Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

Re: FIREWORKS!

by mfrap » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:11 am

I have no complaints with the new announcement whatsoever but I'm not surprised ppl do. In the heirarchy of bitchiest ppl, metalheads fall second only to bored house-wives :lol: :viking:
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:32 am

:lol:
    What good is it to have an opinion if you don't share it, vigorously?
  • Thiago
    Oiler

by Thiago » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:47 am

Chris wrote: I want Absu. It doesn't seem like they have shows until Feb. 8th.

Absu would kill some major ass! Missed them live in Brazil some time ago... :/

Nice announcement. Don't care for Bonfire, but if DTA manages to play the entire Human, and Cynic do the whole Focus album, it'd be like a long lost dream unexpectedly coming true!
    (Then put Morbid Angel on the boat doing the Convenant set to make it perfect!)
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:54 am

My complaints were strictly about the lack of communication from UMC, which created paranoia that the cruise would not happen and/or UMC would go bankrupt along with my $$.

The silence was deafening, and I wish Andy had behaved in a more professional manner by not ignoring our pleas for SOME information and keeping us a bit more in the loop. That being said, he puts on one hell of a party!

Now I can't wait to be onbroad this amazing super-concert!
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:18 am

meshuggah wrote:My complaints were strictly about the lack of communication from UMC, which created paranoia that the cruise would not happen and/or UMC would go bankrupt along with my $$.

The silence was deafening, and I wish Andy had behaved in a more professional manner by not ignoring our pleas for SOME information and keeping us a bit more in the loop. That being said, he puts on one hell of a party!

Now I can't wait to be onbroad this amazing super-concert!

:bangers:
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:22 am

Yeah, that part is kind of crap. A heads up shouldn't be hard. Unfortunately there isn't another thing like this (in my eyes), so it's not like I can just spend my money on that other metal cruise (with a line up I would like)...but ultimately I am paying for the cruise and entertainment...so long as that is full filled.
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:48 am

Personally the line-up of prog nation cruise is more suited to my tastes but I know I wouldnt have as much fun as I will with you all on 70k! :headbanger: :beerbang: :headbanger: :beerbang: :deathhorns:
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:25 am

Chris wrote::lol:

I agree 100%.
    Yet such opinions are not always welcome it seems.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:10 pm

STACH100 wrote:

I agree 100%.

70K has never promised what style of music would be booked. In fact, I would probably bitch if there were 34 power metal bands , but then again its not a power metal cruise. Its a heavy metal one. Genres aside. Also missing is Folk Metal (which I like) and only Finntroll are on broard right now. I understand the frustration from people that are coming from far away places and are disappointed in the line-up but who held a gun to their head and said BOOK NOW with only 7 bands confirmed, DO IT OR I PULL THE TRIGGER ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    broegaard wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:I'm pretty sure the only person on the forum that's heard of Bonfire is Dragonlord Jones :lol:

I am a 80s boy...I knew the band. :lol:

Ah, maybe just me then. I missed the 80s so I don't remember bands like that.

I was in my 20s in the 80s, and I never heard of Bonfire....then or since...well, until yesterday's announcement. On a related note, I'd never heard of Pretty Maids & really enjoyed them on 70K 2012. :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:25 pm

Happy 27th Birthday to Teemu Mäntysaari of Wintersun!

an announcement of Wintersun for his birthday ANDY, how about it? :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:27 pm

No offense Laura but were you a metal head back in the 80´s?

Asking because I can´t imagine anyone not knowing about Future World by P.Maids.

Maybe is just me. I was a avid tape trader back then...
    metal4ever
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:33 pm

mfrap wrote:Personally the line-up of prog nation cruise is more suited to my tastes but I know I wouldnt have as much fun as I will with you all on 70k! :headbanger: :beerbang: :headbanger: :beerbang: :deathhorns:

I will be sure to give a full review of the Prog Nation cruise when I get back. As I wrote on that thread - there is no doubt in my mind that it will be an older crowd overall on average (which is fine with me since I'm one of 'em....I've already had some great online conversations with fellow old-school 70s prog rock fans - re Yes, Rush, ELP, Genesis, & others) :P ). I believe the cruise will be more mellow overall (primarily because much of the music simply doesn't lend itself to uber crazy drunken headbanging), which again is fine with me, as my *primary* focus on this cruise will be tuning in 1000% to the music in an ultimate nerdy music fan kinda way. :P As I've said elsewhere, it is as much of a truly *perfect*, dream line-up for me and my love progressive rock/metal...as Norway's Hole in the Sky was *perfect* for my love of black metal.
    Last edited by Laura on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:39 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:

I agree 100%.

70K has never promised what style of music would be booked. In fact, I would probably bitch if there were 34 power metal bands , but then again its not a power metal cruise. Its a heavy metal one. Genres aside. Also missing is Folk Metal (which I like) and only Finntroll are on broard right now. I understand the frustration from people that are coming from far away places and are disappointed in the line-up but who held a gun to their head and said BOOK NOW with only 7 bands confirmed, DO IT OR I PULL THE TRIGGER ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

agreed.

I dont like much the line up but if by any chance 2015 the 7 first announcements are: Wolfheart, Falconer, Running Wild, Royal Hunt, Death Deals,Triosphere and Persefone. I´m in :headbanger: :headbanger:

But I dont have the intention to book early if the first bands are in my bucket list
    metal4ever
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:41 pm

broegaard wrote:No offense Laura but were you a metal head back in the 80´s?

Asking because I can´t imagine anyone not knowing about Future World by P.Maids.

Maybe is just me. I was a avid tape trader back then...

Nope! My primary musical interests in that decade were New Wave, punk, post-punk, electronica, synth-pop, goth rock, industrial, with some early-era rap thrown in. Still listened to & saw some of my 70s era "classic rock" acts in the 80s, but not as much as I had as a kid & teenager (there was just too much awesome *new* music that was emerging & solidifying in that decade - loved it all). These days, I listen to a little bit of everything from the various decades of my life, but also spend a great deal of time listening to brand new music from many different genres, as well as catching up with many bands I "missed" or wasn't aware of in their heyday.
    Last edited by Laura on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Millertime
    Oiler

by Millertime » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:43 pm

Currently listening to the Fireworks full album, and you aren't gonna be able to wipe the smile off of my face during that/those sets. I'm a sucker for those lesser known 80s bands. A pool set during the day would be a perfect party for me! If that happens, keep an eye out for the red leather Miller Time jacket, likely with multiple beers in hand...
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:54 pm

So I'm just throwing this out there. I'm really happy with the lineup myself but it's true that we are lacking in power metal. This band is really really good and American and not very big, so I imagine they'd be pretty easy to book. If Andy reads this maybe you'll consider them :mrgreen: Armory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5t-r7v-qIk
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Stained Class wrote:So I'm just throwing this out there. I'm really happy with the lineup myself but it's true that we are lacking in power metal. This band is really really good and American and not very big, so I imagine they'd be pretty easy to book. If Andy reads this maybe you'll consider them :mrgreen: Armory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5t-r7v-qIk

Armory is EXCELENT
    metal4ever
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:52 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:

I agree 100%.

yup, more folk metal would be nice too... diversity is nice!! I like death metal, thrash, but also gothic, prog, folk etc.
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:41 pm

I like this batch of announcements better than the last couple. I'll be catching at least one set of each band.

I did'nt know Bonfire was even around anymore. They were never very popular in the states.
    If they're booking underground 80's hair metal get Helix! :headbanger:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:42 pm

For those complaining about the unbalanced nature of the lineup, I've done an analysis (yes I have too much time on my hands - I'm on holidays!!)

I've generalised a lot in places, but it gives a general idea. Basically it is fair to say that Thrash and Power Metal fans are definitely being short changed this year.

Genre - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014
    Death - 3 - 6 - 4 - 5
    Black - 2 - 3 - 2 - 1
    Doom - 2 - 3 - 1 - 2
    Thrash - 13 - 9 - 8 - 5
    Melodeath - 5 - 4 - 2 - 4
    Power - 6 - 6 - 6 - 3
    Folk - 4 - 4 - 7 - 3
    Hard Rock/Heavy Metal - 4 - 3 - 8 - 3
    Symphonic - 1 - 3 - 3 - 2
    Industrial - 1 - 0 - 0 - 1
    Pirate - 1 - 1 - 0 - 0
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:43 pm

Oh yeah Helix would be great!!!
    And Cowboy so far everyone is being shortchanged.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Looking just at the power metal:
    2011 - Blind Guardian, Circle II Circle, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, Sabaton, Sonata Arctica
    2012 - Edguy, Gravedigger, Hammerfall, Kamelot, Stratovarius, Vicious Rumors
    2013 - Angra, Dragonforce, Evergrey, Helloween, Sabaton, Steel Engraved

2014 - Rising Storm, Symphony X, Vicious Rumors

Previous years, as a power metal fan I would deem all those bands bar Vicious Rumors and Steel Engraved as giants of the genre. So 5 or 6 'top tier' power metal bands each year.

This year we have 1 - Symphony X - who are not even a purely power-metal band IMNSHO.

Really hoping we get at least 2 or 3 good ones in the remaining 11 or 12 :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:50 pm

STACH100 wrote:Oh yeah Helix would be great!!!
    And Cowboy so far everyone is being shortchanged.

HAHAHAHAA - yeah no disagreement there :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:18 pm

cowboy71 wrote:So what now? Thoughts?

Is he saving the best 'til last? Not something he has done in previous years - we've always got one or two gems but the last 10 or so announcements last year and the year before were predominantly 'unknowns'.

11, maybe 12 to go - will we get a steady stream over the next 20 days? Or, one or two more then a 'dump' of the rest on the final weekend?

I would hope we at LEAST get a 'kamelot-equivalent' to make up for them no longer being on broad.

Rhapsody of Fire and/or Blind Guardian would be nice.

I am with you brother!!!!! :cheers:
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:11 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Looking just at the power metal:
    2011 - Blind Guardian, Circle II Circle, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, Sabaton, Sonata Arctica
    2012 - Edguy, Gravedigger, Hammerfall, Kamelot, Stratovarius, Vicious Rumors
    2013 - Angra, Dragonforce, Evergrey, Helloween, Sabaton, Steel Engraved

2014 - Rising Storm, Symphony X, Vicious Rumors

Previous years, as a power metal fan I would deem all those bands bar Vicious Rumors and Steel Engraved as giants of the genre. So 5 or 6 'top tier' power metal bands each year.

This year we have 1 - Symphony X - who are not even a purely power-metal band IMNSHO.

Really hoping we get at least 2 or 3 good ones in the remaining 11 or 12 :)

crossing my fingers

i heard Almah really wants to be there, we'll wait
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:32 pm

cowboy71 wrote:For those complaining about the unbalanced nature of the lineup, I've done an analysis (yes I have too much time on my hands - I'm on holidays!!)

I've generalised a lot in places, but it gives a general idea. Basically it is fair to say that Thrash and Power Metal fans are definitely being short changed this year.

Death - 3 - 6 - 4 - 5
    Black - 2 - 3 - 2 - 1
    Doom - 2 - 3 - 1 - 2
    Thrash - 13 - 9 - 8 - 5
    Power - 6 - 6 - 6 - 3
    Folk - 4 - 4 - 7 - 3
    Pirate - 1 - 1 - 0 - 0

Looking at these numbers I think the spread is excellent, probably just need a big name in a couple of genres (power) and a couple of Symphonic bands thats it. if we get a good spread accross the remaining 11 or 12, I won't be complaining.
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:38 pm

I definitely do not put GraveDigger in the powermetal genre.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:41 pm

As a fan of the genre I would definitely like another symphonic - certainly not a given though, as we only had 1 (epica) in 2011 and we've already got 2 (leaves' eyes and xandria) on 2014.

Of the remaining 12, if we got 4 big name power metal, 4 thrash, maybe 1 or 2 folk, 1 black, and 1 Symphonic and maybe another general hard rock/heavy metal band ....I would hope everyone would be happy. I know I would be :D

That is a LOT to wish for though.
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote:As a fan of the genre I would definitely like another symphonic - certainly not a given though, as we only had 1 (epica) in 2011 and we've already got 2 (leaves' eyes and xandria) on 2014.

Of the remaining 12, if we got 4 big name power metal, 4 thrash, maybe 1 or 2 folk, 1 black, and 1 Symphonic I would hope everyone would be happy. I know I would be :D

That would totally make sense and I'd be thrilled too, DO IT ANDY! :headbanger:
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:12 pm

A different request... one for a band already booked... hey Overkill, please play the full "Horrorscope" album as one of your sets... thanks.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:13 pm

cowboy71 wrote:As a fan of the genre I would definitely like another symphonic - certainly not a given though, as we only had 1 (epica) in 2011 and we've already got 2 (leaves' eyes and xandria) on 2014.

Of the remaining 12, if we got 4 big name power metal, 4 thrash, maybe 1 or 2 folk, 1 black, and 1 Symphonic and maybe another general hard rock/heavy metal band ....I would hope everyone would be happy. I know I would be :D

Just one or two big power/folk announcements would tip the balance enough for me...

And, yeah, some thrash metal would be nice, just to round everything off. :mrgreen:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:16 pm

Lala wrote:Cynic - what is that? What has this music got to do with metal? hurts my ears......

I've officially seen everything on this board.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Madkill wrote:
    Lala wrote:Cynic - what is that? What has this music got to do with metal? hurts my ears......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:34 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    Madkill wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:53 pm

Given how predictable the timing of announcements has been lately (the last ten have been Monday, Friday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Friday, Wednesday, Friday, Friday, Wednesday!) I'm hoping for another announcement Friday.

Last year the 34th band was adding on 9th January then we had silence until the final few days though....

So my call? We'll get a couple more over the coming week, then the remainder in the final few days.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:39 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Given how predictable the timing of announcements has been lately (the last ten have been Monday, Friday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Friday, Wednesday, Friday, Friday, Wednesday!) I'm hoping for another announcement Friday.

Last year the 34th band was adding on 9th January then we had silence until the final few days though....

So my call? We'll get a couple more over the coming week, then the remainder in the final few days.

I thought these were the final few days! :lol: :lol:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:59 pm

I would vote for one less power metal and one less thrash and 2 more folk...

I would like some weird avant-garde metal like unexpect... even better if it was a band that I dont know yet, i like those things...
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:55 pm

I'll take Morgana Lefay for my power metal slot :metalguy:
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:27 pm

cowboy71 wrote:For those complaining about the unbalanced nature of the lineup, I've done an analysis (yes I have too much time on my hands - I'm on holidays!!)

Death - 3 - 6 - 4 - 5
    Black - 2 - 3 - 2 - 1
    Doom - 2 - 3 - 1 - 2
    Thrash - 13 - 9 - 8 - 5
    Power - 6 - 6 - 6 - 3
    Folk - 4 - 4 - 7 - 3
    Pirate - 1 - 1 - 0 - 0

5 Death this year ??? I count only 2 And 8 Thrash !
Post Reply 4744 posts