Post Reply 63 posts
How would you describe the cruise?
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: How would you describe the cruise?

by Stained Class » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:I'm very introverted and shy as well

Are you? I never even noticed. I guess the cruise is just that awesome haha.

I saw broken glass in one of the bathrooms once but it was out of the way so it didn't harm anyone :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Stained Class wrote:

I saw broken glass in one of the bathrooms once but it was out of the way so it didn't harm anyone :lol:

You were one of the few people that I even hung out with on the cruise. I watched most sets either alone or with Jeff.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:05 pm

We listen to the exact same music and I didn't see you once ::shrug::
    SHMILY123
    Oiler

by SHMILY123 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:08 pm

It sounds like I may be in good company of other introverts! The only concert I've gone to with my metalhead was Ensiferum, and I just sat in the back of the room and listened...not much of a 'participant'...no moshing, no headbanging ;)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:08 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

You were one of the few people that I even hung out with on the cruise. I watched most sets either alone or with Jeff.

I guess I did talk to you quite a bit on facebook before I actually met you like a year ago so I may not have noticed. Hey remember that time I almost killed you like a year ago? That wasn't cool. :oops:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Stained Class wrote:I guess I did talk to you quite a bit on facebook before I actually met you like a year ago so I may not have noticed. Hey remember that time I almost killed you like a year ago? That wasn't cool. :oops:

Hahahhaa Jeff and I call that intersection "Dead Joey's Turn"
    Of everyone on the cruise, you should've been the one I avoided, what with your almost killing us. :lol:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:06 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote: I only had one instance where one dude would just NOT fuck off

By the looks of your avatar, that dude still hasn't fucked off.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Conrad wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote: I only had one instance where one dude would just NOT fuck off

:lol: Zing!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:20 pm

You two can go and spend the entire time together. You can be completely on your own. The trip is what you make of it. No one will bother you at all (mostly)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:18 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:I guess I did talk to you quite a bit on facebook before I actually met you like a year ago so I may not have noticed. Hey remember that time I almost killed you like a year ago? That wasn't cool. :oops:

Of everyone on the cruise, you should've been the one I avoided, what with your almost killing us. :lol:

:lol: you falling in the hot tub and getting a giant bruise had nothing to do with me. Although i might be bad luck. Oh dear :?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:52 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:I'm very introverted and shy as well, and I had no problems on the cruise. I rarely felt out of place or awkward. People were very friendly, and when I wanted to be alone there were plenty of places to watch the band and not be harassed by drunk guys :lol: I only had one instance where one dude would just NOT fuck off, but even that wasn't too bad. I didn't see any violence, nor did I see any broken glass. Most everyone was really well-behaved, friendly, and courteous.

For being such a nut online, I was kinda surprised by this myself. Then I realized you were just a folk metal pansy and it all made sense :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Conrad wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:57 am

andyrea84 wrote:It sounds like I may be in good company of other introverts! The only concert I've gone to with my metalhead was Ensiferum, and I just sat in the back of the room and listened...not much of a 'participant'...no moshing, no headbanging ;)

My wife is not into metal either, but she said this was the best vacation she's ever been on. You won't regret it, and I guarantee we'll see you in 2014 too.
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:06 am

I'll probably be there in 2014, way too far away at this stage to make it definite, but the plan is to attend in 2014 anyway. I never mosh or headbang either, I like to enjoy listening and watching a band play on stage, so I too stand at the back usually.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:44 am

Life changing!
    I made the Devil do it.
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:52 am

The cruise is a load of shit. It's nothing but dudes and bros, and the music sucks too. There's no beer and you have to wait in line to see the shows.

:twisted:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:02 am

[quote="SlaytanicE21"]The cruise is a load of shit. It's nothing but dudes and bros, and the music sucks too. There's no beer and you have to wait in line to see the shows.

Do you need a hug??

"The sun's too hot", "My drinnk is too cold" , "There are kids running around being noisy", "There are too many Mexicans", "It's too noisy" "Why isn"t everyone speaking American"(This was from Alex Skolnick from Testament on the first cruise while he was in Mexico, talking aboot some tourist)

Oh, wait,, that was what the awesome staff on broad said aboot EVERY OTHER CRUISE GUEST

The staff LOVED us. This was an unbelievable experience. Both times and I'm coming back for more.

I also travlled alone, but felt like I knew people right away and was comfortable just hanging out, striking upo conversations with people from all over the world, banging heads, pounding beers and going 20hrs a day. One big surprise was the respect and behaviour of everyone. The toilets weren't smashed, no fights, etc....

I always wanted to go Euro fests like Wacken. But after this, I don't think I could go do a mud pit camping,sleeping on the ground covered in shit.
    It was first class.... need a shower, head to your cabin, grab a bite.. Still puzzles my why there was still so much BO on the cruise though.. First world problems..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy the fun and genuine friendships that generate from here.
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
  • Disco
    Chief Petty Officer

by Disco » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Mal2000 wrote:
    viathyn wrote:As an addition to this, I was involved in a minor altercation on the most recent cruise. There was some dude who kept ramming into everyone, running around and pushing/kicking people at an AMORPHIS show in the chorus line. He punched some girl so I ended up putting him on the floor. He kinda fucked off after that. That was the only violence I personally saw at any of the shows.

Really? I could expcet that happening at Overkill's set but Amorphis? They're music isn't that aggresive.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:24 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Conrad wrote:

:lol: Zing!

Hahahaha good one.
    Nah that annoying dude was french or some shit.

KevinP wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:I'm very introverted and shy as well, and I had no problems on the cruise. I rarely felt out of place or awkward. People were very friendly, and when I wanted to be alone there were plenty of places to watch the band and not be harassed by drunk guys :lol: I only had one instance
    where one dude would just NOT fuck off, but even that wasn't too bad. I didn't see any violence, nor did I see any broken glass. Most everyone was really well-behaved, friendly, and courteous.

For being such a nut online, I was kinda surprised by this myself. Then I realized you were just a folk metal pansy and it all made sense :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha yeaaaaa well once im comfortable with people in person i tend to act more like i do online ;)
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:

:lol: you falling in the hot tub and getting a giant bruise had nothing to do with me. Although i might be bad luck. Oh dear :?

That sucked. I had the WORST bruise and afterward i think people wondered if jeff beat me :lol:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:09 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:Haha yeaaaaa well once im comfortable with people in person i tend to act more like i do online ;)

I don't remember ever getting the shy vibe off you when with each other and towards each other. I've noticed trepidation for you with others that you haven't met but that seemed normal to me.

Must mean we're just kismet :D
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Evil Red wrote:Life changing!

:viking:

my description : one word...
    HEAVEN
    not that I'm saying it exists..but if so then this is the place.. our Majesty
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • gajone
    Crewman

by gajone » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:27 am

Pretty hilarious that the Barge to HELL could be described as heavenly :lol: