Post Reply 43 posts
Hotels in miami
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Hotels in miami

by doomguy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:08 pm

If you want to stay at a hostel I definitely highly recommend South Beach Hostel, it's a good hostel and at least you won't be alone, many cruisers stay there and there will be much partying and fun to be had leading up to the cruise. Also plenty of people to travel with to share cabs to pre-party or to the cruise port or whatever. I find hotels a bit snobbish personally, since I started staying in hostels I'll never stay in a hotel again.

Good luck and enjoy your trip! :heavydrink:
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 pm

Yeah, I'm staying at the South Beach Miami Hostel too.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:34 pm

If you want an authentic Miami experience, I'd recommend Motel Blu at 7700 Biscayne Boulevard. :lol:
    Oh, in case your room happens to smell like there's a corpse under the bed, chances are there actually is. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:13 am

Try the Clay hotel
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:45 am

Pinkyvincy wrote:I'm such a brave viking i'm traveling alone from the coast of the cold norway down to the hot steaming miami and 7000k.
    (sorry if there allready is a post about this)
    and i have NEVER been to Miami. read like that it's much crime down there :p
    been in the u.s before, but only new york and orlando.
    so just wondering where it's good to book a hotel for the night before the cruice?
    any tips for someone traveling alone? :viking: :D

Well, I'm also traveling alone from Switzerland and I'm disabled. I never went to Miami either, but I'm never traveling with anyone - well, never someone to come with me :oops: - and I never met any problem. BTW, I booked at the Holiday Inn Port Of Miami, but it's more expensive than a hostel and not quite sure that there are still some available room.

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:29 am

I'm travelling by myself too, but I'm kinda used to that. I usually go to metal gigs alone too, because most of my friends are into indie and alternative rock. Yeah, I'm the weirdo of the gang.
    And I'm actually a very shy [folk metaller NERD] person and don't have lots of social skills. Travelling alone is a good way to work it out. :) I'll try my best to interact with everyone, especially with people from the forum, although it's really hard to me to start a conversation with someone I don't know.

By the way, which is your cabin, Fiorella and Pinkyvincy? Maybe we're gonna be roommates! :)
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:31 am

ArlequinA wrote:I'm travelling by myself too, but I'm kinda used to that. I usually go to metal gigs alone too, because most of my friends are into indie and alternative rock. Yeah, I'm the weirdo of the gang.
    And I'm actually a very shy [folk metaller NERD] person and don't have lots of social skills.

This is pretty much my case, too.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

All of you people going alone -- come find me! I want more international friends and my cabinmate(s) and I are super fun people!
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:41 am

X-Thor wrote:
    ArlequinA wrote:I'm travelling by myself too, but I'm kinda used to that. I usually go to metal gigs alone too, because most of my friends are into indie and alternative rock. Yeah, I'm the weirdo of the gang.
    And I'm actually a very shy [folk metaller NERD] person and don't have lots of social skills.

So, I see you're putting a lot of effort in here, because you've even got the card of most popular new member of the forum! =D
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 am

ArlequinA wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

So, I see you're putting a lot of effort in here, because you've even got the card of most popular new member of the forum! =D

It's easier when it's online! :oops:

--
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 pm

X-Thor wrote:

Both you guys seem rad.
    Don't be shy. Come say hi to me. I know pretty much all of the veteran cruisers from the forum and would be happy to introduce you to them. I drink lots of beer and am generally in a good mood :cheers:, haha.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Pinkyvincy
    Crewman

by Pinkyvincy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:31 pm

taketheday wrote:Well, I'm also traveling alone from Switzerland and I'm disabled. I never went to Miami either, but I'm never traveling with anyone - well, never someone to come with me :oops: - and I never met any problem. BTW, I booked at the Holiday Inn Port Of Miami, but it's more expensive than a hostel and not quite sure that there are still some available room.

