Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Only Your Dead And Lifeless CARCASS Will Return!

by Azazel101 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:36 am

meshuggah wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:I say a huge "+1" to everything gnoff just said ^ there!!!

yay, I get a +1 :viking:

A humongous +2 from both wife and me!

Well said Gnoff +4!!!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:36 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I say a huge "+1" to everything gnoff just said ^ there!!!

Add me as well.
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Good stuff Gnoff, good stuff.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:26 pm

This is the 10th page in this thread since the Carcass announcement.

It will also be the four-month anniversary of the Carcass announcement tomorrow.

What does all this mean?

It means the lack of announcements is making statsman reeeeeeally scrape the bottom of the barrel for statstics.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:50 pm

I'm expecting the next announcement to be on October 28th and that it'll be one saying 70k will be merged with the Cockrocked cruise.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:54 am

Maybe the delay is due to the CARCASS having caused such a PUNGENT STENCH there was a DEATH, and they've had to call the CORONER to perform an AUTOPSY?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:58 am

cowboy71 wrote:Maybe the delay is due to the CARCASS having caused such a PUNGENT STENCH there was a DEATH, and they've had to call the CORONER to perform an AUTOPSY?

I'd be ok with that. :beerwink:
    The Pungent Stench would make the boat to be a VOMITORY and the loss of one life due to ASPHYXiation would require a GRAVE - leaving the poor passenger ENTOMBED.
    Wishlist:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:31 am

cowboy71 wrote:Maybe the delay is due to the TROUBLE caused by CARCASS having such a PUNGENT STENCH there was a DEATH, and they've had to call the CORONER to perform an AUTOPSY?
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:03 am

meshuggah wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Maybe the delay is due to the TROUBLE caused by CARCASS having such a PUNGENT STENCH there was a DEATH, and they've had to call the CORONER to perform an AUTOPSY?

:shock:

:D

Love what you did there!!! :headbanger:

:shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:28 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:well I wouldn't mind
    * Location voting + following decision where we're going
    * More bands, well all of 'em really + running order (yeah, I know...)
    * Veteran/gold cruiser extra special feature mentioned earlier
    * More frequent non-announcements/UMC interaction on this forum and/or Facebook and/or their website inbetween real-announcements droughts
    * Info on whether the possibility that we'll ever see a 70k/Barge DVD is grasping for the stars or not (not asking for the actual DVD, just asking for info if this was ever planned and is likely to at all happen)
    * Band youtube greetings pre-cruise like we had before the first cruise

None of the above is really asking too much, is it?

Then of course comes pipe dreams too, eg
    * Bigger/different beer selection on the ship that are not all variants of macro lagers (there are other beers on other RC ships, it is in their purchasing organization already)
    * At least one specially brewed 70k beer from a US craft brewery (hey, I can help)
    * Beer tasting(s) onbroad (hey, I can help)
    * Better handling of merch onbroad, as to keep down waiting in line and making sure things are not sold out too fast
    * Pre-order of merch delivered to your cabin before departure
    * A festival type "cloth" wristband available so you can show off to your mates
    * Goodie bag from sponsors, e.g. demos, pens, stickers, patches, posters, CDs, DVDs, magazines etc

Don't really think I'm bitching, am I?
    From my view at least, only stating some things that I feel "should" or "could" be expected, plus some things that could happen.

And breaking the radio silence a bit too.

