Post Reply 22 posts Page 1 of 1
Audio recording on broad
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

Audio recording on broad

by meshuggah » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Do they allow, dissuade, or disallow audio recording of the bands on broad? Looking forward to having my 70000 tons cherry popped on January 28th!
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

Re: Audio recording on broad

by Ecliptica » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:04 am

Just don't be a douche with an iPad.

That said, I'm not the best at taking videos/photos (I have to be front-row since I'm short) so I really, really appreciate when all you guys in the back do take these videos :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:32 am

meshuggah wrote:Do they allow, dissuade, or disallow audio recording of the bands on broad? Looking forward to having my 70000 tons cherry popped on January 28th!

Depends on the equipment you use. Just don't hold up whatever you're recording with in front of my face for the entire show ;)
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:42 am

Talking about an Edirol digital audio recorder which can be held in the palm of my hand.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:20 am

I'd say if it's something small, inconspicuous and not professional you're fine. If it's huge and will get of pro quality, they will probably say something about it
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • Feniel
    Oiler

by Feniel » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:20 pm

I am interested in this as well i have a small handheld korg recorder and would love to use this onboard
    2013-#4017 \m/

Epica, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Edguy, Avantasia, Helloween, Powerglove, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Into Eternity,[size=150] Unexpect[/size], Blackguard, Sabaton, Dio Diciples, Keep of Kallesian, Death Angel, Sirenia, Falconer, [/size][/color]
  • rahul12
    Wiper

by rahul12 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Hello,

I can't go to 70000 tons of metal this year. I have alot of albums(vinyl) that I wanted to get signed. Since I can't go I am going to sell them. These prices are much cheaper that you can find them for. Most are out of prints and imports.
    rahul
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:06 am

rahul12 wrote:Hello,

I can't go to 70000 tons of metal this year. I have alot of albums(vinyl) that I wanted to get signed. Since I can't go I am going to sell them. These prices are much cheaper that you can find them for. Most are out of prints and imports.

Does the list look like this?:

Arkana Goi Kodi Goi $70
    warlock true as steel $10
    tyr the lay of thrym still has shrink wrap $30
    Turisas Stand Up and Fight $20 also comes with cd of entire album
    helstar remnants of war $15
    die apokalyptischen reiter splatter vinyl samurai $20
    tiamat the astral sleep $32 picture disc with sleeve
    tiamat sumerian cry $25 still has shrink wrap
    lacuna coil dark adrenakine $15
    flotsum & jetsam no place for disgrace $20 original with shrinkwrap
    flotsum & jetsum doomsday for the deceiver $20 original
    nile at the gate of stehu $22
    lacuna coil shallow life $16
    nile ithyphalic $20
    sabaton carolus rex $22
    lacuna coil karmacode $16
    sabaton world wide live $30 grey vinyl SEALED
    immolation unholy cult picturedisc with full cover sleeve $24
    immolation close to world below still sealed extremely rare $30
    immolation failures of gods still sealed extremely rare $30
    helloween best of 25th anniversary Unarmed. $22
    Metal Church Building the church early demos rare $20
    tiamat amanethes Sealed $25
    lucuna coil shallow life live acoustic at criminal Records 7 inch i wont tell you, spellbound,closer,shallow life $10
    turisas a summer with dvd $12
    arkona noch velesova dvd $15
    arkona live for the glory $18 dvd
    die apokalyptischen licht cd $7
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:04 am

If you are going to watch a band play you shouldn't need a camera in the first place.
    I really don't see the point in recording a video of a band playing unless it's with decent equipment that they probably won't allow you to record with.
    The amount of horrible sounding uploads on youtube of bands playing is so fucking annoying .
    Also when people record a band play they tend to obscure someone elses view of the stage due to haveing to hold it overhead to get a clear image.
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:02 am

Metalwrath wrote:If you are going to watch a band play you shouldn't need a camera in the first place.
    I really don't see the point in recording a video of a band playing unless it's with decent equipment that they probably won't allow you to record with.
    The amount of horrible sounding uploads on youtube of bands playing is so fucking annoying .
    Also when people record a band play they tend to obscure someone elses view of the stage due to haveing to hold it overhead to get a clear image.

Agree with you fully on this
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:21 am

Metalwrath wrote:If you are going to watch a band play you shouldn't need a camera in the first place.

Dude, the subject is "AUDIO" recording. Not talking about a video camera.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Ecliptica wrote:Just don't be a douche with an iPad.

