Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1
MUCH BETTER ORGANIZATION FOR SHOPPING ONBROAD!!
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

MUCH BETTER ORGANIZATION FOR SHOPPING ONBROAD!!

by Captain Alex » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:02 am

Ok I'm not sure If someone has commentated this before but last year the shopping onbroad had a totally terrible organization and the attention was extremely slow, I'm pretty sure many of us lost 3 or 4 hours to buy a shirt or two, I personally lost gigs and meets and greets for being on the queue.. so..

We demand a reasonable attention for shopping merchandise, I'm talking about less than 20 or 30 minutes to shop I don't know how, It may be with more people attending or more time tu buy, please UMC solve that big matter
    Last edited by Captain Alex on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

Re: MUCH BETTER ORGANIZATION FOR SHOPPING ONBROAD!!

by stoverkill » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:05 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone want to take a whack at that? :smoking:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:06 am

Captain Alex wrote:Ok I'm not sure If someone has commentate this before but last year the shopping onbroad had a totally terrible organization and the attention was extremely slow, I'm pretty sure many of us lost 3 or 4 hours to buy a shirt or two, I personally lost gigs and meets and greets for being on the queue.. so..

We demand a reasonable attention for shopping merchandise, I'm talking about less than 20 or 30 minutes to shop I don't know how, It may be with more people attending or more time tu buy, please UMC solve that big matter

I always liked the idea of letting us preorder shirts and such, then either picking them up of getting them to our rooms. It would improve business (more people would be inclined to buy with no wait) and it would be easier for us, the customers. Although, a lot of stuff seems like a no brainer :D
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:30 am

What I know is, that I do not wait more than 1/2 hour to buy a shirt. Sure my time is too precious for such a shit. I would like to buy some shirt and the idea with the pre order is good. Then I just saved money. :cry:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:43 am

I've never waited in the merch or meet and greet lines... I've already spent a couple grand to be on the boat, I'm going to be spending my time making memories rather than standing in some line.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:52 am

Blackfhyre wrote:I always liked the idea of letting us preorder shirts and such, then either picking them up of getting them to our rooms. It would improve business (more people would be inclined to buy with no wait) and it would be easier for us, the customers.
    :death:
    great idea. i would pre-order right now!
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:09 am

viathyn wrote:I've never waited in the merch or meet and greet lines... I've already spent a couple grand to be on the boat, I'm going to be spending my time making memories rather than standing in some line.

This.

I managed to get both cruise shirts (in fact, I'm wearing the 2012 one at work today) but probably because I wear a small and went on the last day when they still had them.

I agree that customer service could be vastly improved, but not sure if that's priority for UMC.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 am

Captain Alex wrote:Ok I'm not sure If someone has commentated this before but last year the shopping onbroad had a totally terrible organization and the attention was extremely slow, I'm pretty sure many of us lost 3 or 4 hours to buy a shirt or two, I personally lost gigs and meets and greets for being on the queue.. so..

meet and greet? to take a photo with a band that you probable meet on deck or near the stage?
    Buy a shirt and waste time getting memories for life?

forget that!!!! :wank:
    metal4ever
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:31 am

I think Barge to Hell had a much better merchandise arrangement than the first two 70k Tons.

Band Merch was displayed and sold in the Schooner Bar. You could walk through the bar and look at what was available without having to stand in line. For me, that was the biggest upgrade. You didn't have to wait in line if there was nothing special that you wanted.

You were still at the mercy of the how prepared the people in line in front of you are and the number of helpers Robin had behind the table, but I thought it was a much smoother running system.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:57 am

Keep in mind that Barge had way fewer people though.

I was always able to get an event shirt in less than 15 minutes but I never bothered with the band merch.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:07 am

Bentz! wrote:Band Merch was displayed and sold in the Schooner Bar. You could walk through the bar and look at what was available without having to stand in line. For me, that was the biggest upgrade. You didn't have to wait in line if there was nothing special that you wanted.

I really appreciated this.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:25 pm

The only reason you need money on these cruises to spend on booze.
    What is this 'merch' thing you speak of?
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:59 pm

Just don't bother with the merch lines, and wait until after the cruise and buy them on-line from the webstore.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Conrad wrote:Just don't bother with the merch lines, and wait until after the cruise and buy them on-line from the webstore.

That's my plan.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1