Yup, I totally support this!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:41 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:

:shock:

:D

Love what you did there!!! :headbanger:

:shred:

That would be awesome to have all that onboard
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
  • FIFI5150
    Wiper

by FIFI5150 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:36 am

Four months of silence. This situation is not making me laugh any more. :cry:
    athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:26 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Then of course comes pipe dreams too, eg
    * Bigger/different beer selection on the ship that are not all variants of macro lagers (there are other beers on other RC ships, it is in their purchasing organization already)
    * At least one specially brewed 70k beer from a US craft brewery (hey, I can help)
    * Beer tasting(s) onbroad (hey, I can help)
    * Better handling of merch onbroad, as to keep down waiting in line and making sure things are not sold out too fast
    * Pre-order of merch delivered to your cabin before departure
    * A festival type "cloth" wristband available so you can show off to your mates
    * Goodie bag from sponsors, e.g. demos, pens, stickers, patches, posters, CDs, DVDs, magazines etc

Awesome list gnoff! and they are all in the realm of easily doable. which makes it more awesomer.

i would add - a live on location broadcast of "Wayne's World" if aurora's public access channel will allow. i think the 3:30 am tuesday slot is open.
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Carcass! Yay!

cowboy71 wrote:Maybe the delay is due to the CARCASS having caused such a PUNGENT STENCH there was a DEATH, and they've had to call the CORONER to perform an AUTOPSY?

No. I still bet on "Andy fucking up with our heads" :P :P
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:02 pm

pablov8 wrote:No. I still bet on "Andy fucking off with our money" :P :P

FIXED.

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:54 am

What could possibly be causing the hold-up with the announcements? Seeing that it's even *longer* than usual, it's hard *not* to jump to the conclusion that *something* has gone awry this time - either difficulty getting bands this time round, some issue with RC/the ship, $$$$, or something else (that needs to be "sorted out"/resolved before any more "official"/public announcements/statements are made). Although I decided to defect to the Prog Nation cruise in February, I still wish continued success for 70K and that a great time is had by all going in January!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:06 am

The next time we hear from UMC will be something along the lines "Our scouting party finally found a vessel in which they can go and find bands for the cruise. Their rowboat is headed North from Miami. How long will they row? You will know soon! In the meanwhile we are sorry to announce the cancellation of all fourteen bands from the lineup. Worry not, we have some more surprises on the horizon for you!".
    Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:52 am

Memnoch wrote:The next time we hear from UMC will be something along the lines "Our scouting party finally found a vessel in which they can go and find bands for the cruise. Their rowboat is headed North from Miami. How long will they row? You will know soon! In the meanwhile we are sorry to announce the cancellation of all fourteen bands from the lineup. Worry not, we have some more surprises on the horizon for you!".

:lol: That would cause quite the shitstorm
    I should get around to updating my signature
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:34 pm

Laura wrote:What could possibly be causing the hold-up with the announcements? Seeing that it's even *longer* than usual, it's hard *not* to jump to the conclusion that *something* has gone awry this time - either difficulty getting bands this time round, some issue with RC/the ship, $$$$, or something else (that needs to be "sorted out"/resolved before any more "official"/public announcements/statements are made). Although I decided to defect to the Prog Nation cruise in February, I still wish continued success for 70K and that a great time is had by all going in January!

I agree. This is way too long to not have any announcements of any kind, one can't help but think that somethings not right. I'm seriously thinking about canceling and booking on Prog Nation instead. At least I'll know where I'm going. Hellfest is looking pretty good also.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Unfortunately at this point of time Andy has a captive audience in my wife and I.

The combination of awesome bands, on a cruise ship with sit down meals and easy access to our cabin with a comfy bed, is the ideal scenario for us.

The lineup of no other cruises at this point in time compares - the prog cruise is good, but not worth us travelling to the US for.

BUT, if Wacken announced a 2014 Full Metal Cruise today and had a good initial lineup, due to this ridiculous silence we would literally jump ship in a heartbeat.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:37 pm

Memnoch wrote:

I'd be ok with that. :beerwink:
    The Pungent Stench would make the boat to be a VOMITORY and the loss of one life due to ASPHYXiation would require a GRAVE - leaving the poor passenger ENTOMBED.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I would DIE if those 4 were announced Memnoch
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:38 pm

127 days since the Carcass announcement. 128 days until sailing.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:49 pm

cowboy71 wrote:127 days since the Carcass announcement. 128 days until sailing.

