Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1
Travel Insurance
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Travel Insurance

by X-Thor » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Anyone know where to get one? I really don't want to risk it by just googling it.

Also, does anyone know if I can purchase the insurance at the US, even if I live in México, or do I have to buy it at my home country?

Thanks!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Travel Insurance

by mooyagi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Most booking sites/airlines offer it at the time of booking, at least for the flights. If you book through am agency or book everything through one travel website, check with them. Otherwise, not sure of any third party insurance providers.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:32 am

Some banks provide travel insurance packages as well, at least mine does. Also it might be wise to get travel insurance in Mexico BEFORE you travel to the U.S. because I think if anything happened before you were insured, you might not be covered for it and won't be able to claim insurance.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:48 am

^Yeah, I have a travel insurance with my credit card. I looked at the terms, and it seems to be even better than the "normal" travel insurances (from insurance companies in Finland).
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    MrFish
    Oiler

by MrFish » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:14 am

Don't fall for that credit card insurance. It only applies to what you paid with the card. And they're quite picky (at least in Switzerland). E.g. they paid my guitar that was stolen in Hungary (who knew...) but not the guitar bag, even though the guitar was in the bag...
    Amon Amarth, Blind Guardian, Crematory, Crowbar, Dimmu Borgir, Elvenking, Excrementory Grindfuckers, Finntroll, Folkearth, Graveworm, GURD, Hammerfall, Kataklysm, KMFDM, Lamb of God, Legion of the Damned, Old Man's Child, Pain, Rob Zombie, Tenacious D
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:30 am

Nope, I did go through the terms carefully. It applies on all travels, no matter what you paid it with.
    Well, I do have another travel insurance as well, but, like I wrote earlier, the insurance that comes with my credit card has better coverage.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:53 am

Hmm, I'll have to check my credit card. maybe it has that insurance already.

Thank you all!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Pam_T_Silas
    Wiper

by Pam_T_Silas » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:03 am

X-Thor wrote:Anyone know where to get one? I really don't want to risk it by just googling it.

Also, does anyone know if I can purchase the insurance at the US, even if I live in México, or do I have to buy it at my home country?

Thanks!

You can try to the Allied Group, hope they can assist well as your requirement.
  • Alston9
    Wiper

by Alston9 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:05 am

I normally prefer go insurance, but for my traveling to the USA, 1 Cover had better policy coverage, and was cheaper. Didn't have to make a claim thankfully so can't comment on that side of things, but they were the best option I found.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:24 am

Alston9 wrote:I normally prefer go insurance, but for my traveling to the USA, 1 Cover had better policy coverage, and was cheaper. Didn't have to make a claim thankfully so can't comment on that side of things, but they were the best option I found.

for next year
    worldnomads.com is a good one.
    metal4ever
Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1