Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

by X-Thor » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:06 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:The cruise could have only Justin Bieber and One Direction and I'd STILL have an awesome time (though I'd probably skip the merch stand).[/size]

Don't you think that might be pushing it a bit?

This year's line-up was almost perfect for me. And yet all of the best memories I have are of people I met there. I booked blindly because of the experience.

(Obviously, I'd have more fun in a metal cruise with y'all than in a Bieber cruise with y'all, but I'd still have an awesome time).

Marlo, you are SO right. I feel the weenie bitching has increased lately. I'm sorry about that, and I will try to make my posts more positive in the future. :oops:

I guess a "heavier" 70K was in order after the 70,000 Tons of Violins 2013. :viking:

I LOVE the idea of the safe-words. They will throw newbies off! And it can be a new forum running in-joke, like "broad". :lol:

I'd also like to say that I think it is awesome how the forum-community is trying very hard to make this "place" the nice, friendly and fun thing it used to be.

That's it. I love you all and I can't wait to have a drink and listen to the bands when we are onbroad.

:bangers:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:30 pm

It's been 28 hours. Where is the next announcement?!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:35 pm

vikingbitch wrote:This forum has become so wayward since it first started, most of the "brutals" quit the forum and there's been more "weenie" bitching about "brutals" (and with being so few "brutals" left there has been more than one occasion where I've taken some of the bashing quite personally but have brushed it off as much as its attributed to being quite done with these cruises) than ever this past year and some. I've liked to think my personal bitching has been how announcements etc have been handled rather than the bands announced for the vast majority - hell, I was crushed for a lot of you that were looking forward to Kamelot and still hope you get a great replacement.

A lot of those into more extreme music are a bit more sensitive this time around but understandably to an extent - no word about another Barge to Hell, as shown in Dallas's numbers above extreme metal had the short end of the stick on the last cruise. Add on to the anxiety those six months of silence caused... yeah.

I think we need to find a new way to deal with our frustrations to help break down the brutal vs weenie divide. Sometimes we can get carried away, I do and I know many of you do as well. Bitching about semantics of the cruise is fair game but if you see someone saying something you find offensive or overtly negative about a band or genre call them on it with a safety word. Safety words as follows (must include the smiley shown to encourage good humor):

Bitching about extreme metal: APPLE :boobs:

Bitching about weenie metal: ORANGE :wank:

Who's up for giving this method at least a small try to clean this up?

So uhhh.... SPEEDWOLF? SPEEDWOLF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GZsdp-ZmZo

:shred: :shred: :shred:

Seriously, you can't like Motorhead and not like this band.

This entire post is rad-brilliant, Ms. Marlo!! ...and if I never told you this before - you are one very, very bright & funny young lady. :heavydrink:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Chris wrote:It's been 28 hours. Where is the next announcement?!

:lol: :heavydrink:

This kind of post cracks me up (in mostly a good, funny way). Seriously, how would the 70K community react if THE ENTIRE LINE-UP :shock: was announced before booking commenced for 2015? Wow, what a concept!! Almost give-me-a-fucking-heart-attack shock value. :death: :lol: Different cruise of course and fewer bands total on the line-up (23), but Mr. Portnoy was able to pull that off with the Prog Nation cruise a full SIX MONTHS out.
    :metalguy:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:27 pm

I haven't bitched about us getting weenie bands; hell, I'm really looking forward to seeing Xandria. I hate that this is turning out to be 70,000 Tons of Repeats. And, of course, we need more death metal. That's one thing people forget when they group all thrash, black and death metal (and their sub-genres) in one; all of those genres have their own fans, and most don't like all of them. So, for me it's love for death metal and hate for thrash. So far we only have one death metal band onbroad (and even that's a repeat) with Obituary. Sure, Carcass and Septicflesh have some death metal influences, but they're not death metal.

