Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: RUNNING ORDER!

by taketheday » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:48 am

Just back home after a fabulous cruise :cheers: Even if I didn't like as much band as the last year, I really enjoyed with a lot of them. Thanks for the friendship of a lot of you and for the beers :cheers: I really enjoyed to chat with several of you and I was finally able to do all the cruise without to be sick, so, I didn't go to bed the last night :D Already looking forward for the next year to see all of you and to do some other great shows :wank:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:21 am

taketheday wrote:Just back home after a fabulous cruise :cheers: Even if I didn't like as much band as the last year, I really enjoyed with a lot of them. Thanks for the friendship of a lot of you and for the beers :cheers: I really enjoyed to chat with several of you and I was finally able to do all the cruise without to be sick, so, I didn't go to bed the last night :D Already looking forward for the next year to see all of you and to do some other great shows :wank:

great time. Did not introduced myself to anyone(I am just an unti-social guy :headbanger: :headbanger: ) and socializing means l miss a show..heheheehe

Maybe next year but I am in the team of: Wait at least 15/20 bands to decide....
    metal4ever
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:10 am

broegaard wrote:

great time. Did not introduced myself to anyone(I am just an unti-social guy :headbanger: :headbanger: ) and socializing means l miss a show..heheheehe

Maybe next year but I am in the team of: Wait at least 15/20 bands to decide....

I will be there the next year, for sure, but wont to book before July or August. As I'm going to Finland somewhere between May and July (don't know when exactly), I have to save my money for this holiday first, then the next year cruise. But I will be happy to meet you and some other ones, of course :cheers:

Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:21 pm

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

A Perfect journey with perfect people and perfect music!!

My 2nd UMC cruise... and I know its not the last!! See you all in 2015!!!

If any cruise fellow wants to add me, here's my facebook https://www.facebook.com/kito.vallim

post-cruise depression already!! See you guys SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:02 pm

Had a flat tire on my drive home from Chicago airport about a mile from my home, in freezing cold snowy Indiana. Not a good way to end a perfect week. I want to go back to Miami where it's warm.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Against my preference, my body (and wife) insisted we go to sleep after Septic Flesh on Thursday, so we missed Andy's speech. Did anyone video it and post the video? ...or can someone give a summary...especially as to the reasons for the 6 months of silence.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:32 pm

meshuggah wrote:Against my preference, my body (and wife) insisted we go to sleep after Septic Flesh on Thursday, so we missed Andy's speech. Did anyone video it and post the video? ...or can someone give a summary...especially as to the reasons for the 6 months of silence.

Someone definitely got it - I believe he didn't really offer up much insight into the silence, just promised things would be better next time.

Here you go - found it!!

http://youtu.be/ILOEkXCpchQ
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Thanks for the link. So January 22-26, 2015 is Thursday-Monday. Fine with me...mid-week Miami hotel rooms might be a bit less expensive! Looking forward to having announcements happen....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:39 pm

meshuggah wrote:Thanks for the link. So January 22-26, 2015 is Thursday-Monday. Fine with me...mid-week Miami hotel rooms might be a bit less expensive! Looking forward to having announcements happen....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

The other details that were revealed at the press conference for those that never heard:

New ship - Liberty of the Seas
    New departure port - Fort Lauderdale
    More tickets - 3000 (will still start at $666, but there will be more cabins in the more expensive categories)
    More bands - 60
    More stages - either 4 or 5
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:57 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:Thanks for the link. So January 22-26, 2015 is Thursday-Monday. Fine with me...mid-week Miami hotel rooms might be a bit less expensive! Looking forward to having announcements happen....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

The other details that were revealed at the press conference for those that never heard:

More tickets - 3000 (will still start at $666, but there will be more cabins in the more expensive categories)
    More bands - 60

Hard enough to find time with 40 bands. Yikes. New ship looks very nice. Major upgrade from the majesty. Shame the ice skating rink will most likely be covered up. Hooray for no more miami! Hopefully ft lauderdale is cheaper. I like the airport better at least.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Maybe shorter sets so there will be a possibility to see most bands? Not ideal, but it could become frustrating having to miss some favorite bands.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:17 am