That douche. There was one and I wanted to stand right in front of that fucker, if its a forumite I do not retract that :bitch:, and point my LED flash facing the lens on his ipad.
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:45 pm

I do a little bit of filming at concerts, but not if it's a band I really wanna see and haven't seen 'em before. It's just for souvenir purposes, just like taking photos. But I'm one of the very few considerate concert goers and never do any filming unless I'm in the front row (so I don't have to raise the camera to get a good view) or if I'm at the back or to the side and not in anyones way.

But the same goes for people waving their hands and fists in the air, or Kevin just simply bobbing up and down. And also people that throw their arms, or themselves around, pisses me off. I understand that everyone is there to have a good time, but it is possible to enjoy yourself without being a dick. It's like some people think they're the only ones there and they own the space around them. Just a little consideration and awareness for people around you would be nice.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Conrad wrote:But the same goes for people waving their hands and fists in the air, or Kevin just simply bobbing up and down. And also people that throw their arms, or themselves around, pisses me off. I understand that everyone is there to have a good time, but it is possible to enjoy yourself without being a dick. It's like some people think they're the only ones there and they own the space around them. Just a little consideration and awareness for people around you would be nice.

This really belongs in one of the moshing threads as the ultimate trolling post :lol:

doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:43 pm

:lol: How'd I know you'd be the first to be a smart ass about it. Haha, you're a predictable jackass :P There's a difference between being honest, expressing an opinion, and just simply being a troll for the sake of trolling. I thought the topic had derailed into people :bitch: about others obstructing your view.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Oh yeah, I totally see the post fitting in this thread perfectly and wasn't disagreeing at all.

I just imagined the same comment being made in a moshing related thread and giving ppl fits. There was a time when there was some pretty heated debate on these broads about gig etiquette and I think your post would have made for lovely gasoline for that particular fire.

doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Aaah, maybe I got a bit sidetracked with my post, but at least the first part relates. Inconsiderate people is just one of my biggest pet peeves, and I'll :bitch: about it. Not just regarding gig etiquette, but anywhere in public or at home.

2019 Wishlist:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:36 pm

Conrad wrote:I do a little bit of filming at concerts, but not if it's a band I really wanna see and haven't seen 'em before. It's just for souvenir purposes, just like taking photos. But I'm one of the very few considerate concert goers and never do any filming unless I'm in the front row (so I don't have to raise the camera to get a good view) or if I'm at the back or to the side and not in anyones way.

But the same goes for people waving their hands and fists in the air, or Kevin just simply bobbing up and down. And also people that throw their arms, or themselves around, pisses me off. I understand that everyone is there to have a good time, but it is possible to enjoy yourself without being a dick. It's like some people think they're the only ones there and they own the space around them. Just a little consideration and awareness for people around you would be nice.

Which waving fists in the air are you refering to?
    I assume you are refering to those hardcore ninjas who spend the concert punching ghosts?
    Or are you refering to people who raist their fists in the air to heavy metal songs?
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:00 am

Metalwrath wrote:
    Conrad wrote:I do a little bit of filming at concerts, but not if it's a band I really wanna see and haven't seen 'em before. It's just for souvenir purposes, just like taking photos. But I'm one of the very few considerate concert goers and never do any filming unless I'm in the front row (so I don't have to raise the camera to get a good view) or if I'm at the back or to the side and not in anyones way.

I assume you are refering to those hardcore ninjas who spend the concert punching ghosts?
    Or are you refering to people who raist their fists in the air to heavy metal songs?

HAHAHA " I assume you are refering to those hardcore ninjas who spend the concert punching ghosts?"

I will buy you A drink for that sentence that made my day hahah
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:55 am

SatansWrath wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:

HAHAHA " I assume you are refering to those hardcore ninjas who spend the concert punching ghosts?"

I will buy you A drink for that sentence that made my day hahah

I won't be on 70k but i plan to visit Sweden next year so we can meet for drinks then :)
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:08 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:I think it is generally thought of that if you're recording with a "regular camera" or smart phone, nobody will say or do anything.

But if you have something with more "professional" look and feel for audio and/or video recording, they will tell you off if they see you.

Unless you have a press pass.

I did talk to one of the guys from this forum when we were on Barge, he was told he was not allowed to use his recording equipment during bands.

If it is the person I am thinking of, I saw him get hassled by security when he was recording audio on the pool deck. They didn't care about his phone recording though.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:41 am

I don't understand those people that rather spend their time trying to record a show with their cell phone or hell knows what ending up with mediocre footage and shitty sound then just enjoying the show.

Anyway to to question of the OP, I think it is clearly answered on the FAQ pages of the website: http://70000tons.com/faq.htm#question27
  • Post Reply 22 posts Page 1 of 1