Post Reply 131 posts
Why are Soilwork on the Barge or any metal cruise?
  • Metalwrath

Why are Soilwork on the Barge or any metal cruise?

by Metalwrath » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:22 am

Seriously i am so fucking confused as to why we have this nu-metal garbage in with legandary extreme bands.

I can see them fitting on Mayhem cruise although thats cancelled but why the fuck would you book this garbage?
    There is nothing extreme about nu-metal except for the fact that it's extremly shit music.

Please give them the boot.They don't belong on the Barge.
    Tuup
    Midshipman

Re: Why are Soilwork on the Barge or any metal cruise?

by Tuup » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:33 am

You're talking shit, Soilwork has absolutely nothing to do with nu metal. They've always been one of the best bands in the typical Gothenburg death metal style. Listen to Natural Born Chaos, one of the best metal records of this century. Or if you want to stick to 'true' death metal, try the albums they released in the nineties. It's true that some metalcore influences have creeped into their sound recently (unfortunately), but they're still far away from nu metal.
    By the way, Björn is one of the only singers I know who goes back and forth between harsh and clean vocals so fluently. Excellent singer.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:35 am

I really like their first album, haven't really listened to much else though, wasn't my thing. I wouldn't start a rage thread about it...I'll probably even check out a set.
    Last edited by Stained Class on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:37 am

I actually really like Soilwork's older stuff, particularly Figure Number Five and Natural Born Chaos. Pete, I'll gladly trade you Soilwork for 70K if you'll take In Flames for Barge :mrgreen:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:42 am

Both are shit.
    I'll gladly trade you both if you can resurrect Jon Nödtveidt so we can have the ultimate Swedish Death metal band onbroad ;)
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:43 am

Daenerys wrote:I actually really like Soilwork's older stuff, particularly Figure Number Five and Natural Born Chaos. Pete, I'll gladly trade you Soilwork for 70K if you'll take In Flames for Barge :mrgreen:

Deal! :cheers:

I wouldn't count Figure Number Five as their older stuff though, that would be anything before Natural Born Chaos as they made quite a shift with that one.
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:51 am

I agree with you there...but Figure Number Five did come out like 10 years ago :shock: I admit that I don't know like anything they've put out since Stabbing the Drama; luckily for me the last time I saw them their set was at least half of songs from before that album :D

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 am

Metalwrath wrote:Both are shit.
    I'll gladly trade you both if you can resurrect Jon Nödtveidt so we can have the ultimate Swedish Death metal band onbroad ;)

:lol: That would indeed be much more fitting for Barge. However, I think I will also require At the Gates, Paradise Lost, Sanctuary and Hypocrisy in exchange as well to perform this resurrection service :mrgreen:

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:26 am

I liked Steelbath Suicide and Chainheart Machine, and kinda like A Predator's Portrait... don't like anything after.
    They're NOT numetal.
    They're NOT the best Gothenburg band.
    Nothing about them is best of the century.
    There's NOTHING metalcore about them.
    Americanization in hopes of profit is what ruined them, though.
    It, unfortunately, worked.
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:02 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:I liked Steelbath Suicide and Chainheart Machine, and kinda like A Predator's Portrait... don't like anything after.
    They're NOT numetal.

Bill's got the right idea.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:08 am

Stained Class wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I liked Steelbath Suicide and Chainheart Machine, and kinda like A Predator's Portrait... don't like anything after.
    They're NOT numetal.

Bill's got the right idea.

i agree. but i still like most of their albums. t hey aren't numetal to me. to each his own i guess.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:18 am

Daenerys wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Both are shit.

:lol: That would indeed be much more fitting for Barge. However, I think I will also require At the Gates, Paradise Lost, Sanctuary and Hypocrisy in exchange as well to perform this resurrection service :mrgreen:

I'll gladly give you At the gates and Paradise Lost for free but no trading Sanctuary or Hypocrisy ;)
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:30 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:Americanization in hopes of profit is what ruined them, though.

Although I really like Soilwork, I kind of agree with you here.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:31 am

Tuup wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:Americanization in hopes of profit is what ruined them, though.

Although I really like Soilwork, I kind of agree with you here.

this is just a theory. most bands change and try new stuff. does that make them all greedy bastards? i don't think they're all motivated that way.

i'm not saying Soilwork isn't, but do we really know? i think people are unfairly hard on soilwork, if you ask me.
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:09 pm

I meant that I agree that they turned their sound more American: away from their original Gothenburg sound, and clearly influenced with some of the American bands that they toured with the last couple of years. Maybe not for the money, but just because they like that style. Still I think they lost the unique sound they had around 10 years ago.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Tuup wrote:I meant that I agree that they turned their sound more American: away from their original Gothenburg sound, and clearly influenced with some of the American bands that they toured with the last couple of years. Maybe not for the money, but just because they like that style. Still I think they lost the unique sound they had around 10 years ago.

unique? Ok I clearly need to go listen to them a bit more haha all I heard was At The Gates worship. Or as most people call it, "melodic death metal".

edit: Not disagreeing with you, I'm definitely not as familiar with them as you seem to be ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Disco
    Chief Petty Officer

by Disco » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:05 pm

Darcy will you shut the hell up already? Correct me if i'm wrong but are why are you bitching about a band playing on a cruise you're not even going on?