I can summon up my trip in three parts. First part (TheVacation) was a 9 day road trip around Florida. We did 1100 miles and ended up in South Beach hostel where I got a parking ticket for parking against traffic. I was gone for 5 minutes while I jumped to the front desk to pick up the paper that allows me to park in the residential area around the hostel :D

Second part (The Vacation) was a cruise where I saw a lot of awesome shows (particulary first OverKill set, both Vicious Rumours, first Death Angel set, to some extent first Gloryhammer set). Also we parked ourselves in the first bar in Costa Maya where we had (supposedly) large Sol that was most likely watered down and it cost $14.50 each. Was so glad when I got back onbroad and was able to throw my anchor down in Viking Crown Lounge again.

Last part was the long way home were we got stuck at Frankfurt for a few hours since the airport in Graz was frozen due to ice rain. Had to connect to Vienna and then our ride picked us up there. And now I am here in a snowy, clod home, needed a vacation from The Vacation from TheVacation.

PS: I need to work on my people skills. Third cruise and I still haven't met any forumites (except Shoreslayer on the first cruise) :oops: :oops:
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:20 am

cowboy71 wrote:The other details that were revealed at the press conference for those that never heard:

More bands - 60

The Liberty of the Seas looks quite great, lets hope I will be able to book a cabin for the disabled people because this year it was a nightmare to find a solution to go in the cabin's bathroom cause of the step too high :roll: There was no problem the last year, but this year I had to find a solution by myself :bitch: Fort Lauderdale may be great too, I will check more about hotels. 3000 tickets, well, lets hope that will work, but I think it will, if no more metalhead skip the next year's cruise cause of the difficulties about the whole announcements and others for this year :roll:

60 bands on 4 or 5 stages, not totally sure that we would be able to see the 2 sets of every band we would like to see as a lot of them would be in same time than another ones. Plus, if the distance to walk between 2 stages is not at the same area as on the Majesty, that could be more tiring for me and for the people who have difficulties to walk on some long distance :oops: Well, wait and see!

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:42 am

The 4-5 stages would be to accomodate 60 bands playing 2 sets and not result in their stage times being cut short.
    This however will deffintly lead to a lot of clashes with bands playing.They'd be better just sticking to 40 bands.
    When you start useing that many stages it just becomes a mess.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:48 am

Metalwrath wrote:... that many stages it just becomes a mess.

what would 70K be without Piller biting off a bit more than he can chew..?
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:23 pm

will they change the name of the Festival?
    metal4ever
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:25 pm

broegaard wrote:will they change the name of the Festival?

Apparently no :?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:25 pm

Metalwrath wrote:The 4-5 stages would be to accomodate 60 bands playing 2 sets and not result in their stage times being cut short.
    This however will deffintly lead to a lot of clashes with bands playing.They'd be better just sticking to 40 bands.

I dont mind more bands and more stages unless the quality of the bands are compromised just to have more bands
    metal4ever
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:27 pm

broegaard wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:The 4-5 stages would be to accomodate 60 bands playing 2 sets and not result in their stage times being cut short.

I dont mind more bands and more stages unless the quality of the bands are compromised just to have more bands

yeah, but they could give us a 10 or 5min break from stage to stage, i dont know...
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:
    broegaard wrote:

yeah, but they could give us a 10 or 5min break from stage to stage, i dont know...

i wouldnt mind the 5 min. 10? too much
    metal4ever
    BloodRedMike
    Crewman

by BloodRedMike » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:... that many stages it just becomes a mess.

what would 70K be without Piller biting off a bit more than he can chew..?

^Exactly. I don't like being rushed from one band to another, and overlapping bands shouldn't happen, ever. I hope whatever duties Andy delegates to the crew works out, but this could be a disaster or a well oiled machine. Maybe each stage will have it's own style of metal, like they do at Hellfest. One can only hope.
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:49 pm

I had a great time. Looking forward to 2015. First request... King Diamond.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
  • Mindcrime
    Petty Officer

by Mindcrime » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:53 pm

taketheday wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:The other details that were revealed at the press conference for those that never heard:

More bands - 60

The Liberty of the Seas looks quite great, lets hope I will be able to book a cabin for the disabled people because this year it was a nightmare to find a solution to go in the cabin's bathroom cause of the step too high :roll: There was no problem the last year, but this year I had to find a solution by myself :bitch: Fort Lauderdale may be great too, I will check more about hotels. 3000 tickets, well, lets hope that will work, but I think it will, if no more metalhead skip the next year's cruise cause of the difficulties about the whole announcements and others for this year :roll:

60 bands on 4 or 5 stages, not totally sure that we would be able to see the 2 sets of every band we would like to see as a lot of them would be in same time than another ones. Plus, if the distance to walk between 2 stages is not at the same area as on the Majesty, that could be more tiring for me and for the people who have difficulties to walk on some long distance :oops: Well, wait and see!

Interesting. I looked at Royal's website a day or two ago and there is a 4 night regular cruise on sale on the Liberty of the Seas, out of Ft. Lauderdale for Jan. 22-25. I didn't go in to actually try to book it- to see if some kind of message came up about it's availability.
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:12 am

cowboy71 wrote:

More bands - 60

Sadly I am guessing the Ice Skating rink would become a stage. Otherwise I would be packing my hockey skates! Basketball and Boxing rings on broad? Betting those are gone too to make room. Well, the boxing ring better be gone just for safety. That wouldn't end well. I also see they have cupcakes and ben & jerrys? Like we need more things to make us fat on this trip. :belly:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:47 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Someone told me the skate rink would become a stage, not sure it was from the press conference or someone guessing though, I drank some beers on the latest trip...
    I do know it didn't come from Andy direct to me, only talked to him about karaoke and people missing from the ship this year :cheers:

Can you imagine a bunch of drunk people trying to skate around :lol: Escpecially if the ship is swaying. That's dangerous stuff. I would love to see the skating rink open but I also remember somebody telling me it is going to be covered up.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:50 am

Yes, he said that in the press conference according to Michael.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:26 pm

Whoever brought up the fact that Liberty Of The Seas is already booked January 22-26 is absolutely correct. Here's the link:
    http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacrui ... te=1150122
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:54 pm

meshuggah wrote:Whoever brought up the fact that Liberty Of The Seas is already booked January 22-26 is absolutely correct. Here's the link:

That's normal. Was like that this far out for our other cruises too. Those that booked those dates will get bumped.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:55 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Someone told me the skate rink would become a stage, not sure it was from the press conference or someone guessing though, I drank some beers on the latest trip...
    I do know it didn't come from Andy direct to me, only talked to him about karaoke and people missing from the ship this year :cheers:

Skate rink could be the black metal stage. Cold & grim.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:58 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:Whoever brought up the fact that Liberty Of The Seas is already booked January 22-26 is absolutely correct. Here's the link:

That's normal. Was like that this far out for our other cruises too. Those that booked those dates will get bumped.

They will probably bump the others to a different date/boat. Might even upgrade them for their troubles. RC is not going to turn down a boat of people that drink too much.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:47 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Can you imagine a bunch of drunk people trying to skate around :lol: Escpecially if the ship is swaying. That's dangerous stuff. I would love to see the skating rink open but I also remember somebody telling me it is going to be covered up.

But I wanna ice skate. On a boat.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

THANK YOU!!!

by Andy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Survivors!

Let me take this opportunity to thank all of you for making 70000TONS OF METAL 2014, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise once again such a success! This last year has not been an easy one, I went through a personal situation which took me out for quite a while and as a result all of you went through a lot of waiting and suspense. I will make personally sure that such a thing will not happen again!

It leaves me almost speechless that the list of nations represented onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL keeps growing. I thought that the 55 from last your could not be topped, but here we are, having had sailors from 61 countries around the Globe made it really feel like having The United Nations Of Heavy Metal At Sea! A big Ahoy to all you Survivors from: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Luxemburg, Macedonia, Mexico, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America and Venezuela!

A huge Thank You also goes out to all the bands onbroad: ATROCITY, BONFIRE, CARCASS, CRIPPER, CYNIC, DARK TRANQUILLITY, DEATH ANGEL, DEATH DTA TOURS 2014, D.R.I., FEAR FACTORY, FINNTROLL, FREEDOM CALL, GLORYHAMMER, HAGGARD, HATESPHERE, IZEGRIM, KEEP OF KALESSIN, LEAVES' EYES, MASSACRE, NEKROGOBLIKON, NOVEMBER'S DOOM, OBITUARY, ORPHANED LAND, OVERKILL, POLTERGEIST, PUNGENT STENCH, RAVEN, RISING STORM, SATYRICON, SEPTIC FLESH, SOILWORK, SWALLOW THE SUN, SWASHBUCKLE, SYMPHONY X, TERRORIZER, THE HAUNTED, TWILIGHT OF THE GODS, UNEARTH, VICIOUS RUMORS, VICTORY, XANDRIA and last but not least Vika for her Piano Performances and David for the never ending Karaoke Nights!

A big Thank You to CMM, all journalists and over all, our Media Partners: Aardschok, BW&BK: Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles, iM1 TV, Metal Hammer Germany, Metal Hammer UK, Metallian, Roadie Crew and Scream Magazine for spreading the word!

Thank You to Royal Caribbean International and the entire Crew of the Majesty Of The Seas for having us onbroad!

Thank You to Roc-Off Productions for building the biggest Open Air stage that ever sailed the Open Seas! Thank You to Clair Global for providing the Sound Equipment! Thank You to Jonas Productions for the Backline! Thank You to Cat Entertainment Systems for providing the Power Distribution on board and Thank You to Event Operations Group: The best Security Crew there is!

Thank You to all the Crew, Employees and Partners of Ultimate Music Cruises Inc. for all your dedication and hard work!

A very special Thank You to all Volunteers of 70000TONS OF METAL 2014! Without you The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise would not happen!

It makes me incredibly proud to have had all of you on the same boat!

I am looking forward to welcoming you all onboad once again next January for round five of 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! And for the ones that missed the news: There will be 60 Bands next year... stay tuned for more... VERY SOON!

One more time: Thank You! All of You!

your Skipper

And BTW, Thank You WeFe for the nice snapshot :beerwink:

Stained Class
    Commander

Re: THANK YOU!!!

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:21 pm

Andy wrote:This last year has not been an easy one, I went through a personal situation which took me out for quite a while and as a result all of you went through a lot of waiting and suspense. I will make personally sure that such a thing will not happen again!

There you have it folks, Andy is human!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Its water under the bridge (or should I say boat? :P ) now anyway.

Certainly did detract from the enjoyment of the build up somewhat, but end product was once again pretty cool.

Will be interesting to sit on the sidelines and see how 2015 pans out.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Its water under the bridge (or should I say boat? :P ) now anyway.

THIS

but Andy should have someone to back him up...

well, anyway.. water under the bridge... 2015 is on the horizon and I cant wait to see you all and have a beer on the new pool deck!! :shred: :shred:
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Sure, I could bitch about the wait, but anybody that saw me on the boat will tell you I'm full of shit. While not the best lineup for me personally (MOAR THRAAAASH) all the bands I watched were fucking amazing playing the best sets I've ever seen em play, and with all the other forumites I had quite possibly the best cruise of my life. I'm not planning on attending another cruise, but the future is not written in stone.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:52 pm

I WANT ANOTHER 70000tons OF METAL!!! :cry:
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:07 am

Damnit! I don´t wanna be in Sweden. I want to go back and do it all over again. The only thing I would change is the duration of the stay. The Cruise was excellent and a total blast, but I wish we had booked more days in Miami afterwards. Thanks to all I managed to say hi to on the ship! You were all excellent people!
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:44 am

Stained Class wrote:There you have it folks, Andy is human!

No way!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Pero
    Petty Officer

by Pero » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:49 am

Since the new motto is "Very soon" I'm looking for 4 people to wear the letters V E R and Y next year :lol:
    2011 - 5535
    2012 - 5527
    2013 - 2513
    2014 - 2039
    2015 - 9675
Post Reply 4744 posts