Post Reply 63 posts
How would you describe the cruise?
    SHMILY123
    Oiler

How would you describe the cruise?

by SHMILY123 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Hello all! I'm thinking about surprising my husband with this trip. We had originally talked about going back in 2011 on the first 70K cruise, but ended up not going. Part of the reason was my apprehension about the atmosphere, since I'm much more introverted and shy than he is. So, my question to you veteran cruisers: what is the atmosphere like around the ship? Obviously, the performances are a little wild and crazy (as they should be), but what is it like in the dining venues and the public areas? Is there a "safe place" for the crazy introvert to go? ;) I'd really like to be able to do this trip for him...and I know I would enjoy it too. Anybody able to put my mind at ease? Thanks!!!
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

Re: How would you describe the cruise?

by Monmisreal » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Trip of a lifetime really. You can do the sit down dining, but you definitely want to play it around bands, or you can go ahead and hit up the buffet. There are definitely parts of the ship you can go and just chill. Between all the sets running from 10am-4am-ish and then metal karaoke going on until late morning theres always something to do. You definitely wont regret it. Everyone is extremely nice and there havent been any major issues in the last two cruises. One or two scattered incidents but those seemed to have been issues way before the cruise.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:18 pm

I don't think you'll have to worry about people making you uncomfortable. Everyone there is having fun and being very social but the fancy dining areas are less busy than a regular cruise. The people generally aren't the crazy stereotypical running around and breaking shit that you might expect from having so many metalheads in one place. Of course, there are TVs in your room if you REALLY need to get away from having people around, but I don't think it'll be an issue. You can always go up to the upper deck or even the lounge that's 2 decks above the main stage as well. Personally, it's the best week of my life every time I go and I gaurantee you'll have a great time ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:20 pm

Stained Class wrote:The people generally aren't the crazy stereotypical running around and breaking shit that you might expect from having so many metalheads in one place.

Yea, I love that about the cruise. Its the ones that cant afford it that would be a terror, but somehow I suspect they all would have been on the Mayhem Cruise :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:The people generally aren't the crazy stereotypical running around and breaking shit that you might expect from having so many metalheads in one place.

Yea, I love that about the cruise. Its the ones that cant afford it that would be a terror, but somehow I suspect they all would have been on the Mayhem Cruise :lol:

I saw a few broken things on the last cruise but overall everyone is very respectful of the ship and the people on it.

There are many places to go to escape from others if one needs quiet time. The hallways around the cabins have been eerily quiet probably due to the fact that there's always something going on around the ship. Everyone is very friendly and there to all have a great time. For an introvert, you may find it quite easy to actually make friends on broad. If you wanna keep to yourself, you certainly can do that too.

I think what we're all trying to get at here is BOOK NOW! :headbanger:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:01 pm

The cruise is totally what you make of it. First thing you should do is BOOK IT NOW, then worry about all the other things second.

You can't accurately describe this experience to someone until you go through it. Words don't do it justice :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:04 pm

The cruise is perfect minus all the smoking going on inside.

That's the only thing that could really make it even better than it is.

You will not regret going.
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:36 pm

I have been on the first 2 cruises with my wife who is not a metal fan.
    She has had no problem and we are going back for number 3.
    As a long time metalhead I can think of no better set up for 4 days of watching metal shows.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Ecliptica wrote:The cruise is perfect minus all the smoking going on inside.

True, as a non smoker I detested it, even though I sorta like the intamicy of the Spectrum Lounge :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Skwizgar
    Petty Officer

by Skwizgar » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:22 pm

The event has a very welcoming and easygoing atmosphere. It's not harsh at all. People are easygoing, friendly, and respectful. I spoke with the captain (I went in January 2012 for the first time), and he said that after two years of it, he loves this cruise because it causes him the least amount of problems among the passengers that he's ever encountered in his long career. People on the ship are friendly, respectful of others, non-judgemental, and the crew is excellent. In 2012, there was absolutely no violence (that I saw and I was all over that boat), no aggression, and basically it was a wonderful experience of bonding with folks from all over the world. You don't have to like the music (you can find a number of things to do other than listen to music), but I promise, if you go, you'll end up loving the people.

Give it a shot. You'll love it. You'll love the people you meet. They're awesome, and very easygoing. Metalheads are the nicest people you'll ever meet. This last cruise was one of the very best experiences of my life, and I'm 48. I'm going on Barge to Hell next month, and I could not be more excited.

