Post Reply 26 posts Page 1 of 1
Voting for older In Flames Songs?
    xhead
    Crewman

Voting for older In Flames Songs?

by xhead » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:36 am

Hey Guys,

I like the "new" In Flames songs starting with Reroute To Remain but I LOVE everything older! (Fave is "Colony"!)

At Wacken Open Air 2012 I was a little unsatisfied, because IF´s oldest song played was "Only For The Weak" - same time
    the only song from "Clayman"

It´s my first 70k cruise but my feelin' is, that there are many "older" metalheads on the ship who could also love the old shit.

What´s your meaning - can we influence IF´s setlist by voting for old songs at this forum / facebook?
    :shred: :shred: :shred:

:bangers:
    2nd Cruise
    Deck2
    Arrival: ???
    Hotel ???
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: Voting for older In Flames Songs?

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:46 am

I, personally, would hate to see them butcher the classics... cause they sure as hell can't play 'em right anymore
    Last edited by DrinkMoxie on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:09 am

I'd love an older set, it would boost my rating of them. However, if they cannot play them properly, i guess what's the point? right?
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:53 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:I, personally, would hate to see hem butcher the classics... cause they sure as hell can't play 'em right anymore

That's a shame. Older songs would definitely be the only way I'd catch them on the ship but if they're bad at them now what's the point?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:26 am

What these guys said. Unfortunately, In Flames are not that band anymore.

I'll try to check out a partial set just to see how things have changed.
    Pinkyvincy
    Crewman

by Pinkyvincy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:28 am

Hope they play some old tunes, haven't heard much of the new stuff. :/
    ompa te' du dør!
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:23 am

Ok here is a topic for me!! ok where to start...
    Alias NEEDS to be played outside... umm
    Fear Is The Weakness
    My Sweet Shadow
    Dawn of A New Day
    Delight And Angers

all these songs have a special meaning to me. I have been listening to the lyrics closely a lot lately and these songs just hit a core with me

Everyday takes figuring out how to live,
    Sometimes it feels like a mistake,
    Sometimes its a winners parade,
    Delight and angers,
    I guess thats the way its supposed to be...

Please heal me, I cant sleep
    Thought I was unbreakable,but this is killing me
    Call me, everything
    Make me fell unbreakable, now you set me free

I feel the fear takes hold
    Afraid this hell I create is my own
    Come my fatigueness, I cant take it anymore
    This used to be my own world, but now I've lost control

Thought I was unbreakable,but this is killing me,
    Call me, everything,

Chasing leftovers,
    Under the fading sun,
    Searching for shelter,
    I feel my time has come

Thought I was unbreakable,but this is killing me,
    Call me, everything,
    Last edited by DemonNIN on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 am

what year and under does everyone consider In Flames stuff to be "good" .. I mostly like tracks from "A Sense of Purpose"
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:31 am

xhead wrote:Hey Guys,

I like the "new" In Flames songs starting with Reroute To Remain but I LOVE everything older! (Fave is "Colony"!)

At Wacken Open Air 2012 I was a little unsatisfied, because IF´s oldest song played was "Only For The Weak" - same time
    the only song from "Clayman"

It´s my first 70k cruise but my feelin' is, that there are many "older" metalheads on the ship who could also love the old shit.

What´s your meaning - can we influence IF´s setlist by voting for old songs at this forum / facebook?
    :shred: :shred: :shred:

:bangers:

I hope we surely can influence it! I really really need to hear "my" songs that just mean a lot to me .......maybe people don't like the way they sound now but lyrics are what I always associate with and sometimes a song just sticks with you no matter what the band.
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:36 am

\m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:43 am

DemonNIN wrote:what year and under does everyone consider In Flames stuff to be "good" .. I mostly like tracks from "A Sense of Purpose"

For me, everything up to and including Clayman was really good. Clayman was quite abit different (and pretty mainstream sounding) from the albums that came before it, but I still enjoyed it. All the other albums with the exception of some songs from Come Clarity are not to my liking.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:43 am

Bentz! wrote:
    DemonNIN wrote:what year and under does everyone consider In Flames stuff to be "good" .. I mostly like tracks from "A Sense of Purpose"

For me, everything up to and including Clayman was really good. Clayman was quite abit different (and pretty mainstream sounding) from the albums that came before it, but I still enjoyed it. All the other albums with the exception of some songs from Come Clarity are not to my liking.

Totally agreed!

Rum Runner Buddies for Life!

What if i told you that Daryl Hall can suck a fattie in 2013?
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Bentz! wrote:For me, everything up to and including Clayman was really good.

This. I've tried to listen some post-Clayman songs but can hardly get through any of them.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Ecliptica wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:For me, everything up to and including Clayman was really good.

This. I've tried to listen some post-Clayman songs but can hardly get through any of them.

I, personally, like Reroute To Remain, but can easily see why some old fans don't... but it was Soundtrack To Your Escape where they started having numetal incorporated into their songs where I lost all respect for them
    oh, and you just like Clayman for obvious reasons :P
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:48 pm

I don't mind reroute to remain cause that is actually the first album I heard from them. It was after that I got into their older stuff. I would really like to hear some of the older stuff but don't have a lot of hope that they will play it or can play it. The oldest we will hear is probably pinball map. Though a few years back I remember hearing them play Food For the Gods.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
  • rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:21 pm

It's going to be hard for them to play a bunch of old songs when the guy who wrote all those songs isn't in the band anymore :lol:

You'll get one song from Jester/Whoracle/Colony. Maybe 2. Not from each album. TOTAL. Just got to setlist.fm and look at the setlists dude.

DemonNIN,

People here are mainly talking about old In Flames is generally '95-'00 era..... so yeah.... not what you like.
    Last edited by rwalters on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:56 pm

Nothing will ever top seeing them at Dynamo 98 during the Whoracle European tour. They played so much of Jester Race, I was in tears.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:11 pm

DemonNIN,

We think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8OM2IhJb2Q is better than Alias. I can't even understand people who think Alias is better than that. It makes me head bleed.
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:27 pm

rwalters wrote:DemonNIN,

We think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8OM2IhJb2Q is better than Alias. I can't even understand people who think Alias is better than that. It makes me head bleed.

:| I can't help it I like the lyrics
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:29 pm

It has a lot with me leaving behind the "ghost" of me and starting all over again... a new life in 2013
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • Thaurin
    Oiler

by Thaurin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:13 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I, personally, would hate to see hem butcher the classics... cause they sure as hell can't play 'em right anymore

Yeah, I can see that. It broke my heart to see one of the classic Swedish melodic death metal bands turn to shit like this. But the old songs they do play these days do sound like shit. I would love to be proven wrong with a set that blows me away, but I'm not holding my breath. New In Flames sucks ass.
  • Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:45 pm

So... did they play any old stuff?
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Deathbringer wrote:So... did they play any old stuff?

a few
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:49 am

I went in geared up to hate them and burn their house down, and came away pleasantly surprised. Even bought a shirt. New stuff is good live.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Yeah if anyone can be specific onto what In Flames played live, I would really appreciate it. Seems like they stuck to script to what they have been generally doing and nothing too special. I would have lost it during "Colony" though. Haven't seen that live in FOREVER!.

I'd be very interested in if In Flames played anything off Jester Race or anything off Whoracle aside from The Hive.

--------------------

Also be interested in what Evergrey was playing. I read someone said "nothing off first 4 albums" which is massively depressing to read.
  • rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 pm

In Flames didn't really break out in popularity til Reroute to Remain so it makes sense they cover all that material. Anders is a great frontman. The groove of the old material goes over alot better live for general crowds. Playing something like Moonshield is awesome for old material fans, but most crowds aren't going to make the connection with it and it's not going to POP live like the new single Deliver Us.

Plus, the guys who wrote the old material aren't even in the band. It's all Bjorn all the time now.
Post Reply 26 posts Page 1 of 1