Post Reply 230 posts
The Cripper Award
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: The Cripper Award

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:38 am

Wow yes this is a great idea. And I agree with Joey , pool deck show was brutal and killer.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:39 am

Britta wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:70K1 - Cripper
    runner up - The Absence

70K2 - Diamond Plate

BTH - Seita
    runners up - Headcrusher, Dark Sermon, Abiotic

70K3 - Nightmare
    runners up - Steel Engraved, Fatal Smile

70K4 - Izegrim (Decided by Cripper)
    runner up - Nekrogoblikon

If we make that vest, it should be send to all of these bands - or they can send their patches and we will put em on before we send it to Izegrim!?

Now you should set up a North American tour with all of the Cripper award winners...or at least you and Izegrim! I've played your music for several of my friends with the reaction exclusively being one of shock...mostly as to why you guys aren't a household name in the Metal community! Summer Slaughter, Mayhem, etc. should be booking you regularly especially since you can design their t-shirts as magnificently as you did for 70000 Tons :mrgreen:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:42 am

I fully support this idea! And it's awesome that you come to the forums to share it.

I agree with Joey, your Pool Deck show was AMAZING. :deathhorns: :deathhorns:

Hopefully, you'll be back on the boat sometime in the future. :bangers:
    Last edited by X-Thor on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:43 am

Hm. Maybe we should do 2 things, have custom patches made saying "Cripper Award Winner" that the previous winners can add to their own vests and then have the vest that gets circulated that can get sent to Izegrim once all the patches are on there.

We definitely have to include Seita.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:45 am

no offence to the runner ups, but I believe that only the actual winners put their patch on it also as cool as signing it sounds could make it to busy and signatures lost as years go by being covered up by new patches ...... just my opinion :cheers:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:50 am

DragonLordJones wrote:no offence to the runner ups, but I believe that only the actual winners put their patch on it also as cool as signing it sounds could make it to busy and signatures lost as years go by being covered up by new patches ...... just my opinion :cheers:

Yeah I'm in agreement there, it would be fucking cool if this became a thing for years to come!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • izegrim_jeroen
    Wiper

by izegrim_jeroen » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:01 am

Hey guys 'n girls !

I've been watching this post "secretly" since we've returned to our cold and rainy country (damn, do we miss that boat, the good company, the bands, the beers, the fun !!).
    I'm overwhelmed by all the positive comments we are getting (here and on our facebook). Thanks to you all, I cannot express how much we appreciate all the feedback.
    Britta mentioned goozebumps; well.. I can assure you we have them too... haha !

The idea of the vest: just pure awesomeness ! We are more than willing to cooperate :-)
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:52 am

izegrim_jeroen wrote:Hey guys 'n girls !

I've been watching this post "secretly" since we've returned to our cold and rainy country (damn, do we miss that boat, the good company, the bands, the beers, the fun !!).
    I'm overwhelmed by all the positive comments we are getting (here and on our facebook). Thanks to you all, I cannot express how much we appreciate all the feedback.

The idea of the vest: just pure awesomeness ! We are more than willing to cooperate :-)

thanks for joining us .... you folks put on an awesome show. so glad to have seen both sets. :cheers: :beerhorns:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:17 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:
    izegrim_jeroen wrote:Hey guys 'n girls !

thanks for joining us .... you folks put on an awesome show. so glad to have seen both sets. :cheers: :beerhorns:

I'm still kicking myself for missing the first set. :oops: :cry: :cry: :bitch: :bitch:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Maso
    Petty Officer

by Maso » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:46 pm

My vote goes to Izegrim too and that's an easy decision. Another new fan here too.
    2012 - offshore
    2013 - Survivor
    2014 - Survivor
    2015 - booked and paid

Wishlist:
    Girlie & tech death
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:34 pm

I was an Izegrim fan before they were booked but never got to see them live until the cruise. They didn't disappoint!

Also, I was very happy to finally get to see Cripper after hearing so much about them after the first cruise.

Cool of them to frequent the forums still! :cheers:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Dragor
    Oiler

by Dragor » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:41 pm

This year cripper award goes to Gloryhammer not to izegrim
    RhapsodyOfFire-Skiltron-VisionDivine-LucaTurilli'sRhapsody-DarkMoor-Pathfinder-DamnationAngels-Derdian-Alestorm-BlindGuardian-Dalriada-DemonsAndWizards-DieApokalyptischenReiter-DivinityCompromised-DreamTheater-Elvenking-Haggard-Hammerfall-Heaven's.cry-Ignis.fatuu-Kamelot-Rage(LinguaMortis)-Manowar-Masterplan-Metasoll-NotaProfana-Pellek
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Dragor wrote:This year cripper award goes to Gloryhammer not to izegrim

No, it doesn't.

Gloryhammers can't get it. :P

--
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:34 pm

X-Thor wrote:

No, it doesn't.

Gloryhammers can't get it. :P

There happens to be a giant sized Chris Bowes cockblock on that happening. And Izegrim were amazing, that too!
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Britta
    Oiler

by Britta » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:19 am

mooyagi wrote::lol: Love it! Wonder if we can get DLJ or Stach to design something for the vest.

How about a design for a backpatch? I can organize a vest, just need a design for the backpatch. Maybe simple so that it can be embroided?!
    Nighty
    Crewman

by Nighty » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:06 am

They don't need an award. They already got magic dragons, an amulet of justice and, of course, a hammer of glory. That's enough :mrgreen:
    70k 2013 - Cabin 2526
    70k 2014 - Cabin 4523
    70k 2015 - Cabin 3254
    70k 2016 - Deck 8
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:57 pm

Britta wrote:
    mooyagi wrote::lol: Love it! Wonder if we can get DLJ or Stach to design something for the vest.

How about a design for a backpatch? I can organize a vest, just need a design for the backpatch. Maybe simple so that it can be embroided?!

*looks to Stach and DLJ :P

--
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:27 pm

was playing around with some tattoo art and made this for shits and giggles :cheers: :beerhorns:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:01 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:Image

was playing around with some tattoo art and made this for shits and giggles :cheers: :beerhorns:

I like this!

(Can we use the 70K logo and name in this thing?)

--
    Britta
    Oiler

by Britta » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:21 am

That looks very cool! Regarding the logo etc. I will ask Andy.
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:59 pm

If we can use the official logo and name for both 70k and BTH then we should have them at the top of the patch somehow instead of the different letters, just a suggestion.

Either way it looks awesome!!!!
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:42 pm

part of the reason for not putting the logo for 70k and Barge .... was I wasn't looking for color so I went with the same font I used on Cripper Award so it looked more uniform.

besides the logos were harder to add and still go for the look I wanted.

Just my two cents ... but if we prefer to use the logos I can go back and add them ............................. I think the name itself is more than enough :cheers: :beerhorns:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:28 am

I think it looks cool as it is. :headbanger: :headbanger:

--
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:12 am

That's so awesome!!! :beerbang:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:07 pm

X-Thor wrote:I think it looks cool as it is. :headbanger: :headbanger:

I think it does as well, it'll just be nice to make this 'official' by having the official logos on it if we can.
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:51 pm

bernabeit wrote:I think it does as well, it'll just be nice to make this 'official' by having the official logos on it if we can.

If they wanna make the vest itself more official then separate Barge to Hell and 70k patches can be made for the vest ...... maybe over the pockets on the front of the vest . :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Britta
    Oiler

by Britta » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:36 pm

I haven't heard back from Andy regarding the logo. I feel comfortable using it though, I am sure that if he was strictly against it, he wuld have sent me a reply with two big fat red letters yelling NO :-)
    I have few thoughts on the back patch. I have asked around, and it looks like for embroiding it has too many shades etc especially in the skull. So a high quality printing on a piece of textile is what I am leaning to get. @DragonLordJones, did you intend to simulate a golden color for the background? I don't know if a gold exists as far as a printing color for textiles. But just to give me an idea, please let me know :-)
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:23 am

I was looking at a gold background with a red trim ... but any color you choose is okay with me, adapt and change as you see fit. :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Britta
    Oiler

by Britta » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:57 am

I will see what I can get and what is printable :-)
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:59 am

saw winterstorm yesterday
    how about them for the cripper award?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emIYxzP_Bj4
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:saw winterstorm yesterday
    how about them for the cripper award?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emIYxzP_Bj4

If they play maybe ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:48 pm

2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:54 am

song Into Darkness by the band Drone ft. Britta from Cripper ....... awesome video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAHewFaeG5U :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Britta
    Oiler

by Britta » Thu May 01, 2014 5:34 am

Hey everyone!

I had a long and good talk with Andy Piller regarding the Cripper Award. He really likes the whole idea, especially that it is a fan initiated thing. He offered to support it in any needed way, without taking it out of the fan's hands. We can use the 70k website as an official platform for announcements and votings etc. plus Andy offers us to have a designer produce a special and unique Cripper Award vest, that he would sponsor. The vest could then be worn by the winning band for one year, handed back during the upcoming cruise by (maybe) one bandmember, and then after the voting is done, the vest would be sent over to the winning band etc. These are of course just ideas, and it all depends on your/our decision and if we like it or not.

In this scenario, even though everything is fan-organized, we would have to come up with certain rules for who can be nominated for the Award and how and who can vote. As much as I hate set rules, I understand what Andy explained to me. If the Cripper Award is an approved and official 70k thing (even though run by fans), it might get a lot more attention. Decisions and votings might not make everyone out there happy, and therefore we need proper and clear rules in order to protect the whole idea. This should stay a fun thing for both fans and bands, and we don't want any trolls or trouble starters to take it apart.

Let me know what you think.
    Cheers, Britta
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu May 01, 2014 7:38 am

sounds like a good idea
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu May 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Cool! That would be really awesome. The rules we've gone by that I think are the most fair have gone by last.fm listens. It might make more sense to go by Facebook likes or if we could, album sales would be ideal. What does everyone think?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri May 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Stained Class wrote:Cool! That would be really awesome. The rules we've gone by that I think are the most fair have gone by last.fm listens. It might make more sense to go by Facebook likes or if we could, album sales would be ideal. What does everyone think?

I think last.fm listens are a good proxy of popularity. Facebook likes too. Album sales would be great, if we can include digital sales... Or maybe average albums printed (is that the word? I mean, like the amount of albums put to sale by the label, not the amount of albums released. Did that make sense?). I don't know enough about the industry to know what would be a benchmark, but I'm sure some people here do.

Or, you know, we could go by facebook likes. But it has to be the amount of likes right before they are announced for the cruise (I imagine a lot of cruisers like the band's facebook when they are announced, so we don't want to bias it).

--
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat May 03, 2014 8:13 am

X-Thor wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Cool! That would be really awesome. The rules we've gone by that I think are the most fair have gone by last.fm listens. It might make more sense to go by Facebook likes or if we could, album sales would be ideal. What does everyone think?

I think last.fm listens are a good proxy of popularity. Facebook likes too. Album sales would be great, if we can include digital sales... Or maybe average albums printed (is that the word? I mean, like the amount of albums put to sale by the label, not the amount of albums released. Did that make sense?). I don't know enough about the industry to know what would be a benchmark, but I'm sure some people here do.

Or, you know, we could go by facebook likes. But it has to be the amount of likes right before they are announced for the cruise (I imagine a lot of cruisers like the band's facebook when they are announced, so we don't want to bias it).

I think we should just have Stats Man keep track of how many "Who the fuck are these guys?" posts after the band is announced. Top post getters are the nominees. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Sat May 03, 2014 8:19 am

mooyagi wrote:I think we should just have Stats Man keep track of how many "Who the fuck are these guys?" posts after the band is announced. Top post getters are the nominees. :lol:

This sounds line an awesome idea. I fully support it!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat May 03, 2014 9:46 pm

Think having a poll on the forum Would be better.More chance of the voting reflecting people who were actually on the cruise as opposed to randoms hitting like or randomly voting for any band on everything that gets posted on the cruise website.