Post Reply 4879 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Megathread
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Please Welcome ANAAL NATHRAKH!

by Andy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:10 am

70000TONS OF METAL sailed one more time to the British Isles. Please welcome ANAAL NATHRAKH onbroad The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! And since we always want to give some up and coming talent a stage, please also welcome ETECC and STEEL ENGRAVED from Germany!

...and who will be the one that smiles last?
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Please Welcome ANAAL NATHRAKH!

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:10 am

Andy wrote:70000TONS OF METAL sailed one more time to the British Isles. Please welcome ANAAL NATHRAKH onbroad The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! And since we always want to give some up and coming talent a stage, please also welcome ETECC and STEEL ENGRAVED from Germany!

...and who will be the one that smiles last?

Anaal Nathrakh!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:12 am

might one speculate that where the "Hell" is the ship" could be Hell Norway?!?!?! IMMORTAL OR DIMMU PLEASE!!!! OR AT THAT DEMONAZ!!!
    :beerhorns: :bmhorns:
    2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:20 am

Is Andy just gooogling "Bands that nobody has ever heard of"?
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:21 am

STACH100 wrote:Is Andy just gooogling "Bands that nobody has ever heard of"?

yes, that seems to be the common link here
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:24 am

ugh
    13 time survivor
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:34 am

I don't even know what genre any of these are...wish I had more time to check them out :roll:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:38 am

I like Anaal Nathrakh. :death:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:41 am

I'm not into anal

:|
    13 time survivor
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:51 am

hahahahahahaha......Maybe is a "Playing for room and board" type of bands!!!

After an email yesterday from the people from UMC trying to convince me to join the cruise I am glad I didn't...

Safe trip to all of you and maybe see you guys next year.....
    Last edited by broegaard on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:54 am

Blackfhyre wrote:I don't even know what genre any of these are...wish I had more time to check them out :roll:

a hint about the running order....ETTTCCCZZZHHHH

JanMon 28th 70.000 Tons of Metal @ 8:00pm
    metal4ever
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:58 am

Memnoch wrote:I like Anaal Nathrakh. :death:

Moi aussi! And there is a uber heavy & awesome announcement right there if I ever saw one! Aw well, I won't be there to see them, but I do have a European friend who I met at Hole in the Sky who recently saw them and she said she loved the gig!! Wonder if they ever tour the US?

I knew of this band in name only until Shaneos (I think it was) posted about them on the black metal thread. Kudos to Andy for booking another "extreme" band (and hint, hint - I put them on my Barge 2014 official wishlist a while back. :P )

Submission is for the Weak http://youtu.be/a9e0-h1fFJA
    Drug Fucking Abomination http://youtu.be/DPwOKohNY9s
    muahahaha

And to Stovie - according to wiki - their name means Serpent's Breath :cool:
    Last edited by Laura on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:58 am

I'd definitely catch at least 1 set from ETECC if I were onbroad
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:02 am

Laura wrote:And to Stovie - according to wiki - their name means Serpent's Breath :cool:

LOL! Maybe, but that defense isn't getting any help with THIS...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heG6PYIQXfI
    13 time survivor
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:02 am

2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:05 am

Andy wrote:What a NIGHTMARE! Please welcome a French Metal legend onbroad

weird how now everybody is called a "metal legend"

Andy wrote:They were drawn one more time up to Canada by a THREAT SIGNAL! ?

:?

Andy wrote:Please welcome ANAAL NATHRAKH onbroad, please also welcome ETECC and STEEL ENGRAVED

:roll:

... I remmember an age when 70K used to book known bands
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:05 am

I leave later today and I am pumped!
    Sure this is not the best line up but there are 10 good bands and a few others that are ok,
    more than enough to keep me running from stage to stage.
    ONBROAD!!!!!!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:07 am

We agree on a band? :shock:

Laura, Anaal Nathrakh has played a few US festival shows but I don't think they've done a full tour out here yet.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:14 am

let me take a moment to vent on a pet peeve...
    you people who bitch about "known bands" or "bands nobody's heard of"
    Guess what... maybe it's just you...
    1. Somebody's heard of 'em
    2. Some of these bands you claim nobody has heard of are actually REALLY big
    3. Even BLACK SABBATH started out as some local kids playing in a pub
    4. Check out the bands you haven't heard of, some might surprise you ( I hadn't heard of ETECC, but it only took me 2 songs to realize I'd totally watch them if I were onbroad... AND now I've heard of them)
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:15 am

stoverkill wrote:
    Laura wrote:And to Stovie - according to wiki - their name means Serpent's Breath :cool:

LOL! Maybe, but that defense isn't getting any help with THIS...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heG6PYIQXfI

:lol: :lol:
    Well... I guess it depends on if the word fucking in the title is being used as an adjective or a verb. :P
    Either way - they're an "extreme" metal band so not surprised either way. :beerwink:

Oh - and while I'm here on the main thread - bon voyage to you and all going next week!! :heavydrink:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:21 am

Except Etecc I know all these bands, so as DrinkMoxie said it could be you as well.
    On the other hand, none of these announcements make my heart beat any faster. Nightmare is maybe the only one I'll catch a set of.

Edit: Hmm Etecc sounds like a Pantera rip-off, but not even that bad. I might check them out.

So... now we've got one band left to be announced? Let's get it done and over with then...
    Last edited by Tuup on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:29 am

Happy about Nightmare and Anaal Nathrakh. Anyone know who ETECC and STEEL ENGRAVED are?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:31 am

Using lax free wifi while I wait to connect to Miami. Looks like I didn't miss much :-p
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:33 am

This Steel Engraved isn't bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxv_jYlUwuc

and ETECC are kinda cool too....

http://www.youtube.com/user/eteccc
    13 time survivor
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:34 am

meshuggah wrote:Happy about Nightmare and Anaal Nathrakh. Anyone know who ETECC and STEEL ENGRAVED are?

