by Metalwrath » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:42 am

22 Arcacia Avenue
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Hotel reccomendations?

by Ravenlord » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:16 am

Metalwrath wrote:22 Arcacia Avenue

Lol! You spelled it wrong!
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Hotel reccomendations?

by bangers » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:43 am

Can't go wrong wif Holiday Inn - Miami port
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
  • juggernaut
    Crewman

What hotel are you staying in??

by juggernaut » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:12 am

Maybe nice to make a list of all people and the hotels they are staying in:

Juggernaut (me) - Marseilles hotel or Holiday Inn (beachfront).
    Cabin 5077
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

Re: What hotel are you staying in??

by Inquisitor » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:25 am

Not booked yet, but probably Holiday Inn - Port of Miami
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:26 am

Will only stay in the Holiday Inn again if I can get a cheap room... which I doubt.

I'll be more than happy to make a pre-cruise creeper map though :P
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:36 am

wildchild + 15 mates staying at the South Beach hostel
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012
    Of all the things I´ve lost, I miss my mind the most...

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:38 am

Inquisitor wrote:Not booked yet, but probably Holiday Inn - Port of Miami

that is my curent plan but will see after all other details are worked out
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:43 am

I haven't looked at it yet, but it would be nice to stay in the same place as other forumites :)

We will probably start planning our trip after the summer festivals :)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:00 am

Cabinmate Margie (Goddess of Metal) (*waves @ Margie* :headbanger: ) & I may be looking for a couple extra people to share a Miami hotel the night before and after the cruise to save some $ - just sayin'. Also - how was that Holiday Inn folks? The place my roommate & I stayed last year was very nice but very $ - want to slum it more this year (within reason of course!) :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:07 am

The rooms were very spacious and the beds comfortable but that didn't make a difference since I would have slept in the middle of the street I was that drunk after the pre-party.

I don't really think it's worth paying loads of money for a hotel since we don't intend to spend much time in the rooms. We could perhaps grab a whole 4 - 6 - 8 bed hostel room if that isn't too slummy for you :D
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:15 am

Just booked our 5 star hotel for the cruise next year.
    We'll be staying in a 4 man luxury suite

MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 am

Metalwrath wrote:Just booked our 5 star hotel for the cruise next year.
    We'll be staying in a 4 man luxury suite

:lol:
    That must cost you a fortune :lol:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:28 am

looking at holiday inn port of Miami price line $178 2 double few rooms available for 1/22/12 - 1/23/12 .7 miles from port 3 star hotel

did anyone stay at the Leamington Hotel .73 miles from port $78 1 star hotel

or any other suggestions ................ :cheers: :givebeer:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:31 am

Holiday Inn was a nice place to stay in my opinion.The local residence in that area may be questionable but when you're walking around drunk you don't really care.
    Besids it's better than staying near Miami beach thats surrounded by douchebags and hipsters
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:40 am

Metalwrath wrote:Holiday Inn was a nice place to stay in my opinion.The local residence in that area may be questionable but when you're walking around drunk you don't really care.
    Besids it's better than staying near Miami beach thats surrounded by douchebags and hipsters

yeah we stayed at the beacon , and it sucked balls for the most part. i don't remember the name of the other hotel we stayed at, but it wasn't really any better......... looking to stay near the port 2012 .

had to misss the pre-party simply do the the cost of cab fair back and forth. not looking to make that mistake again :lol:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:53 am

The port doesn't have any rock bars just like the rest of the Miami so you're fucked either way.There is a Hard Rock cafe bar nearby though.Even though they don't actually play rock(We hard Shakira at one point :roll: ) you're bound to bump into other metalheads there.We met a tonne of Germans who were comeing on the cruise in that place and had a good laugh.
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:57 am

DragonLordJones wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Holiday Inn was a nice place to stay in my opinion.The local residence in that area may be questionable but when you're walking around drunk you don't really care.

yeah we stayed at the beacon , and it sucked balls for the most part. i don't remember the name of the other hotel we stayed at, but it wasn't really any better......... looking to stay near the port 2012 .

had to misss the pre-party simply do the the cost of cab fair back and forth. not looking to make that mistake again :lol:

Rhia, Jake, and a few other people walked back to our hotel from the pre-party.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:59 am

I was one of those other people.
    Surprised no alarms went off with all those shutters i was kicking for no apparent reason.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:47 am

Not even sure when I'm going to go to Miami but I plan on doing the same thing I did last year -- find something the day of. Booking in advance, pssssssssssh.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:54 am

Ecliptica wrote:Not even sure when I'm going to go to Miami but I plan on doing the same thing I did last year -- find something the day of. Booking in advance, pssssssssssh.

My friend made that mistake 2 eeks ago.She had to go to Basel for some journalism crap.Probbaly fashion or something knowing her.But yeah she left it last minute and everythign was booked out.Apparently she had to sleep in a monestary :lol:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:58 am

Metalwrath wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:Not even sure when I'm going to go to Miami but I plan on doing the same thing I did last year -- find something the day of. Booking in advance, pssssssssssh.

