Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1
Video/Picture Requests Onbroad
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

Video/Picture Requests Onbroad

by Ecliptica » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Mods, feel free to remove this thread if it breaches any sort of "no filming" policy. I assume we're discouraged from filming, but as long as it's not-for-profit/selling the video, it doesn't breach anything legally, correct?

I want to know if anyone could get video for me from the Angra/Holy Grail/Tyr sets. I know I'll be up front on the rail and, as a courtesy to the people behind me, I don't want to whip out my phone and record video from the front row (I rarely took any videos/pictures on the first two cruises and just relied on you guys anyway). I know there are always people filming from the back so if you're one of them, I would LOVE some high-quality video (i.e. -- iPhone video) from specifically the Angra sets.
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Video/Picture Requests Onbroad

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Hey buddy. I like to grab at least one full song on video from each set I go to. My video camera is just a little SD job but the picture and sound is usually pretty good.

Again as I said I tend to only grab one song so as not to annoy people behind me so if you have specific song requests let me know!! I'll definitely be at both tyr sets, and at least one show each of Angra and Holy Grail.

So maybe if we stand next to each other at the shows, jab me in the ribs when a song comes up you'd like recorded :-D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:07 pm

Yeah, you did a fantastic job last year and the quality was great :-D :-D

I'm still amazed by how great the videos come out on my iPhone. The audio is almost always perfect.
  • johny3329
    Wiper

by johny3329 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:37 am

Since I don't plan to go out of town for any metal fests or shows in 2013, I went ahead and just bought a ticket for this local fest. I know of some out of towners who are already planning on driving/flying in for this. If anyone here is interested, thought I'd let you know that tickets are already on sale (two day pass only $50), and that Reggie's is a small club (capacity 400), so this will likely sell out. I believe Damian S (70K alum from west coast) flew in for this last year and vaderite attended as well - I missed it due to something else going on that weekend....plus it was held in a far-flung Chicago suburb. :(
    jimmy
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:08 am

I have a good camera that I'd let someone use during sets to get some good videos. its very hard for me to film any shows because i can never stay still. but i love having the videos and i wouldn't want to let my good camera go to waste
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
  • Feniel
    Oiler

by Feniel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:37 pm

I would be willing to shoot videos at any of the sets i plan on attending (which is most xD ), if someone has a camera that can do it in decent quality, im bringing a cheesey canon powershot which would be ass for recording .
    2013-#4017 \m/

Epica, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Edguy, Avantasia, Helloween, Powerglove, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Into Eternity,[size=150] Unexpect[/size], Blackguard, Sabaton, Dio Diciples, Keep of Kallesian, Death Angel, Sirenia, Falconer, [/size][/color]
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm telling you guys, iPhone takes video better than half of these cameras I've seen people using.

I have no problem with the iPad guy (whoever that was last year) as long as he's not standing in front of me.
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:46 pm

they do take great videos. i dont have one though
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:50 pm

If you're upfront on the rail that's a good place to record, actually, because you don't have anyone in front of you, so you don't have to raise your camera and obstruct anyones view. I did very little filming on broad but most of it was from in front on the rail, had the camera straight in front of me at about chest height, not in anyones way at all.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • Feniel
    Oiler

by Feniel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Yea my old phone took excelent video at shows, but this new phone i have takes ass pictures so im not holding out for the video to be any better let alone the sound. Im just borrowing my moms point and shoot for the off picture i wanna take

Plus im usually standing at the back or right in front so im usually never in the way as Conrad said in the front you dont have to raise it up high and in the back who cares
    2013-#4017 \m/

Epica, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Edguy, Avantasia, Helloween, Powerglove, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Into Eternity,[size=150] Unexpect[/size], Blackguard, Sabaton, Dio Diciples, Keep of Kallesian, Death Angel, Sirenia, Falconer, [/size][/color]
Post Reply 10 posts Page 1 of 1