Post Reply 4923 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
  • User avatar
    Speedy
    Ensign
    Posts: 1394
    Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:51 am
    Location: Trondheim, Norway

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by Speedy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:26 pm

    I miss my awesome cruise family :cry:
    Thank you guys for making this such an AWESOME trip :bangers: :givebeer: :dreams: :gulp: :stagger: :chug: :3drunks: :heavydrink: :belly: :smash: :shots: :pound: :cheers: :whisky: :beerhorns: :party: :boobs: :wank: :bangers: :beerbang:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

    International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • gnoff_the_creep
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2791
    Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:55 pm
    Location: Sweden
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by gnoff_the_creep » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:12 am

    So delayed leaving Miami, missed my connecting flight to Paris in Atlanta.
    Now in Amsterdam with about 4 hours to kill until my flight to Gothenburg.
    A long day indeed.
  • User avatar
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 402
    Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:28 am
    Location: Inner Sunset, CA
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by Cardest » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:18 am

    Heya

    Greetings from San Juan, Puerto Rico!
    We decided to come over and see Dark Tranquility last night
    Image
    The flight was half empty from Ft Lauderdale to here. But a few cruisers
    were on board. Keeping the spirit of the cruise going!

    Feeling totally smashed. 11hrs of sleep last night.
    Everyone was saying that the next cruise will be 160000 tons of metal
    and a new, bigger ship! 60 bands!

    Hopefully, we get some news SOOOOON!

    Cya yesterday
    Cardestio

    I am the Bra Destroyer
  • User avatar
    little wing
    Wiper
    Posts: 6
    Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:42 am
    Location: Berlin, Germany

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by little wing » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:10 am

    We flight yesterday MIA-SJU with AA1613 and DT in the airplane :-)
    Spirit of the criuise will go on!!!
    Now we need some relaxing time and spend 10 days roundtrip on this beatiful island of puerto rico.
    We love you and hope to see you all next year!
    12 - 13 - 14 - 15 ...
  • User avatar
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2230
    Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:33 pm
    Location: Mayville, Wisconsin

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by DragonLordJones » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:04 am

    Thank You everyone for another awesome cruise (sad that it is already over). a big THANK YOU to Andy, UMC crew, the Royal Caribbean Crew and all who helped pull off the 2014 cruise.

    Can't wait for the next one (BARGE Rumor 2014?) depending when - Halloween cruise maybe? or the next 70k ............ Hope to see you all there ! :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
  • gnoff_the_creep
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2791
    Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:55 pm
    Location: Sweden
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by gnoff_the_creep » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:58 am

    On a bus home finally, been a long day now.
    Really looking forward to shower, food and sleep!
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 386
    Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:01 pm

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by broegaard » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:30 am

    Still travelling home
    i thik i got 49 shows. Slept at 5.15 , 3.30, 1.45 and 3.45

    as dar as i know there Will Be 2 barges at The old boat
    metal4ever
  • User avatar
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1761
    Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am
    Location: Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by Azazel101 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:26 am

    broegaard wrote:Still travelling home
    i thik i got 49 shows. Slept at 5.15 , 3.30, 1.45 and 3.45

    as far as i know there Will Be 2 barges at The old boat

    I hope you are correct :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by Stained Class » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:09 pm

    I love you guys.

    For me the magic of the cruise itself isn't what it used to be. I used to be so excited to be on a boat/somewhere warm but having done it so many times it doesn't excite me the same way. Seeing my best friends for the first time in a year (multiple years for some) certainly has not lost it's magic though and I look forward more than anything to seeing you all again :wank:
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    Warphine
    Ensign
    Posts: 1351
    Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:19 pm
    Location: Orlando, FL

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by Warphine » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:47 pm

    I had a blast seeing my old friends and meeting new cool people! The bands were ripping this year too, super awesome cruise!

    Also, regarding the Barge I spoke to Andy briefly who said:

    "The Barge isn't dead. We just need to find a new time frame and maybe a new ocean."

    I really hope they don't find a new ocean for BTH!

    The rumors I heard for 70K are particularly exciting so hopefully they pan out.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

    Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

    Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by Stained Class » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:59 pm

    Did anyone film Andy's speech?
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 6825
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:37 pm

    Stained Class wrote:Did anyone film Andy's speech?

    I would have if I was there. Fucking combination of fucking smoke machine and strobe lights in Spectrum gave me a migraine and I had to go straight to bed after Freedom Call :(

    Freedom Call was the absolute icing on the cake for the cruise though - perfect ending.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by Stained Class » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:52 pm

    Stained Class wrote:Did anyone film Andy's speech?

    Found it. I guess he revealed a lot more in the press conference.
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 215
    Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:08 am
    Location: Austin, TX

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by rootleaf » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:43 pm

    Warphine wrote:I had a blast seeing my old friends and meeting new cool people! The bands were ripping this year too, super awesome cruise!

    Also, regarding the Barge I spoke to Andy briefly who said:

    "The Barge isn't dead. We just need to find a new time frame and maybe a new ocean."

    I really hope they don't find a new ocean for BTH!

    The rumors I heard for 70K are particularly exciting so hopefully they pan out.


    Because of hurricane season you have to move oceans to move the dates. We have discussed to death how bad a timing it was. Maybe leaving from San Diego or something in Cali.
  • User avatar
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 520
    Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 am
    Location: Switzerland
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by taketheday » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:48 am

    Just back home after a fabulous cruise :cheers: Even if I didn't like as much band as the last year, I really enjoyed with a lot of them. Thanks for the friendship of a lot of you and for the beers :cheers: I really enjoyed to chat with several of you and I was finally able to do all the cruise without to be sick, so, I didn't go to bed the last night :D Already looking forward for the next year to see all of you and to do some other great shows :wank:

    2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624


    http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 386
    Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:01 pm

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by broegaard » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:21 am

    taketheday wrote:Just back home after a fabulous cruise :cheers: Even if I didn't like as much band as the last year, I really enjoyed with a lot of them. Thanks for the friendship of a lot of you and for the beers :cheers: I really enjoyed to chat with several of you and I was finally able to do all the cruise without to be sick, so, I didn't go to bed the last night :D Already looking forward for the next year to see all of you and to do some other great shows :wank:



    great time. Did not introduced myself to anyone(I am just an unti-social guy :headbanger: :headbanger: ) and socializing means l miss a show..heheheehe

    Maybe next year but I am in the team of: Wait at least 15/20 bands to decide....
    metal4ever
  • User avatar
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 520
    Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 am
    Location: Switzerland
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by taketheday » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:10 am

    broegaard wrote:

    great time. Did not introduced myself to anyone(I am just an unti-social guy :headbanger: :headbanger: ) and socializing means l miss a show..heheheehe

    Maybe next year but I am in the team of: Wait at least 15/20 bands to decide....


    I will be there the next year, for sure, but wont to book before July or August. As I'm going to Finland somewhere between May and July (don't know when exactly), I have to save my money for this holiday first, then the next year cruise. But I will be happy to meet you and some other ones, of course :cheers:

    2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624


    http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
  • User avatar
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 529
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by Mr.Kito » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:21 pm

    THANKS EVERYONE!!!

    IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

    A Perfect journey with perfect people and perfect music!!

    My 2nd UMC cruise... and I know its not the last!! See you all in 2015!!!

