I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: A Journey To Earthsea!

by last_candle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:57 pm

viathyn wrote:Ne Obliviscaris and Be'lakor and Chaos Divine and Voyager and Karnivool plz.

I'd love to see Voyager, but they are still working on their new album...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:21 pm

Speaking of nations-of-origin, we still have zero bands on this cruise from Canada.

Every UMC cruise (including BTH) has had at least one Canadian band, so I would be shocked if we don't get one of the remaining bands being from Canadia.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:23 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Speaking of nations-of-origin, we still have zero bands on this cruise from Canada.

Every UMC cruise (including BTH) has had at least one Canadian band, so I would be shocked if we don't get one of the remaining bands being from Canadia.

Beyond Creation, Martyr, Striker or Sacrifice would be fucking sweet :deathhorns:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:IF they play the closest reasonable city (Seattle) it's a 14 hour drive on a good day from Calgary :oops:

Worth it! Plus, you could be in Vancouver by then

Yeah if it's later in the year and I'm out there it'll be easy for me :mrgreen:

It would be later in the year, yes
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Sweet. Do you know if they're headlining?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Stained Class wrote:Sweet. Do you know if they're headlining?

They said that is unlikely, but have no dates or other bands lined up yet (nothing they're saying anyway)
    They'll be touring in support of the new album, and I'm hoping Season Of Mist has a sweet tour lined up... Ideally I'd love to see them support a band like Borknagar
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:32 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Sweet. Do you know if they're headlining?

They said that is unlikely, but have no dates or other bands lined up yet (nothing they're saying anyway)
    They'll be touring in support of the new album, and I'm hoping Season Of Mist has a sweet tour lined up... Ideally I'd love to see them support a band like Borknagar

There's some fucking good bands on that label.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:32 pm

Is there no way to delete double posts? oh well.
    Last edited by Stained Class on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:35 pm

Solstafir hinted at a U.S. tour recently, I believe... I would not be surprised to see them with Ne Obliviscaris

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Denied!

Skipper was here 10 minutes ago. No announcingment :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

One More Circle!

by Andy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Many of our veteran cruisers will remember the BATHORY tribute shows performed by TWILIGHT OF THE GODS on the inaugural 70000TONS OF METAL. Guess what, they are back! But this time around they will play their own material for one show and will once again pay tribute to BATHORY during their second set onbroad The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: One More Circle!

by STACH100 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Too many great bands on the first cruise, did not see this band!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Fairly good, albeit expected, announcement.

I'll probably check out a set, just not sure which one.
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:47 pm

Ecliptica wrote:Fairly good, albeit expected, announcement.

Take a look, you have my 2012 cabin! It could be haunted by THRASH!!!!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:56 pm

STACH100 wrote:

Aaaaahahahaha, amazing!!

I hope it is. It'd probably help me enjoy the bands this year a bit more.

I've been listening to the last.fm 70000 Tons radio all day. Septicflesh isn't too bad. From the little I've heard, Cynic could be interesting (similar to Unexpect, though I don't think anyone will ever top them live). I could use some thrash recommendations.
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:03 pm

Ecliptica wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:

Aaaaahahahaha, amazing!!

I hope it is. It'd probably help me enjoy the bands this year a bit more.

I've been listening to the last.fm 70000 Tons radio all day. Septicflesh isn't too bad. From the little I've heard, Cynic could be interesting (similar to Unexpect, though I don't think anyone will ever top them live). I could use some thrash recommendations.

Recommendations? Look at the paintings I did for this cruise!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:17 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... Not unhappy.

MOONSPELL!!!!!
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:35 pm

Why "one more circle"?

Is that somehow related to TotG?

Or is it a clue?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:36 pm

Andy wrote:Many of our veteran cruisers will remember the BATHORY tribute shows performed by TWILIGHT OF THE GODS on the inaugural 70000TONS OF METAL. Guess what, they are back! But this time around they will play their own material for one show and will once again pay tribute to BATHORY during their second set onbroad The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Both sets were fucking amazing on the first cruise!! Can't wait to see them again! :headbanger:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:38 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Why "one more circle"?

Is that somehow related to TotG?

Or is it a clue?

Was wondering that. Circle II Circle maybe?
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:42 pm

Amorphis newest CD is "circle"
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:43 pm

The moon is circular....
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Circle II Circle or Amorphis would be my guess.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:58 pm

The Earth is circular. I've got it! It's gonna be a band from Earth!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Amorphis please
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Stained Class wrote:The Earth is circular. I've got it! It's gonna be a band from Earth!

So GWAR is out??
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Cav
    Wiper

by Cav » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:09 pm

mfrap wrote:The Portal band from Australia, are they from Brisbane by chance? And do they dress in suits while playing like 50's gangsters and refer to themselves as "catastrophic death metal"? If so I totally ran in to those guys in Munich back in the day and went on a mega 2-day bender with them. :death: :death: :cheers: :cheers:

That's them.
  • Cav
    Wiper

by Cav » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Stained Class wrote:Actually Ne Obliviscaris is done recording, they sent it off for mixing and mastering according to their facebook.

Oh well, playing Australia day gig in MEL anyway, which makes it a physical impossibility to board the boat.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Please be Amorphis and not a perfect circle
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:The Earth is circular. I've got it! It's gonna be a band from Earth!

So GWAR is out??

Yep, and Hypocrisy too I guess...
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Azazel101 wrote:Please be Amorphis and not a perfect circle

Agreed bro!!! :cheers:
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:39 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Metaladdict187 wrote:

So GWAR is out??

Hypocrisy likes aliens,but are humans. I hope. I want hypocrisy.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:
    Metaladdict187 wrote:
    So GWAR is out??

Hypocrisy likes aliens,but are humans. I hope. I want hypocrisy.

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Circle II Circle or Amorphis would be my guess.

OMG I'd kill to have Amorphis onbroad again!!!
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:47 pm

scyll wrote:

I would do terrible things to see Amorphis again.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:00 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:
    scyll wrote:

I would do terrible things to see Amorphis again.

Amorphis.. its gotta be Amorphis!!!! :death:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 pm

7 days to go! How do we compare now?

2011 - 42 bands announced
    2012 - 38 bands announced
    2013 - 34 bands announced
    2014 - 37 bands announced

So we are now in a much better situation compared to last year - I am actually beginning to think I may know the full lineup before I fly out in 3 days times!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:29 pm

And I'm predicting AMORPHIS for the Circle clue.

When Swallow the Sun were added the comment "How many more Finns will go to the Caribbean next January? " was in the announcement - haven't had a single band from Finland since.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:44 pm

I'm predicting Exodus.

They were the first band to play on the first cruise and now it's going to come full-circle and they'll be the last band to play (in the Chorus Line) on this cruise.
Post Reply 4744 posts