Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

by DragonLordJones » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:26 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    What about B.O.C. (from Spectres)?

If I miss Godzilla and so many other classics being performed at night on the pool deck, I may have to embark on a legitimate career of evil :evil:

damn how'd I miss that one :oops: :oops: :lol:
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:24 am

Why does everybody think that Orchid will be announced? I hope they do get announced.. great band.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:26 pm

Warphine wrote:Why does everybody think that Orchid will be announced? I hope they do get announced.. great band.

Because an angel told me last week. :boobs: And I also placed a bet on Hell and Rhapsody of Fire. :beerhorns:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Are we gonna get an announcement tomorrow? Or will Andy make us wait until New Year's Eve?

I'm thinking/hoping we'll get something tomorrow, then a whole bunch of announcements New Year's Eve.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:04 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Are we gonna get an announcement tomorrow? Or will Andy make us wait until New Year's Eve?

I'm thinking/hoping we'll get something tomorrow, then a whole bunch of announcements New Year's Eve.

I think the fireworks hint that we won't get any til NYE.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:40 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Are we gonna get an announcement tomorrow? Or will Andy make us wait until New Year's Eve?

12:00 January 1st Vancouver time!!! Andy, give us a reason to celebrate!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:46 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

12:00 January 1st Vancouver time!!! Andy, give us a reason to celebrate!

Possibly a countdown of announcements, leading up to the big midnight 'Fireworks'.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:08 pm

Although, I'm sure Andy has something better to do on New Year's Eve than make announcements.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:13 pm

meshuggah wrote:Although, I'm sure Andy has something better to do on New Year's Eve than make announcements.

True, but its not rocket science to be able to automate something like a website or twitter update.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:37 pm

My prediction is there will be 5 more bands announced by the end of the year.

If not, then Jan for sure....
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:44 pm

... "Jan for sure" is quite a good guess. :roll:
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:49 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:Although, I'm sure Andy has something better to do on New Year's Eve than make announcements.

True, but its not rocket science to be able to automate something like a website or twitter update.

...or use one of his peons to take care of his "dirty business" while he's out having a good time!

YES, YOU ARE GOING TO WORK FOR ME ON NEW YEAR'S EVE! NO PARTY FOR YOU! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:52 pm

meshuggah wrote:...or use one of his peons ....:

That is assuming he has any left!!! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:54 pm

Madkill wrote:... "Jan for sure" is quite a good guess. :roll:

Thank you, I've always been kind of a psychic :D
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:05 pm

:lol: ... :headbanger:
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:41 pm

mgrock wrote:
    Warphine wrote:Why does everybody think that Orchid will be announced? I hope they do get announced.. great band.

Because an angel told me last week. :boobs: And I also placed a bet on Hell and Rhapsody of Fire. :beerhorns:

i just see dead people.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:43 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

...or use one of his peons to take care of his "dirty business" while he's out having a good time!

YES, YOU ARE GOING TO WORK FOR ME ON NEW YEAR'S EVE! NO PARTY FOR YOU! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

I would work for him. And for cheap
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Mindcrime
    Petty Officer

by Mindcrime » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:31 pm

I'm happy with the Vicious Rumors announcement. The other 3 sound like they could have been on Barge. Need a bit more variety- more singing (less barking and grunting) in upcoming announcements (and some bands I have heard of, repeats or not) to make me content. I agree, Exodus would be an excellent addition. I saw them last year and they were a lot of fun.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:03 am

I like it how Exodus is seen as a weenie band. As it should be. And no, we don't need them on the boat.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:06 am

Lol absolutely no way Haggard could have been on barge. There's lots of variety, you just might not think that if you group all bands with growling together haha. I agree though a couple of bands on the lighter side are needed right now.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:22 am

we are embarling on a mini barge.

Maybe those are cheaper bands
    metal4ever
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:15 am

People saying the cruise is like barge are either high as hell or mentally challenged. 70k has always been about diversity and if you don't like the line up then don't go. So many people attempting to ruin our good time with the Eeoyre complex. Am I the only one totally sick of whiners ?.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:18 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:People saying the cruise is like barge are either high as hell or mentally challenged. 70k has always been about diversity and if you don't like the line up then don't go. So many people attempting to ruin our good time with the Eeoyre complex. Am I the only one totally sick of whiners ?.

Dude I got sick of whining about whiners :lol: So I don't post about it much unless I have an actual counter argument other than "quit your bitching". Not just bands either, people in general complain too much. The weather, the state of the world, how much they hate people. I try to not focus on the negative.

But yeah, the number of bands I would consider "barge bands" (bands that would make the barge goers happy) on the lineup right now...5.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:29 am

i am not whinning, i am liking it. Most of the bands i listen to are melodic death....
    metal4ever
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:32 am

broegaard wrote:i am not whinning, i am liking it. Most of the bands i listen to are melodic death....

Ah. Well we weren't even really talking about you. There's a lot of people that are unhappy with the amount of extreme bands on here. I think people are just too picky :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:38 am

Why can't we all get along?
    I mean a lot of us are returners
    And I welcome the newbs!
    We will soon embark the greatest week of the year :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:40 am

Stained Class wrote:
    broegaard wrote:i am not whinning, i am liking it. Most of the bands i listen to are melodic death....

Ah. Well we weren't even really talking about you. There's a lot of people that are unhappy with the amount of extreme bands on here. I think people are just too picky :mrgreen:

i understand about people dont liking extreme bands...

You like growling vocals or not. There is no, ehhhhh I dont care. Power metal fans dont like harsh vocals...

WE LIKE TO COMPLAIN...Is our nature.... :bitch:

But you must agree that a balanced roster fills the boat!!!
    metal4ever
    Morgir
    Oiler

by Morgir » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:20 am

How's about everyone likes all forms of metal, we all get along, get on a giant boat and get massively hammered for a week together. Hmm, sounds good to me!

And FUCK YEAH Haggard. I played with them at Wacken this year and got to see them for the first time ever from side stage :smash:
    SYMPHONY X - SEPTIC FLESH - FINNTROLL - KEEP OF KALESSIN - BAL-SAGOTH - AEON - VADER - BARREN EARTH - ARCTURUS - KALMAH - DECAPITATED - MELECHESH - ***BORKNAGAR*** - ENSLAVED - EQUILIBRIUM - WINTERSUN - FINSTERFORST - BLIND GUARDIAN
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:24 am

Morgir wrote:How's about everyone likes all forms of metal, we all get along, get on a giant boat and get massively hammered for a week together. Hmm, sounds good to me!

This.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:26 am

To fill up the remaining cabins, maybe Andy can book Polyphonic Spree. They can play with Haggard and make some extremely Symphonic music!
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:23 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:People saying the cruise is like barge are either high as hell or mentally challenged. 70k has always been about diversity and if you don't like the line up then don't go. So many people attempting to ruin our good time with the Eeoyre complex. Am I the only one totally sick of whiners ?.

Personally, I like whiners better than people being disrespectful or rude, like you in two of your last four posts. I think you're contributing to create a worse atmosphere than whiners. Let's all chill out a little bit and my suggestion to anyone who doesn't like something they read here is: ignore it or reply politely. In less than a month we'll be having an unforgettable time and that's all that counts.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:28 am

Thanks Joey- I will take YOUR advice and just ignore them. :) I am a 5th time cruiser who has a good time on all the cruises. It's some of the newbies that whine up a storm that got to me. I will remain silent from now on and let them complain if they feel like it.

Second- I am not/was not trying to be rude, just point out the truth and facts :)

Cheers

S
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Come on, Andy - how about popping a MAGNUM of champagne for New Year's?

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:08 pm

I truly just wanna see some kick ass bands, and discover some new bands as well. As long as i know SOME of them, i am happy. I get more pissed about a band cancelling more than anything.

So no whinning from me.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:17 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    What about B.O.C. (from Spectres)?

If I miss Godzilla and so many other classics being performed at night on the pool deck, I may have to embark on a legitimate career of evil :evil:

damn how'd I miss that one :oops: :oops: :lol:

It's not metal at all but I just sat down to watch the Canada vs. Slovakia game I PVR'd while at work today and in the opening highlight montage, TSN used The Tragically Hip's 'Fireworks' as the background music. I wasn't going to mention this band/song since they're strictly rock but this coincidence just forced my hand :P
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    ttiger
    Crewman

by ttiger » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:34 pm

Moonspell and atrocity are touring wth leaves eyes in america, just saying :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... NcCZSlmFNA
    Within temptation, Deathstars, BABYMETAL, Draconian, Diablo Swing Orchestra, OOmph, Megahertz, Dimmu Borgir, Eisbreche, Pain, HEAVENWOOD, HIM, Dope Stars Inc., Ram-Zet, After Forever, The Birthday Massacre, The 69 eyes, Turmion Kätilöt
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:51 pm

well Andy has graced us with his presence twice already today and still no announcement ... such a tease :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:57 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:well Andy has graced us with his presence twice already today and still no announcement ... such a tease :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmmmm something is brewing....... I hope
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:58 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Thanks Joey- I will take YOUR advice and just ignore them. :) I am a 5th time cruiser who has a good time on all the cruises. It's some of the newbies that whine up a storm that got to me. I will remain silent from now on and let them complain if they feel like it.

Second- I am not/was not trying to be rude, just point out the truth and facts :)

Cheers

S

You were totally right though.... ;)
    www.metal-exposure.com
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:12 am

Gimme some more bands! It's NYE here already!
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
Post Reply 4744 posts