Post Reply 4880 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Megathread
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by Stained Class » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:27 pm

    Daenerys wrote:
    Stained Class wrote: :cry:


    *nudge nudge* book it already! ;)

    I CANT :cry: :cry:
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by KevinP » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:27 am

    viathyn wrote:This is great. This is the best line-up of all the cruises for me. I'm extra fucking stoked and can't wait to see what's next!

    We're getting prog this time! We're getting avante-garde! Finally, some full-spectrum variety! Now even though they're not my thing, some Black and Grind would really round up the lineup style-wise.

    Bring on the cruise. 7 wishlist bands so far, and several others I'm very excited to see. I'm gonna have no time for you lovely people on the cruise...



    Does this mean you are a bigger Weenie than Handcock now ???
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21305
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by mooyagi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:39 am

    Stained Class wrote:
    Daenerys wrote:
    Stained Class wrote: :cry:


    *nudge nudge* book it already! ;)

    I CANT :cry: :cry:


    Sure you can! It's quite easy. Just go here ---> http://www.70000tons.com/booking-new/
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2587
    Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm
    Location: Palm Harbor, FL

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by Monmisreal » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:22 am

    Nice. I never really listened to much by them but I really like what I have heard. As long as their bassist doesnt noodle too much ill love them.
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21305
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by mooyagi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:31 am

    I wonder if Andy is going to be cruel and force the 6-piece band to squeeze onto the Spectrum stage :twisted:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2587
    Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm
    Location: Palm Harbor, FL

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by Monmisreal » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:34 am

    lmao I was thinking about that too. It was funny to see The Absence there since pete's dreads looked like they kept hitting the top of the stage
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21305
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by mooyagi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:36 am

    Monmisreal wrote:lmao I was thinking about that too. It was funny to see The Absence there since pete's dreads looked like they kept hitting the top of the stage


    That could be a problem for Leïlindel. If I remember correctly, she has really long hair.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2587
    Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm
    Location: Palm Harbor, FL

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by Monmisreal » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:47 am

    Im just glad the last 5-6 announcements have been good for me. Was starting to get a little worried, but not anymore :P
  • User avatar
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 215
    Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:08 am
    Location: Austin, TX

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by rootleaf » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:58 am

    i was going through the youtube videos for Unexpect and realized I had seen them before.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9A2ouNSjak

    I was at this show at SXSW. they weren't bad, but that was a long time ago and I had forgotten about them.
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11966
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by WizardBeast » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:37 am

    Monmisreal wrote:Im just glad the last 5-6 announcements have been good for me. Was starting to get a little worried, but not anymore :P


    Good. we don't need any worriers onbroad.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • User avatar
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2587
    Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm
    Location: Palm Harbor, FL

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by Monmisreal » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:00 am

    WizardBeast wrote:Good. we don't need any worriers onbroad.


    I just worry about my wallet! If there arent a lot of bands I like then ill spend twice as much on booze :stagger:
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by X-Thor » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:19 am

    I'd never heard them before. Wow. Seriously. :shred: AT LEAST I'll catch one set.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1772
    Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:58 am
    Location: San Diego, California

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by Goddess of Metal » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:42 am

    Never heard of UneXpect until Rachael (Evican) mentioned them. We were in the buffet onbroad and they played some UneXpect and she went nuts! :lol: They are pretty cool and very talented. I look forward to seeing them.
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3


    Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
  • User avatar
    viathyn
    Commander
    Posts: 5638
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by viathyn » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:02 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    viathyn wrote:This is great. This is the best line-up of all the cruises for me. I'm extra fucking stoked and can't wait to see what's next!

    We're getting prog this time! We're getting avante-garde! Finally, some full-spectrum variety! Now even though they're not my thing, some Black and Grind would really round up the lineup style-wise.

    Bring on the cruise. 7 wishlist bands so far, and several others I'm very excited to see. I'm gonna have no time for you lovely people on the cruise...



    Does this mean you are a bigger Weenie than Handcock now ???

    Yeah dude, haha!

    Of the bands I'm going to watch for sure (Angra, Arkona, Ensiferum, Evergrey, Flotsam&Jetsam, Helloween, In Flames, Kreator, Rage, Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Unexpect), many of them are weenie bands. This is more weenie than my usual playlist, but the boat is for having fun, and I certainly have fun at those shows!!

    I'm stoked, though. I see lots of people not-so-satisfied with how things are going, but let's be honest here, it's rare to see a festival that has a lineup where there are so few no-name bands.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242


    Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7718
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:23 pm

    I've been out-weenied by a Canadian :(

    *hangs head in shame and wanders off to listen to songs about rainbows and wizards and unicorns*
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by KevinP » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:42 pm

    cowboy71 wrote:I've been out-weenied by a Canadian :(

    *hangs head in shame and wanders off to listen to songs about rainbows and wizards and unicorns*



    And he's much younger with less practice in the craft :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

    And always watch out for Clayman as he can go into full on ultra weenie mode, given he eats the right "power ups" :P
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by KDibildeaux » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:49 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I've been out-weenied by a Canadian :(

    *hangs head in shame and wanders off to listen to songs about rainbows and wizards and unicorns*



    And he's much younger with less practice in the craft :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

    And always watch out for Clayman as he can go into full on ultra weenie mode, given he eats the right "power ups" :P

    Does he listen to any non weenie bands? :mrgreen:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    Ecliptica
    Ensign
    Posts: 1431
    Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:35 pm

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by Ecliptica » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:36 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:And always watch out for Clayman as he can go into full on ultra weenie mode, given he eats the right "power ups" :P


    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  • User avatar
    jodionline
    Ensign
    Posts: 1210
    Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:07 am
    Location: Oberfranken, Germany
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by jodionline » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:57 pm

    I don't knew the band so far. But what I've heard on youtube I really do not like. :oops:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

    Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

    Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4808
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by Memnoch » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:00 am

    I have somewhat mixed feelings about Unexpect. They can be quite good, but then there are the freaky circus music moments thrown in. I usually like avant garde metal, but there is something off-putting about them.

    But, they are a girlie band, so I have to support this. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • User avatar
    Lala
    Midshipman
    Posts: 846
    Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:54 am
    Location: Bochum - Germany
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by Lala » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:37 am

    I thought my flexible Ears are open for every Kind of Music. Metal, Rock, Punk, Soul, Merengue, Salsa .....
    But Unexpect - no. My Brains hurts after 5 unexpected Minutes. I hope they don't play afternoons at the Pooldeck....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

    www.lalasreisen.de
  • User avatar
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 258
    Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:16 pm
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil.
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by ArlequinA » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:46 am

    They are... unique. :smoking:
    (And I kinda like it)
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
  • User avatar
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 433
    Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:27 am

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by markku1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:47 am

    Lala wrote:I thought my flexible Ears are open for every Kind of Music. Metal, Rock, Punk, Soul, Merengue, Salsa .....
    But Unexpect - no. My Brains hurts after 5 unexpected Minutes. I hope they don't play afternoons at the Pooldeck....

    same here would rather listen to mambo Kurt :) :whisky:
  • JARI
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:34 am
    Location: Finland , jÄRVENPÄÄ

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by JARI » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:55 am

    markku1 wrote:
    Lala wrote:I thought my flexible Ears are open for every Kind of Music. Metal, Rock, Punk, Soul, Merengue, Salsa .....
    But Unexpect - no. My Brains hurts after 5 unexpected Minutes. I hope they don't play afternoons at the Pooldeck....

    same here would rather listen to mambo Kurt :) :whisky:

    I think also that its time to sleep/eat while they play or drink hard. :shots: :shots:
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • User avatar
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 433
    Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:27 am

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by markku1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:58 am

    JARI wrote:
    markku1 wrote:
    Lala wrote:I thought my flexible Ears are open for every Kind of Music. Metal, Rock, Punk, Soul, Merengue, Salsa .....
    But Unexpect - no. My Brains hurts after 5 unexpected Minutes. I hope they don't play afternoons at the Pooldeck....

    same here would rather listen to mambo Kurt :) :whisky:

    I think also that its time to sleep/eat while they play or drink hard. :shots: :shots:

    Jari one Word JACK :) :whisky:
  • User avatar
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1589
    Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:46 pm

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by STACH100 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:02 am

    Unexpect :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by X-Thor » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:39 am

    STACH100 wrote:Unexpect :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:


    Ah, yes, something was missing in this latest announcement :lol: :lol:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1589
    Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:46 pm

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by STACH100 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:48 am

    X-Thor wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:Unexpect :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:


    Ah, yes, something was missing in this latest announcement :lol: :lol:

    You know I had to!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • User avatar
    WizardBeast
    Captain
    Posts: 11966
    Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: Denver, CO
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by WizardBeast » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:05 pm

    STACH100 wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:Unexpect :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:


    Ah, yes, something was missing in this latest announcement :lol: :lol:

    You know I had to!


    70K 2013 DOES NEED MORE THRASH!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by X-Thor » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:17 pm

    Yes, I was actually hoping for Anthrax... Well, maybe they'll pick them up on their way south...

    Also, I suggest the scouting party at Moscow goes back to Germany and gets Freedom Call. It'd make the Barge to Rainbows even weenier :lol:. Or Immortal. Whatevs.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    viathyn
    Commander
    Posts: 5638
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by viathyn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:55 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I've been out-weenied by a Canadian :(

    *hangs head in shame and wanders off to listen to songs about rainbows and wizards and unicorns*



    And he's much younger with less practice in the craft :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:



    Image

    ;)
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242


    Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

  • User avatar
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman
    Posts: 671
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm
    Location: Boston, Ma

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by Inquisitor » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:55 pm

    Image
  • User avatar
    scyll
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 196
    Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:54 pm
    Location: Quebec city, Canada

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by scyll » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:03 pm

    As much as I love power metal, I think we have enough of that metal genre on the boat ( unless it's Blind Guardian! :twisted: ). Freedom Call would be overdoing it, I'd prefer bands to satisfy Stach and the likes, even if I'm not that much into thrash or black metal. I'd take a melodeath/viking band or two to seal the deal, but honestly, I'm plenty satisfied with the lineup right now and I hope most of those who booked will feel just the same when the 42 bands onbroad will be confirmed! :beerwink:
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11177
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by ShoreSlayer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:20 pm

    scyll wrote:As much as I love power metal, I think we have enough of that metal genre on the boat ( unless it's Blind Guardian! :twisted: ). Freedom Call would be overdoing it, I'd prefer bands to satisfy Stach and the likes, even if I'm not that much into thrash or black metal. I'd take a melodeath/viking band or two to seal the deal, but honestly, I'm plenty satisfied with the lineup right now and I hope most of those who booked will feel just the same when the 42 bands onbroad will be confirmed! :beerwink:

    Now there's a man with a
    Image
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Dklean2003
    Oiler
    Posts: 45
    Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:42 pm

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by Dklean2003 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:40 pm

    Ok these are the sets I am going to check out

    1) Kreator first set.

    2) Kreator 2nd set.

    I won't be able to get up at 8 AM for Unexpect. Thats too bad. They rock.

    They are really overdoing it this time. I have no idea how the cruise is going to make any money with the amount of money they must be paying these bands.

    Oh, Any Chance 70000 tons could get Diamond Plate again??????????? Oh please say you can. This will be the best Lineup ever.


    Barge to Hell must be so envious of our cruize. YOu picked the wrong cruize YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :beerwink:

    Oh and I almost forgot. METAL CHURCH REUNION!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't miss that. Holy crap. We can tell everyone. WE WERE THERE!!!! WE WERE @@CKING THERE. This is something you can tell your grandchildren someday. I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!! yessssssssssssssssssssssssss :heavydrink: The Reunion show of one member. I hope they play some songs off of Blessing in Dusguise Where NO ONE in the band played on it. VERY HISTORIC INDEED.

    :whisky:
  • User avatar
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3825
    Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:45 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by vikingbitch » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:00 pm

    Dklean2003 wrote:Oh, Any Chance 70000 tons could get Diamond Plate again??????????? Oh please say you can. This will be the best Lineup ever.

    Barge to Hell must be so envious of our cruize. YOu picked the wrong cruize YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :beerwink:


    :|

    I really can't tell.... trolling or legit....

    And don't get me wrong, a lot of bands that I love (although pretty much all of the ones in that category for me I've seen before) are playing 70K this time around but if I had to choose - it would still be Barge. Hands down. And three times on Sunday.

    And to finish, Diamond Plate? Really???
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • User avatar
    Ecliptica
    Ensign
    Posts: 1431
    Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:35 pm

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by Ecliptica » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:18 pm

    Dklean is a better troll than WitchBear.
  • User avatar
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 616
    Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:03 am
    Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by Jebus_Cripes » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:20 pm

    That last post was a little too obvious. Definitely sarcastically trolling.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
  • User avatar
    pablov8
    Midshipman
    Posts: 854
    Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:25 pm
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by pablov8 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:11 am

    Dklean2003 wrote:Ok these are the sets I am going to check out

    1) Kreator first set.

    2) Kreator 2nd set.

    I won't be able to get up at 8 AM for Unexpect. Thats too bad. They rock.

    They are really overdoing it this time. I have no idea how the cruise is going to make any money with the amount of money they must be paying these bands.

    Oh, Any Chance 70000 tons could get Diamond Plate again??????????? Oh please say you can. This will be the best Lineup ever.


    Barge to Hell must be so envious of our cruize. YOu picked the wrong cruize YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :beerwink:

    Oh and I almost forgot. METAL CHURCH REUNION!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't miss that. Holy crap. We can tell everyone. WE WERE THERE!!!! WE WERE @@CKING THERE. This is something you can tell your grandchildren someday. I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!! yessssssssssssssssssssssssss :heavydrink: The Reunion show of one member. I hope they play some songs off of Blessing in Dusguise Where NO ONE in the band played on it. VERY HISTORIC INDEED.

    :whisky:


    Negative Nancy
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: An UNEXPECT Arrival In Canada!

    by X-Thor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:40 am

    As I told Stach once, if you really hate the current line-up, don't book or cancell your ticket. But don't say UMC isn't listening to its customers. From what I can tell, most of 70Kers are quite happy with the current line-up.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
Post Reply 4880 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 120 guests