misread that and thought you were hoping for PUDDLE OF MUDD.....

Thank god I was wrong! :lol: :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:20 am

As of today (thursday) we SHOULD be able to expect the lineup to be complete (going off barge to hells delay, same time frame away... isnt booking being closed as of 3 days out anyhow... so id imagine all of our woes have less than 24 hours of smoldering. TONIGHT WE SHALL BE CHEERSING THE RUNNING ORDER I PROCLAIM!!!! :beerbang: :party: :belly: :cheers: :heavydrink: :3drunks: :chug:
    2018 wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 am

I'm expecting us to be handed the running order when broading the ship - along with the last announcements.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:45 am

AnacrusisVOX wrote:
    broegaard wrote:For example, I have 2 Anacrusis CDs that I pretty much don't listen( :oops: ) anymore but I would love to see live for memory sake!!!!

I forgive you ;)

broegaard wrote:I knew that Mr. Reale was sick and maybe that was the last oportunity to see Riot live.

Unfortunately this will probably our last gig as well.

This is your last gig??? I thought this was supposed to be your big comeback! No tour after this? Glad I'm going to see you guys here.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:33 am

Memnoch wrote:I'm expecting us to be handed the running order when broading the ship - along with the last announcements.

I can imagine very well. :? :bangers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:20 am

Memnoch wrote:I'm expecting us to be handed the running order when broading the ship - along with the last announcements.

I expect the running order to have a few "TBA" spots :lol:
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:14 am

mooyagi wrote:

That could be happen. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shots:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:34 am

Lets hope I'll be able to find a computer in the hotel or to get the running order on Sunday through my iPhone with Wi-Fi :roll: As I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 6am CET, I'm not sure to have the time to come on my computer to see if there are some announcements before to leave, but I'll try.

As I wont to login over here, I wish you all a great journey :cheers: See you in the weekend for some of you or on the ship on Monday :heavydrink:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:58 am

taketheday wrote:Lets hope I'll be able to find a computer in the hotel or to get the running order on Sunday through my iPhone with Wi-Fi :roll: As I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 6am CET, I'm not sure to have the time to come on my computer to see if there are some announcements before to leave, but I'll try.

As I wont to login over here, I wish you all a great journey :cheers: See you in the weekend for some of you or on the ship on Monday :heavydrink:

you will get at check in and will be enouth time to figure out until the first band gets on stage.....RELAX
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:00 am

mooyagi wrote:

All star 1
    All star 2
    All star 3
    No so all star

:shred:
    metal4ever
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:29 am

mooyagi wrote:

A late friend of mine used to have a metal radio show. Whenever he would announce a show that had a “TBA” on it he would announce it as “our good friends in Tuberculosis Bowel Accident are again scheduled to perform on the show.” To this day, I think of that made up (?) band name whenever I see “TBA” in a show listing. Your post made me think of that.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:

I expect to download the running order pdf to my phone Monday morning

I do the same thing, but I'm sure there'll be some delay that will cause changes to the initial running order.
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Did they get the pool stage set up on time on the Barge?
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:15 pm

STACH100 wrote:Did they get the pool stage set up on time on the Barge?

No. Something else went wrong, Andy explains it in the press conference video. Monstrosity got the Overkill treatment and played first on the pool deck as we left the Bahamas and everyone else was delayed a half hour I think. Part of Sodom's set overlapped with Behemoth, they were kinda mad about that.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:17 pm

the pool stage wasn't set up until like 10pm (give or take)and they were a little behind , but they didn't schedule any shows before that, to give themselves time to build the stage.

I would guess the same will be for 70K. :cheers: :beerhorns:
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:40 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:

the pool stage wasn't set up until like 10pm (give or take)and they were a little behind , but they didn't schedule any shows before that, to give themselves time to build the stage.

I would guess the same will be for 70K. :cheers: :beerhorns:

So instead of figuring out how to get the stage set up on time they just push back the show schedule
    so when they screw it up again everything will be ok.
    SNAFU
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:37 pm

That's just the way UMC roll. Whether we like it or not.

Two hours until I drive to the airport, and still no sign of Andy.

Fuck you very much.

I'm actually gonna be more pissed off than happy if by some miracle a band I love gets added now, as obviously I won't be able to bring anything from my collection for them to sign.

Nor will I be able to put any music of bands I'm unfamiliar with onto my iPhone to listen to on the plane.

Laaaaaame UMC. Very very lame.

But, woot! TWO HOURS UNTIL I DRIVE TO THE AIRPORT!!!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Yeah Cowboy I have mixed feelings about a good band being announced.
    No time to do a painting and if it was a bucket list band it would piss me off.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Yeah Cowboy I have mixed feelings about a good band being announced.
    No time to do a painting and if it was a bucket list band it would piss me off.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 pm

SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 pm

I just wonder, looking at it seriously, if it is a sign that it is becoming harder and harder to find bands willing to do the whole cruise thing?

If you look at the following analysis, its certainly the conclusion I would draw:

2011 - had 39 bands booked by xmas, last 3 bands announced 10 days before sailing
    2012 - 34 bands at xmas, last 3 bands announced 3 days from sailing
    2012 - BTH - 26 bands a month out from the cruise, last 7 bands announced 3 days from sailing
    2013 - 29 bands at xmas, last 8 bands announced.........
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
Post Reply 4880 posts