Post Reply 24 posts Page 1 of 1
SOS Travel Assistance Requested
    VorpalBunny
    Petty Officer

SOS Travel Assistance Requested

by VorpalBunny » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Pamela has become very ill, and we are worried to delay her flights in case she gets worse.

I am putting out a general SOS to the 70k community to ask if anyone can find her assistance at any of her layovers, or flights, so she can get home to her husband and children tomorrow.

Her flights are:
    MIAMI - CHICAGO United Airlines 296
    CHICAGO - DENVER United Airlines 304
    DENVER - SPOKANE United Airlines 542

If she can get any assistance at any of these airports from cruisers, or at any gates we would appreciate it. Please PM me for phone numbers.
    VorpalBunny
    Petty Officer

Re: SOS Travel Assistance Requested

by VorpalBunny » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:34 am

She is feeling much better today but would appreciate if anyone sees her today, if they can help her.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:13 am

VorpalBunny wrote:She is feeling much better today but would appreciate if anyone sees her today, if they can help her.

airline gate agents will gladly assist her, they can get her a wheelchair if it helps, they can arrange for rides to connecting flights at some bigger airports, too
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:53 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    VorpalBunny wrote:She is feeling much better today but would appreciate if anyone sees her today, if they can help her.

airline gate agents will gladly assist her, they can get her a wheelchair if it helps, they can arrange for rides to connecting flights at some bigger airports, too

Thanks for your help. I took it slow and made it back ok. Happy at home with my family. :)
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:21 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:

Glad to hear you made it home safe dear!

Thank you! I doubt I will go on only 6 hours of sleep if I get the flu next time... it was a bit taxing doing it while sick. :beerwink:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:01 pm

I've already heard of at least 7 people (including me) that had fever, cold and cough after the cruise.
    Was there some kind of virus reported in Miami or even in the boat?
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:12 pm

I have it now..off work today and yesterday, but I feel close to 100% now. I'd do it again.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:15 pm

pablov8 wrote:I've already heard of at least 7 people (including me) that had fever, cold and cough after the cruise.

The US in general had been going through a pretty big flu outbreak and I believe the norovirus as well.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:33 pm

A bunch of people got it after Barge too. I got a cold from Barge and a flu from a party on Dec. 21 and I was bed ridden for like a week. Lucky me though I've already had it.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:00 pm

Yeah, I had a very bad cold on friday and saturday. I'm way better now.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:07 pm

This happens every year. First year I haven't been sick, but I was pumping my body full of Vitamin C and stuff for the month prior.
  • Feniel
    Oiler

by Feniel » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:11 pm

I think i caught whatever was going round as well been sick as a dog last few daus after 70k
    2013-#4017 \m/

Epica, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Edguy, Avantasia, Helloween, Powerglove, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Into Eternity,[size=150] Unexpect[/size], Blackguard, Sabaton, Dio Diciples, Keep of Kallesian, Death Angel, Sirenia, Falconer, [/size][/color]
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:35 pm

I have NEVER been this sick in my entire life. I have a doctor appt tomorrow morning but might go to the ER tonight. I was feeling it on broad but tried to just drink myself well. :(
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    MissyMisfit
    Crewman

by MissyMisfit » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:39 pm

So far I haven't gotten sick this year (was really really ill after 2011 and not bad last year). I lived on emergen-c before and after the cruise but I did have this weird fever for like 2 days. No other symptoms just a 100 degree fever.......
    2011- Cabin #3098 2014 #8596
    2012- Cabin #3521 2015 #7200
    2013- Cabin #2599
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:55 am

pablov8 wrote:I've already heard of at least 7 people (including me) that had fever, cold and cough after the cruise.

I also get flu and sore throat after cruise, this is firts day when in ok.
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:29 am

I know of several too (My wife and mom included)
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:30 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:I have NEVER been this sick in my entire life. I have a doctor appt tomorrow morning but might go to the ER tonight. I was feeling it on broad but tried to just drink myself well. :(

Feel better
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:41 am

I'm amazed I haven't gotten sick. I always catch the cruise plague but somehow avoided this one (and it sounds like it's the worst one yet).
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:22 am

mooyagi wrote:I'm amazed I haven't gotten sick. I always catch the cruise plague but somehow avoided this one (and it sounds like it's the worst one yet).

I haven't been able to lie down flat to sleep since Day 2 of the cruise. I am still sleeping sitting propped up because the coughing fits lying down cause don't allow me to sleep. I think this is partially my fault in that I smoked like a chimney the entire cruise and just downed dayquil to fight the flu rather than get rest :oops: No regrets though, and I think I may finally be turning a corner with the cough. Here's hoping! (Oh, and I haven't touched a cigarette since I left the boat... quit for good this time so that good came out of it too :D )

Glad you didn't get sick mooyagi!! you certainly deserved one sick-free cruise!
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    IMayGo
    Petty Officer

by IMayGo » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:37 am

I started feeling bad Thursday night, so went to bed early and missed Sabaton and karaoke...

Luckily was the last night... Then I spent friday driving around Mia to make time for a late flight.
    Saturday and Sunday i felt a little better, but Monday at work started feeling really bad, so went to the doctor and he says..
    bronchospasm... He supposes it is from rented diving regulator (went diving with a few of you Wednesday at Grand Turk) or some airborne disease I caught onbroad...
    So FULL of antibiotics and corticoid right now :bitch: :bitch:
    This should go on the bitchin thread...
    IDidGo! Twice!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:45 am

Blackfhyre wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:I have NEVER been this sick in my entire life. I have a doctor appt tomorrow morning but might go to the ER tonight. I was feeling it on broad but tried to just drink myself well. :(

Feel better

Thank you , I slept 11 hours last night. On my way to the doctor now.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:30 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    Blackfhyre wrote:

Feel better

Thank you , I slept 11 hours last night. On my way to the doctor now.

Sleep is the best remedy
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:58 pm

Hey Pam,

hope you get healthy soon. great to meet you and nikki before and on cruise - no idea you were not feeling well. i would have just prescribed whiskey. :heavydrink: now i know where my face paint came from. :viking:
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:34 am

athun wrote:Hey Pam,

hope you get healthy soon. great to meet you and nikki before and on cruise - no idea you were not feeling well. i would have just prescribed whiskey. :heavydrink: now i know where my face paint came from. :viking:

Yes! Vorpalbunny was quite adept at finding people without facepaint!! did you see my post with links to the pics I took of all the facepainted cruisers? It was great meeting everyone too! I'm finally on the mend.. without whiskey ;)
    '13 '15 '16 '18
Post Reply 24 posts Page 1 of 1