Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

Re: Swallow This Announcement!

by Monmisreal » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:52 am

TheBigJankowski wrote:Love the band, love the announcement. Definitely 1 set, will try for both, depending on conflicts. Definitely a Spectrum Lounge band though.

Yea, but this one of the ones I prefer there. I saw them in a tiny ass venue and was one of about 5 people there primarily for them. They put on an amazing show even though whenever they said what song was next I was the only one cheering :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:24 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:OK, so this is slightly disturbingly written by me.

And only those who's been on this forum a while might get it.

But "Swallow This Announcement!" takes my mind back to various services offered to UMC staff for announcements...

:lol: :wank:

cowboy71 wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:actually cowboy for the first few announcements of the first few cruises I don't believe they followed that route either. If I recall they gave us a batch of bands then sent out the ship and scouting parties :cheers: :beerhorns: If I recall correctly

Yeah, I think this is correct.

Actually sorta correct, sorta incorrect. Did some research and:

2011 - initial couple of announcements and then for band 9 "Before we take off on a world tour to pick up more bands for our line-up we thought we would need some more Finnish Trolls, so please welcome FINNTROLL to the line-up of 70000TONS OF METAL. 9 out of 40 and counting. Now we set sail in the Baltic Sea on our way to pick up the next band. Where may our next port call be...? You shall know soon! Stay tuned!"

2012 - First seven bands announced and as part of that announcement "And as a tradition, we will make our first scheduled port call in Finland. Sailors... prepare your wish-lists!"

2013 - First 10 bands in one announcement, then for band 11: "As a tradition, 70000TONS OF METAL begins it's long journey in the Baltic Sea. Metalheads from around the world: Please welcome TURISAS!"

So, maaaaaaybe, they will stay with tradition, and pickup another Finnish band before setting sail?

Well, the announcement did indicate that there are more Finnish bands coming, so that would fit.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:03 am

Well this just made my decision to not go this time harder. Still on the fence I guess. Might have to try to grab an individual spot later.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:16 pm

Jebus_Cripes wrote:Well this just made my decision to not go this time harder. Still on the fence I guess. Might have to try to grab an individual spot later.

Looking at your signature, it appears to me like you're into a crap-ton of melodeath. I have a feeling there will be a few more of them onbroad this year, seeing as the genre as a whole has been somewhat misrepresented (Historically, Ville can rejoice!).

I'd certainly like to see most from your wishlist, so bring 'em on I say!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:40 pm

With these poor announcements, I feel I'm in no rush to book our cabin yet.
    1,5/11. Not impressed, I might say.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Tobbe wrote:With these poor announcements, I feel I'm in no rush to book our cabin yet.

Tough crowd!

Personally, I think it's the strongest 70k lineup yet. When you see the power weenies whining about the announcements (not you, just on facebook I see them) you know it's a good lineup! :lol:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Warphine wrote:
    Tobbe wrote:With these poor announcements, I feel I'm in no rush to book our cabin yet.

Tough crowd!

Personally, I think it's the strongest 70k lineup yet. When you see the power weenies whining about the announcements (not you, just on facebook I see them) you know it's a good lineup! :lol:

I'm whining here! :P

Seriously, bring on the Power Metal! We need rainbows and unicorns and swords and sorcerers and dragons, and princesses and knights and dragons and mountains...
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Best band announced on the cruise. I'm a super fan. Will know any song they play. Best doom/goth band going right now in the world. Best current Finnish band. Saying they are Spectrum band is doubtful considering they've made U.S. stops last two albums and are genre leaders (least popular genre).

I don't see how I don't book at this point.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:49 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Warphine wrote:

Tough crowd!

Seriously, bring on the Power Metal! We need rainbows and unicorns and swords and sorcerers and dragons, and princesses and knights and dragons and mountains...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY8bVGskB6g This song alone covers at least half of those things.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:37 pm

X-Thor wrote:

I'm whining here too! :shred: :deathhorns:

bring on the Symphonic Power Metal! We need heroes and syrens and angels, demons, witches, flying and sea journeys, melodic solos... Mysteries of Time ... spells, potions and witchcraft (Hechizos, Pócimas y Brujería)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBN4T_EV64A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTbLfGMhscI
    Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-ReVamp-Syrens Call-Iron Maidens-Epica-Satyricon-Mägo de Oz-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coorius-Sabaton-Visions of Atlantis-Amaranthe-Lande-Sabaton
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:[quote="Warphine"
    Tough crowd!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY8bVGskB6g This song alone covers at least half of those things.[/quote]

Yes, but it's not enough! (Is it ever?)
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Warphine wrote:

Tough crowd!

Still no wishlisters but I'm finding this lineup way better than the last one
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:45 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    Warphine wrote:

Tough crowd!

Still no wishlisters but I'm finding this lineup way better than the last one

you mean way mooyagi :lol: who I think is a big fan of Symphony X?
    Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-ReVamp-Syrens Call-Iron Maidens-Epica-Satyricon-Mägo de Oz-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coorius-Sabaton-Visions of Atlantis-Amaranthe-Lande-Sabaton
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:33 pm

All you weenies: quit whining and if you don't like the lineup, do what Big Dome does and go on a Disney cruise. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:10 pm

I'm happy enough so far - three bands from my wishlist (Symphony X, Leaves' Eyes, Dark Tranquillity), one band I'm happy to see again (Finntroll), and a few bands I'll gladly view at least one set from (Swallow the Sun, Fear Factory). Pretty much on par with initial lineups from all three previous cruises for me.

I'm interested to see what happens next. I'm predicting/hoping that they grab another Finnish band (preferrably Tarot, Thaurorod or Poisonblack) then head off on their way around the globe.

If that happens I would predict Germany would be the next stop. All previous lineups have had a large contingent of German bands, and we've got none so far! I have about a dozen on my wishlist so I hope thats the way things roll :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:55 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I'm happy enough so far - three bands from my wishlist (Symphony X, Leaves' Eyes, Dark Tranquillity), one band I'm happy to see again (Finntroll), and a few bands I'll gladly view at least one set from (Swallow the Sun, Fear Factory). Pretty much on par with initial lineups from all three previous cruises for me.

I'm interested to see what happens next. I'm predicting/hoping that they grab another Finnish band (preferrably Tarot, Thaurorod or Poisonblack) then head off on their way around the globe.

If that happens I would predict Germany would be the next stop. All previous lineups have had a large contingent of German bands, and we've got none so far! I have about a dozen on my wishlist so I hope thats the way things roll :)

ACCEPT ... Andy needs to get them on broad SCORPIONS would make a dream addition :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:41 am

cowboy71 wrote:I'm happy enough so far - three bands from my wishlist (Symphony X, Leaves' Eyes, Dark Tranquillity), one band I'm happy to see again (Finntroll), and a few bands I'll gladly view at least one set from (Swallow the Sun, Fear Factory). Pretty much on par with initial lineups from all three previous cruises for me.

I'm happy with the lineup so far too. But what I'd really like to see are those bucket list bands, or bands that don't tour regularly. So far, there's 4 bands I've never seen before, but all of them have toured the states rather often, or in the last 3 years.

cowboy71 wrote:I'm interested to see what happens next. I'm predicting/hoping that they grab another Finnish band (preferrably Tarot, Thaurorod or Poisonblack) then head off on their way around the globe.

Going off what I just said above, I REALLY hope for a Before The Dawn farewell show!!! :deathhorns:

cowboy71 wrote:If that happens I would predict Germany would be the next stop. All previous lineups have had a large contingent of German bands, and we've got none so far! I have about a dozen on my wishlist so I hope thats the way things roll :)

And starting in Germany wouldn't be a bad touch either. Take all the German bands on your wishlist and add DARK FORTRESS and we're in good shape. :mrgreen: :bmhorns:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:59 am

DragonLordJones wrote:
    ACCEPT ... Andy needs to get them on broad SCORPIONS would make a dream addition :cheers: :beerhorns:

THIS right here!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:34 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:

I'm happy with the lineup so far too. But what I'd really like to see are those bucket list bands, or bands that don't tour regularly. So far, there's 4 bands I've never seen before, but all of them have toured the states rather often, or in the last 3 years.