    If any cruise fellow wants to add me, here's my facebook https://www.facebook.com/kito.vallim

    post-cruise depression already!! See you guys SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • User avatar
    onenight
    Midshipman
    Posts: 821
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:11 pm
    Location: Indiana

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by onenight » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:02 pm

    Had a flat tire on my drive home from Chicago airport about a mile from my home, in freezing cold snowy Indiana. Not a good way to end a perfect week. I want to go back to Miami where it's warm.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • meshuggah
    Ensign
    Posts: 1196
    Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm
    Location: New York, NY
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by meshuggah » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:08 pm

    Against my preference, my body (and wife) insisted we go to sleep after Septic Flesh on Thursday, so we missed Andy's speech. Did anyone video it and post the video? ...or can someone give a summary...especially as to the reasons for the 6 months of silence.
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 6825
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:32 pm

    meshuggah wrote:Against my preference, my body (and wife) insisted we go to sleep after Septic Flesh on Thursday, so we missed Andy's speech. Did anyone video it and post the video? ...or can someone give a summary...especially as to the reasons for the 6 months of silence.

    Someone definitely got it - I believe he didn't really offer up much insight into the silence, just promised things would be better next time.

    Here you go - found it!!

    http://youtu.be/ILOEkXCpchQ
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • meshuggah
    Ensign
    Posts: 1196
    Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm
    Location: New York, NY
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by meshuggah » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:34 pm

    Thanks for the link. So January 22-26, 2015 is Thursday-Monday. Fine with me...mid-week Miami hotel rooms might be a bit less expensive! Looking forward to having announcements happen....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 6825
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:39 pm

    meshuggah wrote:Thanks for the link. So January 22-26, 2015 is Thursday-Monday. Fine with me...mid-week Miami hotel rooms might be a bit less expensive! Looking forward to having announcements happen....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

    The other details that were revealed at the press conference for those that never heard:

    New ship - Liberty of the Seas
    New departure port - Fort Lauderdale
    More tickets - 3000 (will still start at $666, but there will be more cabins in the more expensive categories)
    More bands - 60
    More stages - either 4 or 5
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21172
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by mooyagi » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:57 pm

    cowboy71 wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:Thanks for the link. So January 22-26, 2015 is Thursday-Monday. Fine with me...mid-week Miami hotel rooms might be a bit less expensive! Looking forward to having announcements happen....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

    The other details that were revealed at the press conference for those that never heard:

    New ship - Liberty of the Seas
    New departure port - Fort Lauderdale
    More tickets - 3000 (will still start at $666, but there will be more cabins in the more expensive categories)
    More bands - 60
    More stages - either 4 or 5


    Hard enough to find time with 40 bands. Yikes. New ship looks very nice. Major upgrade from the majesty. Shame the ice skating rink will most likely be covered up. Hooray for no more miami! Hopefully ft lauderdale is cheaper. I like the airport better at least.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • meshuggah
    Ensign
    Posts: 1196
    Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm
    Location: New York, NY
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by meshuggah » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:10 pm

    Maybe shorter sets so there will be a possibility to see most bands? Not ideal, but it could become frustrating having to miss some favorite bands.
  • NuuX
    Ensign
    Posts: 1150
    Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:16 am
    Location: Slovenia

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by NuuX » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:17 am

    I can summon up my trip in three parts. First part (TheVacation) was a 9 day road trip around Florida. We did 1100 miles and ended up in South Beach hostel where I got a parking ticket for parking against traffic. I was gone for 5 minutes while I jumped to the front desk to pick up the paper that allows me to park in the residential area around the hostel :D

    Second part (The Vacation) was a cruise where I saw a lot of awesome shows (particulary first OverKill set, both Vicious Rumours, first Death Angel set, to some extent first Gloryhammer set). Also we parked ourselves in the first bar in Costa Maya where we had (supposedly) large Sol that was most likely watered down and it cost $14.50 each. Was so glad when I got back onbroad and was able to throw my anchor down in Viking Crown Lounge again.

    Last part was the long way home were we got stuck at Frankfurt for a few hours since the airport in Graz was frozen due to ice rain. Had to connect to Vienna and then our ride picked us up there. And now I am here in a snowy, clod home, needed a vacation from The Vacation from TheVacation.

    PS: I need to work on my people skills. Third cruise and I still haven't met any forumites (except Shoreslayer on the first cruise) :oops: :oops:
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • User avatar
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 520
    Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 am
    Location: Switzerland
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by taketheday » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:20 am

    cowboy71 wrote:The other details that were revealed at the press conference for those that never heard:

    New ship - Liberty of the Seas
    New departure port - Fort Lauderdale
    More tickets - 3000 (will still start at $666, but there will be more cabins in the more expensive categories)
    More bands - 60
    More stages - either 4 or 5


    The Liberty of the Seas looks quite great, lets hope I will be able to book a cabin for the disabled people because this year it was a nightmare to find a solution to go in the cabin's bathroom cause of the step too high :roll: There was no problem the last year, but this year I had to find a solution by myself :bitch: Fort Lauderdale may be great too, I will check more about hotels. 3000 tickets, well, lets hope that will work, but I think it will, if no more metalhead skip the next year's cruise cause of the difficulties about the whole announcements and others for this year :roll:

    60 bands on 4 or 5 stages, not totally sure that we would be able to see the 2 sets of every band we would like to see as a lot of them would be in same time than another ones. Plus, if the distance to walk between 2 stages is not at the same area as on the Majesty, that could be more tiring for me and for the people who have difficulties to walk on some long distance :oops: Well, wait and see!

    2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624


    http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
  • Metalwrath

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by Metalwrath » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:42 am

    The 4-5 stages would be to accomodate 60 bands playing 2 sets and not result in their stage times being cut short.
    This however will deffintly lead to a lot of clashes with bands playing.They'd be better just sticking to 40 bands.
    When you start useing that many stages it just becomes a mess.
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by Disaster Area » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:48 am

    Metalwrath wrote:... that many stages it just becomes a mess.



    what would 70K be without Piller biting off a bit more than he can chew..?
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 386
    Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:01 pm

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by broegaard » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:23 pm

    will they change the name of the Festival?
    metal4ever
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by Stained Class » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:25 pm

    broegaard wrote:will they change the name of the Festival?

    Apparently no :?
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 386
    Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:01 pm

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by broegaard » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:25 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:The 4-5 stages would be to accomodate 60 bands playing 2 sets and not result in their stage times being cut short.
    This however will deffintly lead to a lot of clashes with bands playing.They'd be better just sticking to 40 bands.
    When you start useing that many stages it just becomes a mess.



    I dont mind more bands and more stages unless the quality of the bands are compromised just to have more bands
    metal4ever
  • User avatar
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 529
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by Mr.Kito » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:27 pm

    broegaard wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:The 4-5 stages would be to accomodate 60 bands playing 2 sets and not result in their stage times being cut short.
    This however will deffintly lead to a lot of clashes with bands playing.They'd be better just sticking to 40 bands.
    When you start useing that many stages it just becomes a mess.



    I dont mind more bands and more stages unless the quality of the bands are compromised just to have more bands


    yeah, but they could give us a 10 or 5min break from stage to stage, i dont know...
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 386
    Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:01 pm

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by broegaard » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:07 pm

    Mr.Kito wrote:
    broegaard wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:The 4-5 stages would be to accomodate 60 bands playing 2 sets and not result in their stage times being cut short.
    This however will deffintly lead to a lot of clashes with bands playing.They'd be better just sticking to 40 bands.
    When you start useing that many stages it just becomes a mess.



    I dont mind more bands and more stages unless the quality of the bands are compromised just to have more bands


    yeah, but they could give us a 10 or 5min break from stage to stage, i dont know...


    i wouldnt mind the 5 min. 10? too much
    metal4ever
  • User avatar
    BloodRedMike
    Crewman
    Posts: 64
    Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:18 pm
    Location: Long Island, NY

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by BloodRedMike » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:11 pm

    Disaster Area wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:... that many stages it just becomes a mess.



    what would 70K be without Piller biting off a bit more than he can chew..?


