Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:13 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Things that I can assert from announcements this year:

- over 50% of announcements have occurred on either a Monday or a Friday.
    - only 2 have occurred between 7pm and midnight (Vancouver time)
    - almost 50% have occurred between 5pm and 7pm
    - zero announcements between midnight-midday

So basically given that it is almost 7PM and a Tuesday the chance of an announcement today is EXTREMELY low. and further to that the odds are low for any announcement tomorrow or the next day.

At least I'm getting my prediction mojo back.

Predict no announcement = guaranteed to be right!

Predicting again! No announcements today, no announcements tomorrow. :heavydrink:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:49 pm

Question.... are there any people who are OK with the way things are going for us cruisers out there? Let us know why.
    2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:37 am

are there going to be any kitchen salesmen on the cruise? feel i need a re-fit, maybe 1 band replaced for a kitchen seminar?
    if selling kitchens please contact me and give room number so i can contact you.
    will knock on your door every 2 hours 24/7
    please email me at ilovekitchens@donkeydong.com.fku
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:17 am

SwallowYourSun wrote:Question.... are there any people who are OK with the way things are going for us cruisers out there? Let us know why.

No I'm not satisfied with the current situation, because I still have doubts if we get a cruise or not. Here are few who firmly believes that everything works, but no one here knows beyond any doubt how the economic situation is at UMC. Is the boat now confirmed in Costa Maya?

If there is no cruise, then we must seek accommodations and still spend money for food etc. too. This could be expensive and I assume that if there are no cruise, we get no money back.

But I hope we all get a big surprise we talking about in 20 or 30 years.
    :bangers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:50 am

SwallowYourSun wrote:Question.... are there any people who are OK with the way things are going for us cruisers out there? Let us know why.

I'm perfectly okay with it. Why?
    1. I have bigger and better real life problems to deal with.
    2. Bitching and moaning about it won't do a bit of good for anyone. Some people (no names mentioned) sound like a bunch of fuckin' babies.
    3. January won't come any sooner.
    4. I'm going on the cruise to celebrate, not to be a pain and cause problems.
    5. I understand that Andy is busy.
    6. The lineup isn't that bad.

Count me in on the pact where we're not going to complain and whine onbroad about announcements or any of that shit. It's fucking un-metal any way you slice it. If you don't like waiting, or don't like the lineup, the cruise, Andy, whatever... don't go. Pure and simple.
    For the 98% of the rest of you, I'm looking forward to seeing you in just over a month! Are we there yet? :shred:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:06 am

No, not ok. Mostly because there are a lot of cruisers who would love to check out the new announcements and bands they're not familiar with and get their CDs and stuff. And the fact that the announcing of bands and that no-one from UMC answers any of the questions or concerns here on the forum anymore does make it seem like they're not even trying anymore. Sure, there's a lot to do to get an event like this ready, but I can't find any believable reason why any company would let their customers complain this much without bothering to address the issues.
    I'm not going to bitch about things on the cruise, no, but I will not recommend it to anyone after this. And I've learned my lesson on booking blindly (at least for any UMC event), so thanks for that.

Seems to me that us Europeans are bitching more about the lack of communication than the 'Murricans. Are we just used to being treated like actual paying customers and not like shit? I think the fact that we have a million festivals here might make the promoters to actually give a shit and not piss off their customers because of the competition.

The lineup is fairly irrelevant for me. 2012 had quite a lot of good bands, but 2011 and 2013 were pretty horrible. To me the problem is how unbelievably unprofessional UMC really can be. Just make one of the minions to spend an hour a day to address customer concerns and give at least some signs of life. A simple "We're working hard, but this time round it's been a struggle to finalize deals with bands. Things are moving forward, and we should be able to give you some announcements before the end of the week." would do wonders posted every now and then (well, not the exact same message every time, obviously). Just let us know everything is fine. We shouldn't have to call or email the company with our concerns. Hell, we shouldn't have concerns like this.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:56 am

Europeans are probably bitching more as it's costing them more money in total considering flights etc.
    Also there is the way European festivals are and we are used to having most of our bands announced very early.
    America is a bit more of a pain in the ass for sorting out bands playing and costs more too where flights are concerned.Ask any organisers for American metal festivals and they will back this up.

