Post Reply 31 posts Page 1 of 1
FABIO LIONE SINGING FOR ANGRA IN 70K!!!!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

FABIO LIONE SINGING FOR ANGRA IN 70K!!!!

by X-Thor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:54 pm

YES! YES! YES!

Now, can we have the rest of Rhapsody of Fire on broad, too?)
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Re: FABIO LIONE SINGING FOR ANGRA IN 70K!!!!

by X-Thor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:56 pm

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:03 pm

He was great with Kamelot on the last cruise. Hopefully he'll do well with Angra.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:15 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I just posted on your Facebook, Hector, I was not a fan of Fabio before the last cruise but both with Kamelot, at karaoke, and just as a person around the ship, he is fantastic. I fully, fully support this. He's literally the only one with the range to pull off the early Angra stuff.

Also, I was thinking about this last 70K, but Fabio Lione is a picture-perfect rock star. Like, what else could he be doing if he wasn't a musician? Can you picture him as a mechanic or a salesman or anything? I can't.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Ecliptica wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I just posted on your Facebook, Hector, I was not a fan of Fabio before the last cruise but both with Kamelot, at karaoke, and just as a person around the ship, he is fantastic. I fully, fully support this. He's literally the only one with the range to pull off the early Angra stuff.

Also, I was thinking about this last 70K, but Fabio Lione is a picture-perfect rock star. Like, what else could he be doing if he wasn't a musician? Can you picture him as a mechanic or a salesman or anything? I can't.

Haha, I can't see him doing anything else. It's like the guy who does the voiceovers for movie previews.

--
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:33 pm

I actually just got so excited I'm a little bit embarrassed for myself.
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:34 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, I can't see him doing anything else. It's like the guy who does the voiceovers for movie previews.

That reminded me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZP35wUSmMg

--
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:48 pm

Oh fuck I'm gonna have so much fun with that Italian bastard again this year. FABIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:59 pm

FABIO!
    Angra just went up a few points for me!
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely checking at least one full Angra set now. That means I'll spend most of the cruise running from one stage to the other.

--
  • Feniel
    Oiler

by Feniel » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:03 pm

I am beyond stoked for this this makes up for no announcements for over 2 weeks
    2013-#4017 \m/

Epica, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Edguy, Avantasia, Helloween, Powerglove, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Into Eternity,[size=150] Unexpect[/size], Blackguard, Sabaton, Dio Diciples, Keep of Kallesian, Death Angel, Sirenia, Falconer, [/size][/color]
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Angra was already the band I was most looking forward to. Having Fabio rather than some reality-TV-show-singer is just amazing.

I will fight you all for front-row spots for this show. And Tyr :cool:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Ecliptica wrote:Angra was already the band I was most looking forward to. Having Fabio rather than some reality-TV-show-singer is just amazing.

My guess is that the front row spots will be pretty much all the folk metal crew. :viking: :bangers:

--
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:09 am

Ecliptica wrote:Angra was already the band I was most looking forward to. Having Fabio rather than some reality-TV-show-singer is just amazing.

Good luck on fighting me. I'll SMASH anyone who tries to stay between Rafael and I.

And, oh, don't forget I have a sword, and I'm not afraid to use it. :twisted:
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:13 am

X-Thor wrote:YES! YES! YES!

Now, can we have the rest of Rhapsody of Fire on broad, too?)

After a good night's sleep, I'm ok with those news. He's not Andre, but he's better than Edu (who isn't?) and I think he'll do a good job on singing Angels Cry and Holy Land good stuff.

If I get druk enough, I might just close my eyes and pretend I'm 15 again and Angra never split. I'll try my best. To get drunk enough. You got it. :P
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:22 am

haha great news, he was vey funny at the karaoke bar on the last 70k :cheers:
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:55 am

X-Thor wrote:Haha, I can't see him doing anything else. It's like the guy who does the voiceovers for movie previews.

:mrgreen:

viathyn wrote:Oh fuck I'm gonna have so much fun with that Italian bastard again this year. FABIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that was one awesome night last January! (but David's gonna be missing ;) )
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:57 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:Fabio is great!

Anybody knows if he had played with ANGRA before???

No. It's gonna be the first time. :)
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:22 pm

I've had a day to think about this and I am seriously so pumped it's ridiculous.

I can't think of ANYONE in the industry, save maybe Heikki from Twilightning, that could pull off singing for Angra (Edu has a G1-G5 vocal range, IIRC).

I thought Kamelot was going to suck because Fabio didn't write the songs and thus the "emotional connection" isn't there, but he pulled it off flawlessly. I have no doubt he'll do the same for Angra. He really puts his all into it. Most of the time, when a singer replaces another, it feels like a "cover band" -- Kamelot wasn't like that at all.