The atmosphere is absolutely wonderful. And the bands are friendly and approachable, and you get to socialize with them. After all, you're all on the same cruise.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    Amon Amarth - Gorgoroth - (the reanimated corps of) Celtic Frost - Bloodhag -[b] [b]- um, what where we talking about?
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:35 pm

It's just a surreal experience. Everyone is very happy and friendly. I sometimes get annoyed with too many people around but that was never the case on the cruise. I went by myself in 2011 and didn't know anyone and within the first night met some awesome people who I still keep in touch with now.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:28 pm

this will be the trip of your life even if you are shy, tall, small, you are under 18 or 21, you use a wheel chair, you are a granpha, if you enjoy metal and rock you will make many friends from many countries that you will be able to meet every year, you'll have the opportunity to go wild, to be with your lover, swimm at the pool while attend to the gigs, to reast and eat well or party all night at the karaoke bar with many band members!, this is something you have to live, the words, pictures or videos cannot describe the experience of being in the middle of the nothing feeling the breeze of the sea, drinking, surrounded by friends without prejudices and your favourite band members.

book now
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:26 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:The cruise is perfect minus all the smoking going on inside.

True, as a non smoker I detested it, even though I sorta like the intamicy of the Spectrum Lounge :mrgreen:

Agreed.
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Someone mentioned no violence - I keep meaning to make a thread about it so I'll just post here and nobody can say there was no warning.

I'm directing this to a long-haired blonde guy, stringy quality to the hair. Late twenties or early thirties. You brought along some inflatable thing (a duck? I forget) to various band signings. You were laughing around with people and seemed friendly, but I saw you snap with no warning. You went after a guy during Eluveitie and viciously starting punching him in the face, and trying to gouge the eyes. I was at the whole show, and at most he lightly brushed up against you, and it was very tame (as is the whole cruise). You were pulled away before I could come over, but rest assured that if you're on this year, I and others will delight in kicking your ass if you pull any shit like that.

Just having you on board walking around after that display made my blood boil.
    -------------------
    To answer the thread though, it's great. I've seen one altercation, people are well behaved, and the second year became much more family friendly. I didn't see any nudity at all.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:49 pm

alex_canada wrote:Someone mentioned no violence - I keep meaning to make a thread about it so I'll just post here and nobody can say there was no warning.

I'm directing this to a long-haired blonde guy, stringy quality to the hair. Late twenties or early thirties. You brought along some inflatable thing (a duck? I forget) to various band signings. You were laughing around with people and seemed friendly, but I saw you snap with no warning. You went after a guy during Eluveitie and viciously starting punching him in the face, and trying to gouge the eyes. I was at the whole show, and at most he lightly brushed up against you, and it was very tame (as is the whole cruise). You were pulled away before I could come over, but rest assured that if you're on this year, I and others will delight in kicking your ass if you pull any shit like that.

-------------------
    To answer the thread though, it's great. I've seen one altercation, people are well behaved, and the second year became much more family friendly. I didn't see any nudity at all.

I had never heard of that. Thankfully, incidents like that appear to be extremely rare.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:51 pm

Nudity is bad for kids and moshing and power-drinking isn't?

Yer a strange duck sir :P
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:06 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Nudity is bad for kids and moshing and power-drinking isn't?

Yer a strange duck sir :P

Don't get me wrong, I love nudity. I'm naked right now. It's just less "normal" than drinking
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:30 am

been on both 70K cruises and i can say i have vever been to a metal concert in a more relaxed envourment.
    everybody has been vary friendly and if you feel you need to step away for awhile you have a couple places too eat, drink, and relax
    2 of the best weeks of my life
    doing BTH and now thinking about 70K round 3
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:43 am

Orgasm on the ocean
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    SHMILY123
    Oiler

by SHMILY123 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:07 am

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the feedback! And you have all definitely put my mind at ease :) I'm really excited about planning this as a surprise for my husband. He is going to be beyond thrilled! I look forward to meeting everyone on the trip...if you see an extremely nervous-looking passenger when you get on the boat, it might be me, so be nice and say hi! :)
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:26 am

andyrea84 wrote:Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the feedback! And you have all definitely put my mind at ease :) I'm really excited about planning this as a surprise for my husband. He is going to be beyond thrilled! I look forward to meeting everyone on the trip...if you see an extremely nervous-looking passenger when you get on the boat, it might be me, so be nice and say hi! :)

I've never been to 70K, but I understand everyone is quite friendly and open, so I think you'll have a really good time. See you there!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:54 am

pablov8 wrote:Orgasm on the ocean

That'll be the back of the Barge to Rainbows shirt
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:46 am

alex_canada wrote:
    pablov8 wrote:Orgasm on the ocean

That'll be the back of the Barge to Rainbows shirt

Best shirt ever.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:56 am

alex_canada wrote:Someone mentioned no violence - I keep meaning to make a thread about it so I'll just post here and nobody can say there was no warning.