It's the last cruise on this ship.I'd imagine Andy has an ace up his sleeve as a thank you to everyone for the cruise over the last few years.I'd say he's hiding some fairly big announcments.

Also you can look at the way the announcments are in 2 ways.
    The first would be that some of the bands aren't 100% confirmed yet.Which could be for various possible future touring conflicts that bands could be trying to rearange.Or it could be just they don't have enough of the money yet to fully confirm some of the acts.

Then there's the other attitude that well he can announce bands whenver he feels like it because at the end of the day most people booked really early without many bands being announced fully known this announcment situation may go on like it has in the past.Anybody who booked early be it to get the cheapest cabins or to avoid paying for more expensive flights later on in the year can't really blame the organisers.They didn't tell you to book so early with no bands announced.you made that choice yourselves.
    This is how Andy does things.The more you bitch the more he'll do it to you.

Complaining won't change the way the announcments are done.The only way that can be changed is if people don't blindly book so early.If enough people did that then the sales would be worse over all and it would force the promoters hand announcing bands more frequently in order to get the revenue to finalise the bigger bookings ;)
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:14 am

The thing is.. complaining SHOULD change things...

we're the customers and the reason this cruise happened before and will happen again, we deserve to, at least, know why this is happening...

UMC should care about the customers, right?
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019, 2020- :(
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
    gietz
    Oiler

by gietz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:57 am

Metalwrath wrote:Europeans are probably bitching more as it's costing them more money in total considering flights etc.
    Also there is the way European festivals are and we are used to having most of our bands announced very early.
    America is a bit more of a pain in the ass for sorting out bands playing and costs more too where flights are concerned.Ask any organisers for American metal festivals and they will back this up.

It's the last cruise on this ship.I'd imagine Andy has an ace up his sleeve as a thank you to everyone for the cruise over the last few years.I'd say he's hiding some fairly big announcments.

The first would be that some of the bands aren't 100% confirmed yet.Which could be for various possible future touring conflicts that bands could be trying to rearange.Or it could be just they don't have enough of the money yet to fully confirm some of the acts.

Then there's the other attitude that well he can announce bands whenver he feels like it because at the end of the day most people booked really early without many bands being announced fully known this announcment situation may go on like it has in the past.Anybody who booked early be it to get the cheapest cabins or to avoid paying for more expensive flights later on in the year can't really blame the organisers.They didn't tell you to book so early with no bands announced.you made that choice yourselves.

Complaining won't change the way the announcments are done.The only way that can be changed is if people don't blindly book so early.If enough people did that then the sales would be worse over all and it would force the promoters hand announcing bands more frequently in order to get the revenue to finalise the bigger bookings ;)

This seems pretty accurate to me. I actually called up today to see what I could get from a personal call rather than a generic email response.

Seemed the guy on the other end of the phone (didn't grab his name due to loudness initially in the building I was in) was genuinely under the impression some pretty big announcements were on the way and that there will DEFINITELY be at least 40 bands. Anyone can really take that as they want, but I'm thinking might as well go with it and see what the produce in time for the cruise itself.
    First timer myself, but from what I've heard the UMC never disappoints with the cruise. Waited this long for a big lot of annoucements so I'm sure waiting a little longer won't hurt in the long run, as frustrating as it is

Just my 2 cents.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:21 am

Hope !?
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:52 am

gietz wrote:Seemed the guy on the other end of the phone (didn't grab his name due to loudness initially in the building I was in) was genuinely under the impression some pretty big announcements were on the way and that there will DEFINITELY be at least 40 bands. Anyone can really take that as they want, but I'm thinking might as well go with it and see what the produce in time for the cruise itself.
    First timer myself

Hi, what did he say to give you that impression??..
    wellcome as first timer... I assure you'll gonna've the time of your life :bangers:
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:54 am

Metalwrath wrote:Europeans are probably bitching more as it's costing them more money in total considering flights etc.

I fully agree with this.

Also, please, let's make an effort to keep the bitching within its own thread. Negativity on the forums is rising again. So, you know, let's try and be positive. If you feel treated like shit, just don't book blindly next year. From what I've seen, it's fairly easy to get a cheap-ish cabin late in the year.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:41 pm

X-Thor wrote:I fully agree with this.

Also, please, let's make an effort to keep the bitching within its own thread. Negativity on the forums is rising again. So, you know, let's try and be positive. If you feel treated like shit, just don't book blindly next year. From what I've seen, it's fairly easy to get a cheap-ish cabin late in the year.

Absolutely correct. Can still get a $966 private triple or a $1266 double, and several cheaper male/female singles.

Will be very interesting to see what is available this time next year :) I'm predicting even if announcements are done better, there will still be a lot of people waiting until very late before they decide whether to book or not.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:45 pm

cowboy71 wrote:At least I'm getting my prediction mojo back.

Predict no announcement = guaranteed to be right!

Predicting again! No announcements today, no announcements tomorrow. :heavydrink:

Right again! I AM ON FIRE :P

No announcement today, maybe (just maybe) an announcement tomorrow. Although I tend to think that if they have waited this long with still so much to announce, then they will probably wait for a special xmas announcement.

So if we don't get anything Friday, we will most likely not get anything until Tuesday.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Call me crazy but I could see a band a day starting January 1st happening...
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:14 pm

Stained Class wrote:Call me crazy but I could see a band a day starting January 1st happening...

YOU'RE CRAZY!!!

But....I can see that happening too.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:16 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Call me crazy but I could see a band a day starting January 1st happening...

YOU'RE CRAZY!!!

Thanks bro! :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:23 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:I fully agree with this.

Absolutely correct. Can still get a $966 private triple or a $1266 double, and several cheaper male/female singles.

Will be very interesting to see what is available this time next year :) I'm predicting even if announcements are done better, there will still be a lot of people waiting until very late before they decide whether to book or not.

Like every year...it seems as though there are plenty of cheap last-minute options....people trying to off-load unwanted spots & so-on. Further confirmation to my way thinking now for some time that last minute booking is the way to go when booking a UMC cruise, if at all....going forward. :beerwink:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:53 pm

I remember the dude that broke his leg or something and gave his cabin away for FREE on the last cruise,..
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:03 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I remember the dude that broke his leg or something and gave his cabin away for FREE on the last cruise,..

That's so sad :shock: I'd have collected a huge pile of autographs etc for him.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:04 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

YOU'RE CRAZY!!!

I seriously hope not, but I guess it's not as bad as it seems... Jan 1st is a mere twelve days away.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:25 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:I remember the dude that broke his leg or something and gave his cabin away for FREE on the last cruise,..

Yep, that was Steve (great guy) - he was in a motorcycle accident right before Barge - messed up his foot & ankle really bad - bad enough he couldn't travel. :( I know he didn't want to screw around with trying to sell his spot, so he just gave it away. There are at least a few other people that I know of who have given their spots away for free (or highly discounted) for a variety of reasons.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Looks like no Christmas presents for us this year.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Laura wrote:

Yep, that was Steve (great guy) - he was in a motorcycle accident right before Barge - messed up his foot & ankle really bad - bad enough he couldn't travel. :( I know he didn't want to screw around with trying to sell his spot, so he just gave it away. There are at least a few other people that I know of who have given their spots away for free (or highly discounted) for a variety of reasons.

Wow that is great !! Also great of that girl to get autographs for him. I hope something like a extreme discounted cabin becomes available again, I have some friends wanting to go but are on a limited income
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:49 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

YOU'RE CRAZY!!!

I'm shocked that some of you are still trying to find some logic or future pattern... keep dreaming, guys, it's free :D
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:58 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

YOU'RE CRAZY!!!

I'm shocked that some of you are still trying to find some logic or future pattern... keep dreaming, guys, it's free :D

that's pretty much it :pound:
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:07 pm

I don't think it'll be a band a day in January. It'll be more like 24 bands in two days (Jan 25th & 26th).
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:21 am

Chris wrote:I don't think it'll be a band a day in January. It'll be more like 24 bands in two days (Jan 25th & 26th).

Sounds more accurate
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:46 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Chris wrote:I don't think it'll be a band a day in January. It'll be more like 24 bands in two days (Jan 25th & 26th).

Sounds more accurate

Guääähh! I do not wanna whine and bitch so I kept out of the forum for a bit. I hope we´re about to get niiiice Xmas Announcements! Else I will start worrying for real. I have never been so stressed out for anything this "insignificant" in my entire life. It has bloody killed my stomech. I need: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :shred: :shred: :chug: :chug: :3drunks: :3drunks: :party: :party:
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:02 am

epartos wrote:I need: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

Easily fixed: http://www.nojesfabriken.se/livescen-na ... d-macabre/ :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:54 am

Memnoch wrote:
    epartos wrote:I need: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

Easily fixed: http://www.nojesfabriken.se/livescen-na ... d-macabre/ :beerwink:

General Surgery and Vomitory! Nice! That would be a nice fix! I have never heard God Macabre. Any good?
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:53 am

Yes. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:15 am

Ding. Prediction right again!

Even after someone at UMC told a person that called them to "watch Facebook today" (seriously - what a dick move) I still only periodically checked today as I did not expect any announcement.

So, nothing today, nothing tomorrow, nothing the next day, maybe something the following day.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:29 am

Big bag for Christmas !
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    gietz
    Oiler

by gietz » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:52 am

Captain Alex wrote:
    gietz wrote:Seemed the guy on the other end of the phone (didn't grab his name due to loudness initially in the building I was in) was genuinely under the impression some pretty big announcements were on the way and that there will DEFINITELY be at least 40 bands. Anyone can really take that as they want, but I'm thinking might as well go with it and see what the produce in time for the cruise itself.
    First timer myself

Hi, what did he say to give you that impression??..
    wellcome as first timer... I assure you'll gonna've the time of your life :bangers:

Wasn't anything overly specific that he said, like, he didn't give away anything, just seemed very very confident that news was coming etc etc. Seemed pretty legit to me
    And cheers mate! Absolutely pumped.

Also a little googling found this. Not sure if its posted previously or anything. But its promising at least, having seen people comment that there is no record of it on other port schedules
    http://www.cruisetimetables.com/frommiamiflorida-27jan2014.html
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:45 am

gietz wrote:Also a little googling found this. Not sure if its posted previously or anything. But its promising at least, having seen people comment that there is no record of it on other port schedules
    http://www.cruisetimetables.com/frommiamiflorida-27jan2014.html

Kind of missing Costa Maya there... :D
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:46 am

Interesting read, from MetalWrath above.
    Ya think the Europeans spend a lot to get to Miami !!
    Try coming from Australia!!!
    Those 4-5months of no news had me really worried.
    Do I book more hotels and places or just risk it and go for it?
    I had to beg to get time off work for this time of year as well.
    It's all been very stressful much to the amusement of organisers.

Thankfully, it's back on. It's half steam ahead at the moment.
    I know it'll be another amazing cruise. Even better than the last two - I am sure!!

GRAND MAGUS please!!

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:24 am

Seeing some optimism on here, and I'm actually liking it.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:45 am

Cardest wrote:
    GRAND MAGUS please!!

:boobs:

YEAAAAH :headbanger:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019, 2020- :(
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:18 am

No presents for Christmas?
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
Post Reply 4744 posts