Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1
my 70K3 review
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

my 70K3 review

by stoverkill » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:14 pm

70K3 was freaking awesome. A+++

Not as good a lineup for me as Barge, but I had such a good time..... it might have been the best time I have had yet... which is what I had said about Barge also....... this trip at least equaled Barge in fun factor.

When the Jeff Waters all-star jam was announced, I posted almost instantly that I wanted to do Seek n Destroy.... and I'll be damned.... I totally got to sing it with Jeff and some good friends. Something I will never forget. I don't know who picked the set-list, but I really don't think that was an accident.

I had so many people come up to me who recognized me from here or facebook, but I didn't know them necessarily.... and they said people had told them nice things about me.... I got all choked up a couple times some of the stuff they said..... so that was nice and unexpected.

I met tons of band members, a couple even bought me beers. Actually, I had a TON of people buy me beers, which was incredibly generous. My bar tab was only $125. (previous trips were well over $700 a couple times) So, thank you to everyone who bought me a drink ! Cheers!

The pool girls thing was kinda a hollow deal, but I very much enjoyed meeting one of them in particular who was very nice. So that was OK, but prolly not necessary in the future. (end of discussion on that topic please. Masha was wearing a dead animal and some dude had the Borat thong thing and spread his harry ass.... Someone jump on those please..... way more offensive than pool girls in my book)

Oh yeah, and in case you still haven't figured it out I AM THE GARMINATOR! OK!?!? It was fucking me. But, Allison and everyone at UMC are such good sports, they totally hooked me up and I totally got to sing the Garmin song at Karaoke .... in fact I serenaded Aaron with it lol! It was great.

So I just wanted to say, thanks to Andy, Allison, Aaron, Blake, and Vincent (nice to meet you bro!) for a great time again!

And thanks to all my forum friends ...... you guys are the best and I can't say enough how humbled I am by how nice you guys are to me, especially when I can be such an ass.

I love you guys.

SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

Re: my 70K3 review

by Blackfhyre » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:23 pm

:headbanger:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Great review Stover :deathhorns:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:17 pm

:viking: Killer review!
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Well said brother!!! :bangers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:43 pm

The Garminator makes cruises better! :viking:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:10 pm

SLAYER!!!!

:mrgreen:
    Very nice review btw! :cool:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:31 pm

Nice review. Great meeting you finally, man.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Love you too Lil' Stovie! :lol: Cool review!
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:51 pm

:deathhorns:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:31 am

Goddess of Metal wrote:Love you too Lil' Stovie! :lol: Cool review!

Lil Stovie has been conspicuous with his absence lately :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Blumpkin
    Petty Officer

by Blumpkin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:10 am

Haha, yeah, you're right, those Borat thongs are a lot more unpleasant than the pool girls.
  • AnacrusisVOX
    Petty Officer

by AnacrusisVOX » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:37 pm

stoverkill wrote:When the Jeff Waters all-star jam was announced, I posted almost instantly that I wanted to do Seek n Destroy.... and I'll be damned.... I totally got to sing it with Jeff and some good friends. Something I will never forget.

I actually caught you singing this and you sounded great. :wank:
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:46 pm

It was a pleasure to meet you, darling! :) Thank you for the best Masha's picture ever!
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1