Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    jodionline
    Ensign

Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

by jodionline » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:08 am

I'll take one in Mexiko :shots: :lol:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:11 am

I *would* have predicted an announcement tomorrow, given that we've had four Friday announcements for this cruise already.

But fuck, we've now gone 10 days without an announcement, we've got 23 or maybe even 24 bands still to announce, and there are only 45 days to go.

So yeah, I got no fucking idea :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:10 am

cowboy71 wrote:I *would* have predicted an announcement tomorrow, given that we've had four Friday announcements for this cruise already.

But fuck, we've now gone 10 days without an announcement, we've got 23 or maybe even 24 bands still to announce, and there are only 45 days to go.

So yeah, I got no fucking idea :P

I'm surprised you're still trying to find some sort of logic on this year's announcements :D
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:01 am

Sometimes I think Andy makes announcements when he does to spite any expectations people may have of them.
    But it doesn't matter. In 45 days things will be great.
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:08 am

Metaladdict187 wrote:I will drink beer til a band is announced. :whisky: :cheers: :boobs:

I like tits

this ^
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:48 am

Metaladdict187 wrote:I will drink beer til a band is announced. :whisky: :cheers: :boobs:

I like tits

You sound like an awesome person. I like you.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:54 am

Chris wrote:Sometimes I think Andy makes announcements when he does to spite any expectations people may have of them.
    But it doesn't matter. In 45 days things will be great.

Things will be great!
    Even besides the fact we will be out of cold Wisconsin.
    Cold beers on a open pool deck with great music :shred: :cheers: :stagger:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:19 am

:cheers:
    Very true.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:59 pm

No news and no annoucements = small probability for new customers

bad business model I should say...
    metal4ever
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:17 pm

broegaard wrote:No news and no annoucements = small probability for new customers

Nah. As long as the cruise is as good as usual and we have a good time, there'll be new customers.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:15 am

X-Thor wrote:
    broegaard wrote:No news and no annoucements = small probability for new customers

Nah. As long as the cruise is as good as usual and we have a good time, there'll be new customers.

so new customers will joint next year because i said i had a great time....
    metal4ever
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:26 am

broegaard wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

so new customers will joint next year because i said i had a great time....

I honestly don't think there is the smallest chance of 70k happening again next year.
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:40 am

bodomdragon wrote:I honestly don't think there is the smallest chance of 70k happening again next year.

you're possibly right .. even if we've a great time 'cause we'll hang with friends and have fun attending to many shows of bands many of us we don't really like, that don't erase the fact that organization has been a total mess and shit this year, the stupid template answers to the questions, the ridiculous lack of announcements and band cancellations, and even lack of cancellation announcements, and all that remains till today when are missing 22-24 bands to know and we'll be boarding in 43 days
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:00 am

agree....

And I think this is a good business poorly managed.

As customers we are willing to pay a premium fee to be a part of it. And extra 50 or 100$ for a well balanced cast with special performances is not a deal breaker for those willing to be on board.

Prog Power this year got a great lineup with special performances. Result...: Sold out is almost no time!!!
    metal4ever
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:20 pm

broegaard wrote:agree....

And I think this is a good business poorly managed.

As customers we are willing to pay a premium fee to be a part of it. And extra 50 or 100$ for a well balanced cast with special performances is not a deal breaker for those willing to be on board.

Prog Power this year got a great lineup with special performances. Result...: Sold out is almost no time!!!

agree
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:24 pm

bodomdragon wrote:I honestly don't think there is the smallest chance of 70k happening again next year.

Ya no, it's 100% happening next year. And 2015 which I assume is what you meant.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:27 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Ya no, it's 100% happening next year. And 2015 which I assume is what you meant.

No, what he meant is that it won't be happening AGAIN next year.

Which is true.

I dont' see there being any chance of two 70Ks happening in 2014 :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:28 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Which is true.

:lol: yes this is accurate lol
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:28 am

Won't be any announcement today, and I would say less than a 10% chance of an announcement tomorrow.

So that will leave us at 41 days with probably 23 bands to announce. One band every 1.7 days.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:34 am

cowboy71 wrote:Won't be any announcement today, and I would say less than a 10% chance of an announcement tomorrow.

So that will leave us at 41 days with probably 23 bands to announce. One band every 1.7 days.

Maybe we'll get 23 band on January 23rd?

--
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:09 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Which is true.

I obviously meant that it's not happening in 2015 :)
    Wishlist:

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:30 pm

bodomdragon wrote:I obviously meant that it's not happening in 2015 :)

It will happen. Just not on our Majesty :cry:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:14 pm

metal4ever
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:56 pm

SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:03 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:I obviously meant that it's not happening in 2015 :)

It will happen. Just not on our Majesty :cry:

The Majesty is still in Service till May 2015 - and some Dates in January 2015 are blocked. there is no other ship that fits for 4 Days, from Miami or Lauderdale. and if Andy wants to start a cruise from another Place - good luck. he also needs good luck if he starts from Miami, this year's announcement strategy scraed so many People off....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:55 pm

another day, no announcement. Big suprise :roll:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:04 pm

onenight wrote:another day, no announcement. Big suprise :roll:

No surprise whatsoever. Even the greatest optimist would not expect a Sunday announcement from UMC.

42 days to go, 22-24 bands still to announce.

In previous years:

2010 - we knew 37 bands on the 2011 cruise
    2011 - 32 bands had been added for the 2012 cruise
    2012 - 25 bands (this week was a big week last year though - 4 bands added plus the all star jam announced)
    2013 - 18
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:29 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Image

How about Andy gets dropped off the cliff and someone who actually gives a fuck takes over? :evil:
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:20 pm

So, maybe a flurry of announcements this coming week?
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:30 pm

:bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: ... Ugh... Come on Andy... This is getting absurd.
    2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Last two announcements have been on a Monday.

I predict with an ironclad guarantee of 100% accuracy that there will be an announcement tomorrow.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:59 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Last two announcements have been on a Monday.

I predict with an ironclad guarantee of 100% accuracy that there will be an announcement tomorrow.

Your guarantee will be forwarded to management for consideration. Cheers.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I honestly really don't think so.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Some one is drinking pretty hard...
    Here is to hope :heavydrink:
    And while we're at it, can it be guaranteed to be a multiple band announcement?
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:51 pm

"hi, we are happy to have you on board 70K tons of metal!! the largest .. .. .. and bigest .. .. ..
    more bands will be announced soon
    if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us

Cheers"
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:36 am

Had a dream Agalloch was announced.
    Last edited by Stained Class on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:40 am

I hope you're right. They're not the sort of thing I would go crazy to see live, but they have some good music.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:33 am

No, there won't. I don't expect anymore announcements until after Christmas. :shock:

--
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:55 am

I do not expect any more announcements. :evil:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:39 am

So each band will have to play four times. Yay!! Four sets of Symphony X :D
    Wishlist:

Post Reply 4744 posts