So excited for Angra. I don't even want any more announcements.
    Dragor
    Oiler

by Dragor » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:11 am

does that means more chance for rhapsody as one of the other 13 bands????
    RhapsodyOfFire-Skiltron-VisionDivine-LucaTurilli'sRhapsody-DarkMoor-Pathfinder-DamnationAngels-Derdian-Alestorm-BlindGuardian-Dalriada-DemonsAndWizards-DieApokalyptischenReiter-DivinityCompromised-DreamTheater-Elvenking-Haggard-Hammerfall-Heaven's.cry-Ignis.fatuu-Kamelot-Rage(LinguaMortis)-Manowar-Masterplan-Metasoll-NotaProfana-Pellek
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:06 am

Dragor wrote:does that means more chance for rhapsody as one of the other 13 bands????

which Rhapsody :D
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:53 am

last_candle wrote:
    Dragor wrote:does that means more chance for rhapsody as one of the other 13 bands????

ALL the Rhapsody's! :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:57 am

Stained Class wrote:
    last_candle wrote:

ALL the Rhapsody's! :mrgreen:

MOAR RHAPSODY = MOAR BETTER :lol: :lol: :lol:

--
    Metal1529
    Oiler

by Metal1529 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:10 pm

Ohh I hadn't seen this! To be honest, I was a little disappointed about the line-up, but didn't cancel in time, so I guess we're going on the cruise. I completely missed your announcement about Fabio singing for Angra though! I'm so excited!!! Still keeping my fingers crossed for one of the Rhapsodies (either one works for me), though this late in the game, that's probably not possible anymore, right? Have any bigger names signed on this late for previous cruises?

So happy with Fabio though, that makes me feel so much better about the cruise :D I'm so glad I didn't cancel, or I would be pretty mad at myself right now!

:bangers:
    Survivor:
    70K 2013 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578
    70K 2014 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578

Wish list: Rhapsody of Fire, LT's Rhapsody, Heidevolk, In Extremo, Dragonforce, Seventh Wonder, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:16 pm

Metal1529 wrote:Have any bigger names signed on this late for previous cruises?

Actually we usually get something big this soon to the cruise. Last year we had Candlemass and Edguy within weeks of the cruise.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Well, we have 12 bands left to announce, lets look at the last 12 for the previous 2 70000 tons cruises:

70k 2011
    Dark Tranquillity
    Sabaton
    Blackguard
    Blind Guardian
    Voivod
    Twilight of the Gods
    Dusk Machine
    Destruction
    Malevolent Creation
    Circle II Circle
    Arsis
    The Absence

70k 2012
    Annihilator
    Channel Zero
    Kataklysm
    Orphaned Land
    Crowbar
    Edguy
    Sapiency
    Vicious Rumors
    Massacre
    Candlemass
    Megora
    Diamond Plate

Both had at least one band I would rate a "10", and I would imagine that most metal fans could find at least one band they consider "big" in those lists, so I'm hoping history repeats.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Metal1529
    Oiler

by Metal1529 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:27 pm

Oh wow, that's much better than I expected. Thank you! Faith restored!
    Survivor:
    70K 2013 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578
    70K 2014 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578

Wish list: Rhapsody of Fire, LT's Rhapsody, Heidevolk, In Extremo, Dragonforce, Seventh Wonder, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Dallas, can you do another one for the last 24 days leading up to the cruise? I know Dark Tranquillity was announced in the fall, so that might not be a good comparison.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:08 pm

If his hands weren't tied from some record label stuff, then not announcing Guardian until the final 12 has to be the worst decision thus far
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Stained Class wrote:Dallas, can you do another one for the last 24 days leading up to the cruise? I know Dark Tranquillity was announced in the fall, so that might not be a good comparison.

By this date in 2011 we already knew 39 bands. The only January announcement was Circle II Circle/The Absence/Arsis

This year, we had a lot announced in January:
    01 Jan Orphaned Land and Crowbar
    12 Jan Edguy and Sapiency
    15 Jan Vicious Rumours
    19 Jan Massacre
    20 Jan Candlemass, Magora, Diamond Plate
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:03 pm

cowboy71 wrote:This year, we had a lot announced in January:
    01 Jan Orphaned Land and Crowbar
    12 Jan Edguy and Sapiency
    15 Jan Vicious Rumours
    19 Jan Massacre
    20 Jan Candlemass, Magora, Diamond Plate

that's a comforting list!
    wishlist '20:
Post Reply 31 posts Page 1 of 1