I'd be happy with two or three non-repeat old school death metal bands and the rest can be anything. Anything other than Arkona, obviously. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:58 pm

THE DONNAS ! :viking:
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:23 pm

vikingbitch wrote:

You can have SPEEDWOLF if I can have POWERWOLF :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:48 am

Memnoch wrote:I haven't bitched about us getting weenie bands; hell, I'm really looking forward to seeing Xandria. I hate that this is turning out to be 70,000 Tons of Repeats. And, of course, we need more death metal. That's one thing people forget when they group all thrash, black and death metal (and their sub-genres) in one; all of those genres have their own fans, and most don't like all of them. So, for me it's love for death metal and hate for thrash. So far we only have one death metal band onbroad (and even that's a repeat) with Obituary. Sure, Carcass and Septicflesh have some death metal influences, but they're not death metal.

I'd be happy with two or three non-repeat old school death metal bands and the rest can be anything. Anything other than Arkona, obviously. :lol:

Aren't there 10 new bands out the 18, I think that's good. At the end if there are 24ish new bands out of the 40 thats a good result I think.
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:07 am

Memnoch wrote: Anything other than Arkona, obviously. :lol:

THIS!!!!!! I can't be the only one who thinks they're probably the most overrated band ever.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:17 am

Personally, I like grunts and tough bands, but also weenies. To me (and this is obviously subjective), the lineup looks like this right now in terms of weenieness - more weenieness doesn't mean better or worse!

Super weenie - i-wanna-puke-rainbows bands:
    - Xandria
    - Leaves' Eyes

Not so weenie bands - but not that far from that anyway:
    - Symphony X
    - Finntroll
    - Soilwork
    - Victory

Not weenie at all - who is Tobbias Sammet?
    - Dark Tranquillity
    - Fear Factory
    - D.R.I.
    - SepticFlesh

I eat weenie bandmembers for breakfast:
    - Carcass
    - Obituary
    - Cripper
    - Satyricon
    - Swallow the Sun
    - Death Angel
    - The Haunted
    - Overkill

So who's complaining about weenies? We need Freedom Call and Edguy onboard to balance the forces of the universe :D (not really, no)
    Last edited by bodomdragon on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:18 am

Laura wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:This forum has become so wayward since it first started, most of the "brutals" quit the forum and there's been more "weenie" bitching about "brutals" (and with being so few "brutals" left there has been more than one occasion where I've taken some of the bashing quite personally but have brushed it off as much as its attributed to being quite done with these cruises) than ever this past year and some. I've liked to think my personal bitching has been how announcements etc have been handled rather than the bands announced for the vast majority - hell, I was crushed for a lot of you that were looking forward to Kamelot and still hope you get a great replacement.

A lot of those into more extreme music are a bit more sensitive this time around but understandably to an extent - no word about another Barge to Hell, as shown in Dallas's numbers above extreme metal had the short end of the stick on the last cruise. Add on to the anxiety those six months of silence caused... yeah.

I think we need to find a new way to deal with our frustrations to help break down the brutal vs weenie divide. Sometimes we can get carried away, I do and I know many of you do as well. Bitching about semantics of the cruise is fair game but if you see someone saying something you find offensive or overtly negative about a band or genre call them on it with a safety word. Safety words as follows (must include the smiley shown to encourage good humor):

Bitching about extreme metal: APPLE :boobs:

Bitching about weenie metal: ORANGE :wank:

Who's up for giving this method at least a small try to clean this up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GZsdp-ZmZo

:shred: :shred: :shred:

Seriously, you can't like Motorhead and not like this band.

This entire post is rad-brilliant, Ms. Marlo!! ...and if I never told you this before - you are one very, very bright & funny young lady. :heavydrink:

I like both brutal metal and weenie metal........I must be a freak :D
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:26 am

bodomdragon wrote:Super weenie - i-wanna-puke-rainbows bands:
    - Xandria
    - Leaves' Eyes

- Symphony X
    - Finntroll
    - Soilwork
    - Victory

- Dark Tranquillity
    - Fear Factory
    - D.R.I.
    - SepticFlesh

- Carcass
    - Obituary
    - Cripper
    - Satyricon
    - Swallow the Sun
    - Death Angel
    - The Haunted
    - Overkill

To me the only brutal-ish bands are Carcass (to some extent), Obituary, Satyricon (to some extent) and Septicflesh (to some extent). I can't see any thrash bands being super brutal, especially not the likes of Overkill or Cripper; The Haunted and Death Angel have some brutal moments, but all in all they're not brutal. So, if anything, we have way too much semi-brutal bands onbroad. To balance that, I say we get more girlie bands and real brutal bands. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    MLH
    Crewman

by MLH » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:36 am

I don't think it would be any kinda surprise to see heavier line-up this year. There is 80s metal cruise and a prog cruise too early next year.