Give it a go on Youtube and you'll know.

I saw Steel Engraved supporting Iced Earth a couple of weeks ago. German heavy metal, just as cliché as the band name suggest. Not terrible, but your quality of life doesn't really improve by listening to them either.
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:38 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:let me take a moment to vent on a pet peeve...
    4. Check out the bands you haven't heard of, some might surprise you ( I hadn't heard of ETECC, but it only took me 2 songs to realize I'd totally watch them if I were onbroad... AND now I've heard of them)

Except you don't pay top dollar to see unknown bands. I think that is more the complaint here.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:38 am

Tuup wrote:

Except Etecc I know all these bands, so as DrinkMoxie said it could be you as well.
    On the other hand, none of these announcements make my heart beat any faster. Nightmare is maybe the only one I'll catch a set of.

Edit: Hmm Etecc sounds like a Pantera rip-off, but not even that bad. I might check them out.

So... now we've got one band left to be announced? Let's get it done and over with then...

nothing like Pantera... they're closer to Neurosis worship

edit: I just heard the song Stover posted and get why you call them Pantera like... the songs I checked out online were more Neurosis like and made me more excited... but if more of their stuff is like that song then I'd lose interest fast
    Last edited by DrinkMoxie on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:41 am

STACH100 wrote:

Except you don't pay top dollar to see unknown bands. I think that is more the complaint here.

your list of "unknown bands" includes probably 99.99% of the bands I listen to...
    I, personally, don't overpay top dollar to see bands everybody's heard of...

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:54 am

STACH100 wrote:

I agree with BOTH sides of this argument. Hmmmm. Does not compute. :?
    13 time survivor
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:02 am

Quoting "your list of "unknown bands" includes probably 99.99% of the bands I listen to...
    I, personally, don't overpay top dollar to see bands everybody's heard of..."

But you would be if you were cruising 70K this time.

I like a lot of relatively unknown bands. I would be going crazy if Scissorfight had been booked!
    But most onbroad would have said"WHO?"
    Unknown bands can be great, but there is nothing wrong with stating the fact that they are unknown.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:03 am

I still never got my SHREDHEAD and it doesn't look like I will. :bitch:
    13 time survivor
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:07 am

This is cool; some bands I haven't heard of that I'm looking forward to seeing! I checked out both Nightmare and Anaal Nathrahk and will be seeing both bands!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:08 am

Given what others have said, I could potentially not mind a couple of the bands added (not threat signal though. Checked them out when they blabbed. Not a fan)

But given I've already got a lot of bands to see, I'd rather make up my own mind rather than trusting the word of others with different taste to my own.

But of course I cannot DO that, thanks to them being announced so frakking late.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:14 am

Also, I'll check out threat signal cause they are pretty sweet live. ETECC sounds ok, maybe will watch in passing.

Please check out my band

viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:16 am

The more I listen to Anaal Nathrakh, the more I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy4-JXKAizg

This is heavy as balls, and the production is clear enough that I can hear things.
    :death: :death:

Please check out my band

• Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:18 am

STACH100 wrote:Except you don't pay top dollar to see unknown bands. I think that is more the complaint here.

They need bands to fill the early morning and late night sets. Only like 2 of the last 5 announced but every show needs opener bands. I like having a bunch of somewhat unknown bands. Id rather not the cruise be 70,000 Tons of the Same Shit every year.
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:23 am

viathyn wrote:This is cool; some bands I haven't heard of that I'm looking forward to seeing! I checked out both Nightmare and Anaal Nathrahk and will be seeing both bands!

I will also.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:25 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:Except you don't pay top dollar to see unknown bands. I think that is more the complaint here.

They need bands to fill the early morning and late night sets. Only like 2 of the last 5 announced but every show needs opener bands. I like having a bunch of somewhat unknown bands. Id rather not the cruise be 70,000 Tons of the Same Shit every year.

I agree, see my post above.
    I am pumped.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:46 am

STACH100 wrote:Quoting "your list of "unknown bands" includes probably 99.99% of the bands I listen to...
    I, personally, don't overpay top dollar to see bands everybody's heard of..."

But you would be if you were cruising 70K this time.

I like a lot of relatively unknown bands. I would be going crazy if Scissorfight had been booked!
    But most onbroad would have said"WHO?"
    Unknown bands can be great, but there is nothing wrong with stating the fact that they are unknown.

but there were only 2 bands I hadn't heard of... I am familiar with most of the line up... just don't like 'em.
    and, I don't consider Scissorfight an unknown band... I've seen them headline the same venues I've seen bands like S.O.D. or Neurosis headline... I've even seen them open for GWAR... of course, in New England, almost EVEYBODY knows/knew Scissorfight...

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 am

Laura wrote:

Moi aussi! And there is a uber heavy & awesome announcement right there if I ever saw one! Aw well, I won't be there to see them, but I do have a European friend who I met at Hole in the Sky who recently saw them and she said she loved the gig!! Wonder if they ever tour the US?

I knew of this band in name only until Shaneos (I think it was) posted about them on the black metal thread. Kudos to Andy for booking another "extreme" band (and hint, hint - I put them on my Barge 2014 official wishlist a while back. :P )

Submission is for the Weak http://youtu.be/a9e0-h1fFJA
    Drug Fucking Abomination http://youtu.be/DPwOKohNY9s
    muahahaha

And to Stovie - according to wiki - their name means Serpent's Breath :cool:

Indeed, in my honest opinion this is the absolute top announcement of the entire cruise. Vanitas was one of my favorite albums of last year.

:shred: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzQpiJjdprQ :deathhorns:
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
Post Reply 4879 posts