    ^Exactly. I don't like being rushed from one band to another, and overlapping bands shouldn't happen, ever. I hope whatever duties Andy delegates to the crew works out, but this could be a disaster or a well oiled machine. Maybe each stage will have it's own style of metal, like they do at Hellfest. One can only hope.
  • User avatar
    Madkill
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 182
    Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:39 pm
    Location: Virginia

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by Madkill » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:49 pm

    I had a great time. Looking forward to 2015. First request... King Diamond.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
  • Mindcrime
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 163
    Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:31 pm

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by Mindcrime » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:53 pm

    taketheday wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:The other details that were revealed at the press conference for those that never heard:

    New ship - Liberty of the Seas
    New departure port - Fort Lauderdale
    More tickets - 3000 (will still start at $666, but there will be more cabins in the more expensive categories)
    More bands - 60
    More stages - either 4 or 5


    The Liberty of the Seas looks quite great, lets hope I will be able to book a cabin for the disabled people because this year it was a nightmare to find a solution to go in the cabin's bathroom cause of the step too high :roll: There was no problem the last year, but this year I had to find a solution by myself :bitch: Fort Lauderdale may be great too, I will check more about hotels. 3000 tickets, well, lets hope that will work, but I think it will, if no more metalhead skip the next year's cruise cause of the difficulties about the whole announcements and others for this year :roll:

    60 bands on 4 or 5 stages, not totally sure that we would be able to see the 2 sets of every band we would like to see as a lot of them would be in same time than another ones. Plus, if the distance to walk between 2 stages is not at the same area as on the Majesty, that could be more tiring for me and for the people who have difficulties to walk on some long distance :oops: Well, wait and see!


    Interesting. I looked at Royal's website a day or two ago and there is a 4 night regular cruise on sale on the Liberty of the Seas, out of Ft. Lauderdale for Jan. 22-25. I didn't go in to actually try to book it- to see if some kind of message came up about it's availability.
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman
    Posts: 78
    Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:58 pm
    Location: Virginia, USA

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by SpaceSlug » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:12 am

    cowboy71 wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:Thanks for the link. So January 22-26, 2015 is Thursday-Monday. Fine with me...mid-week Miami hotel rooms might be a bit less expensive! Looking forward to having announcements happen....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

    The other details that were revealed at the press conference for those that never heard:

    New ship - Liberty of the Seas
    New departure port - Fort Lauderdale
    More tickets - 3000 (will still start at $666, but there will be more cabins in the more expensive categories)
    More bands - 60
    More stages - either 4 or 5



    Sadly I am guessing the Ice Skating rink would become a stage. Otherwise I would be packing my hockey skates! Basketball and Boxing rings on broad? Betting those are gone too to make room. Well, the boxing ring better be gone just for safety. That wouldn't end well. I also see they have cupcakes and ben & jerrys? Like we need more things to make us fat on this trip. :belly:
  • gnoff_the_creep
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2791
    Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:55 pm
    Location: Sweden
    Contact:

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by gnoff_the_creep » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:52 am

    Someone told me the skate rink would become a stage, not sure it was from the press conference or someone guessing though, I drank some beers on the latest trip...
    I do know it didn't come from Andy direct to me, only talked to him about karaoke and people missing from the ship this year :cheers:
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21172
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: RUNNING ORDER!

    by mooyagi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:47 am

    gnoff_the_creep wrote:Someone told me the skate rink would become a stage, not sure it was from the press conference or someone guessing though, I drank some beers on the latest trip...
    I do know it didn't come from Andy direct to me, only talked to him about karaoke and people missing from the ship this year :cheers:


    Can you imagine a bunch of drunk people trying to skate around :lol: Escpecially if the ship is swaying. That's dangerous stuff. I would love to see the skating rink open but I also remember somebody telling me it is going to be covered up.
    I should get around to updating my signature
Post Reply 4923 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests