Locked 74 posts
Will I need a passport?
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

Re: Will I need a passport?

by Chopper » Mon May 31, 2010 2:07 pm

Yes to return to the USA.
    and if your not from here, then you need a passport to get to the USA to go on the cruise.
    So YES.
    viathyn
    Commander

Re: Can a Felon get a Visa?

by viathyn » Mon May 31, 2010 2:08 pm

Captain Metal wrote:And now, for some reason, it seems you've changed the subject title and question completely

:lol: .
    Interesting..
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Mon May 31, 2010 2:41 pm

If your a felon and a US citizen then you need to speak with your parole or probation officer. ( On parole most likely not)
    Nobody on here I think can answer that question with an honest answer.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon May 31, 2010 3:15 pm

Yeah, true enough. We don't know where the hell you're coming from, so that really doesn't help.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon May 31, 2010 11:48 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Yeah, true enough. We don't know where the hell you're coming from, so that really doesn't help.

Robert Balboa was born in April 1946 as the only child to a Roman Catholic Italian-American family. Up to 1975, Balboa was living in the slums of the Kensington section of Philadelphia, working as an enforcer for a local loan shark while at the same time fighting the local club circuit, including the Cambria Fight Club, nicknamed "The Bucket of Blood". By this time, Balboa had fought in 64 fights, winning 44 (38 knockouts) and losing 20. His previous fight was a second round knockout over local fighter Spider Rico.

Balboa got his big break when the undisputed World Heavyweight Champion Apollo Creed decided that he wanted to give an unknown fighter a chance to fight for the title after his intended challenger, Mac Lee Green, broke his hand while training. After getting picked by Apollo, Balboa reunited with his estranged trainer, grizzled former boxer Mickey Goldmill, who convinced Balboa that he could help get him prepared for this fight. At the same time, Balboa began dating shy pet-shop worker Adrianna Pennino, younger sister of his friend Paulie.

On January 1, 1976 at the Philadelphia Spectrum, Balboa fought with Creed. Creed, who didn't take the fight seriously during training, soon realized that while Balboa didn't have his skill, he had a punch like a concrete block and was determined not to quit even when Mickey told him to. Although Creed won the fight by a split decision, it was the first time an opponent had lasted the full 15 rounds against Creed, and both men, battered beyond belief, agreed that there would be no rematch.

After several more dramatic, fighting-related events in his life, Rocky eventually opened up a restaurant called 'Adrianna's' in 1995.

My guess is that this YOadrienne character has been on the lamb ever since for some trumped up, black market seafood related charge.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

What do you want to know? Passport or Visa for Felon?

by Schluckspecht666 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:27 am

Why do you change the question?

If you are not a US citizen you need a passport. There is a page on the official website dedicated to travel documentation:

http://www.70000tons.com/traveldoc.htm

About getting a visa as a felon, well, as others suggested, you may want to talk to your parole officer and/or if you are not a US citizen to any US consulate/embassy.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:25 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    My guess is that this YOadrienne character has been on the lamb ever since for some trumped up, black market seafood related charge.

:lol: :lol:
    You really took a while to set that one up buddy!

Goooood shit!

Please check out my band

Nina
    Oiler

Re: Mission: Passport

by Nina » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Today was the last day suffering with all those processes to get a passport and a visa. After making the appointment over a month ago, filling up that stupid form... This morning I finally I went to US embassy, I got there few minutes before 7am. took a queue that was already outside the building, when I finally got to pass by the x-ray door, I forgot that my cell phone usb cable was at my bag, so I had to go back where I parked my motorcicle, leave the cable there and return at the end of the queue :evil:

When I crossed into the x-ray door (took about 40 minutes) , I saw that the visa process had started : First I took a queue to get a code number 2152, than another queue to give my passport, than (without my cellphone or any thing to see the hour), a microphone voice informed "people with code starting with 2150 go to the cafeteria and come back in 40 minutes", I beliave that after one hour I was called to do the fingerprint, now finally I could go to the interview queue (this one was fast, took about 20 minutes).

The guy from embassy asked me 3 questions: The reason for traveling, how much I earn per month and if I have already traveled outside my country, when I said that I´ve been to US and Europe about 10 years ago, he just said tha my visa was approved. Me and my boyfriend took about 2 days getting all kind of papers and documents for the interview, and he didn´t even look at it!

When I thought that it was over, I had to take another queue to pay a post office tax (only twice what I woud pay to send anything using the fastest mail service).

