Post Reply 63 posts
How would you describe the cruise?
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by Stained Class » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm

    AlaskaRachel wrote:I'm very introverted and shy as well

    Are you? I never even noticed. I guess the cruise is just that awesome haha.

    I saw broken glass in one of the bathrooms once but it was out of the way so it didn't harm anyone :lol:
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3624
    Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Contact:

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by AlaskaRachel » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:02 pm

    Stained Class wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:I'm very introverted and shy as well

    Are you? I never even noticed. I guess the cruise is just that awesome haha.

    I saw broken glass in one of the bathrooms once but it was out of the way so it didn't harm anyone :lol:

    You were one of the few people that I even hung out with on the cruise. I watched most sets either alone or with Jeff.
  • User avatar
    Ecliptica
    Ensign
    Posts: 1431
    Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:35 pm

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by Ecliptica » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:05 pm

    We listen to the exact same music and I didn't see you once ::shrug::
  • User avatar
    SHMILY123
    Oiler
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:51 pm

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by SHMILY123 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:08 pm

    It sounds like I may be in good company of other introverts! The only concert I've gone to with my metalhead was Ensiferum, and I just sat in the back of the room and listened...not much of a 'participant'...no moshing, no headbanging ;)
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by Stained Class » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:08 pm

    AlaskaRachel wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:I'm very introverted and shy as well

    Are you? I never even noticed. I guess the cruise is just that awesome haha.

    I saw broken glass in one of the bathrooms once but it was out of the way so it didn't harm anyone :lol:

    You were one of the few people that I even hung out with on the cruise. I watched most sets either alone or with Jeff.

    I guess I did talk to you quite a bit on facebook before I actually met you like a year ago so I may not have noticed. Hey remember that time I almost killed you like a year ago? That wasn't cool. :oops:
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3624
    Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Contact:

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by AlaskaRachel » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:17 pm

    Stained Class wrote:I guess I did talk to you quite a bit on facebook before I actually met you like a year ago so I may not have noticed. Hey remember that time I almost killed you like a year ago? That wasn't cool. :oops:

    Hahahhaa Jeff and I call that intersection "Dead Joey's Turn"
    Of everyone on the cruise, you should've been the one I avoided, what with your almost killing us. :lol:
  • User avatar
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1907
    Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm
    Location: London, England.
    Contact:

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by doomguy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:06 pm

    AlaskaRachel wrote: I only had one instance where one dude would just NOT fuck off

    By the looks of your avatar, that dude still hasn't fucked off.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

    2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21273
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by mooyagi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:51 pm

    Conrad wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote: I only had one instance where one dude would just NOT fuck off

    By the looks of your avatar, that dude still hasn't fucked off.


    :lol: Zing!
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 397
    Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:31 am

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by rwalters » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:20 pm

    You two can go and spend the entire time together. You can be completely on your own. The trip is what you make of it. No one will bother you at all (mostly)
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by Stained Class » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:18 pm

    AlaskaRachel wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:I guess I did talk to you quite a bit on facebook before I actually met you like a year ago so I may not have noticed. Hey remember that time I almost killed you like a year ago? That wasn't cool. :oops:

    Hahahhaa Jeff and I call that intersection "Dead Joey's Turn"
    Of everyone on the cruise, you should've been the one I avoided, what with your almost killing us. :lol:

    :lol: you falling in the hot tub and getting a giant bruise had nothing to do with me. Although i might be bad luck. Oh dear :?
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by KevinP » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:52 pm

    AlaskaRachel wrote:I'm very introverted and shy as well, and I had no problems on the cruise. I rarely felt out of place or awkward. People were very friendly, and when I wanted to be alone there were plenty of places to watch the band and not be harassed by drunk guys :lol: I only had one instance where one dude would just NOT fuck off, but even that wasn't too bad. I didn't see any violence, nor did I see any broken glass. Most everyone was really well-behaved, friendly, and courteous.


    For being such a nut online, I was kinda surprised by this myself. Then I realized you were just a folk metal pansy and it all made sense :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by KDibildeaux » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:07 pm

    Conrad wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote: I only had one instance where one dude would just NOT fuck off

    By the looks of your avatar, that dude still hasn't fucked off.

    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 498
    Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:42 pm
    Location: Chicago, IL

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by Castroh » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:57 am

    andyrea84 wrote:It sounds like I may be in good company of other introverts! The only concert I've gone to with my metalhead was Ensiferum, and I just sat in the back of the room and listened...not much of a 'participant'...no moshing, no headbanging ;)

    My wife is not into metal either, but she said this was the best vacation she's ever been on. You won't regret it, and I guarantee we'll see you in 2014 too.
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
  • User avatar
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1907
    Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm
    Location: London, England.
    Contact:

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by doomguy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:06 am

    I'll probably be there in 2014, way too far away at this stage to make it definite, but the plan is to attend in 2014 anyway. I never mosh or headbang either, I like to enjoy listening and watching a band play on stage, so I too stand at the back usually.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

    2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • User avatar
    Evil Red
    Midshipman
    Posts: 672
    Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:52 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA USA

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by Evil Red » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:44 am

    Life changing!
    I made the Devil do it.
  • User avatar
    Malaka
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2958
    Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by Malaka » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:52 am

    The cruise is a load of shit. It's nothing but dudes and bros, and the music sucks too. There's no beer and you have to wait in line to see the shows.












    :twisted:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • User avatar
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2158
    Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm
    Location: Edmonton,Canada
    Contact:

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by Jaimie38 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:02 am

    [quote="SlaytanicE21"]The cruise is a load of shit. It's nothing but dudes and bros, and the music sucks too. There's no beer and you have to wait in line to see the shows.


    Do you need a hug??

    "The sun's too hot", "My drinnk is too cold" , "There are kids running around being noisy", "There are too many Mexicans", "It's too noisy" "Why isn"t everyone speaking American"(This was from Alex Skolnick from Testament on the first cruise while he was in Mexico, talking aboot some tourist)

    Oh, wait,, that was what the awesome staff on broad said aboot EVERY OTHER CRUISE GUEST

    The staff LOVED us. This was an unbelievable experience. Both times and I'm coming back for more.

    I also travlled alone, but felt like I knew people right away and was comfortable just hanging out, striking upo conversations with people from all over the world, banging heads, pounding beers and going 20hrs a day. One big surprise was the respect and behaviour of everyone. The toilets weren't smashed, no fights, etc....

    I always wanted to go Euro fests like Wacken. But after this, I don't think I could go do a mud pit camping,sleeping on the ground covered in shit.
    It was first class.... need a shower, head to your cabin, grab a bite.. Still puzzles my why there was still so much BO on the cruise though.. First world problems..

    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

    Enjoy the fun and genuine friendships that generate from here.
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
  • Disco
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 651
    Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Detroit
    Contact:

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by Disco » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:34 pm

    Mal2000 wrote:
    viathyn wrote:As an addition to this, I was involved in a minor altercation on the most recent cruise. There was some dude who kept ramming into everyone, running around and pushing/kicking people at an AMORPHIS show in the chorus line. He punched some girl so I ended up putting him on the floor. He kinda fucked off after that. That was the only violence I personally saw at any of the shows.


    Really? I could expcet that happening at Overkill's set but Amorphis? They're music isn't that aggresive.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
  • User avatar
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3624
    Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Contact:

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by AlaskaRachel » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:24 pm

    mooyagi wrote:
    Conrad wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote: I only had one instance where one dude would just NOT fuck off

    By the looks of your avatar, that dude still hasn't fucked off.


    :lol: Zing!

    Hahahaha good one.
    Nah that annoying dude was french or some shit.

    KevinP wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:I'm very introverted and shy as well, and I had no problems on the cruise. I rarely felt out of place or awkward. People were very friendly, and when I wanted to be alone there were plenty of places to watch the band and not be harassed by drunk guys :lol: I only had one instance
    where one dude would just NOT fuck off, but even that wasn't too bad. I didn't see any violence, nor did I see any broken glass. Most everyone was really well-behaved, friendly, and courteous.

    For being such a nut online, I was kinda surprised by this myself. Then I realized you were just a folk metal pansy and it all made sense :lol: :lol: :lol:

    Haha yeaaaaa well once im comfortable with people in person i tend to act more like i do online ;)
  • User avatar
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3624
    Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Contact:

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by AlaskaRachel » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:27 pm

    Stained Class wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:I guess I did talk to you quite a bit on facebook before I actually met you like a year ago so I may not have noticed. Hey remember that time I almost killed you like a year ago? That wasn't cool. :oops:

    Hahahhaa Jeff and I call that intersection "Dead Joey's Turn"
    Of everyone on the cruise, you should've been the one I avoided, what with your almost killing us. :lol:

    :lol: you falling in the hot tub and getting a giant bruise had nothing to do with me. Although i might be bad luck. Oh dear :?

    That sucked. I had the WORST bruise and afterward i think people wondered if jeff beat me :lol:
  • User avatar
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3825
    Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:45 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by vikingbitch » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:09 am

    AlaskaRachel wrote:Haha yeaaaaa well once im comfortable with people in person i tend to act more like i do online ;)


    I don't remember ever getting the shy vibe off you when with each other and towards each other. I've noticed trepidation for you with others that you haven't met but that seemed normal to me.

    Must mean we're just kismet :D
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • User avatar
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman
    Posts: 699
    Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:11 pm
    Location: PA
    Contact:

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by DemonNIN » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:08 pm

    Evil Red wrote:Life changing!

    :viking:

    my description : one word...
    HEAVEN
    not that I'm saying it exists..but if so then this is the place.. our Majesty
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • gajone
    Crewman
    Posts: 72
    Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 1:19 pm

    Re: How would you describe the cruise?

    by gajone » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:27 am

    Pretty hilarious that the Barge to HELL could be described as heavenly :lol:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: slayergeek and 55 guests