Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 300
    Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 pm

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Max_Rockwell » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:11 am

    I'm so happy I decided to opt out this year.

    Although, to put some nice thoughts in everyone's heads that are going. PERHAPS they are planning a massive announcement in which they will also announce a bunch of local bands because they can only afford one massive band on the boat.

    Maiden.....


    who knows.....


    Good luck boys and girls.
  • User avatar
    jodionline
    Ensign
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:07 am
    Location: Oberfranken, Germany
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by jodionline » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:26 am

    Max_Rockwell wrote:I'm so happy I decided to opt out this year.

    Although, to put some nice thoughts in everyone's heads that are going. PERHAPS they are planning a massive announcement in which they will also announce a bunch of local bands because they can only afford one massive band on the boat.

    Maiden.....


    who knows.....


    Good luck boys and girls.


    That would be great. But does that make sense not to bring announcements though the ship is not sold out yet? I think not, unfortunately. But thank you for your nice try to make us smile a little bit. :cheers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

    Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

    Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by X-Thor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:15 am

    You know? As long as I get to spend one week with some of the most awesome persons on this Earth (ie my cruise family), I am happy.

    But seriously, guys, the cruise won't be cancelled, and there won't be 70K tons of local bands.

    We all know how Andy does business. 4/4 cruises delivered with an excellent line-up. Silence is no reason to doubt he will deliver again.

    So I suggest we all take a deep breath, relax and concentrate on the following:

    1- We will be on a cruise surrounded my fellow metalheads and friends. :bangers:

    2- We will be on a floating metal festival that has already AWESOME bands like Carcass, Dark Tranquility or Symphony X. :headbanger:

    3- Metal karaoke. :cool:

    4- Finding new/unknown bands on the cruise is a great experience.

    We only hurt ourselves by being angry. And we contribute to worsen the mood on the forums. So let's try and be positive. :D
    Last edited by X-Thor on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 195
    Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:09 am
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by mfrap » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:19 am

    X-Thor wrote:You know? As long as I get to spend one week with some of the most awesome persons on this Earth (ie my cruise family), I am happy.

    But seriously, guys, the cruise won't be cancelled, and there won't be 70K tons of local bands.

    We all know how Andy does business. 4/4 cruises delivered with an excellent line-up. Silence is no reason to doubt he will deliver again.

    So I suggest we all take a deep breath, relax and concentrate on the following:

    1- We will be on a cruise surrounded my fellow metalheads and friends. :bangers:

    2- We will be on a floating metal festival that has already AWESOME bands like Carcass, Dark Tranquility or Symphony X. :headbanger:

    3- Metal karaoke. :cool:

    4- Finding new/unknown bands on the cruise is a great experience.

    We only hurt ourselves by being angry. And we contribute to worsen the mood on the forums. So let's try and be positive. :D


    This ^. Besides I paid so long ago I would have just pissed that money away on booze anyways. :whisky:
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Stained Class » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:32 am

    Not to mention that my absolute favourite band on Barge was a last minute underground addition that noone had ever heard of and was just there to take up space, but their sets were fucking unreal! (Seita)
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:49 am
    Location: Lausanne, Switzerland

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Mal2000 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:14 am

    Stained Class wrote:Not to mention that my absolute favourite band on Barge was a last minute underground addition that noone had ever heard


    Speak for yourself ;) every Dutch metalhead knows Seita :wank:

    ehhhhh, Barge, can't forget.....
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1662
    Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am
    Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:16 am

    Max_Rockwell wrote:Although, to put some nice thoughts in everyone's heads that are going. PERHAPS they are planning a massive announcement in which they will also announce a bunch of local bands because they can only afford one massive band on the boat.

    Maiden.....


    who knows.....

    I also thought about that possibility. That would explain everything. If something huge (as huge as Maiden or Metallica) was announced, the ship would be sold out almost immediately and that would explain why Andy doesn't give a shit as he's gonna sell out anyway. But to be honest it still sounds uncanny, unless the guys from Iron Maiden - or whatever band it is for that matter - take this as some nice holidays and don't mind playing for much, much less money than they are used to.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

    2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • User avatar
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:49 am
    Location: Lausanne, Switzerland

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Mal2000 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:24 am

    bodomdragon wrote: unless the guys from Iron Maiden - or whatever band it is for that matter - take this as some nice holidays and don't mind playing for much, much less money than they are used to.


    Agree.
    That is the only possible option, which may be impossible :mrgreen:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
  • User avatar
    onenight
    Midshipman
    Posts: 821
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:11 pm
    Location: Indiana

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by onenight » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:04 pm

    Judas Priest would be a good option since they only play festivals anymore. I would be happy with 19 bands if they were announced. Highly unlikely though. I'm beginning to think this cruise actually taking place is highly unlikely. What the fuck is taking so long!!?? FUCK!!! :bitch:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • User avatar
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 532
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Mr.Kito » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:20 pm

    The only reasonable explanation is:

    They are trying to bring us Black Sabbath.


    that's it.. i've spoiled everything, sorry guys. :?
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 195
    Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:09 am
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by mfrap » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:32 pm

    Mr.Kito wrote:The only reasonable explanation is:

    They are trying to bring us Black Sabbath.


    that's it.. i've spoiled everything, sorry guys. :?


    That would dissapoint me more than having only 18 bands
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 6951
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:31 pm

    To quote Nathan Fillion from Slither, my easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested!

    A 'huge' band, for the incredibly optimistic, is not completely out of the question I guess.

    We've always known this would be the last 70k on Majesty - so maybe Andy has had someone big booked from day 1?

    And the most expensive cabins were 'sold out' VERY VERY early in the piece. Perfect 'sweetener' for a big ticket band.

    Why hold off? Well, there are only 300 or so cabins left in all the non-sold-out categories. And obviously a lot of those would be unavailable. So, my estimate would be maybe 10% of the cabins left at most?

    There is no need to announce a huge band to kick on sales. PLUS - maybe the huge band would prefer to be around general 'metal fans' as opposed to their more FANatical fans who would have booked had they been announced months ago.

    Just my 5 cents worth (because my opinion is worth more than 2 cents).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • User avatar
    MLH
    Crewman
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:09 pm
    Location: Espoo, Finland

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by MLH » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:35 pm

    cowboy71 wrote:To quote Nathan Fillion from Slither, my easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested!

    A 'huge' band, for the incredibly optimistic, is not completely out of the question I guess.

    We've always known this would be the last 70k on Majesty - so maybe Andy has had someone big booked from day 1?

    And the most expensive cabins were 'sold out' VERY VERY early in the piece. Perfect 'sweetener' for a big ticket band.

    Why hold off? Well, there are only 300 or so cabins left in all the non-sold-out categories. And obviously a lot of those would be unavailable. So, my estimate would be maybe 10% of the cabins left at most?

    There is no need to announce a huge band to kick on sales. PLUS - maybe the huge band would prefer to be around general 'metal fans' as opposed to their more FANatical fans who would have booked had they been announced months ago.

    Just my 5 cents worth (because my opinion is worth more than 2 cents).


    Holding a big band surprise this far in this situation would be the dumbest marketing strategy ever when shit ain't sold out.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1662
    Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am
    Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:02 pm

    MLH wrote:Holding a big band surprise this far in this situation would be the dumbest marketing strategy ever when shit ain't sold out.

    I don't see why. You think they wouldn't sell out with a huge name in the upcoming days? It's like 70% booked already.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

    2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by X-Thor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:13 pm

    bodomdragon wrote:
    MLH wrote:Holding a big band surprise this far in this situation would be the dumbest marketing strategy ever when shit ain't sold out.

    I don't see why. You think they wouldn't sell out with a huge name in the upcoming days? It's like 70% booked already.


    Probably more than that.

    My opinion is taht Andy is trying to see how much can he sell without announcements. Why? No idea.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 195
    Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:09 am
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by mfrap » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:17 pm

    In all reality he's just having a harder time negotiating contracts. the whole music cruise, even the metal ones, aren't a new thing anymore so theres likely less hype for bands to play. it might just be the same as booking for any show/festival at this point and maybe thats also why we have a few repeats: they liked it before and are easy to get to do it again.
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 6951
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:48 pm

    mfrap wrote:In all reality he's just having a harder time negotiating contracts. the whole music cruise, even the metal ones, aren't a new thing anymore so theres likely less hype for bands to play. it might just be the same as booking for any show/festival at this point and maybe thats also why we have a few repeats: they liked it before and are easy to get to do it again.

    And added to that, there are still a LOT that don't want to be "stuck on a ship surrounded by fans" for 5 days.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • User avatar
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 528
    Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:18 am
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Captain Alex » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:51 pm

    X-Thor wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:
    MLH wrote:Holding a big band surprise this far in this situation would be the dumbest marketing strategy ever when shit ain't sold out.

    I don't see why. You think they wouldn't sell out with a huge name in the upcoming days? It's like 70% booked already.


    Probably more than that.

    My opinion is taht Andy is trying to see how much can he sell without announcements. Why? No idea.

    Maybe because somebody told him last year that we will book even if he don`t make any announcements till the departure :P
    Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-ReVamp-Syrens Call-Iron Maidens-Epica-Satyricon-Mägo de Oz-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coorius-Sabaton-Visions of Atlantis-Amaranthe-Lande-Sabaton
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 6951
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:04 pm

    40 days until we sail!

    And maybe, less than 40 days until the next announcement!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 6951
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:33 pm

    Things that I can assert from announcements this year:

    - over 50% of announcements have occurred on either a Monday or a Friday.
    - only 2 have occurred between 7pm and midnight (Vancouver time)
    - almost 50% have occurred between 5pm and 7pm
    - zero announcements between midnight-midday


    So basically given that it is almost 7PM and a Tuesday the chance of an announcement today is EXTREMELY low. and further to that the odds are low for any announcement tomorrow or the next day.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by X-Thor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:34 pm

    Captain Alex wrote:Maybe because somebody told him last year that we will book even if he don`t make any announcements till the departure :P


    I didn't know he was going to take it literally!!! :oops:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 6951
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:48 pm

    So basically, its all Hector's fault.

    Hector - how do you feel about walking the plank, or being keelhauled?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • User avatar
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 528
    Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:18 am
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Captain Alex » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:00 pm

    X-Thor wrote:
    Captain Alex wrote:Maybe because somebody told him last year that we will book even if he don`t make any announcements till the departure :P


    I didn't know he was going to take it literally!!! :oops:


    he didn't indeed .. for the sake of your luck .. he decided to announce 18 bands before :cool:
    Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-ReVamp-Syrens Call-Iron Maidens-Epica-Satyricon-Mägo de Oz-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coorius-Sabaton-Visions of Atlantis-Amaranthe-Lande-Sabaton
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by X-Thor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:19 pm

    Captain Alex wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:
    Captain Alex wrote:Maybe because somebody told him last year that we will book even if he don`t make any announcements till the departure :P


    I didn't know he was going to take it literally!!! :oops:


    he didn't indeed .. for the sake of your luck .. he decided to announce 18 bands before :cool:


    See? It's not my fault!! :cool: :cool:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    Dimma
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 263
    Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:25 pm

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Dimma » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:34 pm

    I laughed when he said Aboot.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • User avatar
    ravenous
    Crewman
    Posts: 66
    Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:20 pm
    Location: Baltimore, Maryland

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by ravenous » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:39 pm

    Talked with a veteran cruise band that is on more than a cpl wish lists, they had a schedule conflict with the cruise at first but now have cleared up the time for the cruise and really want to play it again. Said they have been trying to contact Andy and UMC for a while and can't get any response.

    So hard and frustrating to understand WTF is going on .
    70k Survivor-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019
    -/-Witherfall-/-Alestorm-/-Exhorder-/-Soilwork-/-Kobra-and-the-Lotus-/-Powermad-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Symphony.X-/-Iced.Earth-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Leaves.Eyes-/-Overkill-/-Death.Angel-/-Testament-/-The.Order.of.Chaos-/-The.Agonist-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Epica-/-Into.Eternity-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Sanctuary-/-Wintersun-/-Powerglove-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Queensryche-/-Hatchet-/-
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1662
    Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am
    Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by bodomdragon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:35 am

    ravenous wrote:Talked with a veteran cruise band that is on more than a cpl wish lists, they had a schedule conflict with the cruise at first but now have cleared up the time for the cruise and really want to play it again. Said they have been trying to contact Andy and UMC for a while and can't get any response.

    So hard and frustrating to understand WTF is going on .

    This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to keelhaul Andy.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

    2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4802
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Memnoch » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:55 am

    So there's some hope left still if he doesn't answer the phone for repeat bands? :mrgreen:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 156
    Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:20 am

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by headlinerluxi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:29 am

    ravenous wrote:Talked with a veteran cruise band that is on more than a cpl wish lists, they had a schedule conflict with the cruise at first but now have cleared up the time for the cruise and really want to play it again. Said they have been trying to contact Andy and UMC for a while and can't get any response.

    So hard and frustrating to understand WTF is going on .



    that s strange, i got quick feedback on all i asked them...

    probably and hopefully they are working on some special sets,....that can explain why not each band request will be served,
    last year one wellknown bass player told me his band wanted to join, but they did not get positif feedback too,...
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
  • User avatar
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 532
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Mr.Kito » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:10 am

    mfrap wrote:In all reality he's just having a harder time negotiating contracts. the whole music cruise, even the metal ones, aren't a new thing anymore so theres likely less hype for bands to play. it might just be the same as booking for any show/festival at this point and maybe thats also why we have a few repeats: they liked it before and are easy to get to do it again.


    well... my band would accept to play...

    just saying, you know.. andy.. if you can hear us :mrgreen:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 300
    Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 pm

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Max_Rockwell » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:09 am

    You guys were mentally going down the right path. Stay on it.

    You'll have Maiden, or Slayer and Megadeth booked before the end of the year.
    Christmas present from Andy.

    Just picture it, and snap your fingers and it shall be.
  • User avatar
    jodionline
    Ensign
    Posts: 1208
    Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:07 am
    Location: Oberfranken, Germany
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by jodionline » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:07 am

    I think then we all freak out :wank: :shred:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

    Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

    Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • User avatar
    Chris
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 299
    Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:45 am
    Location: Wausau,WI USA

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Chris » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:22 pm

    Max_Rockwell wrote:You guys were mentally going down the right path. Stay on it.

    You'll have Maiden, or Slayer and Megadeth booked before the end of the year.
    Christmas present from Andy.

    Just picture it, and snap your fingers and it shall be.

    Just like announcements!
  • User avatar
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman
    Posts: 67
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:02 pm

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by SwallowYourSun » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:29 pm

    We've had 5 bands announced since mid may.. carcass was announced over 7 months ago... not to mention 1 cancel... that's stunning and pathetic. 5 bands in 7 months....
    2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
  • User avatar
    Chris
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 299
    Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:45 am
    Location: Wausau,WI USA

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Chris » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:37 pm

    So in about 4 years we should be good to go?
    It's frustrating for sure. A good lesson on not booking early. But, I don't think anyone was forced into booking.
    If the line up is full and fine by cruise time, this whole slow announcement thing wont matter to me. Probably wont book early again. Might even spend that time/money else where. It is what it is. Can't do anything but wait....anything productive anyway.
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 6951
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:52 pm

    Where has all the admins gone?

    Allison - Last visited: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:44 am (why is she still even listed as an admin??? She doesn't even work there!)
    Aaron - Last visited: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:15 am (has he left too??)
    Andy - Last visited: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:44 pm
    Mike - Last visited: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:46 am

    Caitlyn is the only one around, and it seems as though she gets treated like a mushroom (kept in the dark and occasionally fed shit) like the rest of us.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 413
    Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:19 pm
    Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Metaladdict187 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:07 pm

    cowboy71 wrote:Where has all the admins gone?

    Allison - Last visited: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:44 am (why is she still even listed as an admin??? She doesn't even work there!)
    Aaron - Last visited: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:15 am (has he left too??)
    Andy - Last visited: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:44 pm
    Mike - Last visited: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:46 am

    Caitlyn is the only one around, and it seems as though she gets treated like a mushroom (kept in the dark and occasionally fed shit) like the rest of us.


    Abducted by aliens
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • User avatar
    Chris
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 299
    Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:45 am
    Location: Wausau,WI USA

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Chris » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:34 pm

    ?
    Image
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 413
    Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:19 pm
    Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Metaladdict187 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:41 pm

    Ahhh one of my fave albums!!!!!!! :cheers:
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • User avatar
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 532
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil
    Contact:

    Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

    by Mr.Kito » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:49 pm

    Chris wrote:So in about 4 years we should be good to go?
    It's frustrating for sure. A good lesson on not booking early. But, I don't think anyone was forced into booking.
    If the line up is full and fine by cruise time, this whole slow announcement thing wont matter to me. Probably wont book early again. Might even spend that time/money else where. It is what it is. Can't do anything but wait....anything productive anyway.




    a good lesson, indeed
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
Post Reply 4744 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests