Post Reply 854 posts
70k 2014 Lineup Predictions/Rumours
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 70k 2014 Lineup Predictions/Rumours

by rwalters » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:28 pm

I'm probably out this year. I can just go see Carcass and Dark Tranquillity / Omnium Gatherum tours in the U.S for like 20 dollars each. Already saw the Soilwork tour. Would love to see StS play 2 one hour sets, but that sure isn't worth 2K. I may grab one of the last doubles if it doesn't sell out, but I mean.... they really need to release these lineups WAY sooner. I don't see how they expect people to continually pay thousands of dollars when you don't even know which bands are booked. I understand the "community" aspect a lot of you have.... but I mean come on......
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Well said mate - if I was in your situation I would feel EXACTLY the same.

But for me - the lineup already includes four of my favourite bands that have only ever visited Australia once (Leaves' Eyes, Kamelot, Dark Tranquillity, Finntroll) plus two that never been here (Xandria, Symphony X), plus another couple that I will enjoy seeing (septicflesh, Swallow the sun, soilwork).

So thankfully, even though Andy is being an even bigger dick than usual, I'm happy enough with the money spent already.

Anyway, to the rumour-mobile!

VAN CANTO posted on their Facebook that they would announce tour dates for February - April 2014 "soon".

Perhaps the 'soon' is an indication that they will kick off the touring cycle with 70k?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:18 am

Looks like Amon Amarth have a Europe tour with special guest Carcass and Hell .... a gap in the listed schedule from Dec to Feb . could this mean the mighty AA will once again join us abroad the Majesty

we have Carcass and I wouldn't be to disappointed if Hell joined us either :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:14 am

Hm that would be nice!
    More Viking men!! :boobs:
    www.metal-exposure.com
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:28 am

DragonLordJones wrote:Looks like Amon Amarth have a Europe tour with special guest Carcass and Hell .... a gap in the listed schedule from Dec to Feb . could this mean the mighty AA will once again join us abroad the Majesty

we have Carcass and I wouldn't be to disappointed if Hell joined us either :cheers: :beerhorns:

I posted this last week in this thread:

Sgt. B wrote:I had heard about this rumoured tour. It appears that information has started to leak out. I saw it announced a few places on the web.

"Amon Amarth set to announce 2014 North America Winter tour in the near future. Two unknown support acts have been set to open. Expect an official announcement in the near future. The tour should run through Jan. & Feb."

If the support bands are the ones I originally heard, it will be an awesome tour. I'm really hoping that when the tour dates are announced, there is a gap from January 27-31, 2014.

There has been no new information leeked about the North American tour since last week. Amon Amarth is in Australia starting on February 22, 2014. So the tour would need to be done a few days before that I would guess. One of the rumored support bands has been on a cruise, the other none. I can't say anymore on it. Don't want to lose my source.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:45 am

sorry missed it ... doesn't hurt to continue rumors until dispelled :cheers:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:53 am

Agreed. :beerbang:
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:06 pm

Someone posted on one of the many unofficial 70k forums on Facebook that AMARANTHE are confirmed.

I have also heard names of two other bands that are meant to be locked in from a very reliable source. One fills me with joy, the other fills me with 'meh' :lol:

I cannot say any more than that though

Hopefully andy pulls his finger out and announces stuff asap as I hate keeping secrets!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Not surprised by Amaranthe, but not excited either.

Edit: On second thought, if Amaranthe perform on the pool during the day I might show up to see what outfit Elyze decides to wear :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Piecing together things I've heard and read from various sources. I believe Andy HAD Amon Amarth, Enslaved, and Skeletonwitch but apparently lost them due to poor communication... this is speculation mind you, but with a few things backing it up... well, those tour dates during the cruise were probably late bookings and the bands will do just fine, but Andy will have work on his hands to replace them... but, this is still just speculation
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Updated list - removed Amon Amarth, Saxon, Epica, Blind Guardian.

Aborted (courted as a very-last-minute Hypocrisy replacement on BTH)
    Alestorm (supposedly already booked)
    AMARANTHE - totally unsubtantiated, but someone posted on a facebook group they are confirmed
    Annihilator
    Children of Bodom
    DEATH DEALER - I contacted them and they said they've been in touch with UMC to try and get onbroad.
    Exodus
    Firewind
    Grave Digger
    Hypocrisy
    Korpiklaani
    Krokus
    Legion of the Damned
    OMNIUM GATHERUM - touring with Dark Tranquillity around the time of the cruise.
    Orphaned Land - tour news coming soooooon
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Snowy Shaw Project
    Suffocation
    Van Canto - said on 27 aug they would announce tour dates "soon". That was 3 weeks ago and nothing yet so it could be a UMC "soon :P
    Vital Remains
    Wintersun
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:06 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Piecing together things I've heard and read from various sources. I believe Andy HAD Amon Amarth, Enslaved, and Skeletonwitch but apparently lost them due to poor communication... this is speculation mind you, but with a few things backing it up... well, those tour dates during the cruise were probably late bookings and the bands will do just fine, but Andy will have work on his hands to replace them... but, this is still just speculation

Speculation - but makes a lot of sense!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:55 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Updated list - removed Amon Amarth, Saxon, Epica, Blind Guardian.

AMARANTHE - totally unsubtantiated, but someone posted on a facebook group they are confirmed
    Annihilator
    Children of Bodom
    DEATH DEALER - I contacted them and they said they've been in touch with UMC to try and get onbroad.
    Exodus
    Firewind
    Grave Digger
    Hypocrisy
    Korpiklaani
    Krokus
    Legion of the Damned
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Snowy Shaw Project
    Suffocation
    Van Canto - said on 27 aug they would announce tour dates "soon". That was 3 weeks ago and nothing yet so it could be a UMC "soon :P
    Vital Remains
    Wintersun

Wow, I could live with that! :headbanger:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:26 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Piecing together things I've heard and read from various sources. I believe Andy HAD Amon Amarth, Enslaved, and Skeletonwitch but apparently lost them due to poor communication... this is speculation mind you, but with a few things backing it up... well, those tour dates during the cruise were probably late bookings and the bands will do just fine, but Andy will have work on his hands to replace them... but, this is still just speculation

How can you possibly associate Andy's name with "poor communication"? ;)
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:56 pm

scyll wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Updated list - removed Amon Amarth, Saxon, Epica, Blind Guardian.

Annihilator
    Children of Bodom
    Exodus
    Firewind
    Grave Digger
    Hypocrisy
    Korpiklaani
    Krokus
    Legion of the Damned
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Snowy Shaw Project
    Suffocation
    Vital Remains
    Wintersun

Wow, I could live with that! :headbanger:

Yes yes yes :beerbang:
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:58 pm

Orphaned Land could be a strong, strong possibility again.

Just received their Visas to tour the United States again in 2014 (but no dates announced in the US), just announced a Europe/Latin American tour (ending before the cruise), and Yossi posted "Last days of summer.. took the time to relax and clear my head before the next big waves.. announcements soon"

ANNOUNCEMENTS SOON!!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:01 pm

I would loooove to see Orphaned Land again. They were a 'catch one set to see what they are about' band last time they were on broad.

If they were on again they would be a 'do not miss either set!!!' :beerwink:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:29 am

Ecliptica wrote:Orphaned Land could be a strong, strong possibility again.

Just received their Visas to tour the United States again in 2014 (but no dates announced in the US), just announced a Europe/Latin American tour (ending before the cruise), and Yossi posted "Last days of summer.. took the time to relax and clear my head before the next big waves.. announcements soon"

ANNOUNCEMENTS SOON!!!

"big waves". I like the sound of this possibility.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:40 am

Not a huge fan but I really enjoyed both shows
    Would like to see them back
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:16 am

They were literally the only band I was really pumped about in 2012 -- top 5-7 all-time band for me. Edguy wasn't announced until very late so didn't have a chance to get super excited about them.

I feel like that would be the case in 2014 if I were to go. I don't know how much longer I can wait not buying a ticket though.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:24 am

Ecliptica wrote:They were literally the only band I was really pumped about in 2012 -- top 5-7 all-time band for me. Edguy wasn't announced until very late so didn't have a chance to get super excited about them.

I feel like that would be the case in 2014 if I were to go. I don't know how much longer I can wait not buying a ticket though.

Just quit being silly and buy a ticket.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:They were literally the only band I was really pumped about in 2012 -- top 5-7 all-time band for me. Edguy wasn't announced until very late so didn't have a chance to get super excited about them.

2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:49 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Yeah, this.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Spoke with lead singer of Vital Remains tonight. They would LOVE to be on 70000 Tons, and have made this known to UMC. Andy, make this happen!
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:06 pm

meshuggah wrote:Spoke with lead singer of Vital Remains tonight. They would LOVE to be on 70000 Tons, and have made this known to UMC. Andy, make this happen!

I would like them back because I lost my memory card of their performance on BTH and the fact they are fukking brutal.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:49 pm

meshuggah wrote:Spoke with lead singer of Vital Remains tonight. They would LOVE to be on 70000 Tons, and have made this known to UMC. Andy, make this happen!

Will be very happy to see Tony Lazaro again.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:39 am

I missed Vital Remains on Barge so I would be happy with them onbroad!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:24 am

VAN CANTO posted tour dates for 2014. Certainly leaves a big gap that could be 70k.

VAN CANTO, WINTERSTORM [*] & Special Guest

14.02.2014 RUS - St. Petersburg / Zal Ozhidaniya
    15.02.2014 RUS - Moskau / Klub Volta
    21.02.2014 FR - Strassbourg / La Laiterie [*]
    22.02.2014 CH - Pratteln / Gallery [*]
    23.02.2014 DE - Nürnberg / RoFa [*]
    06.03.2014 IT - Milano / Factory [*]
    07.03.2014 DE - München / Backstage [*]
    08.03.2014 CZ - Prague / Nova Chmelnice [*]
    09.03.2014 DE - Ludwigsburg / ROFA [*]
    21.03.2014 DE - Aschaffenburg / ColosSaal [*]
    22.03.2014 DE - Hamburg / Grünspan [*]
    23.03.2014 DE - Hameln / Sumpfblume [*]
    02.04.2014 GB - London / Underworld [*]
    03.04.2014 NL - Tilburg / O13 [*]
    04.04.2014 DE - Bremen / Aladin [*]
    05.04.2014 DE - Köln / Live Music Hall [*]
    10.04.2014 DE - Berlin / Lido [*]
    11.04.2014 DE - Glauchau / Alte Spinnerei [*]
    12.04.2014 DE - Düsseldorf / Pitcher [*]
    13.04.2014 DE - Dortmund / FZW [*]
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:05 am

Dew Scented are touring with Death Angel in Nov/Dec. Could be a possibility!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:50 am

cowboy71 wrote:VAN CANTO posted tour dates for 2014. Certainly leaves a big gap that could be 70k.

VAN CANTO, WINTERSTORM [*] & Special Guest

14.02.2014 RUS - St. Petersburg / Zal Ozhidaniya
    15.02.2014 RUS - Moskau / Klub Volta
    21.02.2014 FR - Strassbourg / La Laiterie [*]
    22.02.2014 CH - Pratteln / Gallery [*]
    23.02.2014 DE - Nürnberg / RoFa [*]
    06.03.2014 IT - Milano / Factory [*]
    07.03.2014 DE - München / Backstage [*]
    08.03.2014 CZ - Prague / Nova Chmelnice [*]
    09.03.2014 DE - Ludwigsburg / ROFA [*]
    21.03.2014 DE - Aschaffenburg / ColosSaal [*]
    22.03.2014 DE - Hamburg / Grünspan [*]
    23.03.2014 DE - Hameln / Sumpfblume [*]
    02.04.2014 GB - London / Underworld [*]
    03.04.2014 NL - Tilburg / O13 [*]
    04.04.2014 DE - Bremen / Aladin [*]
    05.04.2014 DE - Köln / Live Music Hall [*]
    10.04.2014 DE - Berlin / Lido [*]
    11.04.2014 DE - Glauchau / Alte Spinnerei [*]
    12.04.2014 DE - Düsseldorf / Pitcher [*]
    13.04.2014 DE - Dortmund / FZW [*]

Hmmm, maybe I should start next year's easter vacation in Düsseldorf and Dortmund? :wank: :wank: :wank:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:33 am

Stained Class wrote:Dew Scented are touring with Death Angel in Nov/Dec. Could be a possibility!

Dew Scented would rock!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:33 am

Atrocity is playing just about every show Leaves' Eyes is playing except 70k, so it would only make sense to get them. Especially since they are pretty much the same people.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Metal1529
    Oiler

by Metal1529 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:37 am

Rhapsody of Fire has always been a good option (I'm desperately hoping they'll be there), and they've told me that they want to go on 70K some time. They just posted this on their FB:

"Hey guys, we will have a lot of surprises for you in the next weeks!"

Fingers crossed that means a 70K announcement. They'll have a new album to promote as of Nov 22, and they will be announcing a new tour soon as well, which will hopefully include 70K.
    Survivor:
    70K 2013 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578
    70K 2014 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578

Wish list: Rhapsody of Fire, LT's Rhapsody, Heidevolk, In Extremo, Dragonforce, Seventh Wonder, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:55 am

Damnation Angels (Pro Power USA band) posted on their Facebook page that they had a quote: "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT COMING ON SUNDAY!!"
    Since this is a hard date and not just 'SOON' I am guessing they are not onbroard but oh well... I would still like to meet PelleK and the band.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:14 pm

SpaceSlug wrote:Damnation Angels (Pro Power USA band) posted on their Facebook page that they had a quote: "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT COMING ON SUNDAY!!"
    Since this is a hard date and not just 'SOON' I am guessing they are not onbroard but oh well... I would still like to meet PelleK and the band.

They actually didn't sound very good live. They need a bit of practice performing, I really dig them on album though. I think it's just cus they're a relatively new band.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Stained Class wrote:Atrocity is playing just about every show Leaves' Eyes is playing except 70k, so it would only make sense to get them. Especially since they are pretty much the same people.

Leaves' Eyes are Atrocity + Liv Kristine, so they're already onbroad. And the frequent double shows makes it even likelier, IMO.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaves%27_Eyes wrote:They were formed in 2003 by Liv Kristine, the former lead singer of Theatre of Tragedy and the entire line-up of Atrocity.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:46 pm

And they have a different drummer, cause the drummer of Atrocity is my friend and he doesn't play in Leaves Eyes :P
    www.metal-exposure.com
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Speedy wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Atrocity is playing just about every show Leaves' Eyes is playing except 70k, so it would only make sense to get them. Especially since they are pretty much the same people.

Leaves' Eyes are Atrocity + Liv Kristine, so they're already onbroad. And the frequent double shows makes it even likelier, IMO.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaves%27_Eyes wrote:They were formed in 2003 by Liv Kristine, the former lead singer of Theatre of Tragedy and the entire line-up of Atrocity.

Yeah, I was just going off of wikipedia. So, what Ingrid said haha. It'll be even easier to book them since he'll probably be along for the ride anyways!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Updated list!

Annihilator
    Atrocity - they are 90% of Leaves Eyes, so makes sense
    Children of Bodom
    Dew Scented - touring with Death Angel in December
    Exodus
    Firewind
    Grave Digger
    Hypocrisy
    Korpiklaani
    Krokus
    Legion of the Damned
    Orphaned Land - tour news coming soooooon
    ReVamp - 2014 tour dates announced, with a gap in them around 70k time
    Rhapsody of Fire - new album to promote, Fabio loves 70k, so makes sense
    Snowy Shaw Project
    Suffocation
    Van Canto - Europe tour starts Feb. Could easily use 70k as a 'warm up' gig.
    Vital Remains
    Wintersun
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:57 pm

Well I wouldn't quite call Dew Scented a legitimate rumour, unless the tour went up to like a week before 70k. But, whatever, I'm sure it would make people happy!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
Post Reply 854 posts