Well now I just need to wait at home to receive my passport and visa...
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Congratz Nina!! Shame about having to jump through all those hoops but I'm sure the trip will make it all worthwhile. You can send that guy pictures of yourself having the time of your life to thank him for not even glancing at your forms :D

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:30 am

Wow that sounds like a lot of effort.All i gotta do is fill in a small form out online and wait up to 48 hours for a reply. :lol:
    It's free for me too :twisted:
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:05 am

Nina wrote:Today was the last day suffering with all those processes to get a passport and a visa. After making the appointment over a month ago, filling up that stupid form... This morning I finally I went to US embassy, I got there few minutes before 7am. took a queue that was already outside the building, when I finally got to pass by the x-ray door, I forgot that my cell phone usb cable was at my bag, so I had to go back where I parked my motorcicle, leave the cable there and return at the end of the queue :evil:

When I crossed into the x-ray door (took about 40 minutes) , I saw that the visa process had started : First I took a queue to get a code number 2152, than another queue to give my passport, than (without my cellphone or any thing to see the hour), a microphone voice informed "people with code starting with 2150 go to the cafeteria and come back in 40 minutes", I beliave that after one hour I was called to do the fingerprint, now finally I could go to the interview queue (this one was fast, took about 20 minutes).

The guy from embassy asked me 3 questions: The reason for traveling, how much I earn per month and if I have already traveled outside my country, when I said that I´ve been to US and Europe about 10 years ago, he just said tha my visa was approved. Me and my boyfriend took about 2 days getting all kind of papers and documents for the interview, and he didn´t even look at it!

When I thought that it was over, I had to take another queue to pay a post office tax (only twice what I woud pay to send anything using the fastest mail service).

Well now I just need to wait at home to receive my passport and visa...

The difference between me and Nina was 3 hours: I drop by at 9:50 and left at 11:45. The sympathetic lady just asked me where I go, do what and when return. After all answers, my Visa was granted.

Almost 170 dollars per person, 2 hours lost and an expensive parking, but all ready.

Next year me and my girl will raid Miami! uhuuu :cheers:
    -----------------
    Zeh
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:45 am

well in holland we can use the website thingie...

one little problem... when we went to teh states last year they didn't even use the website yet... while on the flight over we had to fill out the old forms... so no problems there:D

just 2 weeks left to the start of festival season... and it ends in januari.... yay:D
    Nina
    Oiler

by Nina » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:49 am

Thanks ShoreSlayer

I´m pretty sure i´ll enjoy 100% of my time over there, I´m very anxious for Jan 24th!!
  • YOadrienne
    Wiper

by YOadrienne » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:18 am

viathyn wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

I don't get it.
    I didn't mean to go back and change my question, I realized how dumb it was for a US Citizen to think they needed a Visa to go on a cruise. But I still wanted to see if I needed a Passport and if my charges would permit or deny reentry of The States.
    But I totally don't even a tiny bit comprehend the above quoted statement. Feel free to emphasize greater explanation for the subject referenced.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:34 am

YOadrienne wrote:
    viathyn wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

I don't get it.
    I didn't mean to go back and change my question, I realized how dumb it was for a US Citizen to think they needed a Visa to go on a cruise. But I still wanted to see if I needed a Passport and if my charges would permit or deny reentry of The States.
    But I totally don't even a tiny bit comprehend the above quoted statement. Feel free to emphasize greater explanation for the subject referenced.

Lol... Don't take it personally please. It was just that Cpt Metal pointed out that we had no idea where you were coming from and I was bored so I allowed your username to send me off on a Rocky tangent of creative and, hopefully, mildly entertaining writing. The character from the movies is said to have gone on to run some restaraunts so I tied your allusions to a criminal record to his restauranteering thing and arrived at this fictitious conclusion. 'Tis all :twisted:

Nina
    Oiler

by Nina » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Last friday I finally received my passport at home with 10 year tourist and business visa !!! :D :D :D
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Nina wrote:Last friday I finally received my passport at home with 10 year tourist and business visa !!! :D :D :D

awesome!! Good for you!! Time to see the worl :D d!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    Nina wrote:Last friday I finally received my passport at home with 10 year tourist and business visa !!! :D :D :D

awesome!! Good for you!! Time to see the worl :D d!