That sums up my sentiments as well. While I am enjoying the lineup overall so far, I've seen all but 2 bands at least twice, and they all seem to be regulars over in the States (even if they do skip Detroit!).

But, with 30ish more bands to announce, there's bound to be at least a few bucket-listers for most folks.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:36 am

Totally off topic, but I've been on a huge Type O kick lately. Your shirt reminded me. :cool:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:37 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Totally off topic, but I've been on a huge Type O kick lately. Your shirt reminded me. :cool:

Is it due to the anniversary of Pete's passing, three days ago?
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:41 am

Yep. I watched Symphony For The Devil, listened to Bloody Kisses, Life Is Killing Me, and The Least Worst Of... lately too.
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:48 am

Good stuff. Makes me think, it's been a while since I watched After Dark... thinking I'll fire that up this weekend!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:51 am

:mrgreen: :smoking:
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:31 am

Speaking of Type O and Mr. Steele, I REALLY enjoy this track from Swallow the Sun which is supposed to be a tribute to Peter:

Swallow the Sun - April 14th
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz6fQmbN5Vs

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:41 am

Aye, that's a good one. I *almost* mentioned it...
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):

Wishlist (Repeats):
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:07 pm

What's awesome about the April 14th track is the Type O influence in the music alone. Parts of it sound exactly like Type O.
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:34 pm

Memnoch wrote:All you weenies: quit whining and if you don't like the lineup, do what Big Dome does and go on a Disney cruise. :lol:

Speaking of Big Dome, Andy needs to see what Craig just posted on facebook and had made, priceless:

SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Warphine wrote:Speaking of Type O and Mr. Steele, I REALLY enjoy this track from Swallow the Sun which is supposed to be a tribute to Peter:

never heard of that song but I like it as it's my birthday :P
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:41 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:All you weenies: quit whining and if you don't like the lineup, do what Big Dome does and go on a Disney cruise. :lol:

Speaking of Big Dome, Andy needs to see what Craig just posted on facebook and had made, priceless:

Edited (Improved) version of this one plus a few morefun ones over in the random pic thread: http://www.70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=848&p=227123#p227123

:cheers:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:50 pm

Posted a comment about being forced to bite my grammar-nazi-cyber-tongue but then saw you'd fixed it in the other thread so... I got nothing to say but

SHEER BRILLIANCE SIR!!! :cheers:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:28 am

also happy. First payment(1/4) -done!

But before embarking I will make 2 stopovers. Sonisphere Madrid(Must see Tierra Santa live) and Forta Rock XL (NL)
    metal4ever
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:26 am

broegaard wrote:

But before embarking I will make 2 stopovers. Sonisphere Madrid(Must see Tierra Santa live) and Forta Rock XL (NL)

---and you get to see Avantasia - not too shabby...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Captain Alex wrote:
    Warphine wrote:Speaking of Type O and Mr. Steele, I REALLY enjoy this track from Swallow the Sun which is supposed to be a tribute to Peter:

never heard of that song but I like it as it's my birthday :P

Well, happy (late) birthday! :heavydrink:

• broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:04 pm

last_candle wrote:
    broegaard wrote:

---and you get to see Avantasia - not too shabby...

twice....they will play here in Brazil (June)
    metal4ever
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:18 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

hahaha wonder how many people has had that dream ... and how many times :lol: :lol: :lol: ... personally sometimes a dragon burns him
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:10 am

the best comedy contains the most truth...

Last edited by Disaster Area on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:15 am

These are awesome, Craig! :lol:

I am hoping you'd make one about Fathead's unnatural liking to Russian boys. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:20 am

Memnoch wrote:These are awesome, Craig! :lol:

I am hoping you'd make one about Fathead's unnatural liking to Russian boys. :beerwink:

okay, I really dig that one! :cheers:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:09 pm

Disaster Area wrote:the best comedy contains the most truth...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
Post Reply 4744 posts