-------------------

As an addition to this, I was involved in a minor altercation on the most recent cruise. There was some dude who kept ramming into everyone, running around and pushing/kicking people at an AMORPHIS show in the chorus line. He punched some girl so I ended up putting him on the floor. He kinda fucked off after that. That was the only violence I personally saw at any of the shows.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:33 am

viathyn wrote:

-------------------

As an addition to this, I was involved in a minor altercation on the most recent cruise. There was some dude who kept ramming into everyone, running around and pushing/kicking people at an AMORPHIS show in the chorus line. He punched some girl so I ended up putting him on the floor. He kinda fucked off after that. That was the only violence I personally saw at any of the shows.

I remember that. I see worse things happen at almost every show I go to in Calgary anyways. It was lame of him though.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:08 pm

viathyn wrote:As an addition to this, I was involved in a minor altercation on the most recent cruise. There was some dude who kept ramming into everyone, running around and pushing/kicking people at an AMORPHIS show in the chorus line. He punched some girl so I ended up putting him on the floor. He kinda fucked off after that. That was the only violence I personally saw at any of the shows.

I saw it from balcony. Well done Viathyn :death:

For me the 70k anno 2012, has been the ultimate vacation and best ever in my long life :mrgreen:
    I wish I have made more friends but I was kind of shy around all you young & pretty guys :oops:
    I think metal cruise should be kind of "pilgrimage" for any serious metalhead.
    Great fun, great music, fantastic venue, awesome people.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:13 pm

Like already said above ' a trip of a lifetime' and I plan on putting more under my belt. Anyways there are many places to separate yourself from crowds or what ever on the ship. I had to do it a few times, just because I get anxiety attacks from being around people at times. I saw no problems on board and met a fellow metalhead and will be catching up with him on the 70K 2013. Chatted with fans and musicians from all over with easy and no stress at all.

In closing it is worth it. :headbanger:
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:20 pm

So, Andyrea84, what's your name and which boat are you going to be on?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:11 pm

I would describe it as being on vacation on a boat with 2000 of your best friends you haven't met yet. When I first heard about round 1 my first thought was someone will die. I couldn't make it anyways but some friends went and tr reviews came in, so I bought a ticket for round 2. Now I'm not the most extroverted person but I had no problems on the boat at all. We were all there for our love of music which made everyone so relatable. Even the artists who I was hesitant about talkin to at first were awesome. Having a few drinks with Thomas Youngblood to getting my picture with Therion it was a great experience all around
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:48 pm

Stained Class wrote:I remember that. I see worse things happen at almost every show I go to in Calgary anyways. It was lame of him though.

Yeah, definitely a lot less than I'd be used to seeing at a metal show. But everyone has paid a good chunk of change, I figured that would've worked as a filter on those types.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Like everyone have already stated this is the most awesome festival you will ever attend. No matter if there are crappy bands on the roster; you can use that time to socialize, go get some food or much needed sleep.

My advice would be to go make friends on broad. I'm not a very social person myself and don't like crowds, but the second cruise was much more fun than the first one (and don't get me wrong, the first one was a blast) simply because I was more social and got to know a lot of new people.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    doc
    Crewman

by doc » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:56 pm

viathyn wrote:As an addition to this, I was involved in a minor altercation on the most recent cruise. There was some dude who kept ramming into everyone, running around and pushing/kicking people at an AMORPHIS show in the chorus line. He punched some girl so I ended up putting him on the floor. He kinda fucked off after that. That was the only violence I personally saw at any of the shows.