Time to See USA - World is less complicated to get a Visa :P

Also got mine, and I have a trip to Cary,NC next month.
    -----------------
    Zeh
    Nina
    Oiler

by Nina » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:51 am

by Zeh » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:40 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    Nina wrote:
    Last friday I finally received my passport at home with 10 year tourist and business visa !!!

awesome!! Good for you!! Time to see the worl d!

Time to See USA - World is less complicated to get a Visa

Thanks Debborah , I´ll start with 10 days in USA on Jan/Feb... After that I just need to save more money to travel the worl, if I got an american visa, I believe I can get any other visa now :D
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:07 am

Nina wrote: by Zeh » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:40 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    Nina wrote:
    Last friday I finally received my passport at home with 10 year tourist and business visa !!!

awesome!! Good for you!! Time to see the worl d!

Time to See USA - World is less complicated to get a Visa

Thanks Debborah , I´ll start with 10 days in USA on Jan/Feb... After that I just need to save more money to travel the worl, if I got an american visa, I believe I can get any other visa now :D

How excited you must be! Where exactly are you from?
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:33 am

debborah1 wrote:How excited you must be! Where exactly are you from?

Nina wrote:Santo André - Brazil :P

Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:42 am

Santo André is on the neighboorhood of São Paulo, the biggest city of Latin America.

Me and Nina work in Sao Paulo. I think it's like New Jersey, where people cross the river to work in Manhathan.
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

Passports

by Bolt_Thrower » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:34 am

If you haven't applied for a passport book or passport card yet, now would be the time to do it. The price goes up on July 13. My passport book cost $75 for the book, $25 for the Post Office, and $15 for the photo. Total $115. Kinda outrageous but on July 13, the price goes up something like $35.

You can save some money by just getting the passport card but it's only good for land and sea travel. I think the price was $55 less than the book.
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Passports

by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:16 am

damn, that's pricy
    i'm paying € 50,- for a pasport. (about $ 40,-)
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:46 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:damn, that's pricy

Other way dude. 50 euro is roughly 65 bucks.

Please check out my band

Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:54 am

well that shows tims street smarts... to lazy even to google this shite:P
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:06 am

viathyn wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:damn, that's pricy

Other way dude. 50 euro is roughly 65 bucks.

whoops, i multipleid instead of dividing
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:37 am

No worries man!

:cheers:

Please check out my band

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:45 am

Bolt_Thrower wrote:If you haven't applied for a passport book or passport card yet, now would be the time to do it. The price goes up on July 13. My passport book cost $75 for the book, $25 for the Post Office, and $15 for the photo. Total $115. Kinda outrageous but on July 13, the price goes up something like $35.

You can save some money by just getting the passport card but it's only good for land and sea travel. I think the price was $55 less than the book.

HEy thanks for the heads up.....I better get on the ball!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:27 pm

CNN article on the passport rate hike: http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/07/07/pa ... tml?hpt=T2
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:04 pm

My passport has never been used.

70K of Metal will likely be my first chance to get my first passport stamped!! :twisted:

junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:22 am

Bolt_Thrower wrote:If you haven't applied for a passport book or passport card yet, now would be the time to do it. The price goes up on July 13. My passport book cost $75 for the book, $25 for the Post Office, and $15 for the photo. Total $115. Kinda outrageous but on July 13, the price goes up something like $35.

Thanks Bolt_Thrower! :headbanger:

You saved us some money! I had no idea the fees were going up. My girlfriend and I turned in our applications today. For those who want to save a few bucks on passport photos, check out http://www.epassportphoto.com. Basically you can take your own picture, upload it to this site where it will be sized accordingly, then print it at home or put it on a flash drive and take it to a photo kiosk and print it out. Cost me $0.58 to instantly print out 2 ea. 4" x 6" at CVS.
    Have a good time...all the time.
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:23 am

Sweet! My girlfriend and I got our passports in the mail last night, so apparently no problems with cheaping out on the passport photos.

Now we are pretty much set, aside from amassing a small fortune to cover our alcohol on the booze cruise. And figuring out where the parties are going to be before or after we sail!

Let's drink! :party:
    Have a good time...all the time.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:25 am

junkhead13 wrote:Sweet! My girlfriend and I got our passports in the mail last night, so apparently no problems with cheaping out on the passport photos.

Now we are pretty much set, aside from amassing a small fortune to cover our alcohol on the booze cruise. And figuring out where the parties are going to be before or after we sail!

Let's drink! :party:

HEy thats good to know....I just sent my app in on Wednesday....they said its only taking about 4 wks to recieve them.....yessssss.....all is good!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Locked 74 posts