Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

by mfrap » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:02 am

bodomdragon wrote:So each band will have to play four times. Yay!! Four sets of Symphony X :D

strongly ok with this. more than enough time for all the epics! :belly:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:05 am

mfrap wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:So each band will have to play four times. Yay!! Four sets of Symphony X :D

strongly ok with this. more than enough time for all the epics! :belly:

The Odyssey, Divine Wings Of Tragedy and Iconoclast would be one set pretty much. And a damn good one!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:24 am

2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:20 pm

I'm so comfortable right now, not joining the 2014 edition of 70000 Tons. I would have been fucking rabid by now with the absence of announcements. Keeping their own customers on haul is fucking lame at this point. I wanna check out almost all bands before departure and now there's simply no time left to do that with all remaining 22-24 bands. I was looking for a return in 2015, but now I don't know.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Dark Tranquillity can play 10 hours. I wouldn´t mind.

They can play the same songs over and over.....I wouldn´t mind.
    metal4ever
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Anyone sensing that Within Temptation is coming aboard? Having their album drop feb 4th and all?
    2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:16 pm

SwallowYourSun wrote:Anyone sensing that Within Temptation is coming aboard? Having their album drop feb 4th and all?

I would literally lose my shit if Within Temptation were announced. Shit? Would definitely get lost.

And yeah - about my prediction. Ummmmm, I never said *who* would make an announcement, or *what* that announcement would be.

So.....

"NO BANDS TODAY FOR YOU!"

There you go - announcement.

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:18 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    SwallowYourSun wrote:Anyone sensing that Within Temptation is coming aboard? Having their album drop feb 4th and all?

I would literally lose my shit if Within Temptation were announced. Shit? Would definitely get lost.

And yeah - about my prediction. Ummmmm, I never said *who* would make an announcement, or *what* that announcement would be.

So.....

"NO BANDS TODAY FOR YOU!"

There you go - announcement.

:P

How can you be certain about that either?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Its all about reverse psychology you see.

I figure, that Andy exists purely to piss me off and make my predictions wrong.

So therefore, by predicting there will be no announcement today, Andy will make an announcement purely to spite me.

And now that I've said all this, it probably nullifies my cunning plan. D'oh!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:51 pm

^^^ Dallas - I think this year's announcement drama is about to do you in. :beerwink: :P
    Andy - come on - unbreak statsman!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Andy, you broke statsman.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:25 pm

42 days............. :?
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:02 pm

It'll come, soon.
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:08 pm

WHERE THE HELL IS THE BOAT????? I miss those posts.... Andy.... Its not fun anymore.....
    2018 wishlist:
  • Mindcrime
    Petty Officer

by Mindcrime » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:30 pm

SwallowYourSun wrote:WHERE THE HELL IS THE BOAT????? I miss those posts.... Andy.... Its not fun anymore.....

I couldn't agree with you more!! I really enjoyed those boat location announcements. I really don't get what Andy is thinking. I know he will probably come up with 40 bands or so but this really is poor customer service. I see the Legends of Rock 3 cruise has 13 bands. I am sure that is all they plan on having and they have them all announced already and their cruise is several weeks after ours. I haven't checked the Shiprocked site lately but I know a long time ago they had a whole slew of bands announced. Currently popular bands too. We should be getting an announcement every other day now till the cruise but I have little confidence that will happen. It's a shame Andy seems to be counting on the fact that everyone has such a good time with the other fans that they are willing to put up with this. I agree with what everyone has said about 2015 though. I can't see people jumping to sign up early.
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:14 pm

SwallowYourSun wrote:WHERE THE HELL IS THE BOAT????? I miss those posts.... Andy.... Its not fun anymore.....

and the scouting parties where the fuck are they??
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:

and the scouting parties where the fuck are they??

I think they quit sometime in May.
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:33 pm

My announcement that there will be no announcement is looking good :)

We've only had 2 late night announcements for 2014. DRI were announced around 10.30pm on a Saturday night and The Haunted were added at 10.30 on a Friday night.

So, carry on - go about your business. Not going to be any announcements today.

Statsman has spoken!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Does Andy realize that its December??
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:40 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:Does Andy realize that its December??

I'm sure he does, and he doesn't give a flying fuck :evil:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:09 pm

I know that everyone has an absolute right to bitch moan and complain. Hell I know more than a lot of you - this trip when you count the cost of the cabin ($3,000) cost of flights ($3,600), accommodation in Miami ($200), Incidentals like transport, food, merch, booze, parking ($500). Looking at being $7,500 out of pocket for me (paying for the wife and I).

Its a big investment!!

BUT - bitching here doesn't help. Andy comes in here and he sees all the bitching. Is it going to change how he does things? NOPE. It probably just pisses him off and makes him less likely to announce anything for us!

So lets all calm down, listen to some rainbows & unicorns happy weenie music, trust(HOPE) everything is under control...

.... then lineup to kick andy fair in the gonads when we are onbroad next month :bangers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:37 pm

I just threw up in my mouth :roll: I think that sums up how I feel
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:47 pm

Way to undo 4 years of goodwill Andy.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:55 pm

I would really love for them to be onbroad, but I'll get to see them in Saint Petersburg, Russia at the end of February anyway. Besides, they're not a repeat, so that pretty much rules them out. :P

To me there can only be three reasons for the stupid lack of announcements and communication from Andy:
    a) he's neck deep in shit for handling his business so badly and tries to figure out a way to get things together
    b) the rumoured personal issues are true and he's locked in some looney bin
    c) he really is one of the biggest douches on this planet

I hope it's option c. At least we could hope for a decent lineup and that everything will go well. But any of the three reasons makes me not want to book ever again.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:56 am

cowboy71 wrote:I know that everyone has an absolute right to bitch moan and complain. Hell I know more than a lot of you - this trip when you count the cost of the cabin ($3,000) cost of flights ($3,600), accommodation in Miami ($200), Incidentals like transport, food, merch, booze, parking ($500). Looking at being $7,500 out of pocket for me (paying for the wife and I).

Its a big investment!!

BUT - bitching here doesn't help. Andy comes in here and he sees all the bitching. Is it going to change how he does things? NOPE. It probably just pisses him off and makes him less likely to announce anything for us!

So lets all calm down, listen to some rainbows & unicorns happy weenie music, trust(HOPE) everything is under control...

.... then lineup to kick andy fair in the gonads when we are onbroad next month :bangers:

same here about the money but at least i got a good deal on first class tickets(price of economy class).

i won´t lose my sleep or time looking for the organizer(i don´t know who he is) :bitch: . All this s**t this year will weight on my decision for next year. :cry:

My Festival hual 2014 is: 70000, PPUSA and PPM Fest in Belgium :shred: . For 2015 probable 70000 will br out for a major european fest(to be decided late 2014/early 2015).
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:01 am

Memnoch wrote:

I would really love for them to be onbroad, but I'll get to see them in Saint Petersburg, Russia at the end of February anyway. Besides, they're not a repeat, so that pretty much rules them out. :P

To me there can only be three reasons for the stupid lack of announcements and communication from Andy:
    a) he's neck deep in shit for handling his business so badly and tries to figure out a way to get things together
    b) the rumoured personal issues are true and he's locked in some looney bin
    c) he really is one of the biggest douches on this planet

I hope it's option c. At least we could hope for a decent lineup and that everything will go well. But any of the three reasons makes me not want to book ever again.

I think is option a
    metal4ever
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:05 am

cowboy71 wrote:BUT - bitching here doesn't help. Andy comes in here and he sees all the bitching. Is it going to change how he does things? NOPE. It probably just pisses him off and makes him less likely to announce anything for us!

This doesn't make sense in any serious business. Rule number one is: listen to your damn customers and treat them properly. But especially listen to them.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:12 am

I would be no longer surprised if everything will be canceled and UMC is broke.

But ok, we will make the best of it and have fun in Miami. Fuck for UMC.

:evil: :bangers: :twisted:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:15 am

ITS COMING........ 8==========================UMC===============================D~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Our Hope) .... FOR GOOD OR BAD!
    2018 wishlist:
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:04 am

this is over a 20k trip for us, and while we planned it, we also planned on knowing who we are seeing, will not blind book this again, and all we need to do is remember the complete contempt umc have shown the people who pay for this.
    are a lot better options for the money we are spending, and next time we plan a metal holiday 70k will be very low on the list, sad, as seems to have gone well for previous years, but no band announcements for too long makes this seem to much
    like a gamble.
    not big on a 20k gamble :bitch: :bitch:
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:19 am

I really hope we will have more than 18 bands on broad ......... well, my hope is getting smaller each day :cry:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:35 am

Mal2000 wrote:I really hope we will have more than 18 bands on broad ......... well, my hope is getting smaller each day :cry:

I'm not really concerned about that. 18 bands = fraud = money back. I'm pretty sure Andy will end up with 40 bands onbroad as UMC has always promised. However, as days pass by I'm also more and more certain that many of the bands are going to be local, amateurish and/or rather unknown to most of us, creating by far the worst lineup ever for 70k, and we're gonna get to know their names just a few days before embarkation. I really hope these guys prove me wrong. Things are already f*cked up enough considering we won't have time to get familiar with many bands, but everyday the situation gets worse and worse, and UMC doesn't give a shit about it :)
    Last edited by bodomdragon on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:49 am

Mal2000 wrote:I really hope we will have more than 18 bands on broad ......... well, my hope is getting smaller each day :cry:

At this point I would be happy if it sailed. I have my doubts.... To add all 5 umc cruises with the airfare and on land meals and $500-600 card tab outs for booze and merch, etc it exceeds $30K for Eric and I. All I wanted was consideration from Andy and a solid, honest explanation on what has been going on with umc the past 9 months. I feel the reason we don't hear from him is because he is in trouble..I mean what kind of way is this to run a busines ? When the person you hand money to ignores you for months on end this is a huge red flag that something is awry. I have worked for two small companies in my life that both went under water. I saw the whole thing happen both times. Got real ugly. The owners would get calls from customers who did not receive product and they would screen the call and say to me or another staff member, "tell them I'm not here" We saw the bills piling up and the bounced checks from the banks...both of the owners put the clients and customers on ignore mode and avoided them. Right up until the doors shut for good and they both filed for bankruptcy !! I hope and pray to my lord I am wrong and there is a legit excuse for this shit. The last time I saw Andy was on stage on pool deck announcing this cruise that sails in 40 days. He looked happy, healthy, and hopeful. If more than half the bands were confirmed I would breathe easier, but at this point, I am very let down and worried.

:givebeer: Cheers, gained 30 lbs of beer weight cuz of this mess.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:19 am

that is actually the most probable choice, if no other bands will be added SOON,...very very strange, i think if there are plans to organize another cruise in 2015, a lot of people will wait very long before they book...if they still want to this,... there will be a nice cruise in europe too in april..

but the question here is: why are there only 18 bands announced until now ? why is it that difficult to hire them to the cruise...only money issues?
    i cannot imagine that this strategy is what a management needs to do...what can we still expect...
    some big surprises and big names, or no name US bands situated in florida to save money...

normally i have a lot of patience, but i start to have doubts that there will be 40 bands on the ship and probably the level of the music will not see the same as the last 3 years,

so then, lets hopefully have enough sun, drinks and fun on the pooldeck and enjoy the journey :heavydrink: :heavydrink:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:45 am

bodomdragon wrote:I'm not really concerned about that. 18 bands = fraud = money back.

Money back? If things do go wrong and we either will not get enough bands or there's no cruise at all, who in their right mind would think we get our money back? If they have financial trouble and file for bankruptcy, there's no way in hell we'll get our money back.
    My actual concern is that UMC will not deliver and they will just send us on a regular cruise. Two reasons to think like that, a) I'm fairly sure they have to pay RCL in advance anyhow and b) the ticket contract clearly states that the "entertainment portion" of the event is 200 USD. So, if they want to cancel, the cheapest way for UMC would be to send us on the boat and give back 200 USD to each passenger. If we end up with only, say, 20 bands onbroad, I think we'd get a refund of 100 USD.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:00 am

I do not think that they leave us with no music on board or leave with as few bands on board. Think this would be riots. So I think they will cancel the complete cruise and if all our money is gone they can't give back anything. :evil:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:29 am

All this mess and general disappointment makes me actually wonder if Andy will have the guts to be on the boat just like if nothing ever happened. This might as well happen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta-Z_psXODw
    Wishlist:

• broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:59 am

Memnoch wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:I'm not really concerned about that. 18 bands = fraud = money back.

Money back? If things do go wrong and we either will not get enough bands or there's no cruise at all, who in their right mind would think we get our money back? If they have financial trouble and file for bankruptcy, there's no way in hell we'll get our money back.
    My actual concern is that UMC will not deliver and they will just send us on a regular cruise. Two reasons to think like that, a) I'm fairly sure they have to pay RCL in advance anyhow and b) the ticket contract clearly states that the "entertainment portion" of the event is 200 USD. So, if they want to cancel, the cheapest way for UMC would be to send us on the boat and give back 200 USD to each passenger. If we end up with only, say, 20 bands onbroad, I think we'd get a refund of 100 USD.

if that happens(no bands) i will just forfeit the cruise. Be stranded a week on a boat is not my cup of tea.

I will rent a car and go to NC to meet my ex-step mother. Buy a buncd of CDs on line and head back to brazil after a week
    metal4ever
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:01 am

broegaard wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:

if that happens(no bands) i will just forfeit the cruise. Be stranded a week on a boat is not my cup of tea.

I will rent a car and go to NC to meet my ex-step mother. Buy a buncd of CDs on line and head back to brazil after a week

yup, same for me... forfeit the cruise and spend the money
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:03 am

If they sail us bandless we sink the boat and start a remote metal island where we hold the natives hostage until we get our 40 bands on shore to play 4 days of music for us. That or we all rent more busses and go down to New Orleans for a river boat gambling trip. :death:
Post Reply 4744 posts