Was looking at the Holiday inn port, since it was close to the cruice (and close to a shopping mall which has on of my favoritt shops torrid :oops: )

Arlequin wrote: I'm travelling by myself too, but I'm kinda used to that. I usually go to metal gigs alone too, because most of my friends are into indie and alternative rock. Yeah, I'm the weirdo of the gang.

Non of my friends goes travling as much as i do, so like been to london and places in germany alone. But not over the big bas ocean :p
    It's nice to travel alone, you can do as you wich. But i kinda hoping to hang with you cool guys on the boat :headbanger:
    a bit shy me too, but not when i drink beer ;)
    Arlequin wrote:By the way, which is your cabin, Fiorella and Pinkyvincy? Maybe we're gonna be roommates! :)

that would be cool. i am at deck 2 i think, but something went wrong with my payment and i got all my money back for some reason :bitch:
    so need to check whats up with that :?

viathyn wrote:Don't be shy. Come say hi to me. I know pretty much all of the veteran cruisers from the forum and would be happy to introduce you to them.

will do :wank:
    ompa te' du dør!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Pinkyvincy wrote:i am at deck 2 i think, but something went wrong with my payment and i got all my money back for some reason :bitch:

That doesn't sound good :shock:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 pm

And I'm actually a very shy [folk metaller NERD] person and don't have lots of social skills. Travelling alone is a good way to work it out. :) I'll try my best to interact with everyone, especially with people from the forum, although it's really hard to me to start a conversation with someone I don't know.

By the way, which is your cabin, Fiorella and Pinkyvincy? Maybe we're gonna be roommates! :)

Mine is 7545, a double/twin cabin. I don't know who will be my roommate, wait and see :cool:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:36 pm

I too, am at the Holiday Inn-Port. It's been renovated, 20 minute walk to ship. Also, so far, it;s been very close to the kickass Preparty... I booked a double twin in case someone needs to crash.

Seems like fewer Canadians are on broad this year( some going on Barge etc)

New fun people!

:pound:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicide Angels
    VorpalBunny
    Petty Officer

by VorpalBunny » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:46 pm

X-Thor wrote:

I'm not shy. I think Pamela wishes I was sometimes. I'll be at the pre-events she's organising so you can all borrow a bit of my over-energetic enthusiasm for life there. :viking:
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:29 am

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Pinkyvincy
    Crewman

by Pinkyvincy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:03 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Pinkyvincy wrote:i am at deck 2 i think, but something went wrong with my payment and i got all my money back for some reason :bitch:

It all worked out *luck* :beerhorns:
    ompa te' du dør!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Pinkyvincy wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Great! We'll see you at the cruise (or the pre-cruise activities, if you want to hang out with the folk metal crew) :viking:

--
  • aussiestu
    Crewman

by aussiestu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:05 am

Pinkyvincy wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

If you had problems with Moneybookers, Skrill or whatever it is those morons call themselves you certainly arent alone! Just paid final installment for 70k & thankfully dont have another becuase my account was getting frozen unless I send them proof of my identity within 21 days! No hassles with first 2 payments but then shit hit the fan on the 3rd! Have pledged that in future i,ll avoid the lead passenger role just so I dont have to deal with those dicks & their f :shred: :belly: ked up payment system!! :evil:
    Regarding accommodation. Tropics Hotel/Hostel on Collins Ave is where i,ll be staying again. Stayed at South Beach Hostel first year but prefer The Tropics. :bangers:
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:52 am

Stayed at the South Beach Hostel last time.
    Was good, especially the all night bar.

But they play horrid music all day and night there
    I mean like hip hop shit.

Anyway, metal heads take over the hostel for 2/3days!

we make our own entertainment :)

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
  • Disco
    Chief Petty Officer

by Disco » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:04 am

Nothing gets me hotter than a babe playing the accordion. :wank:
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 am

lampropelma wrote:Try the Clay hotel

If you do, pay the extra $20 or however much it is for the private bathroom; semi-private means shared with the room next to you. The Clay is in a great location, but it is quite possibly THE worst hotel I've ever stayed in; I'm not going to post why so I don't depress anyone who's already booked :lol: This year, we'll be at the Greenview Hotel, about a mile from the beach party and a few blocks from the Miami Hofbrau :party:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... orida.html
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:34 pm

For Barge, we just booked the Intercontinental Hotel in Downtown Miami Saturday night for over 60% off. :headbanger:

Sunday night we are at the Hilton I think but I can't remember. :?
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Last year I just showed up, rented a car, and drove around until I found a cheap place to stay.

That seemed to work well.

EDIT: This coming from the guy who booked his plane ticket a week before and still hasn't looked to book a ticket/car arrangements/hotel arrangements yet. Planning stuff out stresses me out; I'd rather just show up and go with the flow. Power metal weenie hippy.
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:49 pm

VorpalBunny wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

I'm not shy. I think Pamela wishes I was sometimes. I'll be at the pre-events she's organising so you can all borrow a bit of my over-energetic enthusiasm for life there. :viking:

I would fear that you were terminally ill if you were to suddenly become shy-- sometimes embarrassing but always entertaining-- traveling is not nearly as fun without a Vorpalbunny. :cheers:

Edit: hey WAIT, What? I am organizing? what happened to WE?? sheesh, take my eyes off her one second and she is bouncing off again. ;)
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:54 am

mooyagi wrote:Sunday night we are at the Hilton I think but I can't remember. :?

DUDE, how many times do I have to tell ya? :lol: :P
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:22 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Sunday night we are at the Hilton I think but I can't remember. :?

DUDE, how many times do I have to tell ya? :lol: :P

Homer no function beer well without http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISElu40bTQ
  • gajone
    Crewman

by gajone » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:43 am

My group will also be staying at the Hilton on Sunday :cheers:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:21 am

gajone wrote:My group will also be staying at the Hilton on Sunday :cheers:

I believe we are at the one by the airport.
  • gajone
    Crewman

by gajone » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:26 pm

Gotcha....we'll be at the downtown one.
    Pinkyvincy
    Crewman

by Pinkyvincy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:07 am

Booked me in to the Century Hotel at 140 Ocean Drive Miami Beach, Miami holiday inn was of course fullybooked. :cry:
    Anybody else staying there?

So my newby qutions;
    Is it okei to get around in miami, like with cabs or busses or can you walk?
    Last time i was in the US I was in new York, yellow cab all the way.
    The hotel is near 2th street, the hostel is on the 9th street, and beach party near there 8th street.
    So can i just walk up there or?

19 days to go!!! I just suddenly realized i be like all alone in miami in to whole days before the cruise, scary! :oops:
    :belly: no its gonna be fun. it's raining like shit here in my town, so i wanna go where the sun shine!!! :viking:
    ompa te' du dør!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:13 am

Pinkyvincy wrote:Booked me in to the Century Hotel at 140 Ocean Drive Miami Beach, Miami holiday inn was of course fullybooked. :cry:
    Anybody else staying there?

So my newby qutions;
    Is it okei to get around in miami, like with cabs or busses or can you walk?
    Last time i was in the US I was in new York, yellow cab all the way.
    The hotel is near 2th street, the hostel is on the 9th street, and beach party near there 8th street.
    So can i just walk up there or?

19 days to go!!! I just suddenly realized i be like all alone in miami in to whole days before the cruise, scary! :oops:
    :belly: no its gonna be fun. it's raining like shit here in my town, so i wanna go where the sun shine!!! :viking:

You can walk everywhere generally. If you're too lazy to walk you can find cabs generally everywhere on miami beach. There will be metalheads everywhere and lots of events planned so you won't be alone at all ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:23 am

The whole of South Beach area is walkable. As mentioned, cabs are pretty easy. You can take a bus to downtown Miami. To get around downtown, the Metromover is free and to get to other parts of Miami there is a rail line. I wish the rail would go to Miami Beach.
    Pinkyvincy
    Crewman

by Pinkyvincy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:47 am

sweet, i like to walk especially when its not raining ;)
    thx so much for the help. :viking:
    ompa te' du dør!
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:45 am

2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion