Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1
Smoking on the ship
  • Should smoking be restricted to the outside areas of the ship?

Yes
    58%
    No
    42%

Total votes: 52
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

Smoking on the ship

by Captain Metal » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:16 am

If you're like me, and I know many of you are, then you are quite sick of choking :evil: on the smoke in inner areas of the ship like the Bolero Lounge (where it was particularly bad). I think smoking should be restricted to the outside areas where it won't build up and bother us non smokers. So here's a very simple poll for all to chime in on.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Smoking on the ship

by Memnoch » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:29 am

Yes, no smoking inside the ship. Or, at least no smoking in the bars like Spectrum and Boleros, where there's some official program. And the pool area outside should stay as it was, a no smoking area.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:29 am

Judging by the votes so far it looks like you non smokers are in the minority :lol:
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:03 am

I thought we already had a topic about this.
    Anyway, this year I had to leave the Bolero every 10 minutes or so during the last night because I couldn't handle the thick smoke in there anymore. So personally I'd be very happy if smokers had to go outside instead of the non-smokers.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:42 am

Haven't we voted on/discussed this many times in the past? :lol:

Definitely no to smoking indoors. That shit's gross.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:39 am

That's like the 3rd or 4th poll about smoking.

90% of the ship is non smoking. Get over it.

Live and let live.

:metalguy: :heavydrink: :smoking: :cheers:
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:40 am

I think the lounges should be non-smoking, but the problem is enforcing it if it is not the ship policy. If they make it honor system and someone wants to be a dick, no one would stop them from smoking.
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:49 am

Captain Metal wrote:If you're like me, and I know many of you are, then you are quite sick of choking :evil: on the smoke in inner areas of the ship like the Bolero Lounge (where it was particularly bad). I think smoking should be restricted to the outside areas where it won't build up and bother us non smokers.

Strongly agree!!! Thanks. Last cruise even the smokers I know were complaining about it in the lounge.
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:12 am

Even though I'm very anti smoking I'm ok with there being smoking areas inside the ship, I do think though that all the concert areas should be non smoking... what I found very disappointing last cruise was that the Theater is supposed to be non smoking but I still saw people lighting up, I also saw a number of people putting their cigarettes out on the carpets in the theater.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:23 am

Sinister Realm wrote:Even though I'm very anti smoking I'm ok with there being smoking areas inside the ship, I do think though that all the concert areas should be non smoking... what I found very disappointing last cruise was that the Theater is supposed to be non smoking but I still saw people lighting up, I also saw a number of people putting their cigarettes out on the carpets in the theater.

Good point. I think it's okay if there is a specific lounge for smokers to smoke indoors but nowhere where the bands play. Also, yes, if you do smoke inside, show some respect for the fucking ship and put your cancer sticks out in the appropriate places.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:47 am

Sinister Realm wrote:I also saw a number of people putting their cigarettes out on the carpets in the theater.

Exactly the kind of shit that gives metal head/rock fan types a bad name. Last year some d-bags were running around getting random passengers to autograph a framed piece of artwork they'd ripped off of a wall of the ship. There were 4 or 5 of them and they clearly thought they were being super cool and enjoying some kind of justifiable fun. I turned them in to the first security personnel I ran into and really hope they caught up with them and gave them some sort of much-deserved consequence. Definitely one of those times I wish I'd been with a half dozen forumites so we could have handled it ourselves but I wasn't about to take them all on myself lol. (coward/lover not a fighter). Our ship really feels like a sacred 2nd home upon the sea and I'd hope we could all just sort of police one another and discourage those seen smoking in the theater by reminding them that we are guests on a luxury ship and not patrons of some downtown dive bar.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:28 am

I would prefer all smoking guns to be outside, but hell its a metal cruise so I cant care to much =)
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    Traccia
    Petty Officer

by Traccia » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:41 am

Im a smoker.

I do not smoke any where in doors. I smoke usually when Im drinking. And considering that in South FLorida you cant smoke in most places other than late night bars ( which i dont go to) or clubs, Im used to smoking out side. I have no problem with it and actually prefer it.

So, no need to worry about me. Im an outside smoker, only out of respect for those who do not smoke and for the fact that thats how i have always been.
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Yeah...when I saw people smoking in the theater and putting them out on the carpets and seats the first thing that popped into my head was this is exactly how the cruise will be ruined...people disrepecting and damaging the ship. If you remember around the second or third day they put down something on the floor in the theater and I'm just guessing but maybe the cigarette butts would be the reason why.

This cruise is such a cool thing that I really hope it's never gets ruined because of vandalism or UMC getting fined for damage done to property.
  • greentortuga88
    Wiper

by greentortuga88 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:20 pm

So I will have a slight different point of view...

I am not a cigarette smoker, but I do occasionally enjoy cigars. Rarely in everyday life but when I'm on vacation they are definitely an enhancer. When you smoke a cigar though it is not a quick 3-4 minute smoke break, it can often take some time and is meant to be enjoyed. One of the high points of the cruise both years was being able to sit down and enjoy shows in the spectrum with strong adult beverage and cigar, as well as the occasional puff inside one of the bar/lounges. To my knowledge there were a few non smoking lounges, and the chorus line was non smoking as well, but the ability to smoke in the spectrum made it even more intimate to me. I do not believe all of the ship's interior should be smoke free, but I do agree that everyone should be respectful. When my friends and I would smoke, particularly during shows we would try to pick a seat fairly isolated to avoid covering others in the smoke. But to be fair, it is metal, and intoxicants for the most part just go hand in horn.

:smoking:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:20 pm

No indoor smoking except in designated areas, please. The gross stench was the reason I avoided the Boleros as much as possible
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1