My friend made that mistake 2 eeks ago.She had to go to Basel for some journalism crap.Probbaly fashion or something knowing her.But yeah she left it last minute and everythign was booked out.Apparently she had to sleep in a monestary :lol:

:lol: awesome
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:31 am

+666! this hotel was just fine. :beerhorns:
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:33 am

Inquisitor wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:

Rhia, Jake, and a few other people walked back to our hotel from the pre-party.

yeah it was only a mile and a half or something, not too bad at all! have legs, will travel on the cheap :-)
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:35 am

prolly staying at motel bianco again... fridge in room and supermarket around the corner... woot...
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:40 am

Ravenlord wrote:The rooms were very spacious and the beds comfortable but that didn't make a difference since I would have slept in the middle of the street I was that drunk after the pre-party.

I don't really think it's worth paying loads of money for a hotel since we don't intend to spend much time in the rooms. We could perhaps grab a whole 4 - 6 - 8 bed hostel room if that isn't too slummy for you :D

Sure! More people, less cost = more better! Ya know, there are certain things I'll spare no expense on... but when it comes to certain other things I can be quite the tightwad/cheapskate! :lol: Like others have said, the Miami lodging is simply a place to crash. The trip is costing enough as it is, after all. :beerwink:

Hmmm...guess I should check with Margie to see if she's down for the hostel idea before I say more. :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:41 am

Btw Rhianaa i was prety waste but so were you.I'm pretty sure it was you leaning on me to get back :lol:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:43 am

Ravenlord wrote:The rooms were very spacious and the beds comfortable but that didn't make a difference since I would have slept in the middle of the street I was that drunk after the pre-party.

Thats only cause me and you took a bed each and left Simon and Carl to fight over some fold up couch between them.Although most nights they were too drunk or stoned and mostly were fighting over food rather than the bed :lol:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:17 am

Florida is one of (and seems most likely) the places I'm looking to move to before winter... so if I live close enough I'll be all set... otherwise, a hostel would be more than sufficient
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:40 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:looking at holiday inn port of Miami price line $178 2 double few rooms available for 1/22/12 - 1/23/12 .7 miles from port 3 star hotel

did anyone stay at the Leamington Hotel .73 miles from port $78 1 star hotel

or any other suggestions ................ :cheers: :givebeer:

Repeat: Did anyone stay at the Leamington this year?
    That's where I'm staying prior to cruising. I don't think my cabinmates are sharing it with me. It sounds like they want to do the hostel thing.
    After the cruise I'm staying at Crystal Beach Suites for a few days for vacation and then the night of my flight I'm staying somewhere at the airport.
    I'm staying at like 3 different hotels within a 10 day vacation :lol:
    Wicker Man
    Petty Officer

by Wicker Man » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:09 pm

I was at the leamington hotel, it's cheap, bed good enough to sleep (drunk it was perfect...) clean enough, Finntroll was in the building, bullet hole in the bathroom's window (i got picture to proof it!) and a free shuttle to the airport, i might going back at this place.
    The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Sounds perfectly adequate.
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Cool. All I wanted was the cheapest I could get near the port with an airport shuttle. I guess they have an old school elevator, which sounds really interesting.
    Wicker Man
    Petty Officer

by Wicker Man » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:21 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:Cool. All I wanted was the cheapest I could get near the port with an airport shuttle. I guess they have an old school elevator, which sounds really interesting.

they do!
    The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:43 pm

You all need to learn how to travel :lol:

Hostel it up if you really wanna save money. Chances are you will spend little to no time in the hotel because there are too many random metalheads to walk into and party with.

Marlo and I will most likely be staying in Miami Beach but definitely not booking this early. For those that need to know, cab fare between downtown/port is less than $20 to South Beach. You can take a bus for if I remember correctly $1.50. Don't take a cab from the airport! Almost all airports now have shared vans. Book one of those. My trip from Ft. Lauderdale airport to the front of my hostel was about $23.

The usual Miami crowd may suck but I had a blast at Miami Beach with all the metalheads walking around. My suggestion is to find a cheap place in South Beach, though if you are on Ocean Ave it can be pretty loud.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:40 pm

I'll probably stay at the place I was this year (can't remember which currently) or somewhere on South Beach.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:19 am

mooyagi wrote:You all need to learn how to travel :lol:

Hostel it up if you really wanna save money & get anally violated.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:43 am

KevinP wrote:

Reason #1 why I don't want to try out a hostel.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:50 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Reason #1 why I don't want to try out a hostel.

Just don't go for a mixed room and you'll be fine... unless some lesbian want to try anally violate you with something... sweet dreams :D
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:08 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:Cool. All I wanted was the cheapest I could get near the port with an airport shuttle. I guess they have an old school elevator, which sounds really interesting.

I was looking into the Leamington as well. Haven't booked anything yet but it sounds like the most likely candidate at this point. I've spent more than enough time in hostels so I'm skipping that, I lived in one for nearly 2 years.
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
Post Reply 490 posts