I don't know whats the whole weenie -genre ( i suppose something melodic with clean vocals ) but I don't really care about the genre as long as the band is great. I dig a lot of power metal but still most bands in that genre suck balls and are very uninteresting and not worth wasting your time with. Same applies to my music taste with about every genre. There is way too many good bands spread around genres to listen some junk from certain pool, that sounds decent but you can't remember wtf you even listened after the song. I wouldn't mind going from Journey gig straight to Dissection show.

I've been to festivals that had too many good bands and its not that fun either. Don't want to stand 15h a day with ear plugs on to catch everything interesting. Currently there is only few sets i haven't seen or care too much about on the cruise but maybe it will change. So bring some quality instead quantity. Honestly only upside to bringing these average "insert random female vocalist and play some symphonic shit" -bands is to get them ladies wet.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:54 am

MLH wrote:Honestly only upside to bringing these average "insert random female vocalist and play some symphonic shit" -bands is to get them ladies wet.

Memnoch wrote: I say we get more girlie bands .... :beerwink:

I think he just called you a lady :shock: :boobs:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:07 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    MLH wrote:Honestly only upside to bringing these average "insert random female vocalist and play some symphonic shit" -bands is to get them ladies wet.

Memnoch wrote: I say we get more girlie bands .... :beerwink:

I think he just called you a lady :shock: :boobs:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Wishlist:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:13 am

C'Mon Andy, gimme a few reasons, in band form, to give you my money...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:35 am

Memnoch wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Super weenie - i-wanna-puke-rainbows bands:
    - Xandria
    - Leaves' Eyes

- Symphony X
    - Finntroll
    - Soilwork
    - Victory

- Dark Tranquillity
    - Fear Factory
    - D.R.I.
    - SepticFlesh

- Carcass
    - Obituary
    - Cripper
    - Satyricon
    - Swallow the Sun
    - Death Angel
    - The Haunted
    - Overkill

To me the only brutal-ish bands are Carcass (to some extent), Obituary, Satyricon (to some extent) and Septicflesh (to some extent). I can't see any thrash bands being super brutal, especially not the likes of Overkill or Cripper; The Haunted and Death Angel have some brutal moments, but all in all they're not brutal. So, if anything, we have way too much semi-brutal bands onbroad. To balance that, I say we get more girlie bands and real brutal bands. :beerwink:

:D :cry:
    I hope that was a joke Ville only brutal band for to board are Obituary other bands are Kids music :D
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:52 am

I am pretty satisfied with the line up so far, though I secretly hope there will be more brutal bands announced.

So when all you guys are crying somewhere... I'll just eat a weenie bandmember myself for breakfast, to fill up my stomach a bit to get drunk and celebrate some metal! :beerhorns: :beerhorns:
    www.metal-exposure.com
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

You can have SPEEDWOLF if I can have POWERWOLF :)

How about Steppenwolf?!?!

Letherwolf?

Cry Wolf?

Or the no moar metal ever named Metalwolf?

And hey, what about Canadian Metal Legends WHITE WOLF!!!

Okay, I'm kidding but I did own an album of theirs in the 80's
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:35 am

Wolfmother!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:00 pm

I'm confused about the use of the safewords. :oops: :oops:

Do we use them when fans complain about a genre or when fans from a genre complain?
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:01 pm

What about WOLF!
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Ingrid wrote:I am pretty satisfied with the line up so far, though I secretly hope there will be more brutal bands announced.