I've tried to ignore your consistent trolling but frankly, it's getting old. It's one thing to express an opinion I mean we all them on here but that's not what you're doing. Your indoctrinating and trying to be right and makes you come off as a jerk.

Are you that miserable in life you have nothing postive to say about anything? Or is this the reaction you want?
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Disco wrote:Darcy will you shut the hell up already? Correct me if i'm wrong but are why are you bitching about a band playing on a cruise you're not even going on?

I've tried to ignore your consistent trolling but frankly, it's getting old. It's one thing to express an opinion I mean we all them on here but that's not what you're doing. Your indoctrinating and trying to be right and makes you come off as a jerk.

Are you that miserable in life you have nothing postive to say about anything? Or is this the reaction you want?

The best way to deal with it is to take his senseless rants with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure he is going on Barge though.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:11 pm

i think Soilwork is WAAAAAAY better than In Flames, if we're talking bands from Gothenburg who are booked on UMC cruises, but i would never ask for IF to get the boot!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:13 pm

WizardBeast wrote:i think Soilwork is WAAAAAAY better than In Flames, if we're talking bands from Gothenburg who are booked on UMC cruises, but i would never ask for IF to get the boot!

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people don't understand the whole concept of having the option of NOT WATCHING THE BAND. I mean I was a little upset with CoB being on the boat, because I think Alexi Laiho is a huge douche. But what did I do? I didn't watch CoB. Problem solved.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:i think Soilwork is WAAAAAAY better than In Flames, if we're talking bands from Gothenburg who are booked on UMC cruises, but i would never ask for IF to get the boot!

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people don't understand the whole concept of having the option of NOT WATCHING THE BAND. I mean I was a little upset with CoB being on the boat, because I think Alexi Laiho is a huge douche. But what did I do? I didn't watch CoB. Problem solved.

same here! i won't begrudge any of their fans the chance to get down and have fun watching their band!

and i do plan on going to both Soilwork sets, i think they've only had two kinda lame albums to me. lots of bands i love have done way worse!

if they were unable to play i would definitely be disappointed. a few other people going on Barge are soilwork fans as well, but yeah no one who gets picked to sail really deserves to get kicked off! remember when Circle II Circle was added and people were pissed because they were a no-name band to many of us? it all worked out fine! and in fact they're playing loads of fests these days.

Speed Strid, i'm huntin' you down for Karaoke! and i STILL think soilwork is unfairly ridiculed! they are the scapegoat for all bands who come from Gothenburg and have gotten "too melodic". their last album is pretty damn good!
  • DrStein
    Oiler

by DrStein » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:37 pm

Although they´re considered a Gothenburg sound band, they're not from Gothenburg. They're from Helsingborg in the south of Sweden.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:15 pm

DrStein wrote:

Although they´re considered a Gothenburg sound band, they're not from Gothenburg. They're from Helsingborg in the south of Sweden.

of course! there's the issue right there, they're from Helsingborg! silly southern swedes!

and what i say to them: "Det är kul att slicka på grönsaker!"

Jag älskar att prata pä svenska!

På morgonen, jag har hår som en igelkott. Jag behöver tio öl, tack som fan!

Jag är så duktig! Jag kommer att prata svenska med Speed! Jag vill krama honom!!!!!!! raooowww
  • DrStein
    Oiler

by DrStein » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:24 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    DrStein wrote:

of course! there's the issue right there, they're from Helsingborg! silly southern swedes!

and what i say to them: "Det är kul att slicka på grönsaker!"

Jag älskar att prata pä svenska!

På morgonen, jag har hår som en igelkott. Jag behöver tio öl, tack som fan!

Jag är så duktig! Jag kommer att prata svenska med Speed! Jag vill krama honom!!!!!!! raooowww

:deathhorns:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:36 pm

i did forget i could try to find those guys and try out my basic (and weird) swedish on them!!!

Ja för fan!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:50 pm

You should make sure to say very creepy things to them ;)
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:57 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:You should make sure to say very creepy things to them ;)

the first sentence was a little creepy. i can come up with better, though!

can always say "Jag vill ha din kropp"....i want your body!
    Last edited by WizardBeast on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:58 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:You should make sure to say very creepy things to them ;)

the first sentence was a little creepy. i can come up with better, though!

I'm sure you can! :lol:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Disco wrote:Darcy will you shut the hell up already? Correct me if i'm wrong but are why are you bitching about a band playing on a cruise you're not even going on?

#
    I'm going on the Barge or did you not notice me posting that one of our cabin mates had to bail out and we were looking for a 4th person.
    Actually my life is quite good at the moment.A lot of good things going on.So i'm actually quite happy ;)
    I did nearly have to bail on the Barge recently due to a lot of bills and i was falling behind on the payments but after some tough saving and cutting down on my weekly expenses everything has worked out XD
    Last edited by Metalwrath on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Darcy, my friend, I'm with you on the Soilwork hate. I used to like them, even saw them once or twice, but after their 4th album they just got too melodic and lame for me. I just can't dig Soilwork. I don't think I'll be watching their sets.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    Actually my life is quite good at the moment.A lot of good things going on.So i'm actually quite happy ;)

i'm happy for you that you're doing well, feeling better, being healthier, etc!

now just ignore soilwork and let those of us who dig them enjoy....i'll be rocking out at so many other sets on Barge that i'm sure you'll dig too, come on... :shred:
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Oh come on, this is classic Metalwrath. Isn't there a thread called "Music that Metalwrath likes" or something like it, and it's totally condescending and hilarious? And also an "I'm sorry I'm an asshole" thread? :lol: Whatever, I laughed when I saw this Soilwork-hate thread.

Metalwrath wrote:...cutting down on my weekly expenses everything has worked out XD

Like...booze and cigarettes I hope? :P

Metalwrath wrote:...why the fuck would you book this garbage?

To make lots of money. :roll:
    kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:07 pm

I never got into them. Then again, when I see dog shit I don't step in it either. I am not complaining plenty of my interests have been filled.
    Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:19 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:Oh come on, this is classic Metalwrath. Isn't there a thread called "Music that Metalwrath likes" or something like it, and it's totally condescending and hilarious? And also an "I'm sorry I'm an asshole" thread? :lol: Whatever, I laughed when I saw this Soilwork-hate thread.:

It was a pretty hilarious rant :lol:
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Stained Class wrote:Yeah, it seems like a lot of people don't understand the whole concept of having the option of NOT WATCHING THE BAND. I mean I was a little upset with CoB being on the boat, because I think Alexi Laiho is a huge douche. But what did I do? I didn't watch CoB. Problem solved.

Forreal.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Whether you like it or not, Soilwork have done more for metal than Hypocrisy has. You may not like the influence as it doesn't align with your tastes, but it's there. Hypocrisy hasn't had a relevent moment since when? 1996?

Natural Born Chaos was a landmark album for it's time. You may not like it because it's not copy/paste At The Gates, but no one sounded like that.

Also have to disagree about Soilwork > In Flames. In Flames 4 album straight run from Jester Race through Clayman is untouchable by any other Swedish band.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:11 pm

rwalters wrote:Whether you like it or not, Soilwork have done more for metal than Hypocrisy has. You may not like the influence as it doesn't align with your tastes, but it's there. Hypocrisy hasn't had a relevent moment since when? 1996?

Natural Born Chaos was a landmark album for it's time. You may not like it because it's not copy/paste At The Gates, but no one sounded like that.

Also have to disagree about Soilwork > In Flames. In Flames 4 album straight run from Jester Race through Clayman is untouchable by any other Swedish band.

Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Drink,

Give me a better 4 album straight run by a swedish band. I'm interested to read what you come up with.

Also, is Heaven Shall Burn on Barge? That would be FANTASTIC! Why do you have them marked in your wishlist?
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Dark Tranquillity, full discography. Man, that was easy.
    Also, that was the smallest of the lulz.
    Your opinion on Hypocrisy nearly made me think you had to be trolling... but you've clearly demonstrated that you truly think the things you say. But man... hilarious

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:33 pm

Hypocrisy commentary was half trolling. I do think Soilwork were more influential, but Hypocrisy hasn't been relevent since '96 thing was :lol:

Actually, it's not easy. I love Dark Tranquillity as much as the next guy, but they don't have 4 albums in a row that rule like In Flames ruled.

Example:

The Gallery
    Mind's Eye (not nearly as good as it's counterpart Whoracle, but whatever)
    Projector
    Haven (sucks)

Their streak doesn't hold up like In Flames Jester Race through Clayman.

If Haven was replaced by Damage Done, then you have something :)

Now if you want to say Dark Tranquillity is the most consistently good Swedish melodeath band ever, I'll agree with that (even though they've tried to replicate Damage Done for like 10 years now).
Post Reply 131 posts