If I don't see an announcement on September 26 (hopefully sooner) then I'll start to worry ...... Andy has given us an announcement on that date every year, for whatever reason. I hope he doesn't fail this time. even if it's just to say all is fine (or something is amiss) and we are working on it. Be patient for a few more days folks. :cheers: :beerhorns: :stagger: :3drunks: :givebeer:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:05 pm

I went back to the stats and you are pretty close to 100% correct. Certainly, every year we have had announcements around that date.

Here are the exact details:

24 Sep 2010 - Nevermore/Sanctuary

24 Sep 2011 - Pentegram
    26 Sep 2011 - Athiest
    29 Sep 2011 - Kamelot

26 Sep 2012 - Helloween/Kreator/Gotthard

So it will certainly be a statistical anomaly is we don't get an announcement in the next couple of days.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:16 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I went back to the stats and you are pretty close to 100% correct. Certainly, every year we have had announcements around that date.

Here are the exact details:

24 Sep 2010 - Nevermore/Sanctuary

24 Sep 2011 - Pentegram
    26 Sep 2011 - Athiest
    29 Sep 2011 - Kamelot

26 Sep 2012 - Helloween/Kreator/Gotthard

So it will certainly be a statistical anomaly is we don't get an announcement in the next couple of days.

Well, the last two months have been a statistica anomaly. :P

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:09 pm

onenight wrote:
    Laura wrote:What could possibly be causing the hold-up with the announcements? Seeing that it's even *longer* than usual, it's hard *not* to jump to the conclusion that *something* has gone awry this time - either difficulty getting bands this time round, some issue with RC/the ship, $$$$, or something else (that needs to be "sorted out"/resolved before any more "official"/public announcements/statements are made). Although I decided to defect to the Prog Nation cruise in February, I still wish continued success for 70K and that a great time is had by all going in January!

I agree. This is way too long to not have any announcements of any kind, one can't help but think that somethings not right. I'm seriously thinking about canceling and booking on Prog Nation instead. At least I'll know where I'm going. Hellfest is looking pretty good also.

I'm pretty close to doing the exact same thing. I'm a huge thrasher, and there wont be any of that on the prog cruise, but at least we know what we're going to get. This was going to be my 3rd cruise. My cabinmate is the lead passenger and she might not be able to go. If she drops out, I honestly don't see any incentive for me to rebook with anybody else for 70k...do you???
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Its now less days to the cruise, than it has been since the last announcement :|
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:06 pm

I like what we got all ready. No way I am backing out if I can help it.
    I love me 4 nights on the boat each year.
    I do not want to miss it.

But on the other note. Come on all ready :bitch: :bitch:
    129 days
    WTF
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:57 am

cowboy71 wrote:Its now less days to the cruise, than it has been since the last announcement :|

Damn, that's pretty crazy to think about.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    Fa MetalKween
    Oiler

by Fa MetalKween » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Azazel101 wrote:I like what we got all ready. No way I am backing out if I can help it.
    I love me 4 nights on the boat each year.
    I do not want to miss it.

But on the other note. Come on all ready :bitch: :bitch:
    129 days
    WTF

Totally agree. The lineup so far is pretty rad. I am very stoked for Carcass which is the reason I'm going. But on the other hand it gives me agita to think the rest of the bands might be fillers. More thrash = more better. :shred:
    TOXIC HOLOCAUST - LICH KING - SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - MUNICIPAL WASTE - OBITUARY - AUTOPSY - DARK ANGEL - DESTRUCTION
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Since this is the thread most likely to be creeped by our skipper if he gives a damn anymore:

WHAT THE FUCK. NOT EVEN ASKED? NOT EVEN ASKED??? :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:02 pm

^that
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Stained Class wrote:^that

^This

--
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:22 pm

X-Thor wrote:

^This

Hell Yes
    We need a super group
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:28 pm

X-Thor wrote:

^This

Yeah. I've gone from disappointment and annoyance to rage from seeing that picture. We validate the complete silence FOR OVER FOUR MONTHS with the thought that they are just working hard on getting bands booked. Yet we just keep finding out more and more circumstances of bands that are being given the brush off, not approached, because of conflicting tours wouldn't be possible and just recently how one band that is already booked is considering dropping off since they've had such a rough go communication wise with UMC.

I said a couple months ago that I'd be a lifer for these cruises, well I feel like I'm spent. This will be my last 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise and even then - depending on where the line up stands by cancellation date, I may cancel considering all the bands I want to see on the ship I've already seen before. If there's another Barge I'd consider it, but this will be my last 70K for many, many years to come. God damn it.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:45 pm

^^^ wow, that is a bold and ballsy statement from you Marlo - which I like about you ;) , but which makes me sad right now nonetheless for obvious reasons. ;)
    (although I don't doubt that I'll see you again someday regardless like the Bolt Thrower weekend back in June and such. :cheers: )
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:08 pm

Statsman coming out with the stats.

Prior to this, the longest period of total social media silence in the 4+ years that UMC has had an internet footprint was about 65 days, and that was between cruises (last announcement for 70k 2011 and first post for 70k 2012) .

(Even during the long wait for bands for Barge there were a couple of non-announcements, and some activity on the 70k side as well.)

So this silence is literally TWICE as long as the previous longest silence, in four years. If not cause for concern, at least cause for raised eyebrows.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Laura wrote:^^^ wow, that is a bold and ballsy statement from you Marlo - which I like about you ;) , but which makes me sad right now nonetheless for obvious reasons. ;)
    (although I don't doubt that I'll see you again someday regardless like the Bolt Thrower weekend back in June and such. :cheers: )

Thanks Laura :beerwink: but with my trip to Chicago I had realized - our international metal community is a small one, I don't need these cruises to upkeep the friendships I've made through them nor are they the only opportunity to see those friends that we have made. This is the part that I believe UMC has missed the boat to capitalize the most on considering the "family" dynamic in which so many RETURNING cruisers feel and draw them to sail again. If that had been focused upon more and given more attention, the consensus of most cruising this year I believe would be quite different. There will be other festivals, in new cities with different opportunities and different experiences. And in comparison, I like how other festivals are run in comparison despite this one is more "unique" but even that loses its touch slightly after four rounds on these cruises.

And in speaking of other festivals - the other festival I am booked on in 2014 is Maryland Deathfest. I don't question their business model. I don't question their customer service, that they won't be able to book enough bands or ones that I'll like. I don't question anything, I'm just thankful to be going. Because they give me something to look forward to, they have communication down well enough that it establishes full consumer confidence. I've loved the experiences on these cruises I've had in the past, people I've met and bands I've seen - but I've gotten to the point where I'm just angry at how its handled and want something new.

And also Laura, you'll be sure to see me again. I LOVED Chicago and especially Reggies as a venue. Yeah, you can definitely count on seeing me again :party:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:03 am

Yeah, I'm quite annoyed too. When the year began, I thought I would go to 70K in 2014 no matter what... Well, now I might face some choices (hopefully a job change) that will force me to choose between 70K and Metaldays/Wacken. If UMC silence continues, this decision will be a very easy one.

4.5 months of complete silence, without even a noannouncement or a post on the forums? That's just disappointing. I know UMC is a small crew, but I guarantee that they could have found someone to post noannouncements for free if they had asked here on the forums or just searched a little bit.

And, yeah, I can't believe they're also treating bands this way.

--
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:33 am

X-Thor wrote:4.5 months of complete silence, without even a noannouncement or a post on the forums? That's just disappointing.

^ this. I deal with no announcements since I dont have to worry of flights, but if that wasnt the case id pprobably cancel.

No announcements or posts but there have been thread moves and deletions. Instead of deleting a thread about no announcements at least give some reassurance for customer satisfaction. With how easy it is to make updates, even while not im the same country, a wait this long is just pathetic from a business standpoint.
Post Reply 4744 posts