So when all you guys are crying somewhere... I'll just eat a weenie bandmember myself for breakfast, to fill up my stomach a bit to get drunk and celebrate some metal! :beerhorns: :beerhorns:

:lol: :lol: weenie for breakfast
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Wolfchant!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:36 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:And hey, what about Canadian Metal Legends WHITE WOLF!!!

Okay, I'm kidding but I did own an album of theirs in the 80's

Hey! Any band that does a cover version of Magnum is alright in my book :beerbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDxwyPOQoIk
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Announcement!

I think we're due...It'll be harder to sell out this ship if much more is held back for much longer.

Plus, I am bored.
    RootOfAllEvil
    Crewman

by RootOfAllEvil » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Talking wolves:

Tuomas Saukkonen's new project WOLFHEART would be nice, too!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Chris wrote:Announcement!

I think we're due...It'll be harder to sell out this ship if much more is held back for much longer.

Plus, I am bored.

Nah. Wednesday is not a common day for announcements. The bulk of band announcements for 2014 have dropped on either Monday or Friday. So if we are to get another this week, I'm predicting we'll have to wait a couple of days yet.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:37 pm

That seems about right. But predicting these things seems to be mostly guess work anyway.
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:21 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

Plus, I am bored.

Nah. Wednesday is not a common day for announcements. The bulk of band announcements for 2014 have dropped on either Monday or Friday. So if we are to get another this week, I'm predicting we'll have to wait a couple of days yet.

Andy needs to pick up the pace. He needs an announcement about every two days. Or multiple announcements in one day. :shock:
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Plus, I am bored.

Andy needs to pick up the pace. He needs an announcement about every two days. Or multiple announcements in one day. :shock:

That would be awesome - easiest way to stop the weenies and the br00tals from complaining. Announce a weenie AND a br00tal!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Plus, I am bored.

Maybe for Christmas, several bands can be announced as pictured in lumps of coal!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:07 am

Chris wrote:But predicting these things seems to be mostly guess work anyway.

Shhhh... Da Statsman might hear ya :mrgreen:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:09 am

meshuggah wrote:
    Maybe for Christmas, several bands can be announced as pictured in lumps of coal!

That would be hilarious. Whatever is announced will likely be coal (something to complain about) for someone.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:35 am

Chris wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:

That would be hilarious. Whatever is announced will likely be coal (something to complain about) for someone.

Lol start it with Coal Chamber and end it with diamond head or diamond plate
    Not wishing for any of the 3 but it would be funny
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:53 pm

This is post number 666!! I know there's a thread around here somewhere for this crap but couldn't find one.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:03 pm

onenight wrote:This is post number 666!! I know there's a thread around here somewhere for this crap but couldn't find one.

Yeah it was the "forum rank" thread I think? I'll try n find it.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:28 pm

i tried my hardest to get Jon Oliva's Pain on the ship while i was in Floridia last friday-tues ,but that won't happen, and also i tried to get the (GENITORTURERS) on for their 20 years of depravity anniversary show for the album 120 Days, their manager called UMC and was told all the bands are booked for the cruise, so people relax at the fact it's all booked, and (ONENIGHT) CONGRATS on the 666 post , and i have a Jon Oliva's Pain pick for you from Jerry Outlaw :shred:
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:41 pm

mindgrind wrote:i tried my hardest to get Jon Oliva's Pain on the ship while i was in Floridia last friday-tues ,but that won't happen, and also i tried to get the (GENITORTURERS) on for their 20 years of depravity anniversary show for the album 120 Days, their manager called UMC and was told all the bands are booked for the cruise, so people relax at the fact it's all booked, and (ONENIGHT) CONGRATS on the 666 post , and i have a Jon Oliva's Pain pick for you from Jerry Outlaw :shred:

We get told that story every year.

And then every year we hear bands talking about how they only got asked days before sailing.

Either way, sad to hear that Jon won't be on broad :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:42 pm

I can believe that, but when the manager called about booking Genitorturers they said all band spots where booked , so now we only have to wait for the skipper to type them in soon.....ya I'm sad jon won't get on a ship, I was told they have been asked every year from Jerry :cry:
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
Post Reply 4744 posts