My gawd, sounds almost like description of me at metal shows in Switzerland, with some minor differences like it's usually some brutal death metal shit going, and girly swiss standing boys are the punched ones as they are lame fuckers do not understanding the essence and philosophy of the mosh :D
    I felt almost inappropriate at last Nile gig, except not a single fuck that evening was given :deathmetal: :death: :shred:
    Wishlist BTH2014: Aeon, Beneath the Massacre, Black Dahlia Murder, Bloodbath, Bolt Thrower, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Codeon, Death To All, Decapitated, Deicide, Gorod, Hour of Penance, Morbid Angel, Nile, Oral Fistfuck, Slayer, Suicidal Angels, Vader
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:01 am

I was surprised at 70K 1 ... did not expect what had become such an awesome experience. The people were friendly, the trip was awesome and the bands topped the cake with their eagerness to meet the fans.

issues with delays, sound (at first) and this and that .... seemed petty once things started rollin' and the ease to get to the front of almost any show you want to see without killin' yourself made everything all the better

trip number 2, started with delays (new staging) a great pull through by the crew to get things going late into the night and bring things back on track .... ( a few schedule changes) but amazing in the end

again the bands were fantastic and willin' to give a hello, picture or share a drink (for the most part) .... there seemed to be more peeps on the second cruise, but for the most part everyone was very friendly, the forum members even had a get together (which was one of the highlights of the second cruise) to actually talk in person with most everyone here just made it feel more like a family event.

trip 3 doing Barge and looking to more of the same - delays, sound and this and that lol ......... hint hint are we doing a forum meet up after the muster drill again? I hope so

trip 4 thinking about 70k round 3 ......... because we just can't get enough :cheers: :beerhorns:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:14 am

I'm exactly like you, very introverted and shy, and afraid of approaching anyone, but I had fun on the cruise, had the best time of my life infact! I can't do it next year because i'm saving for a few Euro metal festivals, but I'm seriously considering going again in 2014. I didn't find the atmosphere at all aggressive or uncomfortable, but then again being an introvert I mostly kept to myself and just did my own thing, I didn't do any sit-down dining because I didn't want to miss anything because I heard the service is very slow. The Viking Lounge is a good place to go if you want to get away for a bit and chill, theres a good view of the whole pool deck area from up there. So I'm sure the atmosphere won't be a problem at all for you.

As for altercations, I didn't witness any and was not involved in any. Occasionally you'll get the douchebag that thinks he owns the space around him, and I hate people like that, not long after I got on the boat some pansy motherfucker was running and twirling around like a girl not looking where he's going outside on the upper deck and almost rammed straight into me, he kinda just stopped and stared at me for a few seconds when I shoved him away, I would have decked the prick if we had left port already but since we hadn't I feared I might get kicked off the boat. Inconsiderate people just piss me right the fuck off, it's even making me mad now just thinking about it :evil: A very minor problem, but that is the only problem I had the whole cruise...
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:52 am

Except that I can't really be in the crowd while the gigs (cause of my short height), I'm going to look at the stages from a higher level with a good view. But that will be for me the highest time of my life. To attend to a lot of gigs in few days, to meet some metal fans from all around the world and to have a lot of great times, included to visit an Island I wouldn't do in some other way, that's really exciting :D I'm really looking forward :headbanger: Well, I know that I'll be tired with the walk on the ship, but it worth it, for sure.

The most of the time I'm alone at home as I'm not working outside cause of my disability, but when I can do it, I love to attend some gigs, where in general the people are friendly with me.

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:17 am

Conrad wrote:I didn't do any sit-down dining because I didn't want to miss anything because I heard the service is very slow.

I wouldn't necessarily say it was slow but as a multi-course meal it is designed to move along at a very leisurely pace. One does need to plan for about an hour and half to do the sit down dining.
    SHMILY123
    Oiler

by SHMILY123 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Thanks again to everyone for all the responses! Trip planning is officially in the works...will probably book our cabin next Monday or Tuesday...hotel is booked, and I'm watching flight prices. Very excited! I'm pretty sure I may win "Wife of the Year" award when my husband gets this as a Christmas present! Now I've just got to keep my big mouth shut and not give away the surprise!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Ah, christmas present. So you'll be on the January cruise then. I won't see you there but enjoy it! I hope I have a wife that awesome some day hahaha.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    SHMILY123
    Oiler

by SHMILY123 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm going to make sure to show your post to my husband! Enjoy your trip!!
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:52 pm

I'm very introverted and shy as well, and I had no problems on the cruise. I rarely felt out of place or awkward. People were very friendly, and when I wanted to be alone there were plenty of places to watch the band and not be harassed by drunk guys :lol: I only had one instance where one dude would just NOT fuck off, but even that wasn't too bad. I didn't see any violence, nor did I see any broken glass. Most everyone was really well-behaved, friendly, and courteous.
Post Reply 63 posts